Time in The astral compared to that of Dream consciousness ?

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby ob1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:15 am

Hi,

i wanted to know if there is a difference between the time perceived while OBE'ing and that of dreams ? For example if a 30 minutes of realtime zone feels like 2 hours or more worth of dreams is it about the same.

Also i wanted to know, from your experiences, how long does an OBE last if youre good at maintaining it ?

Thanks!

Ob1
ob1

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Time in The astral compared to that of Dream consciousne

Postby wstein » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:12 pm

ob1 wrote: i wanted to know if there is a difference between the time perceived while OBE'ing and that of dreams ? For example if a 30 minutes of realtime zone feels like 2 hours or more worth of dreams is it about the same.
Both dreams and OBE have independent time frames (rates of time passing). As such, say an hour of physical time can be experienced as a minute or a month in the other place. Typically the rates are within a factor of four yielding a typical range of one physical hour equaling 15 minutes to 4 hours in the other place.

One note regarding OBE is that the time frames for a given location tend to be consistent. So if you go to a particular place and time passes at half rate compared to physical time, it likely will do the same if you return there.

Note that the time it takes to travel varies a lot and is not consistent. One can gain or lose time. Most commonly one loses ~20 minutes of physical time for each plane you cross.
ob1 wrote: Also i wanted to know, from your experiences, how long does an OBE last if youre good at maintaining it ?
The constraint on OBE time is mostly constrained on how much energy your physical body has (when it runs low you tend to get recalled). Most experienced OBErs I know can reliably sustain an hour of physical time in a session. (Much) Longer sessions are certainly possible on occasion. As per the difference in time passing that may be minutes or hours at the OBE location.
sin nada
wstein

Postby ob1 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:42 am

Thanks alot Wstein.This answer my questions perfectly :D
ob1

Postby Phantom » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:34 am

Time is entirely a subjective experience. Even more so in astral. It is irregular and depends on your focus.
Phantom

Postby ob1 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Phantom wrote:Time is entirely a subjective experience. Even more so in astral. It is irregular and depends on your focus.

Yes i guess this makes more sense.especially after reading a few accounts of LD's and OBES that lasted months or a lifetime ! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/months_long_experience_at_quotthe_schoolquot_postphysical_rest_area-t43572.0.html
ob1

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions