Why You Need To Control Your Thoughts

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby Xanth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 pm

I just started to read William Buhlman’s book, “Adventures Beyond The Body”, and I wanted to share a passage in it which illustrates beautifully why one needs to learn to control their thoughts and keep a focused, goal-oriented mind, when astral projecting.

Buhlman writes:

Each experience increased my realization that my nonphysical state of consciousness was extremely sensitive and responsive to the slightest thought. My prevailing conscious and subconscious thoughts would instantly propel me in a specific direction. I quickly learned that my subconscious mind exerts much more influence and control over my actions than I ever imagined. Often, a completely spontaneous thought would create an immediate reaction. For example, if I thought about flying, which I often did, I would immediately fly through the ceiling or wall and glide over my neighborhood.
This is probably the best paragraph I’ve ever read that shows perfectly why we need complete control.

This is what I believe to be the cause behind the experience which some people (I believe it was coined by Robert Bruce) refer to as the “Astral Wind”. Whereby you’ll be in one location, then some kind of wind or supposed “pushing/pulling” effect will happen upon you, where you’ll end up somewhere else unknowingly. Well, this is why.

People don’t realize it and they try to externalize the sensation, which will cause it to appear as something external, such as a “wind” that uncontrollably blows you elsewhere.
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Why You Need To Control Your Thoughts

Postby Majic » Wed May 01, 2013 12:40 am

Same but I tend to observe more that anything so not chucked around that much by random thoughts. I do take intent into the dream if I have a goal but dont ask for specifics but request the dream for something and then let it lead me around. I cant paint or sing but have asked for art lessons and created some nice images and asked to see art and seen 100's of awesome works and also just started singing. That was unreal as I truly can sing, my kids tell me to stop but in the dream it was living sound and it flowed even though the words were nothing I had ever heard. So I think there is a crossover somewhere that needs to be considered on what thoughts to take to the dream and what effect they may have
Majic

Postby Szaxx » Wed May 01, 2013 6:45 am

I've termed this as distractions. The slightest thing thats attention grabbing and you're off. It does take a lot of mental exercise to just notice these things that throw you off course. It's very true a loose thinking process that affects your emotions and you'll be elsewhere. This can get annoying too. Self control and not reacting to that seen bar noticing it, is key to prevent being rushed off to whereverland.
On occasion it still takes the lead. This usually happens when you're somewhat tired or not aware enough to prevent it.
Szaxx

Postby astralzombie » Fri May 03, 2013 2:54 pm

I have read so many places that you need to have a focused intent. Well my focused intent has always been to go where I need to go and see what I need to see.

Every destination has something to show you.

You just need to trust and know that you are being sent there for a purpose.
--Lionheart

I completely agree but I think this can be a bit much for the inexperienced. Until they understand the trust part, they're better off going to some tropical rainforest with rainbow colored bunnies. Trust is hard to come by from a mind conditioned to only physical existence.

Once they get comfy, they'll move on. Especially once they realize a rainbow bunny is one thought away from being a dragon with razor teeth.
astralzombie

Postby luciddreamer » Fri May 03, 2013 4:42 pm

i kept having astral wind when i became awere i would think im dreaming, then i would say run. Then i would walk or run around and around and i couldent go where i wanted. but since i started to meditate its gone away and i can now interact with aweraness rather than control it.
luciddreamer

Postby Jettins » Fri May 03, 2013 10:51 pm

This is a long post, I hope it's not too hard to understand.

William Bulhman wrote:Each experience increased my realization that my nonphysical state of consciousness was extremely sensitive and responsive to the slightest thought. My prevailing conscious and subconscious thoughts would instantly propel me in a specific direction. I quickly learned that my subconscious mind exerts much more influence and control over my actions than I ever imagined. Often, a completely spontaneous thought would create an immediate reaction. For example, if I thought about flying, which I often did, I would immediately fly through the ceiling or wall and glide over my neighborhood.

Xanth wrote:This is what I believe to be the cause behind the experience which some people (I believe it was coined by Robert Bruce) refer to as the “Astral Wind”. Whereby you’ll be in one location, then some kind of wind or supposed “pushing/pulling” effect will happen upon you, where you’ll end up somewhere else unknowingly. Well, this is why.

People don’t realize it and they try to externalize the sensation, which will cause it to appear as something external, such as a “wind” that uncontrollably blows you elsewhere.

The moment you realize that energy, and entity or being can pull you to a location in the same way that you can objective travel to another location the idea falls apart because it’s incomplete. We aren't the only sentient beings + more that have a say on how things will be experienced in the astral dimensions or in the physical.

Our subconscious mind does have a very big say on how we react to our reality, but at the same time it will not always choice what it will experience. In the same way that a drug addict did not choice to be abused or neglected when he or she was a child creating the tendency for an addiction. This happens because others have a choice on how they will interact with us, but let’s not talk about Karma because it opens up a big can of worms. In the non-physical dimensions one might need to take care of responsibilities in the same way as in the physical. Even if you’re subconscious doesn't want too, guess what? Someone else is may pull you to it. The non-physical is the same. It happens in the same way you may pull a "guide" to attend to your needs. In this case the “guide” wants to help. But not all astral encounters happen willfully. If you check my last post you will see that I referred to this process as “readiness states”.

The non-physical appears to me to be created in such a way as to maximize causality. In other words, it creates non-random causality (cause and effect) in the consciousness field or in the field in which your consciousness resides in. If you agreed with this statement, you would see that your consciousness and that of the others includes a function of another process. This higher process is what allows for people and situations to come together. Its tendency is to maximize itself, which means that will try to create situations that are less random – creating the highest learning potential for those involved within it. But to do this it will bring the appropriate people together in the physical and in the astral. The event creates a result, cause and effect, the function of the energy, or the potential for consciousness (subtle body) evolution.

This means trial and error maybe be used initially in the process of maximizing itself (a human life), in the process of finding cohesion (magnetism). It also means that it can be easy or hard, and everything in between to realize the things we might need to learn, in which case opportunities will constantly be created for this purpose. But what does this have to do with the question in this post? Even though each person can experience reality from their point of view, you are still inside a container that holds more than your own consciousness or point of view. I will explain.

Imagine an empty two liter bottle as the consciousness field. Inside the bottle there are marbles that float inside without moving. Imagine the marbles are the consciousnesses (psyche) of different people. Now imagine the two liter bottle starts to shake (to maximize causality). When the marbles start to collide they start to become magnetized (cause and effect). This creates marbles that can find each other more easily because they are better magnetized (less random). The “astral wind” is the two liter bottle (consciousness field) as it shakes and the destination is the magnetism of the marbles defined by the function of the shake (readiness state) and the magnetism (psyche) of the marble. This means not only your psyche (subconscious) but the external interactions (marble collisions) that maximize self-evolution produce the “astral winds” construct. This means you can pull others and other may pull you towards self-evolution (in reference to objectively aware non-physical experience #1013 – “we are connected by electrons (of the atom)” - from May 3, 2013).

The more random our psyche the more “errors” we will experience in the form of distorted dream material and misunderstood physical life situations (In reference to objectively aware non-physical experience #1014 – Flashing visual error messages during vibrations - from May 3, 2013). This is OK because the more random our psyche (includes the subconscious) the more cause and effect, therefore the higher the potential to experience what we need to experience (psychological adjustment) if recognized. This potential creates our life experiences, even if we don’t agree with it. Like today when I failed to separate from the body during the onset of an out-of-body. I think this happened so that I include the information in this post, the same with magnetism and collision talk.

The more we become aware of what we need to learn the more synchronicity. You can see why. The “astral wind” construct will usually require a higher level of objectivity otherwise it won’t be noticed.

In the astral, adjusting the psyche or psychology is not “ability to control thoughts”, any more than an alcoholic can control his addiction using his “ability to control thoughts”. He will learn when he makes use of his thoughts, for this he will need to analyze the content of them, instead of temporarily going cold turkey or (focused awareness). It may work to increase objectivity, but only for a little bit. In this way trying to “silence the mind” doesn't function in the say way as putting a cork up our ears, in which case the issues that cause the noise are still there we’re just not hearing it for just a little bit. I would try to flush it out to increase my native awareness, it appears to me that it can help connects us to our genuine self.

My point here is that if we simply try to gain awareness without trying to gain insight into the issues that shut it down, we do very little really. We've all had long vivid lucid dreams that end up in non-lucidity. What are you expecting when you’re physical body dies?

All this applies to me as well. I am not immune to any of it. Thanks for the post!
Last edited by Jettins on Sat May 04, 2013 12:49 am, edited 9 times in total.
Jettins

Postby astralzombie » Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 pm

We’ve all had long vivid lucid dreams that end up in non-lucidity. What are you expecting when you’re physical body dies?

That was a very well thought out post.

I take a purely academic exception to this statement for the simple fact that we are currently splitting our awareness between two realities while we have physical bodies. There is much reason to speculate that once we are no longer connected to a physical existence, we will gain more lucidity and thought control. Again this would only be because we would only then be focusing on one reality. I think we all fool ourselves at times for thinking we are great multitaskers and this would probably pertain to a non physical existence as well but there is testimony that says otherwise. Though I, of course, have no personal experience. :)
astralzombie

Postby Jettins » Fri May 03, 2013 11:41 pm

astralzombie wrote: There is much reason to speculate that once we are no longer connected to a physical existence, we will gain more lucidity and thought control.

Interesting you mention this. I was thinking about this yesterday and decided to write about it a little bit, I can send it to you privately. I don't want to share this yet.
Jettins

Postby Jettins » Sat May 04, 2013 2:18 am

Lionheart wrote:This is proven rather evident in all of the reported NDEs. When this reality was turned off, the next reality was all there was for them and that is why they reported the clarity and lucidity they were experiencing.

It's not proven evident in sustained physical death, or when you don't return to the physical. I think we will do better looking at the NDE experience and the clarity of the life review thing as a"gift" we may be given, more than the permanent reality of it.

The reports of those who have out-of-body experiences suggest that being dead isn't such a novelty, otherwise many of them wouldn't be so eager to get a new physical body.

No need to agree, but you'ill find this information if you look for it.

I want to believe you are right, that high lucid awareness is granted in permanent death even if we are a bit pathological without knowing it, but it doesn't appear to be the case :(

On the positive side, we may create a beautiful reality in the astral side even if it appears a bit strange to those tho who exist in the physical perspective.
Jettins

Postby Jettins » Sat May 04, 2013 3:08 am

I suppose it comes down to how much weight we want to give to non-physical explorers who encounter diseased individuals and those who have NDE experiences.

I've had experiences that have taught me that heavenly places where people loved it there exist. However, I've also had experiences that taught me this isn't always the case for everyone. There has to be some psychological compatibility at least.

There is all of that, and also non-of that.

I think CTFtraveler put it best on one of her posts when she said, I'm paraphrasing: "if we think we have figured it all out, we are wrong"

but we can try :)
Jettins

Postby Szaxx » Sat May 04, 2013 6:02 am

The more you learn the less you realise you know. Its that massive you could live your entire life in the.NP and hardly scratch the surface.
Most start these experiences in the RTZ. After several trips you could then progress towards the astral (generalised labels accepted).
After that the mental attributes begin, no body at all, just conciousness. After that who knows for sure. It takes some serious thought being everything and all encompassing in this mental state.
It's impossible to explain it. You don't ever want to return though.
Szaxx

Postby astralzombie » Sat May 04, 2013 9:09 am

For me, it mostly comes down to the value that is to be gained from the experience. If it makes sense that we leave our physical bodies and we are still clueless and subjected to our own personal conjecture for another round, then that's how it goes. But I just don't see that having any value. Naturally, greater thought control can be used to create greater confusion and that could explain why there appear to be "earth trapped spirits" and such. A lot of it depends on how hard headed the individual is when they die, I suppose. If some individuals don't get what they expect, I imagine some will be overly happy, some sad, and some will be pretty damn pist and will close them selves off to possibilities even with greater lucidity.

It's not important to me to have all the answers "next". I think there is a great amount of subjective evidence that says we still have a lot of work to do in the non physical. I wouldn't mind 2-3 thousand years that go by like a day with no stress and some care free living but if that doesn't come, it doesn't come.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't think that we will have all the answers like some NDEs report. To me, that is a temporary "gift", like Jettins said. But then who gives us this "gift". A creator? That's a can of worms.

There is a great deal of objective evidence that says we haven't got a clue about how this all works but through the lenses, of the many tons, of subjective evidence, we can form theories that make a lot more sense than mainstream science IMO. And I think many people who study this are far less likely to exclude and reject data that doesn't fit, like mainstream is guilty of.

I am not a scientist but I do have the ability to think for myself and so I do. I don't just ignore other views either. I know I am guilty of being a little harsh on Christianity and I don't like that. I think Christianity is beautiful and like anything else, man corrupts the best of it. Yesterday, I read a great deal of Christian accounts of their NDE and read through some of their forums and what happens? I have a friggin experience dealing with demons and arch angel crap. I think I'll post it for the hell of it. :)
astralzombie

Postby Methiculous » Mon May 27, 2013 8:16 pm

I've never experienced this 'wind', but I know what you mean.
In fact, the way I describe it is:
When awake, seeing is believing. (seeing = ANY sense, not just sight)
But in a lucid dream, believing is seeing. (It's reversed!)

It get's reversed, and our slightest thoughts can manifest themselves. (Reminds me of the climax of Ghostbusters when the "Stay Puff Marshmellow man is manifested by Dan Akroyd's thoughts)

So you don't HAVE to control your thoughts, but of course be aware that they have a big impact. And an even bigger impact on the lucid dream world is your own emotion.

And although you may have lived a day in the physical world, think back to what you experienced. I bet you remember your thoughts and emotions more than anything else! Our memories are a dream too!
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Postby Xanth » Mon May 27, 2013 8:28 pm

I prefer to NOT experience the staypuff marshmellow man. ROFL :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Mon May 27, 2013 11:03 pm

When awake, seeing is believing. (seeing = ANY sense, not just sight)
But in a lucid dream, believing is seeing. (It's reversed!)

I knew this but never simplified it so well in my own mind.

Our memories are a dream too!

Exactly. Once the experience is over, it is just another memory and is subject to the flawed recall and recollection like any other memory.
astralzombie

Postby luciddreamer » Tue May 28, 2013 11:16 am

this is what i just found out once i stop thinking so mutch i fall asleep but im still awake when meditating, if i move my eyes slowly and not react to whats happening then i focus where i whant go just like the matrix free your mind let it all go neo.
luciddreamer

Postby Sinera » Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Lionheart wrote: This is proven rather evident in all of the reported NDEs.When this reality was turned off, the next reality was all there was for them and that is why they reported the clarity and lucidity they were experiencing.

And it gets even more fascinating when you read so many reports that attest to the fact that this kind of NDE-NPMR experience contained even MORE clarity and lucidity than physical life. Earth life in a physical body to them then almost seemed to be a remembered hazy (probably even boring) dream for them in this state - that's why some did not necessarily bother or want to come back (those who didn't bother/want to either were forced or 'convinced' then).
Sinera

Postby Xanth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Sinera wrote:And it gets even more fascinating when you read so many reports that attest to the fact that this kind of NDE-NPMR experience contained even MORE clarity and lucidity than physical life. Earth life in a physical body to them then almost seemed to be a remembered hazy (probably even boring) dream for them in this state - that's why some did not necessarily bother or want to come back (those who didn't bother/want to either were forced or 'convinced' then).

And that really does further support Tom Campbell's experiences in that when you die, your physical life here kind of becomes the dream which fades away ever so quickly.
He recants this in his book many times, and also mentions it quite a lot during his forum posts and lectures.

Kind of funny... with all the evidence I've heard, mixed with my own experiences, it kind of feels like this physical reality experience is a sort of "weekend away" for our consciousnesses. LOL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:38 am

Every time I come upon this thread I think it's about manifestation.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Xanth » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:01 pm

CFTraveler wrote:Every time I come upon this thread I think it's about manifestation.

In a way, it is.
We manifest just about everything in our physical AND non-physical lives. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions