The Matrix

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Spirituality or Spiritual Growth, please post them here.

The Matrix

Postby Taoistguy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:16 pm

I used to get annoyed when pseudo-mystics talked about reality similar to the Matrfix.
But after reading an explanation on another forum recently, it hit me that they are just talking about the Astral zones. The post was talking about how the core essence of what happens in the physical is created from some event horizon like the progr\amming of a holographic projector that is projected and hence our 'reality'. I could see that the people who hold to the Matrix understanding are just talking about the Astral and physical zones in new words they can relate to.
However, my feeling is that if they get stuck on this technology mode they miss the point.
Taoistguy

The Matrix

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: The Matrix

Postby Xanth » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:23 pm

It's entirely the technology thing they get stuck on...
Technology is an easy analogy to make in regards to consciousness, but it's lacking the "oneness" of consciousness.

The Matrix is a fine movie and did a lot to open the minds of the average Joe... but it's also kind of like Inception, it too opened the minds of people to the concept of lucid dreaming.

I guess what I'm saying is that as long as a person begins their search... it doesn't matter where or how they begin, only that they do. Their search will invariably drive them towards a truth... hopefully that truth is experience-based though.

Realizing that all is consciousness is a first step... but after that, you need to apply that realization to everything else you experience and know. From that, you begin to gain other realizations... most notably that the Matrix concept falls to shit at the first realization. LoL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Taoistguy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Hopefully they will eventually get bored of living in a science fiction novel and begin to see the holes in their 'theory'. And start to question just what is this hologram emmitter anyway?
Taoistguy

Postby CFTraveler » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:20 pm

I think the whole idea of an emitter is anthropic. The sun doesn't need a switch, the hologram doesn't need an emitter. Only our constructs do.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby MeditationMann » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:57 pm

We studied the Matrix trilogy in my philosophy class Mysteries of the self and soul and I used to think the matrix was an analogy. But after much thought and research I have realized that it is more than a metaphor, it is almost a direct interpretation of the reality that we live in today. To break free from the matrix is to break free from the mental chains of society and release our self from the illusion that this world creates. When we focus solely on material things and material aspects of life like money and fame we lose sight of what is most important and get too lost into the material world.

When you understand that this world is an illusion and you realize you are part of something that is much bigger than yourself then you have been freed from the matrix. But you are correct in saying that they are referring to the astral world because this reality is just a dream. It is a dream from a part our higher self that our consciousness 'lives' in as if it is real. When we break free from the matrix we take back control of our lives and see the world for what it is. I use the analogy that red pill is a psychedelic because psychedelics dissolve boundaries and show you the true world that we live in, once you take it and understand it you can't go back.
May peace and love be with you <3
Namaste :)

Cody Mann
MeditationMann

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:46 am

MeditationMann wrote:We studied the Matrix trilogy in my philosophy class Mysteries of the self and soul and I used to think the matrix was an analogy. But after much thought and research I have realized that it is more than a metaphor, it is almost a direct interpretation of the reality that we live in today. To break free from the matrix is to break free from the mental chains of society and release our self from the illusion that this world creates. When we focus solely on material things and material aspects of life like money and fame we lose sight of what is most important and get too lost into the material world.

When you understand that this world is an illusion and you realize you are part of something that is much bigger than yourself then you have been freed from the matrix. But you are correct in saying that they are referring to the astral world because this reality is just a dream. It is a dream from a part our higher self that our consciousness 'lives' in as if it is real. When we break free from the matrix we take back control of our lives and see the world for what it is. I use the analogy that red pill is a psychedelic because psychedelics dissolve boundaries and show you the true world that we live in, once you take it and understand it you can't go back.

I think that's part of the reason why the movie was so successful... it played on that concept really well. It's something that most people aren't consciously aware of, yet subconsciously we're all very aware of it.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby MeditationMann » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:39 am

Xanth wrote: I think that's part of the reason why the movie was so successful... it played on that concept really well. It's something that most people aren't consciously aware of, yet subconsciously we're all very aware of it.

That is true, I have often wondered if many things in the mainstream was created to purposely symbolize a much deeper message or if they created it without intending to do that, but yet the subconscious brought it to life anyway. For example, if you have ever seen Dragon Ball Z then you see that these beings can ascend to higher power levels and become stronger. i have often wondered if this was a metaphor for spiritual transcendence. In that show there are essentially no boundaries and they can control the energy just as we can (to an extent) in our reality. They use the energy to heal, and create fireballs from the palm of their hands. I have seen a video of a monk light a piece of paper on fire using only his hands, as well as send volts of electricity through his hands which could be detected on a machine. So in that case we can do the same thing that the characters on Dragon Ball Z can do, but it's much harder for us because of the denseness of this physical realm. But nonetheless it still serves as a good metaphor in my opinion.
May peace and love be with you <3
Namaste :)

Cody Mann
MeditationMann

Return to Spirituality