Shenlord's plan

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

Shenlord's plan

Postby Shenlord » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:54 pm

I am a long-term meditator, a portrait painter and a linguist.

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.
I have read and practiced Robert Bruce's approach.
I have recently read many of the Astral Pulse methods. I am exploring them now.
I have been meditating and experiencing non physical events = mostly inside my body - for many years. I have explored Taoist, Buddhist and Western esoteric traditions.
I am going through the Monroe's Gateway program.
I have read various occult books on AP.

2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?
I used to think AP came as the result of a developed energy body going to non-physical astral (and beyond) planes. I now prefer to understand it as phasing, entering different foci of consciousness, shifting and expanding myself within the universe and experiencing more and deeper facets of the universe. Either way ends up the same.
My expectations are to learn how to expand into the non-physical in a wonderful and benevolent way. To experience more bliss and more freedom.

3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?
Mostly Robert Bruce starting in April 2014. For the past few weeks I have been exploring the various Astral Pulse methods, with emphasis on phasing. I am also going through the Monroe Gateway program on my own. I still practice some of Bruce's preliminaries and exit techniques because they really get me into blissful deep trance spaces and make phasing more alive and vibrant.
Because I have been meditating for several decades I have also had frequent transcendental/non physical bliss experiences (states, beings, energy, light etc). I now realize these are random experiences in the greater nonphysical reality. I never had an intellectual understanding of them and could not replicate them.

4. How long have you been attempting them for?
I started in March-April 2014. I had a brief OBE (a few seconds long) in June 2014 while resting (phasing) after a Bruce session. I practice daily 2-6hours a day which of course generates bliss states. I experience those the rest of the day. (Unless I am cranky).

5. What kind of goals do you have for learning Projection? You can be general or specific.
I want to explore the non physical more, integrate and develop my own meditation bliss experiences. I want to enjoy exploring non physical experience. I want to have more control/success with phasing/OBE's. I want to connect with others in the NP. I want to learn more about life/consciousness/love/bliss.

I have lots of time and a serious dose of motivation. I am disciplined in my practices. I probably meditate and do qi gong 345 days a year. I totally enjoy all meditation, phasing, OBE practice. The more the better because the more I practice the better I feel. I am very willing to experiment, to take directions and suggestions. I am also patient and willing to take the time.

Let me know if this is enough info. I am ready to start working/playing :arrow: now and also :arrow: now
There are so many approaches and possibilities I am going wild with excitement - like a kid in a candy store. I need candy pathing advice.
Last edited by Shenlord on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shenlord

Shenlord's plan

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Shenlord's plan

Postby Xanth » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Sounds wonderful! It sounds like you have a firm base to build from.

Start with the lessons we currently have, and let us know if you have any questions regarding them or any experiences. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Shenlord » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:32 pm

It will be my great pleasure to explore, to expand myself
Last edited by Shenlord on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenlord

Postby Shenlord » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:29 pm

1.I have been watching a variety of Tom Campbell videos (after finishing the assignment video) They are powerful. What I find most useful is to get a "theoretical framework" that is not simply a rendition of someone' s experience presented as truth and the structure of the universe. It is immediately practical and useful.
2. I am also practicing with the second lesson video.
Last edited by Shenlord on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenlord

Postby Xanth » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Shenlord wrote:1.I have been watching a variety of Tom Campbell videos (after finishing the assignment video) They are powerful. What I find most useful is to get a "theoretical framework" that is not simply a rendition of someone' s experience presented as truth and the structure of the universe. It is immediately practical and useful. I also love his simplicity and compassion as matches to his beautiful and clear intellect. That assigned video has been an extremely powerful influence. At the same time I feel greater freedom, autonomy and acceptance of my own consciousness and experience as the absolute keystone. I am getting his info at a deep level and focusing as a first priority on the fear/belief complex which binds me. Great choice as the first lesson.

That's good observation! :)

One of the most important things I feel there is to realize from Tom's videos is that what most people speak about when they talk about astral projection is that... it's not what people think it is. It's not mystical... it's not magical... it's simply a part of who and what you are. Once you remove that stigma from your belief system, what you begin to learn when you do project can be removed from that mystical-ness too.

2. I am also practicing with the second lesson video. I watch it often - actually applying the "don' t judge, analyze, compare, expect, fear, hope for anything" Campbell gives a a guideline. My body is not super fond of staring at a screen while going in deeply, but it's only 10 minutes long. I am also doing the exercise eyes closed with no video and developing my own sense of mastery. I am upping my quality of silent meditation. I generally meditate daily and this specific focus is useful: without expectations or trying to get somewhere or do something, realizing that my own consciousness is "it".

So I plan to keep listening to Campbell; work to apply his freeing ideas as they fit me; develop the clear meditation focus for 2 weeks as advised. Will be back if anything comes up.

The point of the video is to just teach you to focus... the second point of the video is then to teach you to hold that focus for extended periods of time. This is absolutely paramount if you're to learn to consciously project. So it sounds like you're picking up on the subtleties quite well. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Shenlord » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi. Was a bit under the weather, but continued to explore and practice.

My intent to exit consciously remains strong, but I am presently focusing on my deep development first. I see how vital this is.
Last edited by Shenlord on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenlord

Postby Shenlord » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:30 am

I have consistently practiced on a daily basis since last posting. I am also pulling my NP awareness into daily experience. No dramatic experiences to mention but a growing familiarity and a deepening and maturing in my explorations. The realization that it's all a function of my own consciousness and not a function of the tools I use is powerful. The awareness and bliss generated in my sessions spills over into daily life.

I find that doing preliminary exercises (relaxation, breathing etc) allows me to go into deeper states.

I have been following Tom Campbell's advice to take time, to explore, to relax and to make the process mine.

I am starting Lesson three today. I have a lot of time these coming days and I plan to push my intensity. I feel very motivated and excited. Will check in.
Last edited by Shenlord on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shenlord

Postby Shenlord » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:37 am

Also, since receiving information - from you - that dreaming, phasing, OBE are all one thing, I again started paying attention to my dreams and working on developing lucidity.
Shenlord

Postby Xanth » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Excellent on all accounts.
Did you have any specific questions yet?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Shenlord » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Yes I do have a few questions.

What do you think would help me fully phase?
I spend a lot of time (hours a day) practicing, and I feel fantastic and super juiced. But ever since June (when I had a few seconds long OBE/phasing: Boom, out, Wow :o , Boom, back in) I stay in the transition place. I never really "go out"or phase fully to the NPR. I seem to plateau at a deep and pleasant place without ever fully shifting into npr. I am sort of half way there, in a transition place, but no more. I will have quick little 1 or 2 second dream-like visions of people moving near me. They are vivid in feeling but dull in color. Like someone entering the room briefly and moving close. I used to get super vivid location visions or beings visions. They would fade when I paid attention to them. Haven't had those for a few months. I am fully awake and don't usually fall asleep. My body is still and dissociated/numb. I am relaxed and the mind is basically quiet, only focusing on the process I am in. Sometimes I focus on the breath and sometimes not at all.

I just reread your ebook on phasing/OBE so I could practice what you offer. (It is very well done and clear, by the way. Great job!)
When I practice "noticing" without preliminaries, I don't go very deep. (even after 10-20 minutes). If I do relaxation, breathing etc I go deeper into trance and my visual field changes; there is more 3d, more movement, I am more dissociated from my body. But it is still a partial shift.
When I do a rundown (trampoline or a familiar hike) I get high and feel a lot of energy inside and around me but I do not shift either.
If I do Bruce's kinesthetic exit techniques (rope, water skiing, etc) I get very energized; but no more.

I often listen to Monroe's conditions A-D: the raw focus frequencies without any talking (10,12,15 and 21).
The regular gateway program (waves 1-4) is pleasant but not dramatic for me. I can't take the amateurish music in waves 5-6.

I daily practice silent meditation, focusing on natural breath and taming verbal thoughts. I usually practice an hour at a time. So I can focus for a long period of time. I started to do very focused affirmations as well.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestion :?: I am patient and figure that I will evolve into it, but I would love to really shift sooner rather than later.

Should I focus on phasing right out of sleep in the morning? (I usually breathe and meditate first)
Should I focus on getting lucid with dreams to phase from that place?
Time is not an issue. I can go to sleep, get up, practice at any time I choose.
Your ebook said you listen to music sometimes. Recommended?

What else do you think I could do?
Last edited by Shenlord on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shenlord

Postby Shenlord » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:35 pm

I was reading ShinjoB's plan and found Frank links you indicated to him. This one: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welco ... 243.0.html seems to give an incredibly elaborate visual/kinesthetic/auditory visualization for using the Gateway recordings.

Quote from Frank:
With me, the big stumbling block was trusting that my imagination was reaching out to somewhere. That's where faith comes into it quite a bit. At first, you are lying there going through the process on the CD, but you can still feel your physical body. And the feeling of your imagination feels weak by comparison.

Hence it is so very tempting to think, "Oh, this is stupid, this 'aint gonna work." But after going through the process a couple of hundred times, the contact you have with your imagination becomes far more powerful than the Physical. Well, under those relaxed circumstances when you are practicing I mean. You don't want to be driving to work and suddenly the Astral side of things takes over. Smiley

The turning point comes when you get all the timing right (it was with me, at any rate). That's when the whole thing takes on a life of its own.

I have been doing the Gateway waves, but definitely not like Frank, only getting a pleasant relaxation. Could this kind of elaborate imagery be a useful boon to my AP effort? (I will make some experiments.)

:?: I am wondering if my assumptions about the process are incomplete. My primary assumption is that if I am fully relaxed and gradually fully focus away from the body and into my consciousness, the phase shift is eventually an automatic process. Any thought?

Am I missing a fundamental piece?

:?: Or perhaps I am imagining that I am achieving states - like meditation - but need to enter them more fully and deeply.
:?: Perhaps my consciousness simply needs more time settling into the required conditions.
Any thoughts on this?

It looks on the surface as if I am doing the recommended processes, devoting time and energy,...
:?: But what is not letting my consciousness shift to NPR more freely?

:?: Perhaps I need to pay greater, neutral attention to my own direct experience. Perhaps my assumptions about what should happen are preventing me from following what IS happening.

Since I am a highly imaginative person (artist, musician, writer), I plan on applying my imagination within the framework of the noticing, rundown, Gateway processes, etc to more fully engage my consciousness. Until I read Frank I thought that would just be fantasizing. Thoughts?

You frequently talk of the "penny dropping" for you after an extended period. You say that the essence of achieving success is to fully focus the consciousness away from the body. - whether it is on the black space before the eyes, or a rundown exercise etc:?: Any advice here?

I realize most of these questions need to be answered by me but I would very much welcome your ideas and feedback.
Shenlord

Postby Shenlord » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:29 am

For about 3 years I have felt/seen 4 and then 5 "presences" whenever I meditate or tune in. I call them beings of light. I feel they are evolved benevolent consciousnesses somehow connecting to me. I have not sought verbal communication. I have not named them or created woowoo scenarios around them. I just feel and enjoy them and I feel energized and "protected" by them.
They feel very real to me. I generally recognize them by color and I often call on their energy/presence to come into me. Any thoughts here?

Last night after reading Frank's Gateway scenario, I listened to a Wave tape. I briefly created a huge straight staircase leading up to a magnificent stone fantasy castle (World of Warcraft-like). I imagined the 5 beings on the steps leading up to the building and actually saw them more clearly. I imagined receiving direct energy from each. The process was interrupted by Monroe bringing me out of trance. Any thoughts? I normally would have assumed this is just me making pretty movies in my head.

I plan to go more deeply into this. My intuition tells me it was real and significant.
Ideas, suggestions welcome.
Shenlord

Postby Shenlord » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:09 pm

I have been reading the Frank threads on the gateway "ritual"and imagination, including the responses from many members. It is shaking up my world. I can't wait to finish reading so I can apply some of these fantastic ideas in practice.
Shenlord

Postby Xanth » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:04 pm

I just wanna say quickly that I haven't read your posts yet, but I will soon and reply! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Shenlord » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks. :) I think i am writing a novel here!
I did some Gateway and some improvised work using the detailed kind of visualization with rich imagination, intent and faith that Frank Kepple talked about in '02 in that post I mentioned. My five beings of light seem to be very present, responding and interacting with me (non verbally). I am getting visuals, feelings and energies from them. It is pulling me more into NPR and is a lot of fun. I am simply exploring at this stage, taking Campbell's advice to get data before I analyze and judge. But it feels real and worthwhile. Imagination :!: Who would have thought?
This process immediately made the noticing training more substantial, more real. I am also getting some fleeting but clear hypnagogic images as I did before.
Any suggestions or comments? :arrow:

I will start to read LD posts here and on AP to hit it from that end too. I remember my dreams pretty easily but I am not lucid in them.
Shenlord

Postby Shenlord » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:51 pm

"quote from Frank on an AP sticky
Okay, so the main reason why I’m telling you all this, is because it doesn’t matter a fig if you give yourself a running commentary or not. What we are engaged in here is an act of switching focus… not… quieting the mind! In the post you were looking for, I would have said (as I have said a number of times on this forum) I cannot understand where the idea came from that your mind should be “empty” for this to work. Because my own mind is far from quiet, and far from empty. I can hold a totally quiet mind if I wish to. I simply close my eyes, look out into the blackness and think of nothing. And guess what happens? Nothing!

Very different point of view from all the "stilling the mind is a prerequisite" school of thought I like that. I find that when things are working for me, I am in a state of bliss and delight, not a blank dissociated place.
Shenlord

Postby Xanth » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Shenlord wrote:"quote from Frank on an AP sticky
Okay, so the main reason why I’m telling you all this, is because it doesn’t matter a fig if you give yourself a running commentary or not. What we are engaged in here is an act of switching focus… not… quieting the mind! In the post you were looking for, I would have said (as I have said a number of times on this forum) I cannot understand where the idea came from that your mind should be “empty” for this to work. Because my own mind is far from quiet, and far from empty. I can hold a totally quiet mind if I wish to. I simply close my eyes, look out into the blackness and think of nothing. And guess what happens? Nothing!

Very different point of view from all the "stilling the mind is a prerequisite" school of thought I like that. I find that when things are working for me, I am in a state of bliss and delight, not a blank dissociated place.

This I can comment on quickly...

YES. EXACTLY. Unless your specific goal is clearing your mind then there's no point where this is ever actually the case.
You can begin to appreciate now how most people have completely ruined meditation for others, eh? :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Xanth » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 am

Shenlord wrote:Yes I do have a few questions.

What do you think would help me fully phase?

Ok, I read over your post... you sound very much like me. :)
I have issues and get stuck where you are right now too. All the time... or at least back when I was actually practicing.

You ARE doing just fine though. It sounds like you're hanging onto that small thread of your physical senses... so, ideally, right now, you're doing everything right.
The transition place you're talking about is *JUST ABOUT* there. It's kind of like the Vibrations... they're a signpost that reads, "You're doing great! Keep it up! Keep focusing more within".
So, honestly... all you need to do is just continue turning your awareness within yourself. Keep moving it further away from everything physical.

Shenlord wrote:I have been doing the Gateway waves, but definitely not like Frank, only getting a pleasant relaxation. Could this kind of elaborate imagery be a useful boon to my AP effort? (I will make some experiments.)

You certainly don't need to get as detailed as Frank, no. There's a fine balance you want to strike between you creating too much detail and not enough detail.
Too much detail and you run the risk of just creating everything yourself... or projecting into a dream awareness at which point isn't a total loss because you can still gain a lucid or astral awareness.
But if you don't do enough detail, the scene you're creating won't "capture" your awareness. What you're aiming for is a scene which isn't totally created by you, but will eventually start to take on a life of its own and will fill in its own blanks.

:?: I am wondering if my assumptions about the process are incomplete. My primary assumption is that if I am fully relaxed and gradually fully focus away from the body and into my consciousness, the phase shift is eventually an automatic process. Any thought?

That's the only way the process works.
You can't force this to happen... it's an automatic process which you trigger by (using your words) gradually fully focusing away from the body... or as I say: Turning within, away from everything physical. :)

The difference between allowing it to happen and trying to force it is a subtle one. It's the difference between FALLING off a cliff and JUMPING off a cliff. Do you understand that difference? Once is an act done to you, one is done by you.

Am I missing a fundamental piece?

Just what I state above, that you can't force this, you have to ALLOW yourself to project.

:?: Or perhaps I am imagining that I am achieving states - like meditation - but need to enter them more fully and deeply.
:?: Perhaps my consciousness simply needs more time settling into the required conditions.
Any thoughts on this?

Nope, you're doing just fine. You just need to continue that act of focusing within. It's a continual process.

It looks on the surface as if I am doing the recommended processes, devoting time and energy,...
:?: But what is not letting my consciousness shift to NPR more freely?

Because it sounds like you think there's something you must do... when, in fact, it's the opposite. You just need to let go completely of the process. :)

You frequently talk of the "penny dropping" for you after an extended period. You say that the essence of achieving success is to fully focus the consciousness away from the body. - whether it is on the black space before the eyes, or a rundown exercise etc:?: Any advice here?

Well, let me ask you what you this... can you tell me what "focusing within" means to you? Because that's entirely the name of this particular game. It's about focusing completely away from the physical.
You have 5 physical senses... and these senses LOCK YOU (albeit loosely) to this physical reality. When you fall asleep at night, you ALLOW yourself to fall asleep... and in doing so you loosen that lock this physical reality has upon your consciousness and it's then able to phase naturally.

I realize most of these questions need to be answered by me but I would very much welcome your ideas and feedback.

It's kind of a chicken and egg scenario...
This is all about understanding the process, but at the same time, you need to project in order to figure out the process to understand. LoL :)

Just keep in mind that you're doing just fine.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Shenlord » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:28 pm

Thanks for answering. I'm getting the gist of what you are saying: relax, allow, focus away from the physical, turn your awareness within yourself,you're doing fine. I'm very comfortable with that.
Last edited by Shenlord on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenlord

Postby Xanth » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:09 pm

I only have a second... but, don't get confused regarding the breath awareness you speak about above.
It's not a preliminary thing to do... you can focus on an aspect of your physical body in order to project.
The point is to use whatever you choose to focus on and focus on it to the exclusion of everything else.

You can mostly definitely use your breath to focus on in order to project. It doesn't matter what you choose to focus on, as long as you can focus on it to push away everything else. :)
This goes for things like that ringing in your ears... you can use that just fine. It's a common misconception that you can't use the physical body to focus upon in order to project... and honestly, it's one that even I used to share as well... I've recently within the last little while figured out that it doesn't matter what you focus on as long as you can do it to the exclusion of everything else.

I hope that doesn't confuse you too much more. LoL :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Next

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy