referrencing - HELP

If you wish to discuss something that isn't directly related to the subject matter of this forum, please post them here!

referrencing - HELP

Postby mini stapler » Tue May 21, 2013 6:24 am

Ok this has nothing at all to do with projection in slightest, but I need help ASAP!

basically, and I should know this by now being a student, I can't seem to get harvard style referrencing into my thick skull, I know what to referrence, but I mess up the info for different kinds of quotes... can someone confirm what info I need to include for these referrences -

I need to make reference to summarised material from my course books (not verbatim quotes) -

and reference to summarised material that is in my course books, but has been referenced by the guys and gals who wrote the books from others work, so already has it's own reference to the original authors -

What information do I need to include in the in-text reference for these two types... and possibly the referrence list at the end??? =] Be so helpful as I keep losing marks here and there for questionable referrencing (even though I've gone over it a 1000 times) and I don't trust that I've actually referenced the material correctly this time either, cause I'm a bit of a moron like that! =] Thanks for any help... :D
Absolute looney tune.
mini stapler

referrencing - HELP

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: referrencing - HELP

Postby Xanth » Tue May 21, 2013 11:44 am

Xanth
Site Admin

Re: referrencing - HELP

Postby mini stapler » Tue May 21, 2013 12:29 pm

yeah, google is my BFF! Lol :D

but I still manage to somehow get it wrong!

for the first type I've just put author, date and page in brackets... and second I've put the original author and date, and then cited in then author, date & page in brackets... I've been at this the best part of 2 years and I still haven't got the hang of referencing... no idea how I have managed to make it this far Lol according to your link I think I may have done it round about the right way, but yeah, I asked as I don't trust my own judgement on that!! :roll:
Absolute looney tune.
mini stapler

Return to Off-Topic Discussion