Very Little That's Physical...

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Spirituality or Spiritual Growth, please post them here.

Re: Very Little That's Physical...

Postby astralzombie » Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Majic wrote:LOL - you got it. I know it is not green as there is no light to bring out this property unless I put some on the leaf and then it will not be in the dark.

I use it for a fun exercise just to loosely focus or just notice what my mind wants to tell me. In reality the strongest image that always seems to flow in is one of small crystals between opaque and sort of white but really I can't see in the dark and dont really need an answer

I understood that it was just a thinking exercise and my question was rhetorical as well. Given what you had said about the leaves, I thought you would appreciate the anecdote since you came up with a "thinking exercise" on your own that was for all intents and purposes, the same idea a Pulitzer nominee used to teach his students with. It's one of those things that I never seem to connect for myself so I'm always interested in how people do. :geek:
astralzombie

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby Majic » Tue May 21, 2013 9:51 pm

I understood that it was just a thinking exercise and my question was rhetorical as well

Thanks and thought so, I guess I was letting the dreamer and the linear side both have a say :)
Majic

Postby Szaxx » Wed May 22, 2013 1:03 am

I wonder if the A mark woukd have been given if one of the students was good at psychometry.
Lol
Szaxx

Postby mini stapler » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:01 am

been a while since I've read through the forum, enjoyed this thread, lots of thoughts/ideas crashing around like hyper active bunnies with ADHD . =]

Might aswell chuck mine into the mix; just going to go off what I can remember people have said, but without comments directed at anyone in specific; I can remember some of the whats, but not all the who's!

I too think the statement that there is no purpose in the way we usually think about it is true, I believe existence is purpose and any purpose on top of that is erm personal story telling about what's and why's, not that I think there is anything wrong with that either. Though I think we lack that particular kind of intrinsic purpose for different reasons to jack, as he doesn't go with the 'one encompassing consciousness' idea, where as I do and thus why I think we lack purpose. being that one consciousness that manifests in many individualistic ways, like the folds and crumples of a slept on bed sheet, all unique, all with their own individual charactistics, yet still all one bed sheet (not as pretty a picture as the ocean/waves anology is it? lol). It seems to me from that POV any purpose like the need to grow or learn is in opposition to complete 'oneness' as it all is one manifesting in anyway it happens to, and it doesn't really matter, as the existence is working in eternety.

That's something I've always found funny about purpose. If life is finite, if I'm just me and when I die that's it for me, lights out; than any intrinsic purpose just doesn't exist because the outcome has no value for me, that sounds selfish, okay expand my life impact onto other finite human beings, no, same problem, their finite existence has the same impact, it doesn't matter what happens, learn or don't, grow or don't, doesn't matter.

Now the other side of the coin, the eternal side! The side I feel to be true. rather than finite, we are an eternal formless thing that manifests in individualistic ways, not bound by time, space or form. Purpose in eternity... ? Well we have forever to do... everything? again it doesn't matter if I grow or not, learn or not, eternety to just be in shapes and forms that can't even be imagined. SO yeah, purpose never really makes sense to me in the usual way of thinking about it.

I think consciousness is the whole picture and something that exists outside of the body, as it appears to me in my direct experience that this body I call mini stapler exists within consciousness,, I think everything exists in consciousness, is a manifestation of consciousness. It's like the lonely tree in the woods falling with no one to here it story, that xanth mentioned... Does it make a sound... well no. sound is the falling tree hitting the ground picked up by a hearing sense organ, all happening within consciousness, they all go together... sound and hearing go together, they are one and the same, not two seperate things. IMO. extraperlating from that reasoning, consciousness is an intergral part of everything, it goes with everything.

But like xanth said, it's just opinion based on what we think we know about stuff. And of little consequence really IMO. Though I would say some opinions obviously have more value than others like Beedekin pointed out. I try to qualify my own opinions, usually with my own inner reasoning, though that's probably not helpful at all for anyone else other than me, so I know you will all take it all with a pinch of southern sea salt. lol

saxx... your THIRTEEN dimentions quip didn't go unnoticed. being a fib number an all. I can't remember exactly what you said before it, but I remember a sense of irony i got from it lol.

And no, I'm not hi either jack... that was just a brain dump to make up for all the pointless comments I failed to leave over the past few months, that's all. My opinions will probably be all the opposite of what I've just said this time next week! lol Apoligies for my spelling, spell check usually saves me revealing my poor spelling!! :lol: take it easy people. :)
Absolute looney tune.
mini stapler

Postby astralzombie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm

I was mad about something but after reading mini's post, I forgot what I was upset about. So, I guess I needed that. :)
astralzombie

Postby Szaxx » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:09 pm

For a minuit I thought mini was making a point about pointlesss posts pointed at a pointlesss point of opinion. That would then be pointing in the right direction of pointing out pointless posts of pointless points of opinion.

Whats the point?
And now for something completely different.
How many times did you have to read the above before it made any sense?
It's all about our view on a physical statement and even though its a subjective thought process doing the working out, each time you read it your immediate answer will change. The only way to reach the same answer every time is to fully understand that said.
An opinion can change as it relates to the above. Only when everyone fully understands that said, will the opinions shared be very much the same.
Szaxx

Postby Majic » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 pm

and your point was? of did I miss the point :D
Majic

Postby mini stapler » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:57 pm

astralzombie wrote:I was mad about something but after reading mini's post, I forgot what I was upset about. So, I guess I needed that. :)

:lol: Awesome, glad that backwards rambling helped!
Absolute looney tune.
mini stapler

Previous

Return to Spirituality