Samwise's plan

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

Samwise's plan

Postby Samwise » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:12 am

Hi peeps, I heard of this really great sounding initiative via a fb post from Xanth...I have Xanth's excellent phasing primer doc and really like his simple, clear, no nonsense approach. His and others' willingness to assist other beginner projectors really resonated with me...shows me that y'all are the real deal! ;) So to be honest I was highly intrigued and would be very interested to pick the brains of those more experienced in this area than I.

I am newcomer to these forums and have seen lots of interesting threads and info on techniques and other things, so I will be very sure to have a good trawl through and assimilate all this good info! Is great to be here.

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.

I've read a number of books on projection and have been fascinated with it for some time. I've also been on an OBE and lucid dreaming retreat and attended the IAC's CDP course, both of which were enriching experiences. My mum happens to be a naturally gifted projector and has had numerous spontaneous experiences, that prior to use both attending the IAC course, used to terrify her, but no longer.

Using phasing and the target techniques, and doing the IAC's VELO technique before bed, I've had a number of interesting experiences. My dream life has expanded and deepened; dreams are more vivid and I recall more details. At times they have taken on precognitive or deeply intuitive aspects. Having used the target technique prior to bed, one time I woke up in my same bed, but I had been transported to somewhere else. I was not fully lucid, however this dream really stood out as I experienced it almost as soon as I fell asleep (most of my dreams come nearer to waking or later on in the night). Another time, having used my family home as my target, I fell asleep and had an incredibly vivid dream of my being there, only things were a bit different and a few people from my past were there. Weirdly, at around the same time as I think I had this dream, my mum said the digs at home started barking and acting up during the night for no obvious reason, and she even text me the next morning to ask me what I'd been up the night before. I recall one time having used the phasing technique, I was in a very deeply relaxed state, and felt the sensation a few times, of very physically slamming back into my body! This was experienced as a very physical feeling. I cannot recall being "out" but definitely seemed to sense myself going back "in".

Last year, a friend's father died, this friend is one of my sister's very best friends. While we were on good terms, the father and I, I can't say we were close in any way, I'd only met him a few times. I had been actively practicing the IAC'S VELO and phasing techniques quite regularly around this time, and one night (a few nights after he had died) I had a very unusual and vivid dream. In the dream I was in the living room of my family home, and this man was lying on the sofa. He seemed dazed, confused, drunk, not fully aware of where he was or what was going on. I instinctively felt the need to comfort and reassure him, I placed my hand on his forehead and told him that both he and his family would be fine. My sister told our friend this, and my friend said my description describes very well how he was the week before he died (maybe not that strange). This was a really unusual dream though, in both its feel (very clear and very vivid, I can still recall it well now years after the event which is quite unusual) and content of the dream was unusual as well.

Around new years time I had two interesting experiences within a few days of each other...I had a vivid dream of projecting from my dream body. I rose up out of my body in the dream three times I think, but one time I rose up and floated out of a window in a room above me (the dream room was a rough doppelganger of my room which was interesting). I floated up and out through the glass of the window, which was interesting as in many of my lucid dreams, things appear very solid and "real" to my senses.

The other experience was of my first profound experience of what I believe was the vibrational state. I was sleep deprived after a recent party, and had drunk a few beers that night so wasn't expecting much. But I was doing some deep breathing and full body relaxation to some binaural beats, and very suddenly it felt like my head had been plugged into a very high voltage line, but without any pain or discomfort...but a surprisingly physical, electric feeling. I relaxed into it, and the intensity lessened, and something tangibly floated off and up from my lying body, but whatever it was, my conscious awareness remained with me. Not had an experience remotely like this before or since (yet).

I've had two memorable lucid dream conversion attempts...in one I became aware I was dreaming back in my bedroom from my younger days (I did have a very brief spontaneous OBE, or the start of one in this same bed). I remember feeling the windowsill in the room and noting how solid and real it felt, although I knew it was a dream. I lay on the bed and made the mental declaration "I wish to have a fully conscious out of body experience" and I recall feeling weird and experiencing some mild visual phenomena, but that was it. In a more interesting experience, I was flying in a dream over some fields. I suddenly became aware I was dreaming without any particular trigger, just a knowing. I stated "I wish to have a fully conscious out of body experience" and at that the flying dream imploded into blackness. I reemerged (not sure I was still lucid) in a London hotel room on an OBE course, talking to OBE author/teacher Graham Nicholls (had been reading his book and we had Skyped a little while before).

I had an interesting experience on an OBE retreat, having woken at 4AM and having gone back to bed, my astral/energy arm seemed to detach from my physical arm...it was an interesting physical sensation, almost like cramping slightly, it felt rigid like it was first time using it in some way...but I'm pretty sure I caught...for a split second...the sight of my fist, but made of light, from beneath my eye shades.

My most significant experience came post the IAC course. This experience came right after the IAC's four day CDP course, which I did with my mum (she naturally projects at times) When the course finished we went home on the train, quite a journey, and we didn't get home till 1AM. Ordinarily a long journey (especially on the train, for me) and getting back so late would have been tiring, but we were both charged up and very much awake (lots of deep relaxation and energy work time on the IAC course). Stranger still, we shared a bottle of wine on the way back, and this given the time should have put us in a relaxed stupor...but it hardly touched the sides. I couldn't get to sleep until around 2:30 or so because I felt so awake. Sometime soon after falling into a light sleep, I experienced a very vivid dream, absolutely life like in detail and clarity, and just the coherent if strange unfolding of it.

In it my mum and I were driving in a car down winding country roads late at night, it was raining heavily and pitch black bar the car headlights. As we were turning a sharp corner, I noticed a brick wall by the side of the road, and suddenly the car rapidly sped up and went out of control...as it did so, in the dream, I felt a very tangible sensation of rapid acceleration forwards...a very real, physical feeling! I have never experienced such a sensation in a dream ever before, it was a lot like a roller coaster. The car spun out of control and was heading straight for this brick wall...at the speed we were going it felt like death was imminent...my mum and I held hands as we hit, but as we hit this wall, we "broke on through to the other side", and to a completely different realm. It was light on the other side of the wall, a kind of soft twilight, and a nature based setting, and I recall seeing this big beautiful sunset...but on closer inspection I realised it was not a sun at all, but a huge gas planet like Jupiter! An experience of incredible clarity, and didn't seem to be random and surreal in the way a dream is, and one I can still recall clearly...seemed to symbolise some kind of death/rebirth experience? Maybe I'm projecting on that projection.. I spoke to one of the IAC instructors about this and he thought it was a projection experience of low lucidity (as I wasn't aware it was a projection as it was happening, but it felt very distinct to any dream I've ever had).

So these are some of my highlight experiences to date...I think I may have been close, a few times. Do any of these experiences meet the criteria for an OBE in the mind of any experienced peeps here? The experience following the IAC course felt *very* close.

2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?

I think projection is an experience of consciousness and an experience of consciousness exploration, possibly of finer multi-dimensions that reside inside. I don't want to have too many expectations of what I think it could be...I want to experience it first hand and make up my own mind.

3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?

I've mainly used the phasing method, as well as the target technique in combination with deep breathing and full body relaxation, often in combination with binaurals/Hemi-Sync. Also the rope and floating techniques. I have only really attempted this prior to sleep/bed time, which I've come to realise may definitely not be the best time for attempting projections, at least when starting out.

4. How long have you been attempting them for?

So I haven't been as consistent as I need to, but I have been applying OBE techniques, on and off, since around the beginning of 2014.

5. What kind of goals do you have for learning Projection? You can be general or specific.

I guess I'm mainly just curious. It sounds like an amazing, positive and potentially life changing experience that I would to experience first hand. Many projectors...even those coming from a skeptical or scientific background...seem to lose their fear of death with experience of projectors, and come to an adamant conclusion that we continue to exist after physical death. This view is very intriguing to me, as in my mind...in life...there is perhaps no greater thing that one can conquer than death, or rather the fear of it. I think knowing this, rather than blindly hoping or believing, could have a significant and positive impact on one's life and their priorities in living it. I am also open to assisting other consciousness, if I can be of use of such things are indeed possible.

It would be great to know how I can maximise my chances. I'm currently in Ethiopia on fieldwork but return to the UK in a few weeks. My plan is to get a comfy reclining chair and line it with memory foam (I've heard from a number of projectors that using one's bed may not be the best idea as we are subconsciously programmed to fall asleep/lose awareness in it, when in fact we want to maintain awareness as our physical body falls asleep). I plan on having early nights and waking at 4/4:30, and moving from my bed to my reclining chair and attempting projection from there. I will also be doing a daily practice of meditation and pranayama, exercising and eating well. I have a number of OBE and lucid dream books I'm reading and still to read, so hopefully this will assist in programming my mind a bit.

Wondering if the more experienced projectors could chime in with their opinion...does this sound like a good(ish) plan?? Anything else people would recommend I do? I understand meditation is recommended here as part of basic projection training. Is the type of meditation a factor? Or is any mindfulness type meditation that uses breath/object/internal mantra ok in people's view here??

I also need to be more consistent I think in terms of my projection techniques, I think I need to find a technique to focus on and concentrate on that for some time. I like the idea of phasing, so will stick to this I think, and I may try the rocking technique I've recently heard about, I like the sound of this, and at my family home I have a rocking chair so I can use this with eyes closed prior to projection attempts that night to keep the sensation in mind.

Anyway, apologies for the essay!! I will be sure to do some reading around the forums. Any input from anybody would of course be much appreciated. I'm in Ethiopia currently but returning to the UK in a few weeks where and when I will be practicing in earnest...not so easy here what with all the potentially malarial mosquitoes descending upon you at all hours of the night (and believe me I've tried!). :)
Last edited by Samwise on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Samwise

Samwise's plan

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Samwise's plan

Postby Xanth » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:29 am

Heya Samwise!

Just so you know that we aren't ignoring you, I (or someone else! hehe) will provide a response to your post tonight! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:03 pm

A good read provided Sam lol.
It mat be that your mum is helping too, you do seem quite connected.
A bonus of sorts.
The main points to note are dedication is required and the ability to only use what fits with you from the things you've read.
Focus is important too as you'll find out in the lessons.
Once you can obtain a good level of focus then use intent, the results will speak for themselves.
Szaxx

Postby Samwise » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:51 am

Hey guys, thanks for getting back to me, and yeah apologies for all the wordage!! Went on a bit of a word ramble there.

I get the importance of dedication and focus. I guess I'm still haven't figured out which technique(s) to focus upon, I think it will be easier to focus when I find one for me that clicks. Or maybe I should simply stick to the phasing techniques like the noticing exercise and go from there as I do seem to be making progress. I think the target technique may be a good one to for me, but not sure. When employing techniques, is it best to stick with one for a good while and be consistent with it, or can one mix things up and alternative a few techniques, to keep things a bit varied?

Say, for example, using the target technique (maybe with some affirmations) when falling asleep at bed time, then getting up later in the night after a few sleep cycles and using the phasing techniques such as the noticing exercise?

My main aim is to experience an OBE from waking consciousness if I can...I have a feeling this may be a clearer experience than a lucid dream-OBE conversion (at least with experience from my attempts at this in mind so far).

So to maximise my chances, does going to bed early and waking up at 4AM and getting out of bed and into a reclining chair to practice phasing exercises (as per the Phasing Primer descriptions) sound like a good idea to boost my chances?
Samwise

Postby Xanth » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:54 pm

Samwise wrote:1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.

I've read a number of books on projection and have been fascinated with it for some time. I've also been on an OBE and lucid dreaming retreat and attended the IAC's CDP course, both of which were enriching experiences. My mum happens to be a naturally gifted projector and has had numerous spontaneous experiences, that prior to use both attending the IAC course, used to terrify her, but no longer.

Using phasing and the target techniques, and doing the IAC's VELO technique before bed, I've had a number of interesting experiences. My dream life has expanded and deepened; dreams are more vivid and I recall more details. At times they have taken on precognitive or deeply intuitive aspects. Having used the target technique prior to bed, one time I woke up in my same bed, but I had been transported to somewhere else. I was not fully lucid, however this dream really stood out as I experienced it almost as soon as I fell asleep (most of my dreams come nearer to waking or later on in the night). Another time, having used my family home as my target, I fell asleep and had an incredibly vivid dream of my being there, only things were a bit different and a few people from my past were there. Weirdly, at around the same time as I think I had this dream, my mum said the digs at home started barking and acting up during the night for no obvious reason, and she even text me the next morning to ask me what I'd been up the night before. I recall one time having used the phasing technique, I was in a very deeply relaxed state, and felt the sensation a few times, of very physically slamming back into my body! This was experienced as a very physical feeling. I cannot recall being "out" but definitely seemed to sense myself going back "in".

Last year, a friend's father died, this friend is one of my sister's very best friends. While were on good terms, the father and I, I can't say we were close in any way. I had been practicing the IAC's VELO technique and phasing quite regularly around this time, and one night (a few nights after he had died) I had a very unusual and vivid dream. In the dream I was in the living room of my family home, and this man was on the sofa. He seemed dazed, confused, drunk, not fully aware of where he was or what was going on. I instinctively fell the need to comfort and reassure him, I told him and his family would be fine. My sister told our friend this, and my friend said my description describes very well how he was the week before he died (maybe not that strange), but this experience was very atypical for a dream, although can't say I was lucid.

Around new years time I had two interesting experiences within a few days of each other...I had a vivid dream of projecting from my dream body. I rose up out of my body in the dream three times I think, but one time I rose up and floated out of a window in a room above me (the dream room was a rough doppelganger of my room which was interesting). I floated up and out through the glass of the window, which was interesting as in many of my lucid dreams, things appear very solid and "real" to my senses.

The other experience was of my first profound experience of what I believe was the vibrational state. I was sleep deprived after a recent party, and had drunk a few beers that night so wasn't expecting much. But I was doing some deep breathing and full body relaxation to some binaural beats, and very suddenly it felt like my head had been plugged into a very high voltage line, but without any pain or discomfort...but a surprisingly physical, electric feeling. I relaxed into it, and the intensity lessened, and something tangibly floated off and up from my lying body, but whatever it was, my conscious awareness remained with me. Not had an experience remotely like this before or since (yet).

I've had two memorable lucid dream conversion attempts...in one I became aware I was dreaming back in my bedroom from my younger days (I did have a very brief spontaneous OBE, or the start of one in this same bed). I remember feeling the windowsill in the room and noting how solid and real it felt, although I knew it was a dream. I lay on the bed and made the mental declaration "I wish to have a fully conscious out of body experience" and I recall feeling weird and experiencing some mild visual phenomena, but that was it. In a more interesting experience, I was flying in a dream over some fields. I suddenly became aware I was dreaming without any particular trigger, just a knowing. I stated "I wish to have a fully conscious out of body experience" and at that the flying dream imploded into blackness. I reemerged (not sure I was still lucid) in a London hotel room on an OBE course, talking to OBE author/teacher Graham Nicholls (had been reading his book and we had Skyped a little while before).

I had an interesting experience on an OBE retreat, having woken at 4AM and having gone back to bed, my astral/energy arm seemed to detach from my physical arm...it was an interesting physical sensation, almost like cramping slightly, it felt rigid like it was first time using it in some way...but I'm pretty sure I caught...for a split second...the sight of my fist, but made of light, from beneath my eye shades.

My most significant experience came post the IAC course. After the four day course, my mum and I went home on the train, quite a journey, and we didn't get home till 1 in the morn. Ordinarily a long journey and getting back so late would have been tiring, but we were both charged up and very much awake (lots of deep relaxation and energy work time on the IAC course). Stranger still, we shared a bottle of wine on the way back, and this given the time should have put us in a relaxed stupor...but it hardly touched the sides. I couldn't get to sleep until around 2:30 or so because I felt so awake. Sometime soon after falling asleep, I experienced a *very* vivid dream, absolutely life like in detail and clarity. In it my mum and I were driving in a car down bendy country roads late at night, it was pitch black bar the car headlights. As we were turning a sharp corner, I noticed a brick wall by the side of the road, and suddenly the car rapidly sped up and went out of control...as it did so, in the dream, I felt a *very* tangible sensation of rapid acceleration...a very real, physical feeling! I have never experienced such a sensation in a dream ever before. The car spun out of control and was heading straight for this brick wall...at the speed we were going it felt like death was imminent...my mum and I held hands as we hit, but as we hit this wall, we "broke on through to the other side", and to a completely different realm. It was light on the other side of the wall, and I recall seeing this big beautiful sunset...but on closer inspection I realised it was not a sun at all, but a huge gas planet like Jupiter. An experience of incredible clarity, and didn't seem to be random and surreal in the way a dream is...seemed to symbolise some kind of death/rebirth experience? Had another brief near-OBE, while hungover, again my mum was in the dream, I was in some kind of trade show/market place, our eyes met and she smiled but it was very clear to me somehow that she did not recognise me as her son...at that I became lucid and demanded to have an OBE...again there was a feeling of acceleration, nothing like as intense this time, and I flew down a corridor at very high speed, but at that the dream kind of spun out of control and I lost it.

So these are some of my highlight experiences to date...I think I may have been close, a few times. Do any of these experiences meet the criteria for an OBE in the mind of any experienced peeps here? The experience following the IAC course felt *very* close.

You already have an incredible range of experience! The thing with your friends' father is very interesting indeed. Very well handled as well.

Personally speaking, I don't believe what we call 'dreams' actually exist. To start with, I view this physical reality as nothing more than just another "dream". It's more stable than a dream in that when we fall asleep and wake up, this physical reality doesn't change much. That's because you're only one of an almost infinite number of consciousnesses existing here, creating this reality. This keeps it stable.

So then if this physical reality is really just a kind of "stable dream"... then what is a "dream"? It's just an experience you're having in a reality that isn't this physical reality. That's all. The most notable aspect is that it's an experience you're having in a reality which isn't this physical reality, EXCEPT you don't realize this.
So then what is a "projection"? A projection is that same thing, EXCEPT you DO realize it.

Lucid Dream... Astral Projection... OBE... Shamanic whatever... Remote Viewing... they're all just different "beliefs" and "labels" for the same thing. This is what drives people absolutely crazy about all this stuff. It drove ME crazy for the better part of a decade. :)

2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?

I think projection is an experience of consciousness and an experience of consciousness exploration, possibly of finer multi-dimensions that reside inside. I don't want to have too many expectations of what I think it could be...I want to experience it first hand and make up my own mind.

Excellent. :)

It would be great to know how I can maximise my chances. I'm currently in Ethiopia on fieldwork but return to the UK in a few weeks. My plan is to get a comfy reclining chair and line it with memory foam (I've heard from a number of projectors that using one's bed may not be the best idea as we are subconsciously programmed to fall asleep/lose awareness in it, when in fact we want to maintain awareness as our physical body falls asleep). I plan on having early nights and waking at 4/4:30, and moving from my bed to my reclining chair and attempting projection from there. I will also be doing a daily practice of meditation and pranayama, exercising and eating well. I have a number of OBE and lucid dream books I'm reading and still to read, so hopefully this will assist in programming my mind a bit.

Well it doesn't need to be memory foam, but yes, projecting in a place other than the bed which you sleep in is probably a good idea. A recliner is also a good idea too, I use one from time to time. :)

Wondering if the more experienced projectors could chime in with their opinion...does this sound like a good(ish) plan?? Anything else people would recommend I do? I understand meditation is recommended here as part of basic projection training. Is the type of meditation a factor? Or is any mindfulness type meditation that uses breath/object/internal mantra ok in people's view here??

Learning to meditate is like building the foundation on your house. You don't put the walls up or the roof on BEFORE building the foundation. A strong foundation helps in all aspects of your spirituality.

It's all about learning to focus. Then it's about learning to hold that focus for extended periods of time. What you NEED to do is to find out what your focus is going to be.

I also need to be more consistent I think in terms of my projection techniques, I think I need to find a technique to focus on and concentrate on that for some time. I like the idea of phasing, so will stick to this I think, and I may try the rocking technique I've recently heard about, I like the sound of this, and at my family home I have a rocking chair so I can use this with eyes closed prior to projection attempts that night to keep the sensation in mind.

That's the misconception. You don't need to find a technique to focus on... you need to find a FOCUS to focus on. :)

Read this: http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/ ... technique/

Anyway, apologies for the essay!! I will be sure to do some reading around the forums. Any input from anybody would of course be much appreciated. I'm in Ethiopia currently but returning to the UK in a few weeks where and when I will be practicing in earnest...not so easy here what with all the potentially malarial mosquitoes descending upon you at all hours of the night (and believe me I've tried!). :)

No worries! I'm sure we can help you, you certainly seem like you have the desire and drive for it!

Go through the lessons we have here, if you're able to, and let us know if you have any questions. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Samwise » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:41 am

Hi Xanth, many thanks for the detailed feedback here. Yeah the experience with my friend's dad was strange. I still remember putting my hand on his forehead and the words I spoke to him that night. If that experience was "real" on some level I really hope I helped him in some way.

Interesting to hear your perspectives on dreaming, I think your views resonate a lot with Buddhist thought on the nature of physical reality.

Good to hear the recliner idea is sound, I've a particular one in mind recommended by an experienced OBE retreat organiser with a lot of experience with projections (primarily using the phasing method I think) and sounds good, am looking forward to experimenting with it. This same guy used to attempt projections prior to sleep in bed, and attempted them for a whole year, using the Monroe Gateway series, and did not have one single experienced. Being a persistent guy, he changed methods after this time to waking up during the night and moving to a recliner, and in his first week of attempting this he had two projection experiences. Lining the recliner with memory foam was also his suggestion. Another OBE teacher and author I know thinks that lying in the savasana or corpse posture at floor level *might* be helpful for inducing projections, so the memory foam mattress on the floor would work well for this to I think, and it would be good to experiment between these two positions. It is interesting to me how many experienced projectors recommend practicing somewhere else other than one's bed, and that getting some sleep prior and attempting projection in the early morning hours may both boost chances, so I'm thinking it likely there is something valid to these two strategies...and every little helps, right??

I was wondering if you think practice of these techniques is cumulative over time? As in the the more one practices, does one get better at noticing and the mental rundown exercises? And one you start having successful successful phasing experiences through this techniques, your subconscious is likely to cotton on to the fact you find the exercises valuable and desire the end result...do you think there is anything to this with your experience in mind?

Interesting to hear your views on meditation. I heard very recently that Tom Campbell recommends one focus entirely on their practice of meditation (which kind of technique doesn't matter so much) and that experiences like OBE's and lucid dreams will arise spontaneously the more experience one gains.

I get your point about focus. I do like the phasing method you describe, so may use my internal self behind closed eyelids as my focus as suggested in your Phasing Primer.

Do you think the garden at my family home would be a good place for a focus or for the mental rundown? I only ask at is a special place for me, I know it well and there is a part where I helped build some decking over a large pond, and I dug a fire pit a few meters from this, and it has been a place associated with lots of good times and memories. Not so long ago I had a great and vivid flying dream there...it was a beautiful day and we were having something like a bbq in this spot but we were all flying around in the sunshine. It was a great dream but I think it shows that this place is already in my subconscious.

Anyway, my online time has been very limited here, but I head back to the UK in a week where internet will be much more reliable and I will have more time, so I will be sure to do a lot more reading up on the lessons and around the forums. Thanks for the advice and encouragement so far. :)
Samwise

Postby Xanth » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:22 am

Samwise wrote:Hi Xanth, many thanks for the detailed feedback here. Yeah the experience with my friend's dad was strange. I still remember putting my hand on his forehead and the words I spoke to him that night. If that experience was "real" on some level I really hope I helped him in some way.

This is a trap most people get into... the "real" vs "not real" trap.
Suffice to say that anything you can experience, is "real". Meaning what you experience IS what you experience. It happened to you, so it is real. :)

I'll respond to the rest later when I don't have to actually do work at work... >_< I hate work. LOL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Samwise » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:41 am

Cheers Xanth, I get what you're saying here.

Just a bit of an update on projection progress. I'm back in the UK now and have moved house and am settled in, so will be sure to devote more time to my practice. I've recently ordered a MindPlace Kasina audio-visual mind toy, largely based on your recommendation Xanth, and I look forward to experimenting with that.

