Strange Experience

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Spirituality or Spiritual Growth, please post them here.

Strange Experience

Postby Xanth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Lately, I've been having this experience that is kind of an out of body thing... but isn't.

I can look at someone looking at me, and I get this perception in my minds eye of exactly what they're seeing.

This just started recently. Does anyone understand what I mean and has anyone else experienced this? The sense of seeing yourself from someone else's perspective.
Xanth
Site Admin

Strange Experience

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Strange Experience

Postby CFTraveler » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:58 pm

No, I don't recognize that. Just in case you decide to do a survey. :D
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby astralzombie » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:01 pm

I think you're describing the ability to read minds but are placing a personal limitation on it because it's absurd to think that you have developed that ability. Right? I mean it is impossible, I just googled it and that's the popular consensus. :D
astralzombie

Postby Szaxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:36 pm

You may be developing the 'knowing'.
It's similar to mind reading in the non physical but not as clear by far. You just 'know' whats on their mind.
If it just applies to their thoughts of you, keep it to yourself for now. If it develops where their thoughts are 'known' and unrelated to you, then ask them, especially if accompanied with an emotional feeling. You get this from a few almost instantly while others give nothing away.
I don't know how it works but a few times you can answer a question before its been asked. You simply know.
Waking before the alarm sounds, picking up the phone before ir rings that sort of knowing.
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Lionheart wrote: Once again, I see this as another one of those amazing wonderful new abilties that "comes with the territory".

Nothing really shocks me anymore.

Just when you think you have "seen it all", some kind of new wonderful ability or talent appears.

I just look inward and say Thank You! :)

There was something else that has been happening to me lately...

I used to think I was quite empathic before... always being able to pick up on other people's emotions and stuff like that.
Well, lately... I've not only been picking up on them, I've been actually and directly FEELING them personally.

I first noticed it several weeks ago while I was walking to work with my fiance... the closer we got to her work, the more of a sense of doom and dread I was feeling. It was confusing to me because I didn't know where it was coming from as I certainly wasn't dreading anything. It wasn't until later that morning when I asked her if she was feeling strange that she said that she was dreading going to work that morning because of stuff that was supposed to happen. I was directly feeling her dread as if I was feeling it.

An episode of this happened early this morning too when she was feeling nervous and anxious about something... I was feeling the same thing, but recognizing now that it wasn't coming from me, I asked her about it. She asked where she was feeling to it, and I pointed to my stomach, and she confirmed.

So... yeah, this is getting strange. LoL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Keep us posted on this Xanth.
If you find anything that increases this ability, that would be a bonus for all.
Hopefully it stays active, you'll find out more for yourself if so. A VERY useful tool.
It can be used the other way around too. Where you influence someone else.
Szaxx

Postby Jettins » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Xanth wrote:Lately, I've been having this experience that is kind of an out of body thing... but isn't.

I can look at someone looking at me, and I get this perception in my minds eye of exactly what they're seeing.

This just started recently. Does anyone understand what I mean and has anyone else experienced this? The sense of seeing yourself from someone else's perspective.

It's not absurd to "sense" when this is happening, because it happens all the time below our awareness threshold. If anything, you're just more attuned to it, or it's your paranoia ;) . It has nothing to do with reading minds.

There is actually good research done by Rupert Sheldrake, Xanth. You should watch this:

Jettins

Postby Majic » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:03 pm

This just started recently. Does anyone understand what I mean and has anyone else experienced this? The sense of seeing yourself from someone else's perspective

I have done that on and off over the years and the strongest was when one of my daughters was born, she was only a few hours old and I could (thought i could?) see through her eyes. It felt a tiny bit displaced from where I was like and not clear vision at that stage but a definite sense of seeing and curiosity behind it.
Interesting that she was breast feeding in the hospital and would not take one breast and I told the nurse that to her the breast cold and dark and she was not going to take it, turned out there was an infection and the milk was no good. All this I could see from her point of view and it still happens quite a lot. Also from time to time I get feelings of people I know and feel like I am looking out of there eyes but it is strongest from my children.
Majic

Postby astralzombie » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:58 am

I was being facetious in my response. I too have had some strange experiences lately. I don't think we can actually read anybody's mind. We can only sense or know what they are thinking and we do this in different ways. We can see through their eyes or know their thoughts. It all relates to the general concept of mind reading. :)

It's similar to remote viewing and and a RTZ projection. They are really the same thing in my book but have different labels. I understand though that some people want to examine these experiences deeper than I do. It's not that I don't want to have them or understand them but I find that labeling everything can be it's own limitation.

It's just that I never wanted to put the different experiences under a microscope or divide them up like Monroe did with focus levels and such.
astralzombie

Return to Spirituality