Robert Monroe's Trilogy

Read a good book lately? Want to share it with everyone? Please post your reading suggestions here and perhaps give a review as well!

Robert Monroe's Trilogy

Postby Xanth » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:05 pm

I also, highly suggest, all three books that Robert Monroe (the pioneer!) wrote on the Out of Body Experience.

"Journeys Out of the Body"
"Far Journeys"
& "Ultimate Journey"

In that order.

Although, I do suggest it not be your FIRST book... nor until you have some experiences under your belt first.
You'll get the most out of them at that point.

If you read them before hand, you'll probably want to go back and re-read them later. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Robert Monroe's Trilogy

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Robert Monroe's Trilogy

Postby Bedeekin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:38 pm

"Journeys Out of the Body" was the first book I read on the subject. It was 10 years after my own journeys started.

I am so thankful I led an 'OOBE literature' sheltered life for the first 10 years. It allowed me to have my own experience and thoughts tucked under my belt. The wonderful thing was that I could relate 100% to it. From my first experience to specific settings he found himself in.

I would also recommend Oliver Fox's 'Astral Projection'. It's a gem.
Bedeekin

Postby Majic » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:53 pm

I am so thankful I led an 'OOBE literature' sheltered life for the first 10 years

Same if not longer,It was good to struggle and come to understand as best I could on my own.

I read the books and enjoyed them, dont agree with a lot of the content but do need to read them again. What cant be denied was the ability to phase and putting himself out there with the nature of the books and the years that they were written
Majic

Postby Bedeekin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:58 pm

I haven't read the other 2. I started reading the second one and thought it seemed to be an advert for his Hemisync... that was a long time ago now.. maybe I should read them.

The first one has a sense of innocence and discovery in them... the same goes for Oliver Fox's book.
Bedeekin

Postby Majic » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Worth are read but with out expectation is best.

I have not read Oliver Fox yet so wil get it, I have around 20 or 30 books on LD, astral etc, most have elements of interest but I feel tend to get to where they support a system and thats not what I am interested in. I will read anything and everything as its all food for thougth
Majic

Postby Bedeekin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Fox's accounts are so interesting just because he is a very proper gentleman from the early 1900s... it's written in that era so it has a lovely sense of stiff upper lip Britishness.
Bedeekin

Postby Szaxx » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:04 am

Nyes one should partake in the delights of this author . Perusing the scibed accruments will take your fancy and leave you feeling so gay.
Absolutely spiffing chap. One of societies literal toppers, old bean.
Szaxx

Postby Zagadka » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 pm

I read the Journeys this winter and I really enjoyed it! One night I even found myself wandering with Robert Monroe in a very interesting dream! The only annoying thing is how easy it seemed to be for him to get in this state, to go out and even come back to his body! I really wish to become that fluid in projection! I am not comparing myself, but I want to master this incredible ability to full potential. One thing that I found interesting in his book is the 180 degree rotation technique. I have succesfully done it. Holding to my bed and turning 180 degree and standing up. I found myself in a totaly physical environement, but walls were made of a strange glowing metal and they were strange devices around the house. Robert Monroe is truly an inspiration...
Stand tall and shake the heavens
Zagadka

Postby Jettins » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:44 pm

I think it's a good call to say that a person should wait until they have a few experiences under their belt to get the most out of the Monroe Trilogy.

I read Oliver Fox's book because bedeekin recommended it. The language he uses to describe his experiences is particularly valuable to me.
Jettins

Return to Book Suggestions & Reviews