The Darkness.

If you would like to keep a journal, simply start a new thread and keep it updated! Handy for dream journals or any other kind of non-physical journal you wish to keep and share.

The Darkness.

Postby Szaxx » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:24 pm

The Darkness.
Not recommend for beginners.

This experience occured October to November 2012.
The night in question started as normal. I didn't need sleep much so I decided to phase into the void.
As I remember, nothing suggesting a particular event was on my mind, just reaching the tranquility and basking there as long as possible.
Relaxed and phasing away, I made it to the start of visualisations with noises everywhere. At this point I was snatched right into a scene.
I found myself entering a dual purpose dining hall/PE room.
It was quite large compared to my old school. Measuring 30 feet wide by 80 or so long and 20 high. The polished wooden floor looked in good order as did the fixtures around the perimeter.
I sat at a table after gaining full awareness.
I was carrying my lunchbox so thought this a justified action.
It had the clarity of a retrieval and absolutely no information was known, so I tried to simply fit into this setting.
Around 18 tables set out, the far side where food was served and I, at the opposite side of the room sat on the outmost table facing the large twin doors. Through these, a corridor of some 50 feet could be seen until it turned to my right. I knew many rooms spurred off this corridor and it made a large rectangle falling back into this hall at the serving side.
Eating a sandwich, I noticed some bemused faces looking in my direction. I swallowed then nodded at them.
4 came over to me and asked " Are you the new teacher ?"
I had no idea, so said " Thats an astute observation and it deserves an answer".
I looked at myself in the glass on the doors to see what form I was occupying. At that moment 3 more joined the party. I waved my hand suggesting they be seated. The table easily accommodated them. Unsure how to answer a young girl said " He doesn't know. He must be the one thats been sent. I told you he'd come". The group mumbled to eachother for a few seconds while I took the opportunity to eat some more.
My form, obviously male, was attired typically as a teacher, suit and all, aged around the late 30's.
I had to say something, but what? I was totally clueless.
"Ok then, what do you teach?" this came from a lad who was one of the first to come over.
I answered "It could be physics or maybe something different".
My thoughts were where's the bloody info on what I'm doing here. Still nothing came. I decided to read their minds discreetly and see if anything could be gained. I felt out of sorts at this point. I was myself, out of the familiar physical I'm from, in a strange place with the bloody spanish inquisition. I chuckled to myself. (you can't forget things like that). We talked about physics, more the experiments in an attempt to gain info.
I asked the girl who said I've been 'sent' about her comment.
Meanwhile the digging in their minds revealed lots of typical expectations bar one. This was they had no impulsive fighting ability. My thoughts were to bring this attitude back and swamp the world with it, alas such niceties are not to be. It also gave the impression of a good place to exist. A reflection of our world without the warmongering, stealing and greed.
The girl said," We are troubled by a something. It scares us at night making things move and some people have just dissapeared. It takes and takes, always lies and those who got away said it comes from the shadows at night.
We don't go out in the dark anymore. If we stay at home, we are not safe alone. Do you know what I'm saying?"
A second later a lad from behind me said " We call it the darkness. Its a man, or a woman, or a big dog, or a shadow with hands that choke you."
I was a little suspicious at first, this quietened the room completely. A shout from the other side said " You shouldn't have said the name".
Another cry saying "He'll come."
There was fear in all present, I finally had a clue. The bogeyman.
We'll this was my first mistake. You don't underestimate your opponent came to mind but this was a childhood fear. Maybe back home, certainly not here. I realised I had been carried away with getting info and forgot where I actually was. This is the non physical and ANYTHING can manifest.
I was a little concerned being carried away so asked a few questions on this ' Darkness".
"What does this character represent?" I asked.
"It's a guy, he's in all the darkest of places, a shadow being, we all see him when we try to sleep. He screams and things move, they float across the room and melt into the wall. People have lost their loved ones not giving in to him. He steals our dreams and turns them bad. Then it all stops. Things get better again and someone says the name and he's back. He scares us all and no-one can stop him. Make him go away". The group and the rest of the room had shouted out.
I had my answer.
I knew these feelings too well. An entity from the badlands, a place I was basically tortured with when very young. The nightmares from hell. I didn't want these to return. I defeated them long ago. The badlands were where my first astral travels led me. The RTZ travels were to be replaced with this. It brought back memories from times past.
The dark dimly lit places full of strange deformed creatures trying to rip you apart. The noises in the dense fog.. Oh the wanting to get out, to be able to wake, that was the only hope and salvation. Sleep? Forget it, you'd be awake for days at a time...
I remember the badlands and if one entity wants another shot then so be it.
That was another mistake. I may have been 8 at that time but things evolve. This worried me a lot more. I knew most of my capabilities but what else could there be?
At this point I heard a familiar voice. It called, " Well I'll be, what the monkeys are you doing here?. The laughter that followed this voice proved it.
It was my son. I had no idea he was here. I turned to reply but he hid under another table. He suddenly appeared infront of me saying," You didn't answer the question".
" He's good at that" came from my side. Laughter came from everywhere." You're here too?" I asked.
"I asked first" was the reply followed by more laughter. The next few mins being taken up by a list of achievements that I've told him.
I looked towards the corridor avoiding the noise and noticed some lads fooling around. One was being picked up and thrown onto the wall. I thought its a bit heavy playing that way. Then another and another. This time no one was there. A few photos flipped off the wall and fell. Nothing to see to cause it. The group in the corridor just 10 feet away on the other side of the double doors, in clear view were tossed aside like a hurricane blew through them. I noticed a shadow appearing. It was strange and it was growing darker and taking form. A shout from far behind me called, " He's back, the Darkness!"
I was watching this developing shadow, now pitch black coming to the doors. It took shape and features were starting to appear. I got a shiver down my back. This was something I've never witnessed. The form came through the doors with a crash. Almost broke them apart. The form now distinct, a 6 stone 5 foot high guy appeared. Black hair, all greasy like a brylcreme special, parting down the centre, combed sideways just covering his ears. The black pinstriped suit he was wearing gave a sharp cut impression. His face was around 45 years old and the blackness in the eyes above that thin pointy nose was something else. The paleness of his skin, a dirty greyish white had a look of falseness about it. I knew this character was way above my abilities. He pushed my son aside by waving his hand and this you don't want to do.
The response from my son was to shout back profanities and the Darkness pushed him aside again, this time with all his friends, tables and chairs too. He continued shouting, trying to defend my corner, even though nothing had occured but the mention of the name.
The Darkness turned and spoke quietly saying "Be quiet, all of you".
Another wave from the Darkness and everyone and everything in the room left the floor bar our table and two chairs. The rest, all pinned on the walls and equipment with the former occupants tied up in the melee. A flick of a finger and the mouth of each sealed shut with skin.
I didn't like this, any of it and said " Any need for this barbaric sideshow?"
"It tastes so good", was the reply. I tried to read his mind and found the taste is a source of power. He then shut me out completely waving a finger side to side. I did the same and he found it difficult to get into my head.
"Ok, we'll talk then, perhaps its better that way." he said.
" You're the challenger? They sent you? You cant work on all the levels yet, a baby. How sweet."
Hearing this was annoying but I knew the deciet in his words causes anger and fear, his source of energy. I dropped my emotions like a bomb. I couldn't be read either. A look of surprise appeared on his grey withered face and instinct told me he was hiding behind a mask.
" Leave this place alone. You dont fit here and return from whence you came!", I shouted at him looking for some response. I saw nothing.
" Do you know me? he asked." you do you know". I suppose I hid my thoughts too as he was not reading them. I had no fear just a million watts of power supplying the analysis part of me.
"Should I?" my best response.
" maybe a reminder from long ago."he replied.
I knew exactly what he wanted me to think so I kept him out of the picture. I could feel pressure all around my head from him which was worrying.
(We did speak for a while but I can't recall it) I was trying to reason with his appetite for fear and told him of the badlands and to go. He didn't like the place or its inhabitants. A fear I thought. I've not forgotten it and will not either.
He did appear to get sweaty after a while and some of the kids were getting themselves out of the imprisonment he provided.
He Said," I've a gift for you, it will help you use your abilities on many more levels than you can at present".
I didn't want anything from him and he knew it.
I said " stick it, I don't need anything you have to offer".
The reply came, " You have no choice".
At that point, I felt him inside my head. The pressure was immense and then It stopped. It stopped as far as I could do anything. He had control of my movements now. I didn't like this one bit and fear was attempting to raise its ugly head. I couldn't move at all. Totally paralysed, all I could do was listen and see.
He picked out of his pocket what looked like a bone shaped into a tuning fork. He snapped one of the legs about half way leaving a sharp point. The bone was a greyish colour too. The thinness indicated a bird of some sort and the contents were pitch black.
He raised my right arm towards him, leaning over the table pushed the broken section into my arm until the centre of the fork prevented it going further. It hurt, really hurt and he rolled his eyes as the pain intensified. He released me so I could move again and I wanted to rip him apart. The pain was intense. It spread through my body like a fire. Everything being burned. The pain caused me to keel over and I started to lose my sight from it. It was intense. He said," now remember me.
You have a gift and it will make you strong, very strong. Youll be a worthy opponent".
The room got noisy again as tables and chairs started dropping from the walls. Lots lof screaming too. My son got his voice back and started shouting again. He was very upset. His friends came over to see if I was still alive. I found my sight returning again, noticing my foetal position I was helped onto a chair. I sat up and said," I think I won that round, I pissed him off I think. Maybe you are safe now".
The pain eased more so I could sit. He'd gone. He turned into a shadow and melted.
I got onto my feet saying I was a teacher of sorts. Id have to teach the Darkness some lessons in light. The concern grew less and I said I had to go.
I was so drained from this.

I have to date noticed nothing new. I have had all my senses and available tricks on all levels I know. The only exception is retrievals. I get them towards the end now where a while ago I didn't.
Confrontation with the Darkness is another thing completely. Thats one mean bastard to deal with. If I get in this position again were going on my turf. The Badlands. It's my turn to kick ass. I'm sure I'll remember how to get out of there. You can't wake free. You can wake but your sleeping double waits there. You go back in an endless loop.
Sounds like fun....yeah (sarcasticly).
Szaxx

The Darkness.

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: The Darkness.

Postby astralzombie » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:03 pm

4 came over to me and asked " Are you the new teacher ?"
I had no idea, so said " That's an astute observation and it deserves an answer".

That's pure genius.

WTF about sums up the rest of what I'm thinking.

This is presumptuous of me but I believe that you are already more than a worthy opponent for this one and he is trying to trick you into thinking that you aren't. You just haven't had to deal with the likes of his kind. At least not in a long time.

A very amateurish hunch tells me he was trapped in the badlands for a very long time and wants to avoid that place worse than you do. *edit* You actually said that so it wasn't a hunch.

Do you encounter your son in the NPR often? Perhaps this is a clue.

Thanks for sharing this. Or should I be thanking you?
astralzombie

Postby Szaxx » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:39 am

There was a mental battle too at one point. I can't recall it fully but I know he had trouble dealing with me. Ok, well talk then...
That stuck out. I know there's more, yet unlocked, from a visit I took to a psychic who's known worldwide. She booted me out and closed shop after telling me "you can already do this and more" the instant she touched my hand, looking at the lines, she saw something. I never got to know, bummer.
My son was a wierd addition. I thought afterwards, if I lost to this piece of shit, he would suffer. Glad things worked out for the better. He's a good lad, noisy, but good. I supposed ,with emotions running wild, he was a target.
The size of the entity of deciet was also a good move. It stinks of lies too. It doesn't matter how these nasties appear in the NP, size is no indication of power. It's getting inside their mind, if you can. You see and know lots that way. This one was hiding everything tightly.
I'd agree with your thoughts, its his fear too. He's looking for revenge from his own doing. I think he trapped himself and blamed every entity but himself. Now out on a path of terrorism, he's searching for himself and hasn't seen the truth in it. That's another aspect I've seen, show him the mirror of souls and he'll see himself for what he is. Hopefully get absorbed and whats left will be as a child. I learned the ways in the Badlands and this one shifts so its already a challenge to find.
How the memories flow... I'd have to retrieve him then. Well, it's expected, I wouldn't leave myself there, forgiveness is a good thing.
I'll wait for now, usually I see things coming. It's not 100% but its there.
Szaxx

Postby astralzombie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 am

I'd have to retrieve him then. Well, it's expected, I wouldn't leave myself there, forgiveness is a good thing.

That speaks volumes. Someone who can say this isn't lacking much.

The size did stick out to me. I thought "Dynamite comes in small packages". Everything down to it's entrance was choreographed. It was a show meant to impress and intimidate. Since children seem to be his main targets, he desperately needs their fear for strength.

And he was definitely losing some of his strength. As the children were watching you stand up to it, they lost some of their fear and he was no longer able to keep them pinned and confront you. Not enough strength to do both.

That gave him a little rush of anger that he used for a shot of nitro boost to finally get into your head. That still would not have been enough if you weren't at the disadvantage of having to analyze him and worry about the kids. Not to mention yourself.

One thing I'm sure of, he didn't give you anything good for you to use with his chicken bone. I think it's a trap and he wants you to rely on it for some reason. One nasty dude.
astralzombie

Postby ChopstickFox » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Reading this had be on the edge of my seat...

Coincidentally, I was reading the Guardians of Childhood series yesterday and the main villain is the bogeyman. That's the books the movie Rise of the Guardians was based on (which I loved...)... The books are a bit darker and the bogeyman is kind of like a galactic badass. But he was not always consumed by darkness and evil...

SPOILERS: He once guarded over the prison that held all the shades and "darklings" that gave children bad dreams. He was seen as incorruptible, but they tricked him by whispering in his ear every day... They made him pity. Just to have some fresh air for a moment. They also tricked him into thinking his child was in danger and needed to be let out. It was that one moment when he cracked open the cell that all the demons invaded him and tainted his soul. But even hundreds of years later, he still had a small part of his light left. Showing him a picture of his daughter paralyzed him and actually started changing him back. He saw this as his weakness and sought t drive it out of him.

I know it is fiction, but I think it is brilliant. What you shared certainly reminded me of it. All the parallels. I know it might not even be relevant, but I just felt the need to share...

In the story, the bogeyman is known for tainting others and turning them into darklings. Fear gives him power. The characters in the books have a wonderful phrase they repeat... "I believe I believe I believe!" Sometimes it is the only thing that can save them. Belief does have power, fiction or not. At one point the characters try to kill him, but a girl knows in her heart that wouldn't be right. She felt pity for him.

I don't know just how many parallels line up with your experience... But it's a little bit to think about. Your son being there has much significance and can very much be a strength. You would do ANYTHING to protect him. That is something the darkness does not have. "No one can stop him..." Yes they can. I mean... I know I'm not one to talk. You said yourself not to underestimate your enemy. Perhaps I'm speaking from a young optimistic perspective of not facing anything that powerful.

This is just a hunch but from what I've read, this might be a situation where you need to seek out understanding. It is the understanding that will give you power and the upper hand. Yes, it's somewhat a test of wills, but only on the surface. It will not determine the end all. On the surface he seems incredibly powerful, but even those who are powerful are not without weaknesses.

I usually don't have so many opinions, but this all just kind of jumped out at me, so I hope you don't mind...

On a completely different note, one of the songs I wrote with my friend was called "The Darkness" haha. Not about the bogeyman, though.
ChopstickFox

Postby astralzombie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:19 pm

A question.

The badlands...is this the place where you have seen the wall of souls?

If you say no, I would sure feel better.
astralzombie

Postby Szaxx » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:19 am

I was guided to this place by one with wings. A very memorable experience. It's not in the Badlands as such but its in a hell hole somewhere related.
The feel of its location is, you're out walking the hills and dales and know that under your feet, a century ago, coal was mined. You think 'Im glad thats not happening today.' The sun shines and you're feeling great.
Next step, the ground opens and down you go. Theres no way out and if you survive the fall what condition will you be in. Now a lump of life, what ya goin a do?
The wall of souls was after I conquered my fears. Around 9 years old. Things really changed after that. Really changed. Another topic maybe posted later on this brilliant excursion.

I'll spare the details, but you cant trust anything in the Badlands.
Have you been trying to go there you naughty boy?. Lol
Szaxx

Postby astralzombie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:10 am

Have you been trying to go there

Helllsss noooooo. Maybe I'm just naive but I don't fear it so much as I don't have the stomach for it.

I sometimes forget about telepathy because I rarely rely on it myself during a projection. It's one of those things in which I didn't know about, and after so long, I forget use it until something or someone talks to me like that (more like they give me images or impressions but occasionally it's actual words). I am referring to the NP though. I can not communicate like this in the PMR, in case anybody was rolling their eyes at my psychic abilities. :lol:

Like an idiot, I was thinking about the wall and it was extracted from me. I was told that it might be time for a field trip. At that, I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to be somewhere else and graciously excused myself the hell out of there. :)

I never plan to go there intentionally and I don't think the experience will just present itself to me, hopefully it doesn't anyways.

Is the ground opening up the only entrance that you have used or know of?
astralzombie

Postby Szaxx » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:17 am

I was typing a reply and the browser crashed. I'll try again with far less detail.
It's not the way in it was a poor attempt at describing the feeling of the place was to show a similarity in the physical. A happy summers day to 'will I survive' change of ambience.
It's not a place you'd visit willingly and I'm sure a purpose must exist to get even close.
Your trip, go on it asking to see how others see heaven and hell. A guide or three will keep you safe. I'd hope any erroneous visits would be blocked. It's not a nice place at all. (understatement).
Szaxx

Return to Journals