Spirituality – Why I Can’t Get Mad At People

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Spirituality or Spiritual Growth, please post them here.

Re: Spirituality – Why I Can’t Get Mad At People

Postby Xanth » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:45 am

It's not suppression. It's that the act of and the very existence of the anger doesn't happen and just simply doesn't exist.
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby Majic » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:35 am

I can understand that and am fine 99% of the time, I think a lot of factors can come into it as well but yes agree that being a hot head is not an answer. I guess we are talking about being bad tempered and small issues
Majic

Postby astralzombie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:11 am

We get mad because we judge someone or something. We see everything as good or bad. When we claim to be neutral, all were saying is that something hasn't angered or upset us enough to take action.

I doubt that it will be possible as a human but one of the highest things we are striving to evolve towards is not neutrality but to be non judgmental.

Nothing could possibly upset us if we don't judge. I'm pretty far away from that.
astralzombie

Postby Xanth » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:39 am

Very well put, AZ.
THAT is what I would refer to as a part of "becoming closer to Love". :)

Two of the main factors that cause anger are "judging" and "expecting something to be how YOU want it to be".
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:38 am

The teachings from aikido should affect your thoughts Xanth. Its a way of life and I'm sure you have heard this many times over while learning the discipline.
There's no judging just acceptance of the ways of others. It is their way even if ours don't mesh with it. Another lesson from the discipline is never underestimate your opponent. Anger is a requirement that interferes and therefore of no practical use. Its discarded as much as an inappropriate action would be.
The human factor is controlled within this way of life (mostly).
Those too hot headed were thrown from class back in the day indicating a certain mindset was required. You need to think before you act fits nicely here. This itself prevents anger from dictating your response. A form of selfcontrol is indigenous to you.
Does this sound familiar?
Szaxx

Postby Szaxx » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:37 pm

ROFL,
It's the teachings of the master of the art. You somehow don't forget it. Even after 40 years.
Getting angry at someone is a weakness. Getting even may teach them a needed lesson.
Words to the effect. They fit the thread title well.
Szaxx

Postby Majic » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:19 pm

I dont think anger is the issue as it rasies power and can be applied in anyway we want. its a very basic word that gets misused, I get an anger or rage at times in a dream state and dont destroy but use this to create. A long time back I rasied a city and it took a few goes and the eneryg was close to a controlled rage and was a total focus, in this case it you were could measure intensity it would have been off the scale but the use is fine. The ability to get mad is a measure of this energy and I dont have a problem with this but how it is directed or used is more important to me.
Majic

Postby astralzombie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Anger is definitely one of the roadblock on the journey of spiritual growth IMO. It doesn't matter how much control you have over your anger, you are still angry and this is not a peaceful or healthy state. It may be completely natural but it isn't good for you. It will still shut you down to certain possibilities no matter how controlled you are.
astralzombie

Postby Majic » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 pm

i disagree as it is only a temp state and not a condition, I really struggle with the peaceful acceptance of every annoying thing and think at times it can help to pass a barrier. Some of the biggest barriers that I have broken in the altered states have been when I get a strength caused by anger and they have led to extreme experiences and often meetings with other forms of energy after. I use it to propel me at times, not often but it has never let me down and its not of the type that pings me out of dreams but adds depth and control to them. To me its just energy and it drives and focues me and is no different when rideing my bike up a hill and its just to hard so a type of energy builds up that could be called anger and it turned into focus and energy and will power to get me to the top. its an inward jouney that bocks distractions and gives real focus to any task.
Majic

Postby Xanth » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:15 pm

For me, it comes down to allowing everything to be as it is. This includes YOU. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:33 pm

For me, it comes down to allowing everything to be as it is. This includes YOU

LOL- no less than I expected and why I am comfortable expressing my views here and i hope they are accepted in the sense that they are my views only and I dont expect anyone to agree or I hope be offended by my posts.
Majic

Postby Xanth » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Majic wrote:LOL- no less than I expected and why I am comfortable expressing my views here and i hope they are accepted in the sense that they are my views only and I dont expect anyone to agree or I hope be offended by my posts.

I wouldn't have it any other way!

I think we're all respectful enough here to simply share our points of views... perhaps go back and forth a couple times discussing them, then leave it at that. :)

As the topic says... I can't get mad. hehe
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 am

Majic wrote: I really struggle with the peaceful acceptance of every annoying thing and think at times it can help to pass a barrier.

If something upsets us continually it is a barrier, no matter how many times we overcome it. Not having anger to overcome in the first place is the goal. However lofty or impractical it may seem from our view.

I'm not saying that we should not be affected by rape, murder and pillage. That's indifference and not love. True indifference is an abstract idea and not possible IMO. I'm saying that we need to be affected in different ways other than anger or annoyance.

I am no where close to being that. I am as imperfect as they come. :)
astralzombie

Postby Bedeekin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:19 am

Pillage... lol

I get angry at situations that I get myself into rather than what people do (bar this one time... last week... on Facebook but that's not technically a 'person').

I can't remember a time when I got angry at somebody... like at work or home. I never get angry at Kathryn.... she does with me... but that's a different matter. :D
Bedeekin

Postby astralzombie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:51 am

Pillage went with the saying. I've only seen the word used in English literature. I need to look it up since I only assumed i know it's real meaning. :D

I get upset with things that are out of my control. I know it's ridiculous.
astralzombie

Postby Bedeekin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:00 am

It's what Vikings used to do. That's what made me smile. Vikings... they were an angry bunch. Actually although I tenuously linked that to the thread subject... the Viking 'Berserker' was said to imbibe on the magic mushroom 'Amanita' and causing them to get into a spot of 'beserk-raging'... said to enhance the pillaging.
Bedeekin

Postby Majic » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:20 pm

I think anger is one of those words that have a lot of meanings and it all depends on context. Sometimes I get annoyed and verge on anger and then laugh at myself as its really about ego and poor me so it melts a way as I have distanced myself from the emotion. Other times i feel an energy boiling up from my belly and its so powerful that I cant call it an emotion or reaction and this gets focused and used in a positive way. I think the worst is where I am not in control or not able to be in control, like when someone on purpose cuts me off with a car when I am out riding - I see red when that happens. A lot of different situations but what I dont do is stiffle the anger but normally I also wont react to it so i think "OK, I am getting annoyed, I feel some energy rising, what shall I do with it" to me that becomes a strength.

All different and thats great.

On Vikings, guess there way of life dictated that a good person was to be the best at what they do, not quite how we are these days but their life in their times.
Majic

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:27 pm

I guess it all really boils back down to that point: Ego. lol

If you allow your ego to control you in these ways... are you helping yourself?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:46 pm

No ego sucks and that might be the defining point for me. If you (me) can keep a scrap of objectivity in what i am doing I become the observer and can enjoy the emotions I want and discard the rest, sometimes its so easy to be in that state and at others so hard and I avoid tasks that may be unpredictable in outcome, I wont ride my bike at peak traffic hours, I wont make phone calls that can be put off till tomorrow if I am loaded and not sure of outcome. Its odd than even thinking in this way reduces any load and the control allows clear thinking and removal of ego most of the time.
Majic

Postby Jack Reacher » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:02 pm

Doing that will also limit your growth as a person. You can't always exist in an enivornment where you are mindful of every variable you can control. If you want to grow as a person then sometimes you have to risk the potential to be angry. If you want to really reach out and become a better person or your own man, you have to step into a world of random noise for a while. If you don't take these risks you won't be able to connect with others who do this. On the other hand if you prefer to sit in your comfort bubble and not venture out thats all very well, but keep in mind this might be your only shot to reach out.
A particle physicist is a collection of atoms that have gotten together to observe themselves.
Jack Reacher

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality