Yohan's Thread

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

Yohan's Thread

Postby Yohan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello,

In October me and my fiance were hit by an 18 wheeler truck. He died from his injuries. We've been together since high school. Not to be too corny but he's he love of my life. I met a girl through a family member who is able to talk to spirits. I talked to my fiance 29 days after the accident. She didn't charge me any money. It was from this that I realized that people exist in a non-physical realm. My sole reason for wanting to experience the non-physical is to be with him. After doing lots of research I've ended up here, looking for help.

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.
I've read Xanth's Phasing Primer pdf and the Frank Kepple organized Google Docs document. It wasn't until I found these that things really started to click. That was about a week ago. I understand that projection experience is just based on different levels of awareness.

2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?
I realize that it will take tons of practice as this I've never tried to understand this level consciousness. I see that projecting is not something mystical and is possible for everyone with effort and understanding. I've had some experiences that I remember that is really helping me understand.
-When I was about 14 one of my dreams ended like a movie. It faded to black. Then I just saw darkness. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't move my body. It was terrifying. It wasn't until someone kicked me about 20 minutes later that I woke up.
-Around the same age I realized I was in a dream in the middle of it. I just kept yelling this isn't real this is a dream. I just kept laughing and participating in whatever was happening.
-About a few weeks ago I was asleep and I heard my sister come in my room looking for something. I didn't wake up but I heard her. Sometime later I woke up. I could see the room but my body wasn't moving. I just started screaming but I wasn't making any sounds. I saw the hallway light on and I thought my sister would come and shake me but she didn't. I realized my body was in the "sleep paralysis" frozen state and I calmed down. My body then started to vibrate really violently. When that happened I tried to roll out of my body but I wasn't successful. I wasn't that far into my research I had a lot of misunderstandings and I didn't know what to do next. I tried to think of some exiting techniques like the rope thing but I hadn't read into it deep enough. It took a whole lot of energy so I lowered my vibrations and went back to sleep.

3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?
I originally tried the classic obe techniques based on reading different articles and forums. I tried laying down and trying to enter sleep paralysis. I would lay on my back and fight every urge I had to roll over, scratch, swallow or move. I've tried laying there and imagining different exit techniques and waiting for vibrations. I've tried using the timer from lucidology.com to beep at intervals to wake me up. They all just left me frustrated.

It wasn't until I found astralvoyage.com that really put things into perspective. I read those articles and found the Gateway Experience. Doing some more research I discovered Kepple's phasing technique which makes so much sense to me. I stopped focusing on trying to relax so much and more on getting deeper into my consciousness. I'm currently using the noticing technique and the mental rundown. I'm really just starting it. The second time I did it I saw some images coming at me but of coarse I got distracted. I wake up at 3-4 am everyday. My goal is to stay up for about an hour and go back to sleep but I've been turning my alarm off and sleep through. I just need more practice.

4. How long have you been attempting them for?
I've been attempting since 12/17. That's when I started to keep a dream journal. I usually remember my dreams, sometimes vaguely, sometimes clearly. Today I finally got a list of things that I can do to practice during the day, before I go to sleep, and when I wake up.

I'm putting all my effort into this and just hoping for some feedback based on my experiences. When I saw this Destynee's Plan thing I thought this was an excellent idea and something I need to take advantage. All commenters please be honest as possible. I finally have all my plans and ideas organized and focused so I will be updating how my efforts have been unfolding. Looking forward to the feedback.

Thank you,

Yohan
Yohan

Yohan's Thread

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Yohan's Thread

Postby Szaxx » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 am

Welcome to Destinys Plan and the forum.
You've done your homework and started the ball rolling. That's a brilliant start. You are going to be successful as your dedication is already high.
There's a couple of video's to watch to give some idea on the practice, these are full of good information.
Lets hope your endeavours in this art fulfill your desires.
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Yohan wrote:Hello,

In October me and my fiance were hit by an 18 wheeler truck. He died from his injuries. We've been together since high school. Not to be too corny but he's he love of my life. I met a girl through a family member who is able to talk to spirits. I talked to my fiance 29 days after the accident. She didn't charge me any money. It was from this that I realized that people exist in a non-physical realm. My sole reason for wanting to experience the non-physical is to be with him. After doing lots of research I've ended up here, looking for help.

My condolences. That couldn't have been an easy situation to handle. You sound like you're doing very well though.
You're very strong. Draw power from that. :)

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.
I've read Xanth's Phasing Primer pdf and the Frank Kepple organized Google Docs document. It wasn't until I found these that things really started to click. That was about a week ago. I understand that projection experience is just based on different levels of awareness.

Now, let me just clarify something quickly for you.
It's not your understanding yet, it's just something you read.
Eventually you will have your own experiences and you can test this stuff out for yourself. :)

For now, just kind of put aside everything you've read about projection and just focus entirely upon trying to learn to experience it for yourself.

2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?
I realize that it will take tons of practice as this I've never tried to understand this level consciousness. I see that projecting is not something mystical and is possible for everyone with effort and understanding. I've had some experiences that I remember that is really helping me understand.
-When I was about 14 one of my dreams ended like a movie. It faded to black. Then I just saw darkness. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't move my body. It was terrifying. It wasn't until someone kicked me about 20 minutes later that I woke up.
-Around the same age I realized I was in a dream in the middle of it. I just kept yelling this isn't real this is a dream. I just kept laughing and participating in whatever was happening.
-About a few weeks ago I was asleep and I heard my sister come in my room looking for something. I didn't wake up but I heard her. Sometime later I woke up. I could see the room but my body wasn't moving. I just started screaming but I wasn't making any sounds. I saw the hallway light on and I thought my sister would come and shake me but she didn't. I realized my body was in the "sleep paralysis" frozen state and I calmed down. My body then started to vibrate really violently. When that happened I tried to roll out of my body but I wasn't successful. I wasn't that far into my research I had a lot of misunderstandings and I didn't know what to do next. I tried to think of some exiting techniques like the rope thing but I hadn't read into it deep enough. It took a whole lot of energy so I lowered my vibrations and went back to sleep.

You have much more experience with projection than you even have begun to realize. :)
If you just loosen that box ever so slightly... you're just on the edge. ;)

3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?
I originally tried the classic obe techniques based on reading different articles and forums. I tried laying down and trying to enter sleep paralysis. I would lay on my back and fight every urge I had to roll over, scratch, swallow or move. I've tried laying there and imagining different exit techniques and waiting for vibrations. I've tried using the timer from lucidology.com to beep at intervals to wake me up. They all just left me frustrated.

It wasn't until I found astralvoyage.com that really put things into perspective. I read those articles and found the Gateway Experience. Doing some more research I discovered Kepple's phasing technique which makes so much sense to me. I stopped focusing on trying to relax so much and more on getting deeper into my consciousness. I'm currently using the noticing technique and the mental rundown. I'm really just starting it. The second time I did it I saw some images coming at me but of coarse I got distracted. I wake up at 3-4 am everyday. My goal is to stay up for about an hour and go back to sleep but I've been turning my alarm off and sleep through. I just need more practice.

*ALL* techniques boil down to one thing. Yes... ONE common factor exists between *EVERY* *SINGLE* *TECHNIQUE* out there.

What they all boil down to is that they all get you to focus upon something outside of yourself. They all get you to move your focus away from the physical in some way. That's it.
That's the key to projecting. :)

4. How long have you been attempting them for?
I've been attempting since 12/17. That's when I started to keep a dream journal. I usually remember my dreams, sometimes vaguely, sometimes clearly. Today I finally got a list of things that I can do to practice during the day, before I go to sleep, and when I wake up.

Excellent job with the Dream Journal. Keep that up! Definitely. The more you can remember, the more you can identify as being "non-physical" and the greater chance you'll notice these while dreaming... which will then trigger, at the very least, a lucid awareness.

I'm putting all my effort into this and just hoping for some feedback based on my experiences. When I saw this Destynee's Plan thing I thought this was an excellent idea and something I need to take advantage. All commenters please be honest as possible. I finally have all my plans and ideas organized and focused so I will be updating how my efforts have been unfolding. Looking forward to the feedback.

Thank you,

Yohan

As long as you put in the time and effort, I know we can get you proficient enough to do what it is you want!
And as Szaxx mentioned, there are a couple sticky threads at the top of this subforum. They're lesson 1 and lesson 2. They're videos.
The first one is of Tom Campbell who provides some basic information on learning to projection and what you need do and the mindset you need to have.
The second video is to assist you in learning to focus and hold that focus.

Welcome to the forum!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Yohan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Thanks Szaxx! I saw the videos. I have watch the Lesson 1 video with Tom Cambpell. That really put a lot of things in perspective. The thing that I stood out to me the most is that projection is a natural process. He said you do not need to learn a new technique, you have to forget an old one. You have to unlearn all the things that make it difficult. I have also been doing the focusing technique from Lesson 2 every day.

I've been reading through the UB blog as well. The True Meditation video really helped me. I keep reading about the importance of meditation but I really wasn't sure what is was or what to do because there are so many variations. I plan on listening to his guided meditation today. Also Xanth can you re-upload the lucid dream timer you created to the blog?

Xanth
Thanks for your condolences.

Now, let me just clarify something quickly for you.
It's not your understanding yet, it's just something you read.
Eventually you will have your own experiences and you can test this stuff out for yourself. :)

For now, just kind of put aside everything you've read about projection and just focus entirely upon trying to learn to experience it for yourself.

I know what you mean by this. I just meant that from all that I've read the explanation of dream awareness, lucid awareness, and astral awareness is something that makes the most sense to me.

*ALL* techniques boil down to one thing. Yes... ONE common factor exists between *EVERY* *SINGLE* *TECHNIQUE* out there.

What they all boil down to is that they all get you to focus upon something outside of yourself. They all get you to move your focus away from the physical in some way. That's it.
That's the key to projecting. :)

Yep I get this now. After reading about all these techniques I got confused. This idea really broke it down for me. I'm a computer engineering major. The thing my programming teachers would always say is "understand the concepts first and the code will follow". This helped me find a starting point.

My Attempts
Through trial and error this is what I've been doing.

I read about projection during the day. I don't watch TV. I've stopped going on social networks for the most part. I work from home. I don't really leave the house. I read and learn new things everyday. Outside of eating and talking to family and friends this is what I do. I'm very desperate for success. I also created a subliminal track that has projection affirmations playing at a low frequency. I'm not sure if its going to work or not but I'm putting it in my mind that it will work. I also do the visualization exercise where I imagine shapes and change their size and color and things like that.

Before bed I read my dream journal and put the intent to become aware during my dream in my head. I listen to a guided meditation to clear and balance my chakras. I know its a metaphor but its really helpful to me. I've also been trying the SILD technique.

I wake up at 2:30 am now. I listen to the Wave I Track 2 and go through my rundown. Afterwards I try to go through the rundown without the track. I have a hard time with the visualizations. I know that as I get more involved in the visualization I will eventually stop focusing on my body. But I keep kind of bouncing out of my rundown and noticing my body. I think all this takes is some more practice. I'm going to come up with a couple more rundowns to try out.

I'm starting to remember my dreams move vividly each night. I haven't had a lucid dream yet but I'm working on it. I keep track of any patterns. I actually go to my childhood house quite frequently. I haven't been doing the reality checks regularly but I will start. I have written on my wall in my bedroom "Childhood House = Dream" and "Reality Check: Where am I? How did I get here?" I'm hoping these will translate into to my dreams.

I have this loud ringing in my head. When I listen to it really close and focus on it, it amplifies. They are also different frequencies. I'm working on incorporating this into a method I can use to focus on something outside of myself. I'm also working on developing clairaudience.

I'm practicing the noticing technique. It trying to keep my eyes from moving when I see any images.

I'm firmly into the notion that everything is energy. Its neither lost or destroyed, its just transferred. Thoughts are energy and can be used to manifest things that we want. This has helped me keep a positive attitude for the last couple of days. I've been crying non-stop since the accident. Now I'm using my intent to find something that works for me to consciously access the astral. I've used intent to stop my really hard hiccups I have. I've use it to stop pain in my body. It works.

I'll update again next week. If any suggestions pop up please let me know.

Thanks guys!

Yohan
Yohan

Postby Xanth » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Don't force your eyes to not move. You'll be extremely unsuccessful at that.
Forcing anything is never a good idea.

Instead, allow them to slowly move around where ever they want. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:20 pm

Stay aware just enough to be awake and let go of everything.
With what you've learned so far you should understand how to do this.
If an arm wants to twitch, let it.
As Xanth said force nothing it can't work, let go and nature will do the rest.
You're in for some deep trance sessions now. They should feel very strong if you can let them develop. The tactile sense of movements will impress you.
Let them be and fear nothing.
Szaxx

Postby Yohan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks Xanth and Szaxx.

That tip is such an easy one to forget. Sometimes I forget to realize to just let it happen. It has really helped.

I'm finding that I can't focus on my rundown with the Hemi-Sync beats. I always itch or have to move or something. And Monroe's voice is distracting. I tried listening to the FreeFlow track from Wave I bc it doesnt have his voice as much but that didn't really work out any better. I've decided to focus on Lucid Dreaming. I have been recording my dreams since the middle of December everyday. For the most part I always remember them so I feel like that will be easier than Phasing at least for now.

I've switched to Isochronic Beats. I bought the Astral package from UnexplainableStore.com. It includes an AP beat, LD beat, and a past life regression beat. I've also tried to the AP and LD beats from Iso-tones.com. I'm on Day 3. Since I've been listening to the LD track I have been dreaming about Lucid Dreaming and AP. For example the first night I listened to it I had a dream my mom was taking me to the doctor because I was having a hard time lucid dreaming. Yep I tried to go to the lucid dream doctor lol. The second day I had a dream I was asking someone how to get to the Astral. They said I just needed a ride there (lol smh). I get so frustrated when I wake up. I'm talking about LDing but if I could just realize that I'm dreaming... I like the Isochronic beats tho. For some reason I don't get the itchy movy feeling.

I have been doing reality checks more often. I downloaded a random alarm that rings throughout the day at random times. I have it set for 100 times per day. When I hear it I look at my hands and tell myself I am dreaming. I haven't been lucid yet.

I'm not sure how else to induce a LD. I go over my dream journal, I do reality checks, I have been doing the Wake Back to Bed method everyday. I'm not sure what else I can do other than practice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Yohan

Postby Majic » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:39 am

I'm very desperate for success

Dont try to hard as it can become a barrier without realizing it. You will become embedded in techniques and lost the intuitive aspects that are essential to get your first dream. Also a lot of us had lucids naturally long before we knew what they were and all of them were spontaneous so you need a mix of intense learning balanced with some relaxing. Stop and daydream from time to time and then observe your mind, gently greet any images or thougths that arrive and this is the springboard for either lucid awareness or a transition while waking directly into a lucid dream.

Keep at it as you appear to at one end of the scale with max effort and desire and so it will happen soon enough
Majic

Postby Xanth » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Yohan wrote:Thanks Xanth and Szaxx.

That tip is such an easy one to forget. Sometimes I forget to realize to just let it happen. It has really helped.

I'm finding that I can't focus on my rundown with the Hemi-Sync beats. I always itch or have to move or something. And Monroe's voice is distracting. I tried listening to the FreeFlow track from Wave I bc it doesnt have his voice as much but that didn't really work out any better. I've decided to focus on Lucid Dreaming. I have been recording my dreams since the middle of December everyday. For the most part I always remember them so I feel like that will be easier than Phasing at least for now.

Take care of the distraction. Don't allow it to become a point of YOUR distraction.

Think about how you fall asleep at night...
You lie there, if you have an itch, you scratch it... if you have to go to the bathroom, you go... you don't lie there fighting against it.
Take the same approach with projection. Just slowly and calmly take care of whatever is happening then go back to practicing. You should be able to get into a good meditative state and still be able to take care of an itch without losing any focus.

Also, realize what you're saying when you say you're going to focus on "lucid dreaming" instead...
You're saying that you want to work on learning to recognize when you're dreaming to become aware. Realize too that this IS a projection as well. It's every bit an astral projection. :)
I just wanted to make sure you know what you're attempting in relation to what most perceive an "astral projection" to be.

I've switched to Isochronic Beats. I bought the Astral package from UnexplainableStore.com. It includes an AP beat, LD beat, and a past life regression beat. I've also tried to the AP and LD beats from Iso-tones.com. I'm on Day 3. Since I've been listening to the LD track I have been dreaming about Lucid Dreaming and AP. For example the first night I listened to it I had a dream my mom was taking me to the doctor because I was having a hard time lucid dreaming. Yep I tried to go to the lucid dream doctor lol. The second day I had a dream I was asking someone how to get to the Astral. They said I just needed a ride there (lol smh). I get so frustrated when I wake up. I'm talking about LDing but if I could just realize that I'm dreaming... I like the Isochronic beats tho. For some reason I don't get the itchy movy feeling.

It's all personal preference. Isochronic Tones don't do anything for me. I prefer Binaural Beats.

But also realize that no single tone can be for any particular action. For example, there's no such thing as an Isochronic Tone specifically to lucid dream... it's entirely about Intent.

Another thing is that you don't have to "get to the astral". When you dream/project/whatever... you're already in the astral... not that the astral is a 'place' really. Any reality you're experiencing which you identify and recognize as not being this physical reality is the "astral". Get it? :)

I have been doing reality checks more often. I downloaded a random alarm that rings throughout the day at random times. I have it set for 100 times per day. When I hear it I look at my hands and tell myself I am dreaming. I haven't been lucid yet.

That's great! Keep that up.
But remember, it's not enough to simply "look" at your hands. You need to put the proper Intent behind this as well. Look at your hands... ask yourself questions about what you see & how they feel. Really examine them during the check... when you do this non-physically, it'll be extremely obvious what's going on. :)

I'm not sure how else to induce a LD. I go over my dream journal, I do reality checks, I have been doing the Wake Back to Bed method everyday. I'm not sure what else I can do other than practice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You're doing fine. :)

Give this a read: http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/ ... id-dreams/
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Yohan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:19 am

Did I have an OBE or a False Awakening?

Thanks Lionheart! I will try these. And the doctor had left for the day I didn't get to see him :(

Thanks Majic. You're right I have to work on this. I will keep this in mind. I meditate in the mornings. It will help to just sit back relax and just visualize for a bit.

Also, realize what you're saying when you say you're going to focus on "lucid dreaming" instead...
You're saying that you want to work on learning to recognize when you're dreaming to become aware. Realize too that this IS a projection as well. It's every bit an astral projection. :)
I just wanted to make sure you know what you're attempting in relation to what most perceive an "astral projection" to be.

Thanks Xanth. I just like to use the conventional terminology. The idea that a dream is an unconscious projection is my favorite discovery about this process. I'm excited to verify for myself. And I have stopped trying to fight any sensations. Everything else is fine its just the headphones that really do me in.

But also realize that no single tone can be for any particular action. For example, there's no such thing as an Isochronic Tone specifically to lucid dream... it's entirely about Intent.

Its funny I woke up this morning and thought about it like wait...how to do you make a beat for a specific action? There is a tone to cure acne? How? This definitely makes sense. I really like the Iso tones though because I don't need headphones.

So this is my question. I listen to the beats before I go to sleep. I fall asleep with them playing.

I had an experience where I was laying down and my body just started to vibrate. It was so intense that it almost hurt. I heard a whole bunch of noises. I got scared and it stopped. So then I thought about how I want to do this to be with my boyfriend. So the vibrations started again and I made sure to tell myself to remain calm. I know excitement is the downfall. I thought about all the fun memories that we had to make the vibrations stronger.

I've read about all the exiting techniques but I just thought Whats the point? I just raised my hand. It was dark. Then I raise my other hand. Then I got up. I looked at my bed to see if I saw my body. I didn't see it so I laid back down. I thought that it was just me in my body getting up.

This would be a false awakening right? For traditional OBEs is it always guaranteed that you will see your body lying on the bed?

I had another experience where the buzzing in my head had gotten so loud that I yelled out. I looked at the door because I thought my mom was going to come in the room and see what was going on but she didn't. Is this a False Awakening?

Thanks!

Yohan
Yohan

Postby Xanth » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:36 am

Yohan wrote:Did I have an OBE or a False Awakening?

That is an extremely easy question to answer for yourself.

Were you aware that you were non-physical?

Yes = OBE (projection)
No = False Awakening

A false awakening is really nothing more than a dream awareness experience. It's you being in the non-physical and not realizing it.

So this is my question. I listen to the beats before I go to sleep. I fall asleep with them playing.

I had an experience where I was laying down and my body just started to vibrate. It was so intense that it almost hurt. I heard a whole bunch of noises. I got scared and it stopped. So then I thought about how I want to do this to be with my boyfriend. So the vibrations started again and I made sure to tell myself to remain calm. I know excitement is the downfall. I thought about all the fun memories that we had to make the vibrations stronger.

I've read about all the exiting techniques but I just thought Whats the point? I just raised my hand. It was dark. Then I raise my other hand. Then I got up. I looked at my bed to see if I saw my body. I didn't see it so I laid back down. I thought that it was just me in my body getting up.

This would be a false awakening right? For traditional OBEs is it always guaranteed that you will see your body lying on the bed?

That is a false awakening, correct. You were non-physical, but didn't quite become aware of it.
And no, it's entirely up to you if you see your body or not. Remember, you're not REALLY experiencing this physical reality when you're having an experience of that sort... you're experiencing a copy of this physical reality created mostly from the information in your mind. So it's really up to you (consciously or subconsciously) whether you'll see a body of yourself there.

I had another experience where the buzzing in my head had gotten so loud that I yelled out. I looked at the door because I thought my mom was going to come in the room and see what was going on but she didn't. Is this a False Awakening?

Correct. Another false awakening.
Now if you had realized you were non-physical, then it would have been a projection. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:17 am

Hi Yohan.

I know I'm late to this thread and I don't want to sidetrack you at all but I want to encourage your decision to project through lucid dreaming. A lot of people think this cheapens the experience or that it isn't the "real" deal. I can already tell from your posts that it's only a matter of time if you keep it up. You are already having false awakenings happening more frequently and this isn't a coincidence.
astralzombie

Postby Xanth » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:14 am

I couldn't agree more. The people who tell you that a lucid dream is somehow less significant than an astral projection doesn't have the understanding or experience behind them of the nature of the experience. They're still tightly holding on to the classic mystical notion of projection.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:52 am

Agree, they are missing half of the picture as the destination is the same but only one entry style so cutting back their chances in a big way.
Majic

Postby Yohan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:35 am

Thanks guys! I agree. I really don't care about the entry method. Whatever is easiest at the time.

Oh yea one other thing. These Iso beats are causing these vibrations I feel. I've read about vibrations in the past but I gave up very early on to take that sleep paralysis, wait for vibrations route. I was not expecting, anticipating, or even wanting them. Its so weird that I felt vibrations that day.

Also I do the Senses Induced LD technique before I go to sleep. That really seems to help.

Anyway in my dream last night I knew to do reality checks which is awesome!

They consist of three things. I looked at my palms and asked myself if I was dreaming. I tried to put my index finger through my palm. That one actually failed. My third one is jumping. I jumped and went through the ceiling.

I looked around and accepted that I was dreaming. I figured that with intention my environment will change and I will be wherever my boyfriend is.

I put my hands together in Namaste position and said his name. Everything around me started to both melt and crumble. I got scared and ran back to my house. I ran down some stairs and fell back into dream awareness. I don't remember what happened after that.

What should I have done differently? How do you guys transition from Lucid to Astral awareness? Is there a better method to increase my awareness? Would it have been easier to transition thru a TV or walk thru a door or something like that? I'm going to go search around the blogosphere. I didn't expect that to happen.

I understand this takes practice but getting this close is killing me :(

Thanks guys!

Yohan
Yohan

Postby Szaxx » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:58 pm

It seems that you are doing everything correctly. If you are constantly hitting a wall in your travels, I'd recommend you slow down.
A one week break from any 'trying to do anything.
The best thing now is to simply go to sleep each night, expect nothing, do nothing and try to get to sleep the old way.
After a day or two something may activate the dream trigger mechanism. This can't be rushed and doing nothing works better than trying.
If you can manage another 45 mins sleep, this will help too.
You'll find the results in the morning if it works.
Should you get total awareness in your dream, you've made it. Remember the feel, this can used later. Stop the dream with a thought and do whatever you've ideally planned already. (A local safe place to go to.)
Szaxx

Postby Yohan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:28 am

It seems that you are doing everything correctly. If you are constantly hitting a wall in your travels, I'd recommend you slow down.
A one week break from any 'trying to do anything.
The best thing now is to simply go to sleep each night, expect nothing, do nothing and try to get to sleep the old way.
After a day or two something may activate the dream trigger mechanism. This can't be rushed and doing nothing works better than trying.
If you can manage another 45 mins sleep, this will help too.
You'll find the results in the morning if it works.
Should you get total awareness in your dream, you've made it. Remember the feel, this can used later. Stop the dream with a thought and do whatever you've ideally planned already. (A local safe place to go to.)

Thanks Szaxx! When I read this I took a break for 5 days. It helped a lot.

I have dreams about Astral Projection. Actually that's redundant to say. I'm having unconscious projections where my subconscious is creating experiences on the subject of Astral Projection. I just need practice becoming total aware. I will try to stop the dream with a thought to gain awareness like you suggest. My reality checks are failing. I think because they are failing when I'm conscious. I'm actually going to change them.

Also I'm seeing that I have dreams about things I think about or read about right before I go to sleep.

Just need some more practice.

Thanks!

Yohan
Yohan

Postby Xanth » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Remember that a reality check is more than you just stopping for a second to ask and answer a question. That act alone is actually meaningless and won't help.

The important part of the act is the Intent you place behind the asking and answering. You need to REALLY put the effort into analysing the question and seeing if it is true or not at that time. Really experiment with it.

Now you don't need to take a long time doing this. You can do this process in 5 or 10 second, but it needs to take up your entire attention.

If you do that when physical, then when it happens nonphysical, you'll definitely succeed. :-)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Xanth » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Yohan wrote: What should I have done differently? How do you guys transition from Lucid to Astral awareness? Is there a better method to increase my awareness? Would it have been easier to transition thru a TV or walk thru a door or something like that? I'm going to go search around the blogosphere. I didn't expect that to happen.

I understand this takes practice but getting this close is killing me :(

Thanks guys!

Yohan

It kind of sounds like you were already astrally aware. Did you have a waking awareness? Or close to it?

To shift from lucid to astral awareness is all about waking up the awareness associated with your physical awareness. It's really the same method as attaining awareness in the first place, but with a deeper inflection upon your own life experiences. I've always used the same questions as with the initial awareness thing.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:28 pm

I hope this fixes the problem that's not really there. Doubt halts the process, so doubt that doubt you had and it's then irrelevant.
Sounds like you've broken the invisible veil of the whole process.
Stopping the dead-end is simple.
If you were as awake and aware of everything around you in the same manner you are in the physical, you've entered the final destination for all your efforts. Just think of your safe place and you'll be translocated there.
If you were not that aware there's that 5 second break where you mentally freeze everything around you in your experience, this is the most simple thing to do. Keep this in mind if you are struggling gaining awareness, 5 seconds at full stop to become the you as in the physical. This will work instantly, unlike the daily reality checks requiring three weeks to work.
You think aloud, strong thoughts as it is really important to freeze everything and know in yourself that absolutely nothing can defy this command.
Once it all stops dead, you think about the safe place, something close and imagine you are there. You close your eyes and know you'll be there seeing all as expected. Time has no effect, day or night is immaterial, nothing but your thought will be infront of you when you open your eyes. If things are misty, that's normal. If they are crystal clear then your thoughts were very strong.
You'll be out of the physical and having an experience you'll remember for a long time. It can last a while where you walk around etc, it may last a couple of seconds, its ok either way.
Do this with the same conviction as if your life depends upon it. Having that amount of intent will produce a full on experience.
As Lion has said many times "don't try, DO!"
It's this conviction that's required when you have left the physical world you know behind and are starting out as a conciousness of existance in the wider reality.
After freezing, you have a few seconds to do the thought visualisation. It can take longer, the view you were seeing once froze starts to decay naturally. Any fears can manifest once you reach this platform.
You can expect any sounds to become distant, they'll change as the vision starts to fade into a molten pool of blackness. The floor you thought you were on will melt away too. Again fear can take you away from here. YOU ARE NOT PHYSICAL AT ALL this you must remember. All physical world laws have gone, ie you can't fall even if the ground APPEARS to have melted away.
It will and you'll be alone in this darkness.
That's the exact thing to aim for if the safe place isn't thought of earlier. Once the unwanted (frozen) scene isn't thought of anymore it decays into the blackness. Your thoughts here become a new reality. It's your reality and within it you are the master.
That's about it. Once you do this Destinys plan is finished for the first stages of getting out.
The next step will begin then and there's no turning back. You have now got on board the rollercoaster. First the ramp, after that, the drop. It's a ride for life and a lifetime of a ride.
Szaxx

Next

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy