Reintroduction

Please take a quick minute to introduce yourself and tell us a little about who you are and what brought you here.

Reintroduction

Postby Methiculous » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:47 pm

I wrote an introduction a while ago when this site first started, but I never said anything about myself or who I am as a 'projectionist' and how I got my start.

I had the occasional lucid dream every now and then for many years and they started becoming more and more frequent over time. It started as only a few times a year at most, then once a month, and now it at least once a week and sometimes more. I never thought much of it back then, and never recorded them in a dream journal.

The turning point for me, was about 2 years ago (July 2011). I had a lucid dream, it faded and ended, but I didn't want to wake up so I kept my eyes closed and wanted to continue dreaming. After allowing many images to flash before my eyes, I suddenly snapped back into a lucid dream again and I was in the same 'city' as the previous dream. I never knew I could even do that?! The following morning I tried to find answers and learned a new word: Hypnagogia. I don't know if that was the exact explanation for what I experienced, but it got the ball rolling and I started to take lucid dreaming more seriously and learn about it. Not only that, but it was the first time I questioned the people in the dream to see if they knew it was a dream or not, or if they even knew who Michael was! (They said they knew, but when I asked where Michael is, they didn't point at me. They pointed at the sky!)

So that's when I became very curious and interested. I became more than a passive dreamer, and became an amateur onironaut for the fun of it (dream explorer/studier). I started keeping a dream journal and took dreaming more seriously. And I've learned a lot since then, not just from this site, and others, and talking to other fellow dreamers, but even from my own lucid dreams. Don't forget, they can teach you a lot too. I use trial and error mostly.

Sometimes people ask me what method I use. The only thing I do is Wake Back to Bed. It has become a normal sleep habit for me now, and it works well. I try other methods, but I always fall asleep, or frustratingly stay awake. I just place a blank piece of paper and a pencil beside my bed and wonder what dream-notes it will be filled with after I wake up. It's always a mystery to me. Apart from some loose intent and a gentle reminder that the next thing I see/do is probably going to be a dream, I just fall asleep and see where it takes me. I am not the type of lucid dreamer who can do it at will or with complete control all the time... yet. You can't learn it overnight. (Well, technically it happens overnight.... but not in ONE night!)

There is always room to grow as a lucid dreamer and there are many more lucid dream goals constantly on the horizon. I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER GET BORED OF THIS!

That would be like becoming bored of yourself!
Last edited by Methiculous on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Reintroduction

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Reintroduction

Postby astralzombie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:07 am

That was a great read.

My intro was was a lot scarier and the "realism" of the experiences were very concrete in my mind that I had to know what was happening.

Because I had no doubt that something incredible was happening, I was able to learn how to phase very quickly. That's why I have a hard time explaining how to do this to someone that is struggling with this for years. My belief in the OOBE was concrete from the start so it just came naturally almost and it's hard for me to relate personally with that struggle to get it. Though I do understand why they are frustrated since I know what they are missing but none of this is necessary for a happy life.

I can phase but lately almost all my experiences have been from projecting from dreams. Once we develop the skill it can actually become a nuisance at times but I never regret any of it. After trying to change my dreams for so many years, I now see the value in just allowing them to occur and see what happens. That's hard to do though because I become lucid almost every night at some point but I usually drop it and let the dream just happen.

I agree that getting bored with this is like getting bored with our self personally.
astralzombie

Postby Xanth » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:31 am

Michael Scannell wrote:I wrote an introduction a while ago when this site first started, but I never said anything about myself or who I am as a 'projectionist' and how I got my start.

My name is Michael Scannell as I am sure you can all gather, and I am 34.

I had the occasional lucid dream every now and then for many years and they started becoming more and more frequent over time. It started as only a few times a year at most, then once a month, and now it at least once a week and sometimes more. I never thought much of it back then, and never recorded them in a dream journal.

Re-Welcome! :)

The turning point for me, was about 2 years ago (July 2011). I had a lucid dream, it faded and ended, but I didn't want to wake up so I kept my eyes closed and wanted to continue dreaming. After allowing many images to flash before my eyes, I suddenly snapped back into a lucid dream again and I was in the same 'city' as the previous dream. I never knew I could even do that?! The following morning I tried to find answers and learned a new word: Hypnagogia. I don't know if that was the exact explanation for what I experienced, but it got the ball rolling and I started to take lucid dreaming more seriously and learn about it. Not only that, but it was the first time I questioned the people in the dream to see if they knew it was a dream or not, or if they even knew who Michael was! (They said they knew, but when I asked where Michael is, they didn't point at me. They pointed at the sky!)

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/ ... -you-wake/
That's what you did. It's something which I figured out as well completely by accident. You can keep an experience going multiple times doing it! I think my record is 5 or 6 times in a row. :)

So that's when I became very curious and interested. I became more than a passive dreamer, and became an amateur onironaut for the fun of it (dream explorer/studier). I started keeping a dream journal and took dreaming more seriously. And I've learned a lot since then, not just from this site, and others, and talking to other fellow dreamers, but even from my own lucid dreams. Don't forget, they can teach you a lot too. I use trial and error mostly.

Sometimes people ask me what method I use. The only thing I do is Wake Back to Bed. It has become a normal sleep habit for me now, and it works well. I try other methods, but I always fall asleep, or frustratingly stay awake. I just place a blank piece of paper and a pencil beside my bed and wonder what dream-notes it will be filled with after I wake up. It's always a mystery to me. Apart from some loose intent and a gentle reminder that the next thing I see/do is probably going to be a dream, I just fall asleep and see where it takes me. I am not the type of lucid dreamer who can do it at will or with complete control all the time... yet. You can't learn it overnight. (Well, technically it happens overnight.... but not in ONE night!)

There is always room to grow as a lucid dreamer and there are many more lucid dream goals constantly on the horizon. I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER GET BORED OF THIS!

That would be like becoming bored of yourself!

Exactly! Through your non-physical life you, literally, have access to the whole of reality! Most people don't even bat an eye at it... but people like you are taking full advantage of something like this. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Taoistguy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:35 am

Hi and re-welcome.
Your skills sounf excellent.

Maybe they didn't point at you cos it was obvious where you were; maybe the pointing at the sky was a symbol of showing 'where' you were?

Hope to see you over there sometime. :)
Taoistguy

Postby Methiculous » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks for reading, and that goes for everybody who read, but didn't respond. And all future readers too. Some people don't respond and I don't feel there is a need for one, so I know your out there reading this and I hope you liked it.
But for those that did respond, it validates my reason for being here and I feel welcome.
So thanks for reading and giving a response for me to read you guys.

I think it is important for everybody to provide a little background and state their purpose or mission statement, whatever it is. It provides a personal goal and that always helps with success in anything you do.
For me it is getting to know dream characters, or 'people you meet in dreams', and they intrigue me so much!
What makes them tick?...........

(Many of you have been doing this for decades, but I am just a curious '2 year old' (literally with my time-line of experience) and bare with me.... I need to figure it out for myself.)
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Return to Introduce Yourself