What IS a Dream?

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

What IS a Dream?

Postby Xanth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Simple question! :)

What is a dream?
Xanth
Site Admin

What IS a Dream?

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: What IS a Dream?

Postby Methiculous » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 pm

It is a VERY simple question!

so hard to answer.

How do you describe the color, red or blue and use words so well a blind person could visualize it? :shock:
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Postby Xanth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Red is... well... RED!! DUH! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Methiculous » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:13 pm

So dreams are.... DREAMS! DUH!

(Jokes aside, this is a good topic, but I challenge anyone to be able to answer it.)

The next question is: WHY is it so hard to answer? :ugeek:
Methiculous

Postby Xanth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Michael Scannell wrote:So dreams are.... DREAMS! DUH!

(Jokes aside, this is a good topic, but I challenge anyone to be able to answer it.)

The next question is: WHY is it so hard to answer? :ugeek:

I think it's because science hasn't begun asking the correct questions.
Actually, they don't even recognize there are other questions. lol
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby LightBeam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:48 pm

Dreams are projections directly within each person's subconsciousness, beliefs, fears, desires, etc. They are temporary scenarios created by the mind, without the person's full awareness and analytical capabilities.
LightBeam

Postby Majic » Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 am

What is a dream, I can only say that as I think of it and it is everything that happens when my awareness is not in walking mode. BUT when that feeling of the inner eye looking out at the same time, well is the dreamer waking up? I can't answer this one at all
Majic

Postby Szaxx » Wed May 01, 2013 6:56 am

They could be an interlacing of your conciousness to the universal oneness. The thing you left behind to have another physical experience, that we know as life. It's an echo of things left behind and a reminder that thoughts can manifest in ways so you learn what may have been misinterpreted in daily life. A play of your reactions where you afterwards think of another way would have been superior.
Ive noticed some spur if the moment decisions while physical playing themselves out in dreams and they have rescripted themselves until the result that should have occured actually does. Then you have to address the problem to correct a brash decision (humble pie time).

Others are reflections of your past. Less often they are an image of things to come...
Szaxx

Postby CFTraveler » Wed May 01, 2013 10:04 am

A dream is a representation of something, somewhere.
:D
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby luciddreamer » Wed May 01, 2013 10:28 am

its a non phisycal version of your realty.
luciddreamer

Postby Sinera » Wed May 01, 2013 1:45 pm

It's the same as an Astral Projection, just with your subbie at the steering wheel, maybe (as K. Leland puts it) in a certain Dream Zone within the Astral. It is NOT (always) private as you can have visitors or other overlaps with visitor's dream experiences. Shared dreams and dream telepathy prove this.
Sinera

Postby Methiculous » Wed May 01, 2013 5:33 pm

To help define a 'dream' ask yourself what the OPPOSITE of a dream is.
Waking consciousness?

If you truly think about it, there is so much overlap and they are not opposites at all.

I am constantly dreaming while awake and sometimes it takes over and I 'daydream'. Close your eyes at any time and you will realize your mind is constantly drifting in a dream state whether it is vivid or not. At night, without other things to think about, it takes over, but it was always there......
Methiculous

Postby Xanth » Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Michael Scannell wrote:To help define a 'dream' ask yourself what the OPPOSITE of a dream is.
Waking consciousness?

If you truly think about it, there is so much overlap and they are not opposites at all.

I am constantly dreaming while awake and sometimes it takes over and I 'daydream'. Close your eyes at any time and you will realize your mind is constantly drifting in a dream state whether it is vivid or not. At night, without other things to think about, it takes over, but it was always there......

Yeah that's a good point.

I've heard of a "dream" and this waking reality being compared to two sides of a coin.

Well, for me... they're kind of looking at the coin as a whole, but from two different perspectives.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Thu May 02, 2013 2:52 am

Dreams are the home that our consciousness can return to when it is not needed in the moment to keep us from harming ourselves. :D
astralzombie

Postby Xanth » Thu May 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Does anyone else here have the inkling that this physical reality is nothing more than a stable dream world?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Methiculous » Thu May 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Xanth wrote:Does anyone else here have the inkling that this physical reality is nothing more than a stable dream world?

I was thinking about that earlier today when I read this post again.

I have a thought experiment:
(Although there are ethical issues, it is only an idea and didn't actually happen.)

What if you took a human baby, right after birth and put it in a sensory deprivation chamber. (In fact why don't I put myself in place of said baby, so there is no negative imagery.) So I am put into a sensory deprivation chamber, after a water birth so I don't even sense cold. I float in a liquid environment that is body temperature, and I can breath it, and it nourishes me. I can't see, I can't hear, smell, taste, (and let's say I can't feel anything either.) And my brain is connected to advanced sensors that can relay my thoughts for scientits on the outside to understand and study and perhaps even 'see'.
The question is: What would the scientist see? What would I think about as I lived out my full life? Would I dream? Would I be self aware?

With no external stimuli I may create my own reality, so real, it becomes for all intense and purposes.... real. How would I know when I am awake or asleep. Would I dream of being a human?

Perhaps that has already happened and I am some alien who is dreaming all this am not aware of my true self....... (and none of you exist!) (Sounds like the Matrix actually and reminds me of the simulation theory)

But back to this 'dream topic': If this happened to me, what would I dream of without anything from waking life to draw upon? Would I create my own vivid dream reality?
Methiculous

Postby Szaxx » Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 am

You'd likely dream around the world you've created for yourself based upon that percieved.
Could you exit the body, if so how would this be interpreted?
Interesting conceptualisation.
Szaxx

Postby Majic » Fri May 03, 2013 1:54 am

Nice thoughts, out of my depth with terms here so be tolerant but expect that your world would be at the state of OBE or level something according to Monroe. If this is your reality then I you could possible exit to the physical but not interact with it in the way that someone in that place could and I expect you could carry on to higher levels as well. What would be interesting is how you would perceive these worlds or places as you as one have no concept of anything of communication, anything you hear might be garbled words and baby talk... I expect that you would also have no concept of time, it just would not apply so you would live forever in one instant and be unaware of this

Friday night at home, I should drink a bottle of wine and lets the thoughts get deeper as this is a very good topic and lubing the creative mind might be great
Majic

Postby Xanth » Fri May 03, 2013 10:52 am

Consider for a second how our current non-physical experiences work... or at least, MY interpretation of them.
What you experience is a subjective interpretation of an objective experience. You can only experience something nonphysical objectively if you've experienced it before. Otherwise, it takes from the subset of the entirety of your previous experience to "fill in the blanks", sort-to-speak.

So, if you were a consciousness with ZERO actual experience here to draw from... you wouldn't have the concept of "seeing"... or any other senses for that matter.
You'd be a consciousness in a void. Not much learning or growth could really go on there.

You'd have nothing to base the creation of an external reality upon. Absolutely nothing to draw from to create it.

That's my take at least. lol
Xanth
Site Admin

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions