Tired in the non-physical?

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby Xanth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:16 pm

I have a question I'd like to ask...

While projecting... dream, lucid, astral, whatever... do you EVER remember a time when you were projecting when you felt "tired" or "exhausted" WHILE you were projecting?

I've never experienced a time when I felt like that while projecting, so I figured that being "tired" or "exhausted" was simply a physical-reality thing. I read somewhere (I think it was on the Pulse) where someone mentioned being tired in their dream. I just wanted to see if others have ever experienced this too?
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Tired in the non-physical?

Postby Methiculous » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Yes, I have.

Sometimes I become lucid in a dream (or it starts from my bed were I was trying to sleep) and have an uncontrollable urge to lay down and rest. It's not too common, and most of the time this is not the case, but it has happened several times before.

I just can't keep going and feel a need to collapse and it is like being EXTREMELY tired in real life. So when this has happened I just succumb to it and fall to the ground. Then I would sink into the floor or ground (depending if I was inside or outside) and I would go through a dream-scene-transition and find myself somewhere else and in more control and more 'awake'. (Weird that I, and others can relate, that I sometimes feel more awake and alert in a lucid dream than when I am truly awake in real life.)

But it does happen, and I think it has something to do with a mixed message my body is telling me. My mind feels awake enough to be lucid, but my body is still sending the message: "It's time to sleep!" Especially if the dream started from a false awakening from the very bed I was trying so desperately to go to sleep in!

So anyway, yes it has happened to me before and probably will again, but it is not common for me.
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Postby LightBeam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 pm

I have never been tired while APing. I always feel light as a feather, very clear mind. In dreams though sometimes I try to run and I cant. At that time I feel like my body weighs a ton and I am moving in extremely slow motion, very frustrating. In dreams sometimes I feel emotional pain and I cry, if my mind creates a situation out of a subconscious fear. So to me my dreams are so different from my APs, like night and day.
LightBeam

Postby Majic » Wed May 01, 2013 1:03 am

No not tired, feel plenty of pain at times. I get hungry and eat cakes like there is no tomorrow - its awesome and you should try it. I had one night when they were being brought in by wheelbarrow they were so big and i just kept eating.
Majic

Postby Sinera » Wed May 01, 2013 6:33 am

I feel tiredness when phasing / projecting more than the accompanying sleep paralysis. It reall feels odd. As if your physical body wants to say to you 'come on buddy, it's so cozy, here, fall asleep with me into a dream, that's much better, don't get out now'. It really seems to want to drag you along. :)
Sinera

Postby CFTraveler » Wed May 01, 2013 10:02 am

I have never 'felt' tired, but I have felt sleepy, so sleepy that I could not sustain the attention on the environment and would actually go to sleep in the dream. When this happens (and when it happened it happened in clusters) I would lay down in the dream (which I suspect is a physical overlay with my body, since often my bed or recliner comes into the dreamspace) and lose the visual- sometimes I would 'feel' the scenario around me happening, and at some point I can find the vision be restored and I can get up again. Not sure if it's a brain thing, or a consciousness thing- I don't think it's #2 because I'll retain the awareness in the experience, but not the ability to maintain visual contact.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions