What Are The Biggest Projection Misconceptions?

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Re: What Are The Biggest Projection Misconceptions?

Postby Tobi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:45 pm

I have never ever seen my silver cord -ever. And I actually looked for one because I thought "uh-oh, does this mean I'm permanent Astral now?? haha" But still nothing. Even at the time I guessed it might be metaphorical...? But don't know. Some people seem to experience the presence of one.
Tobi

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby Bedeekin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:31 am

'some' people. ;)

So there are either those that visualise the the idea of one better than most or only some people have them. Which one is it more likely to be?
Bedeekin

Postby Jettins » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Magic wrote:yet in a lot of dreams or what I call beyond the dream I have no need of a body at all and go without one plenty of times so again its all part of moving on in the dreamspace.

I would like to read more about those experiences where you did not sense the presence of an astral or dream body. If you already wrote about them, if you can send me the link it would be appreciated.

Regarding the silver cord I found something attached to my upper back when I looked for it. There was no cord that I could visually see, or it was invisible. I think two other times I looked and it wasn't there or it wasn't visible.

Thanks.
Jettins

Postby Majic » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:02 pm

HI - I am away from home for few days and when I get back will dig up a few of the more interesting dreams and post them. I use the simple word "dreams, or dreamspace" to describe everything from basi lucids to mind blowing experiences that I am not sure how to describe and dont want put in boxes.
In saying the the bodyless dreams that start in the void or what I call the space between dreams are an oddity, no sense of self but some sense, feeling of just being. The closest I can get it that I am using something simlar to senses but not the normal ones as there is no body to collect then. Pure energy or awareness maybe, I am sure a lot of people get there but not sure how many stay, at first its an odd feeling like an extended moment when doing WILD and you are on the verge of losing sensory awareness and you have the experience of no sensory imput or the instant of loss and its a very odd sensation and then you are in the dreamspace. Trying to hold this at first is hard as its so new and you have no idea of what is about to happen and so panic back to a lucid state.
Majic

Postby Majic » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:58 pm

So there are either those that visualise the the idea of one better than most or only some people have them. Which one is it more likely to be?

LOL - both and isnt that along with intent one of the key elements to a stable dreamspace. Truly I am not sure as matter is as stable as you want it to be, I can stand on solid rock and in the next instant be merging with it and drifting through looking at the crystals that make it up and at other times just not able to break matter but this could be more of a barrier represented by something solid and I may not be aware of the belief that gives it form.
Majic

Postby Bedeekin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:21 am

So I have a 'silver cord' it's just I can't see it?

I would have thought I could if I wanted to. My whole career is spent visualising and realising things in 3D space. :)
Bedeekin

Postby Majic » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:42 am

I would have thought I could if I wanted to. My whole career is spent visualising and realising things in 3D space

lol- I have no idea at all

I would love to be able to create some of the scenes and places that I have explored in my dreams so think it must be nice to do what you are doing
Majic

Postby Xanth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 pm

I've always considered the silver cord as a metaphor to how an old world diver considered his hose to the surface. I came to this conclusion long before I ever read or heard about Tom Campbell as well.
I read it from Tom, and I was simply amazed by it.

I've also always considered the non-physical to be very strongly "belief-based"... what you think/believe/experience, consciously or subconsciously, is what you're going to experience. For a while I thought the non-physical was entirely like this. I'm not so sure anymore... I'm starting to lean towards there being objective experiences, which are simply experiences subjectively, if that makes any sense. LoL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm going to throw a word at you and then walk away, because I don't want to get into a nit-picky argument with anyone: "intrasomatic model".
I'm just sayin'.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Majic » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:47 pm

intrasomatic model

had to google that one and if i got it right as in internal experience that is what I tend to think. Throwing a spanner in the works I still think that the data or info stream to create the experience can come from outside in the same way that absorb this post from the outside in but awareness starts in the first intstance on the outside.
Majic

Postby CFTraveler » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 am

Ok, there are various ways to apply the term, but I'm talking about the model that Anthony Peake uses to refer to his view of the OBE and all of perception. And yes, your description is correct- but now I'd like for you to apply the term to what most of you have been talking about, especially to "this doesn't exist" and "it's like this....".
And now I'm retiring from this thread once again.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Sinera » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:21 pm

CFT, would you mind giving a short abstract (few words or sentences) of what this 'intrasomatic' model implies? Thanks.
Sinera

Postby CFTraveler » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:04 pm

The concept that all reallity or perception of such is created by the mind. This includes physical perception, as well as OBE, LD or any other type of perception. It doesn't mean that reality doesn't exist, or is an illusion, or any of the other stuff that is commonly said- but that all experience is created by the mind, period, and equally vallid. Of course, the type of experience has it's own internal value (that is, the coming car is important in the physical because I don't want to be squashed), while something in the astral will have a more emotional impact and something on the spiritual level with have a spiritual impact- but all forms of existence are equally valid and real.
I know this will rub some of you the wrong way, but whatcha gonna do.
CFTraveler

Postby Szaxx » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Well, if you dont mind, its in the mind. Mind you, it could be a mindless act of minding the minds context inappropriately. My minds mine and thats all Im going to say....
If you dont mind that is.
Szaxx

Postby Majic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 am

Easy as to understand so can two people have the same experience from the same imput and can they have a shared experiece or is that not possible in time as we understand it
Majic

Postby CFTraveler » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:31 am

You can share a perception, but I don't think that is the same as sharing an experience.
CFTraveler

Postby luciddreamer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:15 pm

lying still for an hour for sp to astral project.when you can do it in a dream :)
luciddreamer

Previous

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions