What's your Meditation?

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Meditation, please post them here.

What's your Meditation?

Postby Xanth » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Simply put... how do you meditate?
What goal do you usually have in mind while you meditate?
How long do you usually meditate for? :)

For me...
Lately I've been trying to simply allow things to be as they are, this includes my meditation. I've stopped trying to fight my mind and have begun allowing whatever happens to simply happen. It's kind of hard to describe HOW one does that, but it's just a matter of accepting everything that occurs without any emotional attachment to the thoughts.

My goal? Lately it's been to just relax.

I usually meditate for anywhere between 30 minutes to a couple hours... or whenever my legs fall asleep. ROFL :)
Xanth
Site Admin

What's your Meditation?

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: What's your Meditation?

Postby Majic » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 am

Not sure if its meditation but I used to go to bed and spend a lot of time being hounded by thoughts and work stresses but now If I have anything that is bothering me I let it come, greet and examine it and then let it go. The same with mild pain and coffee that used to keep me awake I now use to relax into and then at times a trigger for a WILD.

This process calms my mind and starts the shift inwards to either calmness or HI and dreaming
Majic

Postby luciddreamer » Mon May 06, 2013 4:10 pm

i just watch my breathing for 30 minutes when i start to enjoy it i keep extending the time.
luciddreamer

Postby astralzombie » Mon May 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Lately, I've just been meditating with no goals other that to just relax. It' seems that I've been projecting from dreams so easily as of late, so I haven't had any intentions to phase.

Since I can't meditate in many of the traditional positions while sitting on the floor, I went ahead in splurged on a $300 comfy recliner. I lift my legs up but I do not lie back because of the outrageous comfy level of the recliner, I would probably just start snoozing if I did.

This has allowed me to meditate for about 45 minutes and not get tired. It's amazing. I have already been able to block out all thoughts for as long as 7-8 minuted without a single thought ruining it. Naturally, I hope to extend this time.

My goal right now is to be able and see if I can learn how to remote view.

As a matter of fact, I received some impressions about what you end luciddreamer have experimenting on so I'm gonna shoot you a PM to telly you what I've seen. I don't want to interfere with your experiment.
astralzombie

Postby CFTraveler » Mon May 06, 2013 8:54 pm

I usually have from 45 minutes to an hour to meditate, and if I'm not too tired, I'll do some counting breaths, random thinking for a bit, and then just watching my breath or listening to my earhiss. Most of the time I don't have a 'plan', just to get to that point where everything is even. I don't even 'see' stuff very often any more, but most of the time that's ok.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Justin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:47 pm

My primary goal with meditation is to be able to consciously project.

I still do some nighttime "sneak up" work through sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming, etc, but am really bent on being able to project at will - at any time. I have been mostly meditating during the day (sometimes at night also). I start out with a basic visualization of moving a ball of energy around my body to relax the muscles etc (about 5 minutes or so). Then I use a mantra (sometimes I add a very basic visual or an additional gong sound if my mind is overly busy). I focus on the mantra until I begin to get "hypnogogic blips" and catch myself drifting toward sleep. When signs of hypnogogia and sleep begin to show up, I continue with the mantra, but also begin to "flex my focus" - maybe something like focusing in on the crown chakra or 3rd eye. I also liken it to "brain strain." I try to let more and more sleep arrive while still keeping my awareness with my mantra and "flexed focus." I will then usually begin getting some of the typical symptoms of trance/vibrational states. I do my best to just lightly observe all of it - like a passenger observing the passing scenery outside of a train window. It has taken me two years of regular practice to get to this point - I'm a slow learner I guess :) Right now, I am sorting out the last steps of "letting go" and making a full conscious shift. It no doubt has something to do with buried fears and expectations. I have had two shifts so far via meditation. I don't consider them complete successes though because there was a brief lapse in awareness. I refuse to stop until I am able to remain fully aware during the entire process.

Anyway, that's my meditation. I normally set aside 1 - 1.5 hours for each session.

After reading Fred Aardema's book, I was happy to find that my meditation practice is very similar to the Vigil method. Reading it really gave me a good sense in terms of what to consider adjusting etc.
Justin

Postby Xanth » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Justin wrote:After reading Fred Aardema's book, I was happy to find that my meditation practice is very similar to the Vigil method. Reading it really gave me a good sense in terms of what to consider adjusting etc.

I'm interested in hearing your opinion of Fred's book.
I found it absolutely fascinating and I simply had a hard time putting it down!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:24 am

Xanth wrote:I'm interested in hearing your opinion of Fred's book.
I found it absolutely fascinating and I simply had a hard time putting it down!

I thought it was a great book as well. I related more to his book than most of the other OBE books that I have read. I was really happy to hear somebody talk about the "void" more than just in passing. The descriptions of the experiences and concepts seem to be a good fit with my own. Really just an all around awesome book on the topic. So, yes, I loved it too :)
Justin

Postby Sandalwood » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:37 pm

once youve gotten a goal in mind, youre nolonger meditating.
meditating is about letting go
Sandalwood

Postby phaser24 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:30 am

As an artist trapped in a city, for many years I created in my mind a very fancy boat complete with satin cushions and brass lamps; I floated down a river all the while looking at the passing shoreline. When I saw a particularly interesting scene, I stopped the boat, turned on my bedside lamp and quickly sketched the scene. Then returned to my boat and floated on.
phaser24

Postby BLOSSOM » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Mine is kind of silly for most people, but it works for me. The point of meditation for me is a "change of my ego/viewpoint" and to hold it.

When I begin -- I lay flat on my back for this with my arms stretched over my head. I am prone in the bed. I have a fan on blowing air over me. I usually have cover and I have very soft pillows under my head with neck support and possibly under my knees as well. I take every precaution to be extremely comfortable. I make sure I am not thirsty or have any need to go to the restroom.

I am an Oak Tree...... My feet/lower legs are my roots (so I am grounded), and I begin by laying still. I FEEL my roots deep in the ground. That is how my meditation begins -- with my roots being grounded very deep.

I move upward toward my bark, which is my body. My hair is leaves and my arms are my branches.

As I lay prone, I KNOW I am a green lush tree, but I don't view any landscape. I only concentrate on my bark, my branches and my leaves and stretching toward the sky. As I visualize, even though I am prone, I FEEL the sensation of being upright (my viewpoint changes). The change of viewpoint happens very fast.

At that point, when I feel myself upright, tall and strong, I hold it.....and hold it.....and hold it and then magic can happen.
------------
Blossom

~~“Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”....... Mark Twain
BLOSSOM

Postby Seer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Mine is the Clairvision method of meditation + Kriya yoga (the way Ennio Nimis teaches)
So great spiritual effects I have seen so far.
And these days I started doing Spring Forest Qigong, That's not meditation, but it is something similar and does a great job with health improvement.
Seer

Postby Xanth » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi Seer! Welcome to the forum!

Could you further explain that particular method (Clairvision)? :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Seer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:27 am

Xanth wrote:Hi Seer! Welcome to the forum!

Could you further explain that particular method (Clairvision)? :)

Thank you Xanth,
Yes for sure. It's all about reaching Focus 21(if we compare it to what monroe says) and then cultivating seeingnes to see the world from Self, but with traditional methods (rather than using modern methods of brainwave entrainment and etc).
It has 3 main practises which should be performed every day,
Main meditation which is mostly about feeding and cultivating the third eye organ with the vibration in lyrinx.
Channel release: about connecting the vibration in the third eye with specific meridians (energy pathways.)
Seeingness: cultivating seeingness and seeing from the Self. It is actually more about seeing the astral reality beneath the matterial world and understanding their essence. also when it comes to seeingness, it refers to all king of seeing, without limitation. like seeing the whole world as one and etc...
I'm not putting more information about the methods they use, because of possiblity of misunderstanding. for more information you might want to take a look at this book Awakening the third eye which was published by clairvision school for free a few years ago. Just google it. you will find it easily.
Best
Seer

Return to Meditation