Realizing you're already there

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Spirituality or Spiritual Growth, please post them here.

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:43 pm

Just saw this on facebook. I shared it to my own page too along with:

"It's definitely not an easy realization to make... but once you do, you'll realize just how foolish you've been all these years trying to find it, because it was right under your nose the entire time. ;)"

What are your thoughts?
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Realizing you're already there

Postby ChopstickFox » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 am

Hehe, yeah, I like it.

When I first started visiting Astral Pulse I wanted so much to project. Really experience anything everyone else seemed to be. But the more I read I had already been there. My reaction was pretty much "Well I'll be damned!"
ChopstickFox

Postby Szaxx » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 am

Are we there yet?
Typical thing to analyze and then realise almost, when you have to start again.
Aaagh dont think, just do.
Wise words coming from the one who tells people it can't be rushed.
:oops:
Szaxx

Postby Jack Reacher » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Don't know about this one, if im reading the message correctly anyway. Last night I was reflecting on how I used to be a year ago, I felt like a better person, I was more confident, more creative, eager to learn and I treated everyone well and always looked to improve things. So I asked myself how do I get to be that person again, then I realised I am that person. For about 5 seconds I truely felt like I had stepped into another person, I felt a sense of rememberance of my old self, almost like I was possessed. But in those 5 seconds I said to myself, you have to proove it. I feel like in order to be that person, I really have to show it in actions, to simply be the person. Just imagining it or wishing it doesnt cut it.
A particle physicist is a collection of atoms that have gotten together to observe themselves.
Jack Reacher

Postby astralzombie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:22 pm

You know... the poster reminds me of one thing I have never seen in any OOBE....geometric shapes and patterns. I've read tons of experiences about this but the most I've seen are glowing spheres but I call them globes or orbs. :?
astralzombie

Postby CFTraveler » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 am

Those look like Sephiroth to me.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Majic » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 pm

LOL - we are already there and have been so since we were born or before if you wish but did not realize this - so how important are "we" or is awareness of the experience just a selfish concept that we need to lose again. it seems we are putting a big effort into tagging along a well worn pathway, we dream, OBE and all other states but often without recall so how important is it to be aware or is this just another selfish use that feeds one of the traits of being human :)
Majic

Postby mini stapler » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:37 am

Majic wrote:LOL - we are already there and have been so since we were born or before if you wish but did not realize this - so how important are "we" or is awareness of the experience just a selfish concept that we need to lose again. it seems we are putting a big effort into tagging along a well worn pathway, we dream, OBE and all other states but often without recall so how important is it to be aware or is this just another selfish use that feeds one of the traits of being human :)

'WE' are neither important or unimportant, 'WE' don't exist in that way. There needs to be a self to be selfish, no? ;) This is what is meant by the poster, we never stop being what we are, & 'getting there' is literally a case of seeing through the hypnosis that gives us the sense of being an 'I' a seperate ego... seeing that there is no thinker of thoughts, there are just thoughts, no I that things happen to, things just happening etc. No controller, life is unfolding by itself. :)
Absolute looney tune.
mini stapler

Postby Xanth » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Basically, all this revolves around one concept: You have to get your ego out of the way of knowing.

I originally wrote "you have to SIMPLY get your ego out..."
Then I realized that there's nothing simple about it. LoL

It's quite complicated actually... complicated to reverse the brainwashing that society has placed... no, FORCED upon us.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:12 am

breaking of culture and comfort, the evils that allow ego to flourish.

I do agree with already there and time will I hope add more volume or experience to the picture, less of me and more of me - what a lovely contradiction
Majic

Postby Zagadka » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Xanth wrote:Basically, all this revolves around one concept: You have to get your ego out of the way of knowing.

I originally wrote "you have to SIMPLY get your ego out..."
Then I realized that there's nothing simple about it. LoL

It's quite complicated actually... complicated to reverse the brainwashing that society has placed... no, FORCED upon us.

Your ego is not your amigo! :D
I know I am already there and I am slowly, bit by bit, day after day, experiencing it. Just by becoming aware that below our thoughts, there is "someone" watching out, following the thoughts and everything else that is going gives me a short overview that I am already there and that I just need to dig under the surface. My normal awareness is centered on the ripples of my life (thoughts, emotions, etc.) while there is a vast ocean below. I am currently diving down to the depths where it is much more calm and vast.

astralzombie wrote:You know... the poster reminds me of one thing I have never seen in any OOBE....geometric shapes and patterns. I've read tons of experiences about this but the most I've seen are glowing spheres but I call them globes or orbs. :?

I have experienced shapes like circle, triangles and squares moving around before I phased. It was a very very simple geometry. I have also seen a big glowing and beautiful mandala while coming back in the physical. I have not experienced complex geometric patterns except when I was under the influence of psychedelics drugs. I have seen circular patterns with self-transforming colored geometric shapes that were plain incredible to watch in motion! At other times, the patterns were pretty boring stuff.

So hum... are we there yet? :)
Stand tall and shake the heavens
Zagadka

Postby Jettins » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:12 pm

It's interesting I read saw this topic today.

This morning I went to my recliner to project. Then it occurred to me "I think I am already here". I opened my eyes and levitated a television set that was nearby to verify that I was in the non-physical. "Of course", I thought. I got up from the recliner and then went outside to look for the sun.
Jettins

Postby Xanth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Jettins wrote:It's interesting I read saw this topic today.

This morning I went to my recliner to project. Then it occurred to me "I think I am already here". I opened my eyes and levitated a television set that was nearby to verify that I was in the non-physical. "Of course", I thought. I got up from the recliner and then went outside to look for the sun.

That's pretty crazy. It illustrates the problem with False Awakenings very well. LOL

Actually, so much so, that I think my next article will be about them! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Jettins » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:16 pm

I am sure it will be an interesting article. I'll share my views on it.
Jettins

Postby Taoistguy » Wed May 15, 2013 6:12 pm

This reminds me of the Steve Hillage song that contains the lines repeated over and over at he end of the song where the first half is a lovely harmonic tune, (that took me on the mental journey...where the ending of the song made sense!) - "And you tried so hard to get here."

I totally believe we are already 'There." However, many layers of clothing are piled on us, that we only notice the clothing and forget that we are already Whole and Complete and at Home.

We are onions! ;)
Taoistguy

Return to Spirituality