'Swimming' with the Current of Life

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Spirituality or Spiritual Growth, please post them here.

Postby Taoistguy » Wed May 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Life is quite and amazing thing. Or rather, the Force or the Dynamics that give rise to 'Life' are an amazing thing. Once you find the Current, you can low along with it as if you are swimming along with the current in a fast flowing river.
Most people try to get out the water, or swim against the current, or swim along next to it thinking they are actually in the current.

It's as if the Current is alive! It will feed you and give you things, but maybe it's yourself doing the feeding and giving?
But you have to be pure and honest, else you're not in the current but somewhere else.
Taoistguy

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: 'Swimming' with the Current of Life

Postby Xanth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:46 pm

I think that one of the fundamental steps to spiritual progression is to first realize that you aren't the current... you are the entire body of water.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Taoistguy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Agreed. You are not the current. But the water. The current is within the water and gives it some sort of added Vitality.
Taoistguy

Postby Jettins » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Taoistguy wrote:Once you find the Current, you can low along with it as if you are swimming along with the current in a fast flowing river..
...It's as if the Current is alive! It will feed you and give you things, but maybe it's yourself doing the feeding and giving?

The current reminds me of the "astral winds" (intelligent forces), the water reminds me of the human psyche. I wonder what was below the threshold of your objective consciousness when you countered this up, it's good.
Last edited by Jettins on Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jettins

Postby wstein » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:23 pm

You are not the water. Water is water. You are a being, the current comes from the beings. The water comes from the beings (though not perhaps the same beings). When the flow ceases and the water is gone, you remain. Perhaps you create flowing water again, perhaps blowing wind, perhaps a glow of sunshine. You are not these things, you are that which creates them.
sin nada
wstein

Postby Jettins » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Just different ways of looking at the same things.
Jettins

Postby Taoistguy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:27 am

Jettins wrote:
Taoistguy wrote:Once you find the Current, you can low along with it as if you are swimming along with the current in a fast flowing river..
...It's as if the Current is alive! It will feed you and give you things, but maybe it's yourself doing the feeding and giving?

The current reminds me of the "astral winds" (intelligent forces), the water reminds me of the human psyche. I wonder what was below the threshold of your objective consciousness when you countered this up, it's good.

What do you mean by "below the threshold of my objective consciousness"?
(I'm a bit thick sometimes. ;) )
Taoistguy

Postby Taoistguy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 am

bump?
Taoistguy

Postby Jettins » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:22 pm

I just noticed it, the bump worked.

Taoistguy wrote:What do you mean by "below the threshold of my objective consciousness"?

The source of your inspiration.
Jettins

Postby Taoistguy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 pm

If I understand you correctly, the source of my inspiration is the Currrent itself. I see it as a 'living' thing.
Taoistguy

Postby Jettins » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 pm

I meant.. What inspired you to write it? ...
Jettins

Postby Taoistguy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:20 am

Wanting to share it with others. If I can find others who are also in the same place as me, then some sort of joining together adds an enhancement to the dynamic. For others who get only a sense of it, it can hopefully propel them further in to taste of it also.
Does this make sense or is it the ramblings of a madman? lol
Taoistguy

Postby Jettins » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:55 am

great :)
Jettins

Postby astralzombie » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 am

wstein wrote:You are not the water. Water is water. You are a being, the current comes from the beings. The water comes from the beings (though not perhaps the same beings). When the flow ceases and the water is gone, you remain. Perhaps you create flowing water again, perhaps blowing wind, perhaps a glow of sunshine. You are not these things, you are that which creates them.

The water is just a metaphor and wasn't meant to be taken literally. Don't forget that even words themselves are just metaphors.

The word "dog" is just a metaphor used to invoke the image of a certain group of domesticated mammalians. :)

In my personal philosophy, it would be more accurate to say that we are indeed the water, the current, as well as the consciousness experiencing both.

In short, we are the creators as well as the creation and will spend some time of our existence as all of these things. I do mean that literally too. :)
astralzombie

Postby Jettins » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:57 am

astralzombie wrote:The water is just a metaphor and wasn't meant to be taken literally.

Indeed
Jettins

Postby Taoistguy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:22 pm

astralzombie wrote:
wstein wrote:You are not the water. Water is water. You are a being, the current comes from the beings. The water comes from the beings (though not perhaps the same beings). When the flow ceases and the water is gone, you remain. Perhaps you create flowing water again, perhaps blowing wind, perhaps a glow of sunshine. You are not these things, you are that which creates them.

The water is just a metaphor and wasn't meant to be taken literally. Don't forget that even words themselves are just metaphors.

The word "dog" is just a metaphor used to invoke the image of a certain group of domesticated mammalians. :)

In my personal philosophy, it would be more accurate to say that we are indeed the water, the current, as well as the consciousness experiencing both.

In short, we are the creators as well as the creation and will spend some time of our existence as all of these things. I do mean that literally too. :)

absolutelty. Right there with you.
The Current can become the Water when you identify yourself with it correctly. :)
Taoistguy

Postby Jettins » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:02 pm

The current reminds me of the "astral winds" (intelligent forces), the water reminds me of the human psyche.

It can be said that we are also the "astral winds" because it will blow and carry us based on who we are.
Jettins

Postby wstein » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Taoistguy wrote: The Current can become the Water when you identify yourself with it correctly. :)
I disagree.

Though 'you' can be in the experience of water, you can't only be water. You still remain who and what you are.

This is much like taking on a role. You play the role, but you are not the role. While one can get 'lost' in the role, that does not change your nature. When the play stops, so does your role yet you remain.

Identification is an artificial construct based on an arbitrary and fundamentally non-existent boundary. All is connected/all is one. To carve out a part of it and slap a label on it does not change anything other than in your own mind.

You are not your tools. You are not your experience.
sin nada
wstein

Postby Xanth » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:07 am

wstein wrote:
Taoistguy wrote: The Current can become the Water when you identify yourself with it correctly. :)
I disagree.

Though 'you' can be in the experience of water, you can't only be water. You still remain who and what you are.

This is much like taking on a role. You play the role, but you are not the role. While one can get 'lost' in the role, that does not change your nature. When the play stops, so does your role yet you remain.

Identification is an artificial construct based on an arbitrary and fundamentally non-existent boundary. All is connected/all is one. To carve out a part of it and slap a label on it does not change anything other than in your own mind.

Is that not the illusion of separation?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Taoistguy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:37 am

wstein wrote:
I disagree.

Interesting point.
I tend to see it like as if puppets start to become aware that they are given life by the puppet master. Rather than being the single character it used to think it was it now starts to see it is in fact the puppet master itself.
Taoistguy

Next

Return to Spirituality