Remembering Dreams and Projections

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby Xanth » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:26 pm

It’s been proven scientifically that you dream every single night of your life, yet some people wake up each morning and simply can NEVER remember what they experienced while unconscious. Why is that?

Well, your memory works in the same way whether you’re experiencing this physical reality or a non-physical reality. You must have what I call a “base level awareness” in order for you to directly and consciously experience a dream, after you have that, it’s then up to you in order to fully remember it. There are other things you can do upon awakening to lock that memory physically, but that’s a point for another article.

You remember whatever you directly experience. Yet to directly experience a dream, you must first have even the smallest amount of awareness within that dream. Anything less than that base level awareness, and you won’t re-call the dream, because you didn’t consciously experience it.

I’ll explain how it works physically with a comparison event which I think a lot of us have encountered before: Being so drunk you didn’t remember anything from that evening. If you’ve ever been so blind drunk that the next day you didn’t remember anything that happened, it’s not that you didn’t DO things, because obviously you did (I’m sure your friends will tell you every detail! LOL), it’s just that you didn’t have the base level awareness to directly experience it.

Well, the same holds true for your dreams. If you don’t have that base level awareness, then you won’t recall your dreams, because you didn’t directly experience them.
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Remembering Dreams and Projections

Postby Szaxx » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:06 am

Aha, gotcha!
I've never had this level of intoxication.
I rarely drink...
So can you remember how many times you've been this bad?
All those brain cells wasted.
I wonder on a more serious note if excessive drinking causes a poor memory.
It would be interesting to find out if those that abstain have a better overall memory.
Your recall may be affected.
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Well, for me it only happened once... once was more than enough.
From what my friends told me afterwards... I was puking all over this poor person's house. LOL Doh :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Jettins » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:03 pm

I like the: “base level awareness”

I have called this type of awareness passive awareness. It is awareness of the dreaming self. But unlike objective or lucid awareness, passive awareness is the memory of the dream movie the plays in the background and not the memory of the actor. It think’s the first step in becoming aware of the actor.
Jettins

Postby Lionheart » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:12 pm

The thing that always confuses me is why do people want to "project" from a Dream?

If you have become Lucid in said Dream, why not see it through for what it has to show you?

For a number of months now I have been going with the flow per say, when it comes to Lucid Dreaming. I don't change a thing, other than reacting to what is happening in the Dream scenario fully consciously aware. This is the real way to learn more about yourself. There are lessons to be learned or something important to be shown in almost every sequence. I enjoy the adventures and ALLOW them to do what they are going to do. The hardest part is actually staying consciously aware of them for long periods of time. But once again, this gets better with practice! :)

The only reason I can see for wanting to project from a Dream, is to see if you can.
Lionheart

Postby Yohan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Hey Xanth,

Where's the post about the physical things you can do to remember a dream upon waking?

Also Lionheart that is very interesting. Why do you feel like dreams are something to learn about ourselves from? Are they not just random experiences created by our subconscious?

I wish I could @ people lol

Yohan
Yohan

Postby Lionheart » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Dreams, OBEs/AP/Projections, whatever term you wish to use, are all NPR adventures.

We think that Dreams are just from the mind. Well isn't this physical reality as well?

When you begin having LDs almost every night you will see for yourself that there is more going on there then you previously thought. This will reveal itself when you begin keeping a up to date Dream Journal where you can actually log what is going on. After months you go back to these and start to see patterns emerging.

Once again, only you can prove this to and for yourself.

I know Szaxx can add to this. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to this subject.
Lionheart

Postby Yohan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Thanks Lionheart!

Very interesting. I'm still having a hard time having Lucid Dreams. I have been keeping a dream journal for a few months now tho and I do notice some trends. For example in maybe 65% of my dreams I'm in a school. I'm thinking that it has something to do with me gaining so much information as this NPR stuff is brand new to me. Having greater awareness in my dreams will make lessons more apparent and beneficial.

I will keep this in mind when I start having lucid dreams regularly. I wont try to control everything every time. Instead I'll take those opportunities to experience what's happening and learn.

Thanks!

Yohan
Yohan

Postby Lionheart » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Yohan wrote:
I wont try to control everything every time. Instead I'll take those opportunities to experience what's happening and learn.

That's our Human nature coming through. We want to control everything. That's why the "signposts" of the shift scare people so badly. They have absolutely no control, (other than to stop it), over the experience. You have to lie back and learn to trust. Go with the flow. :)
Lionheart

Postby Szaxx » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Dreams studied over the years have seemingly been a representation of the daily routine with various symbolic attributes. This applies to the standard dream where you act out a scene and only view the whole without any interaction.
These however, can reveal details of the personality you've developed. The symbolism depicted within them appears to be UNIVERSAL for everyone. It's a commonality that nobody seems to give a second thought to.
This is where interpretation can let OTHERS tell you about yourself in matters that need addressing you may not be immediately aware of. These matters are also to let you know from a third person perspective that you are successful in your endeavours. Most see this already, the few apprehensive people need this reassurance. Without it they may try to fix something that isn't broken...
The lucid dreams are where you interact with the scene presented, the symbolism here is being directly addressed. The scene still plays out with your interaction affecting the outcome. The interaction is calculated by the 'you' within as in the physical.
Taking this one step further you are in total control with a full waking awareness. You are driving the experience directly with your thoughts. This is the full on concious awareness projection into the non physical.
All are oobe's, all are non physical experiences.

To help recall the experiences, a little more sleep and waking slowly with the memory of the dream in mind works. You may forget it after waking, the memory does return later if something triggers part of the dream. You can then build on this, recalling the events around the triggered memory.
Write them down if it helps you, the journal is a good way to start. You can read this after six hours or so. You'll be amazed at the difference. Write down more each day and eventually you can get 80+% recall.
Szaxx

Postby Yohan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Thanks Lionheart!

Dreams studied over the years have seemingly been a representation of the daily routine with various symbolic attributes. This applies to the standard dream where you act out a scene and only view the whole without any interaction.
These however, can reveal details of the personality you've developed. The symbolism depicted within them appears to be UNIVERSAL for everyone. It's a commonality that nobody seems to give a second thought to.
This is where interpretation can let OTHERS tell you about yourself in matters that need addressing you may not be immediately aware of. These matters are also to let you know from a third person perspective that you are successful in your endeavours. Most see this already, the few apprehensive people need this reassurance. Without it they may try to fix something that isn't broken...
The lucid dreams are where you interact with the scene presented, the symbolism here is being directly addressed. The scene still plays out with your interaction affecting the outcome. The interaction is calculated by the 'you' within as in the physical.
Taking this one step further you are in total control with a full waking awareness. You are driving the experience directly with your thoughts. This is the full on concious awareness projection into the non physical.
All are oobe's, all are non physical experiences.

Thanks this is super interesting. I'll really start paying attention to symbolism in my dreams. I have a hard time deciphering and making sense of dreams sometimes. But I'll look a little bit closer.
Yohan

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions