What is worth my time reading?

Read a good book lately? Want to share it with everyone? Please post your reading suggestions here and perhaps give a review as well!

Postby Zagadka » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Lately, my time has became very precious. I am trying to figure out which books about projection would be really helpful in offering me informations to further progress into my own explorations. I just finished the Journeys, it was an awesome journey during which I even actually found myself hanging around with Robert Monroe in a vivid dream. Last night, a man told me to pass by, but I do not have the money and time to visit the Monroe Institue at this point... which books would you absolutly recommend? I like great projection adventures and stories, but what I am interested into is how to master the art of projection. I have heard good things of My Big Toe. I would really appreciate your suggestions!
Stand tall and shake the heavens
Zagadka

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: What is worth my time reading?

Postby Xanth » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:31 pm

I'd start with... MY eBook! hehe
Shameless self-promotion there. ;)

After that (or before, I won't be hurt ;)) I'd go with Fred's book, Explorations in Consciousness!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:23 pm

I'm not sure what aspect of metaphysics you're interested in, but I have enjoyed Kurt Leland's books. He's written various books with different ways of looking at extraphysical experiences, but my favorite of all of them is 'The Unanswered Question'. I recommend that one if you're nerdy like me, Otherwhere if you're interested in a general look at the theme, and the Multidimensional Human if you want a 'things to do in your development using projection' type of work.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby astralzombie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Xanth wrote:I'd start with... MY eBook! hehe
Shameless self-promotion there. ;)

After that (or before, I won't be hurt ;)) I'd go with Fred's book, Explorations in Consciousness!

She already has :) She promoted it on the Pulse. :D

Beedeekin recommended MYBTOE to me and it had changed me in ways that should be illegal. It's that damn good. It's actually a trilogy and he goes into great depth and lays out the best theory of who, what, when, why, and how, we exist that I believe has ever been presented.

Cambell is almost held as a god to some people and that's a bit much for my taste but you'll see why if you read it.

I have a free link to it if you're interested. I'm gonna go with Xanth's suggestion and read Explorations in Consciousness next.
astralzombie

Postby Zagadka » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Xanth, I have already read your e-book twice! I wanted to fully imerge myself in the ideas behind phasing, so I read the blog and the .pdf versions! They are a little different and complementary. It took me three days to phase... but I'm having some trouble to reproduce the experience now, but I am full of patience and ideas for further investigation. I am noting down your suggestions... I think I will start with My Big Toe. Yeah, I was a little scared away when I read how Campbell and his work is worshipped. It may not be that the man claims to be a guru, but wherever you dwell in, they are always those psycho-fanatics. astralzombie, I would appreciate your link and I will get the books because I like the Internet but I also like holding something solid in my hands!

Any other suggestions? I'm going to select a few and order them off Amazon... I know my questions has been answered a milion times on other astral message boards, but since this forum is fresh and new, I am taking that to my advantage to ask my questions. It can't hurt to get this place lively...
Zagadka

Postby Xanth » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:03 pm

All I can suggest is to "ask away!" :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:14 pm

I know what you mean. There's nothing like the real thing. I use kindles now for most of my reading. I never would have bought one but I got my first one as a gift and now there's no turning back for me. If I really enjoy the book though, I'll still buy a copy for my personal library.

Here's the link:

http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=RYHt ... &q&f=false

You can at least check it out and get a feel for it. It might seem like a slow read but if you're as serious about changing your life and your main focus as I am, you'll blaze through it. Campbell warns you every step of the way to read each section and not to get ahead of yourself and skip sections. Follow his advice and you'll get a ton of gold out of it. Like I said, he does present a very convincing theory but he also constantly advises you to do your own research and see what fits with your own experiences. I think that's fair enough.
astralzombie

Postby Zagadka » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks for the link! I will check this out! I know what you mean by reading by sections... I read slowly by chapter or section. I tend to let the ideas flow in my life and reflect in my dreams. I was reading "The power of Now" by Eckart Tolle, which is a small 250 pages book... 2-6 pages a day... and it thought me much much more this way since it filled my mind every day. Filling the mind with too much food is like overeating... I think it is one reason I stopped watching television, my mind was probably constantly in indigestion. And when you don't pay attention to what you fill your mind with... you tend to become nauseated about life.
Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Well I started reading My big TOE and I really love it this far! As of yet, I find nothing strange in the ways he presents his theory of everything. I can't say I have the experiences to validate most of it, but a lot of what he says have been actually part of my own beliefs / truths. He is leading me to think even more clearly and apply more science and skepticism to my own explorations. It feel really good to find out that some intelligent physician (and people) share similar ideas about reality and consciouness! I need to continue reading now, thanks for the suggestion again! Who knows, maybe it is us that will find the next most accurate Big TOE? What an awesome adventure Life is... let's keep going! :D
Zagadka

Postby Bedeekin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:01 pm

My Big Toe... Most definitely.

If Power of Now was 'The Idiots Guide to Reality and Super-galactic Oneness'... MBT is the hardcore technical field manual. :lol:
Bedeekin

Postby Jettins » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Kurt Lelands "The Unanswered Question" was my favorite until I read "Otherwhere". But I think you should read all of them on the subject slowly. After a while you'll get into the writers head.

I would recommend "Projections of the Consciousness" by Waldo Vieira. I am in the process of reading this book, it's very interesting if you don't mind that he uses new words to convey similar meanings.
Jettins

Postby Zagadka » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Bedeekin wrote:My Big Toe... Most definitely.

If Power of Now was 'The Idiots Guide to Reality and Super-galactic Oneness'... MBT is the hardcore technical field manual. :lol:

The idiot guide to reality and super-galactic oneness... :mrgreen: you are not fair Bedeekin, the Power of Now is perfect for almost everyone, it's a good starting point, but I know you were just being humurous :D My only problem with MBT is that it wasn't translated to French yet, I need extra concentration to follow up something techniqual in English. I'm glad he is using mostly simple words! It will help me to reach lower entropy :mrgreen:

Jettins wrote:Kurt Lelands "The Unanswered Question" was my favorite until I read "Otherwhere". But I think you should read all of them on the subject slowly. After a while you'll get into the writers head.

I would recommend "Projections of the Consciousness" by Waldo Vieira. I am in the process of reading this book, it's very interesting if you don't mind that he uses new words to convey similar meanings.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will put them on my list of to read. If you have never heard of it, there's this website http://www.goodreads (you can use Facebook to login) where you can search books and add them to your read, currently reading, to-read section. I find it useful to list out the books I want to read and pass by to consult it.
Zagadka

Postby Jettins » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Very nice, thanks!
Jettins

Postby Sinera » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:51 pm

I recommend William Buhlman's books. They helped me an awful lot with my first projections. Especially "Adventures Out Of The Body"
Sinera

Postby Bedeekin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 am

Zagadka wrote:
Bedeekin wrote:My Big Toe... Most definitely.

The idiot guide to reality and super-galactic oneness... :mrgreen: you are not fair Bedeekin, the Power of Now is perfect for almost everyone, it's a good starting point, but I know you were just being humurous :D My only problem with MBT is that it wasn't translated to French yet, I need extra concentration to follow up something techniqual in English. I'm glad he is using mostly simple words! It will help me to reach lower entropy :mrgreen:

haha... Absolutely... I did say 'if' it was.

In comparison MBT breaks down the reasons why Power of Now works and describes and explains the nonphysical.
Bedeekin

Return to Book Suggestions & Reviews