Had an interesting experience a week or so ago. Before attempting a projection, I sat in a rocking chair and rocked back and forth with my eyes closed, trying to memorise the sensation. I then got into bed, did some deep breathing relaxation, and when in a deep state of relaxation, I attempted to rock myself out of my bed, using that sensation of rocking (have read that quite a few people's OBE's start with unprovoked rocking sensations, and this technique was highly effective for OBE author Robert Peterson. Surprisingly quickly, in a space of just a few minutes, I reached the vibrational state! Only this time I both felt AND heard it at the same time, this was a new experience to me, and has given me a good morale boost on this quest. Interestingly I'd had a bit to drink this eve, so wasn't really expecting much, I had a little alcohol in my system and a similar mindset the previous time I experienced the vibrational state. Not that I plan on consuming alcohol to try and aid me in projection attempts, but just something I thought was interest as according to most peeps, alcohol and projection are entirely incompatible (and maybe they are, as haven't fully projected yet).
Samwise

Postby Xanth » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:41 am

I'm sure you'll love the Kasina! :)

The rocking thing... yes! Definitely!
I don't know exactly why, but visualizations that include an aspect of "movement" to them seems to trigger the projection reflex better than not using movement.

As for alcohol...
For myself, one or two drinks actually helps focus my mind. Although, anymore than that and it then becomes a detriment to success. LoL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Samwise » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:50 am

I'm glad the rocking/movement practice resonates with you Xanth...I've found it seems to work better if you do for real before practice, it seems to give your imagine a little more power.

So, a very recent development...I had an interesting experience this morning! I had an interesting experience a few months ago. Pre-bed I'd done a little Trakata (yogic candle gazing) meditation, focused on the third eye, while listening to some binaural/isochronic tones. It took me longer than usual to fall asleep, and it was night with lots of dreaming. Despite having had a late night I woke up at around 5, feeling surprisingly awake, so I thought I'd use this time to my advantage.

I did some more third eye meditation while doing some deep relaxation breathing, listening to binaurals while wearing eye shades. I felt deeply relaxed, and had a twinge around my third eye, but nothing else really. After half an hour or so I got bored, and I went back to sleep. This is where things get interesting...as I was falling asleep, I remember sinking into this very heavy, very tired kinda feeling, and I fell directly into a vivid dream. I was dreaming I was in some large circular underground room with concrete walls, kinda like a missile silo, and it was flooded. We were doing a walking-on-water workshop, and while I seemed to expect instant Jesus Christ like results, this was not happening, the laws of physics seemed to be applying and I was walking along the bottom of this indoor pool.

The water started to get really deep, and then it suddenly went over my head. Right then I started to go into a very intense feeling of free fall, down through the pool, which had suddenly become bottomless, into blackness. The rate of this fall was MUCH greater than it could have been in real life, but it felt VERY real at the same time! It was a pretty scary feeling given its intensity when it first came on, and I don't think I'm someone whose feathers are ruffled that easily. Now, at the same time of this free fall sensation, I also became aware of my body lying in my bed...however my body had it arms raised, or they were floating.. My arms were definitely not raised "for real", but again, this felt so real at the time it kinda had me fooled. After this sensation of falling however my flight or fight instinct kicked in very rapidly and brought me out of it...this was very much more vivid and real feeling than any dream. I guess one can learn to make friends with this feeling through experience?

However, and this was really interesting...I found when I was back, I could reignite this same falling sensation, but it was less intense the second time around. I think I lost it though and my alarm went off not long after this. My feeling was that I was in an OBE state but just didn't realise it at the time, as it felt so real. I've experienced a similar sensation before on a what was a very vivid and amazing dream/low lucidity projection experience, but that time it was a powerful feeling of acceleration moving forwards, like being on a roller coaster.

Anyway, two news things from this experience was the awareness of what seemed to be my physical body while this experience was taking place, and being able to reignite this falling sensation a little after the initial free fall sensation. I think I should definitely focus more on techniques in combination with WBTB having already slept. Have ordered a yoga mat too, going to try going to bed, then waking up and moving to this to practice. Going to persevere with the meditation as well, I feel this was a big help. Exciting though, and definitely inspires me to keep up with this and put more energy into it. :)
Samwise

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy