reading in dreams

If you wish to discuss something that isn't directly related to the subject matter of this forum, please post them here!

reading in dreams

Postby Taoistguy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 am

I read somewhere about not being able to read in dreams as the words and letters are meaningless. Well I've ha a couple of dreams recentl where numbers and words are very clear. How normal is that and have i been in the astral instead of dreaming?
Taoistguy

reading in dreams

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: reading in dreams

Postby Xanth » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:14 am

Taoistguy wrote:I read somewhere about not being able to read in dreams as the words and letters are meaningless. Well I've ha a couple of dreams recentl where numbers and words are very clear. How normal is that and have i been in the astral instead of dreaming?

I've never had any issue reading in non-physical experiences either.

Just chalk it up to another one of those myths that don't pan out. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Samwise » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:51 am

I remember reading text on a notepad in great detail in my last lucid dream. The text had meaning but was pretty random in content. What has worked for me a number of times to become lucid in a dream is to look at text, look away and then read the same text again. Every time I have done this the text has changed and this has acted as a lucidity trigger. Definitely worth a try when dreaming.
Samwise

Postby Xanth » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 am

Samwise wrote:I remember reading text on a notepad in great detail in my last lucid dream. The text had meaning but was pretty random in content. What has worked for me a number of times to become lucid in a dream is to look at text, look away and then read the same text again. Every time I have done this the text has changed and this has acted as a lucidity trigger. Definitely worth a try when dreaming.

Yeah! That's a pretty good reality check. Definitely. :)

My favourite that tends to work really well is looking at my hands. They tend to go all screwy looking which is a dead giveaway. hehe
Xanth
Site Admin

Return to Off-Topic Discussion