Something I figured out the other day

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Spirituality or Spiritual Growth, please post them here.

Postby Xanth » Fri May 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Y'know what I figured out the other day? Life isn't about trying to live as long as you can... life is about living as best you can while you're alive. You'll drive yourself into an early grave worrying about all the crap people worry about these days... and what's the point really? You'll have missed so many opportunities to actually LIVE, because you're so focused on *trying* to live.

Stop trying to live and just live.
Life is about Quality over quantity.
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Something I figured out the other day

Postby astralzombie » Sat May 04, 2013 10:47 am

You're right but we have trapped ourselves into this way of existence. There is little wiggle room for an individual to say "To heck with it, I'm just gonna live and love and see what happens." This lifestyle is referred to as the "loser" or the "hippy". I don't know but I laugh at both.

Basically we have tricked ourselves into believing that life is about making the most attachments instead of connections. :)
astralzombie

Postby Xanth » Sat May 04, 2013 11:01 am

Well it's funny, because I came to this conclusion after many days of reading facebook posts...
Everyone on there is so worried about all this social crap... like, politics, gmo's, wars, etc...
It almost seems like everyone is completely missing the point, if even such a point exists.

I'm not sure if we tricked ourselves... maybe along the way, greed kicked in, and we kind of forgot the point?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Sat May 04, 2013 11:38 am

I am a news junkie but I have stopped worrying about all of it. That worrying was consuming me and it was all for nothing. Everything was beyond my control and still is.

I did not mean to suggest that I laugh at the "hippy" or the "loser". It's more like I laugh for them. It takes a lot of courage and faith to think that you can live a carefree lifestyle and rely on your ethic and generosity of others. We have been conditioned to think that these people are not responsible. If they have children, I agree. They should be their priority.

If all they have is social contracts like marriage and such, then go for it if you're not happy. Sorry ladies and gentlemen, but I doubt you would be happy being stuck with someone who didn't want to be there anyway. Religion is what tells us that once we make this deal, we need to keep it. If there is still love, then fight for it. If not, you'll just be fighting for the sake of it.
astralzombie

Return to Spirituality