reading before bed increases my vizulization

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby luciddreamer » Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 am

iv been reading harry potter chamber off secrets and as was falling asleep i seen a black cat with a red coller on my desk, and it ran off and made me jump and then there was a ghostly outline wandering around. this always seems to happen when im reading anythink before bed just right on the verge off sleep i dident get to sleep till 7am this morning and i got up at 10:30 am yesterday
luciddreamer

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: reading before bed increases my vizulization

Postby astralzombie » Wed May 01, 2013 5:38 pm

I am an avid reader and reading itself can induce some "SP like" auditory hallucinations. I know it's related because I will hear sounds that I was imagining while reading. Like a church bell toll or a gunshot. I'm not saying that it is loud and startling but It definitely "appears" to be external. I have also heard my name called out before in the dialect that I attributed to characters.

To me, reading is another way to enjoy a different state of consciousness and it certainly is a NP state.

This is different that what you are saying as you're referring to reading helping you dream after falling asleep but I just wanted to comment on how reading can help us get to the NP.
astralzombie

Postby Xanth » Wed May 01, 2013 7:12 pm

I actually find that reading is a great way to prime your consciousness to meditate!
The times in which I read before bed, I usually meditate for a bit before I actually lie down... and those sessions are usually so much easier. Almost natural.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Jettins » Wed May 01, 2013 7:48 pm

I agree with Xanth and with astralzombie
Jettins

Postby Szaxx » Thu May 02, 2013 1:35 am

I can't disagree at all. It's the fastest way to relax. The noises too get crazy at times then you exit easily from this state.
We may agree this is a prime conditioning factor as nobody has negated this find.
Reading occupies the mind and you become engrossed, this effectively disconnects you from the physical naturally.
Round of applause for Luciddreamer.
:idea:
Szaxx

Postby luciddreamer » Thu May 02, 2013 6:58 am

thanks i might try meditating after i read as some times its hard to get sleep as last time i kept re reading a chapter.lol in my mind. thats the onley problem i have with it.
luciddreamer

Postby luciddreamer » Thu May 02, 2013 8:25 am

wow try meditating after reading it creates a more stable NPR its better than using your imaganation it moves by itself all you have to do is observe it and youl let go off your body and i just read a chapter and i could see the staircaise and the portraites off the ghost. try over books aswell.
luciddreamer

Postby CFTraveler » Thu May 02, 2013 4:31 pm

It always works for me too, but I always thought it's because it makes my eyes tired without making my brain tired, making it ideal for meditation.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions