TED and Mainstream Science battle with Psience.

If you have any media links you wish to share with everyone, please post them here.

Postby Bedeekin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:46 pm

Ive been following the path of psi based consciousness research recently concerning mainstream science. It seems to be coming to the forefront as the Religion vs Atheism argument has simmered away and evolved.
Recently two TED talks were removed from their website because of the mainstream materialist views at TED being challenged on an intellectual level. One by Graham Hancock and another by Rupert Sheldrake.

I think everyone here will find both talks pretty cool and the following article.

Here are the two videos that were removed from the site... I suggest you watch them... they are both astounding.

Graham Hancock: The War on Consciousness - (Removed TED Talk)...

Rupert Shelldrake: Rupert Sheldrake - The Science Delusion BANNED TED TALK...

Here's an article about the TED banning.

http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/2013 ... ntroversy/

**EDIT**

This is just amazing... Inventor of the 'God Helmet', Dr Michael Persinger has finally wised up. :)
Last edited by Bedeekin on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bedeekin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: TED and Mainstream Science battle with Psience.

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Thank you Bedeekin!!

I heard about this maddening censorship and was wanting to look for these videos!
I`ve linked them all directly to the front page of the website too for others to watch as well!

I watched all three...
Very nice stuff! I can see why the scientific community would be cowering right now like this.
Hancock and Sheldrake are two very open minded folks who should be listened to closely.

And the video with Dr. Persinger is simply eye opening. He might have a more materialist view on the HOW and WHY this sort of thing is possible, but the fact that he's talking about this kind of subject gives me hope. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:59 pm

I had saved the whole controversy (may have posted it in my FB page)- the thing is that they are correct in that you have to have a certain discipline for the TED talks, but the fact is that they made up arguments to remove both Sheldrake and Hancock (false arguments) and lumped them together, which was not fair- and on top of that made the videos hard to find, especially the ones that showed that they were full of you-know-what. Which is too bad, I used to love the TED talks.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Xanth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:47 pm

CFTraveler wrote:I had saved the whole controversy (may have posted it in my FB page)- the thing is that they are correct in that you have to have a certain discipline for the TED talks, but the fact is that they made up arguments to remove both Sheldrake and Hancock (false arguments) and lumped them together, which was not fair- and on top of that made the videos hard to find, especially the ones that showed that they were full of you-know-what. Which is too bad, I used to love the TED talks.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be viewing them in an entirely different light now I know what goes on behind the scenes in selecting who is a reputable "scientist" and who isn't. >_<
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Bedeekin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:42 pm

That's a dizzying list there lionheart! :)
Bedeekin

Postby Bedeekin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:49 am

Is it a monitoring thing... or a list for the records?

I mean... it's a publicly available list which probably means there's nothing sinister going on.
Bedeekin

Postby CFTraveler » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:58 am

But, if there is something going on, the list is handy, and they'll start with them. Oh no, I can't believe I'm being conspiracy-ist.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Majic » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:22 pm

Just watched the first one and it pretty boring and really sounds like someones rant that they can get their favourite fix and its the usuall big business, government agendas that make it so. Its a broke record struggling to get played again.

Onto the second one now :)

Second vid is cool, a heap of interesting stuff and a lot to ponder
last one is interesting but lacking somewhere and I cant quite grasp where yet, seems to be a mix of to general and a little of we are already there I think.
Majic

Return to Media Links