SLEEP PARALYSIS - the whats, why's and wherefore's

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Re: SLEEP PARALYSIS - the whats, why's and wherefore's

Postby Justin » Thu May 30, 2013 12:30 am

This is a very good write up. I have a special place in my heart for SP. I have experienced it hundreds of times in the last 20 years. It has, for whatever reason been part of my path. Apparently, I was slow to overcome some of my fears. My theory at this point is that SP is essentially the same as the the vibrational state. The key difference being that during SP we are more focused in physical reality - likely holding on to it due to some element of fear. With the vibrational state, we are slightly more focused in the non-physical. In both cases, we are experiencing the transition state. This seems to be the case in my experiences anyway. Either way works to make a shift, though SP seems to, by default, involve the seemingly chaotic processes of the brain as part of the transition.

In some of my more recent experiences with SP, I have communicated with what seems to be an outside entity or entities. The communication has been limited and normally comes through something like a mix of garbled radio transmission and telepathy. It could of course be origination from me - never easy to tell. So far though, It seems to be from outside. In one instance, I asked if I could receive some guidance. The response was, "yes, but we aren't very good at it yet." I wasn't sure if they were referring to the communication part or the guidance part, so I laughed and jokingly replied, "well, that's not good." :D

I've only heard back once after that, but I haven't experienced SP much lately. I'm not sure why SP works for that specific contact - if it is in fact a "contact."

SP no doubt provides a great opportunity to overcome fears. This write up should come in very handy for others that are currently working through it.
Justin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby CFTraveler » Thu May 30, 2013 8:46 am

Hey Justin. Both SP and the 'vibrational state' (I like transitional state better because everyone doesn't get vibrations) are transitional states- the 'vibrational' state is the state of moving into sleep or trance, while SP is when you're moving out of trance/sleep. Different parts of the brain are involved (one is the hypothalamus, the other one the frontal or prefrontal (visual) cortex. So in a sense they're the same in that they are states of transition, and lead to and from paralysis.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Justin » Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 am

Hi CFTraveler,

I agree, "transitional state" is the best all around term. My experience is that sleep paralysis can occur while moving into or out of sleep. Likewise with the more general transitional states (in my case, a vibrational state). I have entered the OBE state via SP after falling asleep and have also returned from OBEs via SP. In either case, the “symptoms” are the same. The same is true with the more general transitional state that I tend to experience - it feels pretty much the same if I’m coming or going. Related to SP, according to webmd: "If it occurs while you are falling asleep, it's called hypnagogic or predormital sleep paralysis. If it happens as you are waking up, it's called hypnopompic or postdormital sleep paralysis."

The only key difference between moving into sleep/trance and moving out of sleep/trance (for me), is that moving out of sleep/trance tends to happen faster - but that would seem to make sense since, in that case, I am returning to my “base” reality.

Anyway, not to disagree - that is just my experience thus far.

I’m just glad it happens.
Justin

Previous

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions