RELIGION

If you wish to discuss something that isn't directly related to the subject matter of this forum, please post them here!

Re: RELIGION

Postby Fresco » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 am

The Law of Cause and Effect (AKA karma) and Law of Attraction basically go hand in hand. All your thoughts, actions and words you speak have a counter reaction.

If you read Cooper's book 'Our Ultimate Reality' he preaches that you have to be careful what you think and what you do, because there is karma attached to both. I found this out the hard way, I used to engage in a lot of gossip, and over time it came back to haunt me.

Here's another classic example of karma: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bod ... bled=false

But the good news is if you maintain positive thoughts, mostly positive things will start happening in your life. The saying is: "you get what you think of most of the time". This is why the world is in such turmoil, because the majority of people in this world think negatively instead of thinking positively
Fresco

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby Xanth » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:06 am

Fresco wrote:The Law of Cause and Effect (AKA karma) and Law of Attraction basically go hand in hand. All your thoughts, actions and words you speak have a counter reaction.

If you read Cooper's book 'Our Ultimate Reality' he preaches that you have to be careful what you think and what you do, because there is karma attached to both. I found this out the hard way, I used to engage in a lot of gossip, and over time it came back to haunt me.

Here's another classic example of karma: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bod ... bled=false

I'm not big on karma. I see it one of those threats... "do good, or else". LOL

But I do see what you mean, I like to think I'm a relatively positive kind of guy and I think it reflects in my life, or at least as others have told me. hehe

But the good news is if you maintain positive thoughts, mostly positive things will start happening in your life. The saying is: "you get what you think of most of the time". This is why the world is in such turmoil, because the majority of people in this world think negatively instead of thinking positively

I've actually come to the conclusion that there are vastly more positive-outlook people on this planet than negative thinkers. The negative-nancies are just more vocal. LOL

In the end, I'm glad that what you're doing works well for you. That's what's most important. Verification of something through personal experience! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Bedeekin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:01 am

Xanth wrote:I've actually come to the conclusion that there are vastly more positive-outlook people on this planet than negative thinkers. The negative-nancies are just more vocal. LOL

So very very true. When I used to be a negative-nancy I was very vocal... or typal... whatever it's called when you use a keyboard and a computer screen to hide behind.
Bedeekin

Postby astralzombie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:48 pm

And people think it's an insult when they call me simple Simon.

Karma is one of those things that I personally put no belief in. So long as we want justice or something corrected we will always leave our selves vulnerable to existing under the idea of such "laws".

Do good or else [anything] is punishment in some form.

But I agree with Fresco. I see no evidence to suggest positive thinkers are the majority. They seem to hope for the best but put little effort in positive action to change their personal circumstances. This equates to negative thinking in my book.
astralzombie

Postby Fresco » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:43 pm

If you guys want good reading material and audio tapes on how to learn and apply Law of
Attraction in your life, I highly recommend the following:

Your Wish Is Your Command: http://www.amazon.com/Your-Wish-Is-Comm ... B002X3XR70

Bittorrent: http://torrentz.eu/search?f=Your-Wish-Is-Command

Napoleon Hill - Think And Grow Rich: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmCtWskzmAQ

The Secret: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Rhonda-Byrne/dp/1582701709

Ask and it is given: http://www.amazon.com/Ask-Given-Learnin ... 1401904599

Shakti Gawain; Creative Visualization: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... ualization

Start with all that and see how you like it. You can find all these books online for free if you know where to look.

CAUTION: Kevin Trudeau is a con-artist. But everything he says in "Your Wish Is Your Command" is true. But then he wants you to buy his vitamins and join his club, you dont need to do any of that because its a rip-off. But his audio tapes are otherwise spot-on
Fresco

Postby Jack Reacher » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:21 pm

But...but i wanna join his club!
A particle physicist is a collection of atoms that have gotten together to observe themselves.
Jack Reacher

Postby ChopstickFox » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:05 am

I believe in karma, however that belief doesn't govern my decisions. It would lose the purpose to do good to earn some kudos for a hidden point system. Bleh. The "right" thing to do is usually the only thing I can do. Just can't help it, but I'm not complaining. I mean, I am incredibly far from perfect and make mistakes and bad decisions all the time. But I just can't go against my nature. I see people all the time do little things that don't bother them at all. Don't even see them as "bad", but I don't know how I would ever be able to. Yeah, that was vague. Like throwing trash out the window (though not limited to that). Will I get in trouble? No. Will I get caught? No. But I just can't do it. It's something that has always confused me. How can doing bad things not bother people? :(

Simplicity is beautiful, AZ
ChopstickFox

Postby Fresco » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:41 am

Karma is not a "do good/receive good" reward system. Nor is it a "do bad/receive bad" punishment system.

Karma is simply meant to be a corrective system so that people can learn from their mistakes. Adrian Cooper said it best though, the vast majority of people walking the earth right now go through life COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS towards The Law of Cause and Effect (or karma).

They think things in their lives happen by chance, or its just bad luck
Fresco

Postby Xanth » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:35 am

See, but that's how I think. Random is random mostly.
The system can help and nudge you along your path... but not because they of something good or bad you did, just because it wants you to succeed.

Perhaps then, as usual, we're simply discussing different labels?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Fresco » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:23 am

Agreed on the labels, but I dont see how you can call it just "random". If I throw a ball at a wall and it bounces back to me, it can't be random
Fresco

Postby Xanth » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:13 am

Fresco wrote:Agreed on the labels, but I dont see how you can call it just "random". If I throw a ball at a wall and it bounces back to me, it can't be random

I see that as a separate kind of event. That's applicable with the laws of physics.
I don't think the laws of physics interacts in the same way as what we're referring to the concept here... which is non-physical in nature.

At least, that's how I see it... I could just be biased and wrong. It's been known to happen before... :D LOL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby ChopstickFox » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:13 am

Hm... There's always the possibility that you can't see where all the strings attach. I wouldn't discount the possibility that everything is connected beyond our perception. Likely? No way for us to tell.
ChopstickFox

Postby Xanth » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:34 am

ChopstickFox wrote:Hm... There's always the possibility that you can't see where all the strings attach. I wouldn't discount the possibility that everything is connected beyond our perception. Likely? No way for us to tell.

Oh definitely, I agree whole-heartedly with that statement.
I'm never a "all chips in" kinda guy. LoL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby ChopstickFox » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:56 am

Oh, I know you aren't... I guess that was just a bit of a general statement I wanted to throw out there, hehe.
ChopstickFox

Postby Majic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:02 pm

I think it is well past its useby date and might be ok to scare kids up to the age of about 6 months :D but after that of no practical use.
Majic

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion