Shared Dream Experiment

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Shared Dream Experiment

Postby Methiculous » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:45 pm

I've heard stories of shared dreams or mutual lucid dreams.
In other words: you meet someone in a lucid dream (or even a regular dream) that exists in reality and then you can discuss what you both experienced and corroborate, and verify it with each other.

My hypothesis is that it's not possible, but I would love to be proved wrong.

What a better place to try and test this?
And no matter what happens, this will be fun, and gives us lucid dreamers something to do in our dreams beyond the normal self indulgence (speaking for myself :oops: ), and share it with others for the fun of it. We might get some crazy, funny stories at the very least!
:lol:

STEP 1: Pick a person or people on this website.
(Make sure they live and sleep in the same time zone, so you both are sleeping and dreaming at the same time)

STEP 2: This is the hard part. Then when you are lucid, meet them in the dream. It doesn't matter if you only know the person's username and/or avatar picture. That should be enough to make a connection. Your actual name and face are irrelevant when it comes to dreams. If all you know is their username and avatar picture shouldn't that be real enough to you and be the name and face you use to conjure them? And you should meet the same personality and spirit of them no matter what they ACTUALLY look like?
(Some people have a hard time meeting dream characters, and there are helpful techniques I have and many others I bet... so feel free to ask.)

Simply say, 'Hello." A conversation usually starts from there. If you want to ask a specific question all the better. Or do a specific task with them it is up to you. I can't tell anybody what to choose to do, because that would ruin the whole experiment. (Or if there are suggestions, we can help improve on this idea).

STEP 3: Wake up and write it down however it went. Then share it here, describing it, using the other person's username and see how they respond. Maybe they agree and remember the dream the same way. Maybe not.

Warning:
I know this is not completely scientific and nobody should take the results seriously. Some people in this world, (not here of course :? ), tend to lie for the fun of it. You never know who will join this site in the future, so just keep that in mind.
Last edited by Methiculous on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Shared Dream Experiment

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby Methiculous » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:51 pm

I'll go first.

My name is Michael Scannell (as you have so brilliantly ascertained....). I live on the East Coast of Canada (same time zone as New York). I tend to sleep between 12:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. (give or take an hour).

I am eager to try, and don't expect too much, but I think it would be fun regardless.
There might be some funny stories to tell at the very least!
Methiculous

Postby Xanth » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:16 pm

My only problem is that I never like to say something "is not possible".
I've read of many stories where such has been done...

Most notably being the story that Tom Campbell tells about himself and Dennis Mennerich.

I'm certain it's possible, I've just never done or experienced it myself.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:10 am

I was gonna mention the same story from Tom Campbell that Xanth did.

What's funny about their story is that after they heard the recordings of what they were describing, they were so amazed with how in sync they were with each other that they trying to think of alternative reasons such as, maybe they were reading each others' mind. Monroe had to point out to them that they were using reasoning with a phenomena that was just as incredible. :lol:

So yeah, not only is it completely possible IMO, it's already been done. I know that I make some incredible claims that I believe in but I have a number of validations and other experiences that do not fit into the realm of normal that I no longer feel the need to make disclaimer statements.

I believe what I believe because I know what I have seen and experienced. There will always be people that will make stuff up and many will do so just so they can laugh after they tell you how stupid you are for believing something they made up. Well the only thing they made up was their particular experience, not the phenomena itself. :)
astralzombie

Postby Sinera » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:22 am

3 years ago, over at the Astral Dynamics forum, we had an interesting experiment going on with non-lucid dreaming and dream telepathy. S.o. was sending a sign (visually) and the others were concentrating on it and trying to spot in their dreams. I did a sending once and the results were absolutely astonishing. I might search a link to put it in here.

Repeating it one day would be an interesting alternative experiment next to the one mentioned here. I think it's even easier to do, of course it leaves a lot of interpretation space for the results, by the nature of dreaming, as always.
Sinera

Postby Szaxx » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:24 am

I suppose dragging your brother into the RTZ and then walking a mile or so doesn't count?
I'd have to think if anything has occured as mentioned. It's worth the experiment. The time difference can be calculated and used, if not too extreme.
I like the idea.
Szaxx

Postby Methiculous » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:09 pm

I thought more about this:

Possible ways to somehow share a dream:
- ask to meet that person as a dream character and meet them that way
- ask a dream character what (so-and-so) is dreaming of at that very moment
- think of the person and the fact that you want to view their dream, just before opening a door and then step in.
- view a person's dream from a dream-television or other screen
- close your eyes and will yourself to teleport to the intended dreamer's mind
(I've never done this before, so I don't know the best method)

After you felt you are sharing a dream with someone:
- simply take note of all you see and experience
- if you feel like you are actually talking to the person, come up with a code word or a number for you both to recall after awakening
(Or come up with your own way to verify it)

And a good way to verify it is if the two people involved in the shared dream, share their experiences with a third party through a Personal Message. Then the third party can copy and paste the two here for all to see. It would make it more indisputable, which is important if you want to take this seriously.

And we won't get results overnight. This can be an on-going exercise if anyone happens to try it in the upcoming months.

And if it doesn't work for anybody, it DOESN'T prove that it is impossible.
However, if it DOES work, that may just prove that it IS possible.
Methiculous

Postby ChopstickFox » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:33 pm

I've tried to meet up with limited success. Not enough to prove one way or another. Once the experience was similar, but different interpretations. Personally I don't think that "time" would matter much per say. I see a friend of mine sometimes, even while aware I am asleep. It's not like she can confidently confirm the meeting, but who's to say what means what? Once I saw Bedeekin. I stepped out of my dream to chat with him because I saw him then went back to the dream. Actually, I think that happened a few times. haha!

If anyone sees me, let me know! I'm curious what I'll do! xD If you wanna know when I sleep, between 12am-8am eastern.

Oh, and my dog in China would give periodic visits to members, too :3 Well, a particular member.
ChopstickFox

Postby Sinera » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:24 am

for starters, I'd really propose a very simple version, like we did back then (see above):

just send a symbol visually to the group, the ones who agree to receive it, and they report back, then do the analysis, maybe you even get a direct hit, or sth very near (I had)

also I think that time is very different (or "non existant") in NPMR (astral/dream-land) than in the physical, so there is no need to sleep "simultaneously", it's just not necessary, it will work without complicating it by trying to coordinate sleep periods, it's a baggage that we would not need in such an experiment at all
Sinera

Postby Szaxx » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:57 am

Id agree with the time thing if non RTZ based.
Lets face it, some of my dreams occur a while later.
Szaxx

Postby Methiculous » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:36 pm

OK. Forget time zones and sleep schedules.

I once tried to do a similar experiment, where we all came up with a number between 1-100 and we would try to guess each other's numbers in a dream. (By asking people in the dream or whatever method). I thought it wouldn't matter if we were asleep at the same time or not, because once it is in your subconscious it is there and accessible to anyone with telepathy. Right?

I was unsuccessful. But still doesn't prove it wrong.
I take back the title of this. Don't think of it as an experiment... more of an exercise or fun activity for those willing. (It's impolite to enter someone else's dream without permission... :P )

Even if I just call out and demand to meet one of you guys in my lucid dream, (which works well for me whenever I want to meet someone in a lucid dream), it may not be YOU or anything, but it would be an interesting story to tell. It might show more of how I view you and what you think of me subconsciously, more than anything else. The dream character may say something completely ridiculous or provide a wise statement. I'm eager to see what I do in your dreams!

And I'll try summoning one of you. (It may take a week or two because sometimes I get a lucid dream and totally forget what I was intending to do. But after a week or so, the seed gets planted and it's easier to remember.)

I'm not trying to prove anything anymore... just having fun!
Methiculous

Postby CFTraveler » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm no good at numbers, can't seem to retain them. Names are better, if I have a pen at my bedside. But I love these exercises, I'm in.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Methiculous » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm curious to see what I do in your dreams. :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:
Methiculous

Postby ChopstickFox » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:55 am

This may be related, but most likely not, but I don't usually remember names in dreams. After reading this post before going to bed, I had some names thrown at me.

First off, my identity changed. Through a turn of events in the dream narrative, I was turned into a teenage boy with no waking memories or memories from what happened previously in the dream. However I met characters that knew what happened before the memory "wipe" and their comments confused me. At the same time, completely separate, I was lucidly aware that I was dreaming and what was going on, complete with my waking memories.

As the boy, I knew my name to be Joseph. For some reason I just knew that... Or maybe Josh/Joshua. Crap. Told you I was bad with remembering names. There was a girl definitely named Molly. Also, another person was Matthew. Definitely. As I was watching what was transpiring, my lucid side was watching entertained, thinking about how it would be an interesting storyline for a book. I actually at one point decided I wanted to look at the book's cover (regardless of the fact that it wasn't written yet). So, I had the book and read the back of it. My name came up, as well as an interesting variation of it. The spelling was weird so I can't quite remember. Maybe Kairen or Kaeran or something. Like usual when I read it, I remembered the fact that it was interesting and made sense, but instantly forgot what I read. At one point, because of all the names, I thought of this post on here and wondered if it was just coincidence all the names were popping up. That's when my lucid side focused on repeating/remembering the names while non lucid me continued the storyline.

I'm not really expecting anything, but it was interesting regardless.
ChopstickFox

Postby Methiculous » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:24 pm

So it's like you went to sleep with the intent of remembering our names in order to accomplish this?
And then the dream was all about names....
Methiculous

Postby ChopstickFox » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:42 am

I honestly can't really get myself to do anything intentionally, including going out of body. But I don't ignore something out of the ordinary if it happens. Coincidence: after reading this thread, characters I came across had names. Like I said, I'm not expecting anything, and of course even if a name matched, they are common names so it would highly be coincidence even if it did match. But I couldn't help but share.

I guess I'm no good at following directions... :)

But let me know if any of the names matched what you were "sending off" or whatever.
ChopstickFox

Postby ChopstickFox » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:44 am

CFTraveler wrote:I'm no good at numbers, can't seem to retain them. Names are better, if I have a pen at my bedside. But I love these exercises, I'm in.

Oh, this is what I meant and only now I connected that we weren't trying to do it with names. Ha....
ChopstickFox

Postby Szaxx » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:05 am

Hi K,
Try and wake up slowly after the dreams/NP experiences.
Easy to say, I know. Your memory of them will be far greater. Moreso if you manage to come back to the physical with them in mind. Later in the day they'll become prominent once triggered.
You'll be able to remember more than watching a film by comparison.

MS, as an experiment, try and send me a name. Don't worry about the dreamstate, I recieve info constantly from wherever. If it is strong or repeats, I'll post in my journal.
I like the idea of this.
Szaxx

Postby Methiculous » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:07 pm

I could have swore I wrote a message yesterday, but i guess it didn't send.

I do have a name in mind and it carries a lot of meaning, and has been on my subconscious a lot in the past few days. It's not a common name, and different than most, but then again, who am I talking too.... SZAXX?!
Methiculous

Postby Szaxx » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:53 am

You did post a reply,
Kirsty is the helper and two names came up.( they appeared to come from a list and there's a few at the top you've done away with)
Stryker and Magellan. A third one unclear exists and has the feel of a film or book character. I was struggling to get the name as it had a strange spelling problem. When I woke It was lost. Maybe later It will be triggered.
Anything related here?
Szaxx

Next

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions