Quieting the Mind?

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Meditation, please post them here.

Quieting the Mind?

Postby Xanth » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:00 pm

I posted this the other day on my website and wanted opinions. :)
Go nuts!

Everyone hears about meditation and hears that you MUST QUIET YOUR MIND!!!! OR ELSE YOU’RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT!!! Smiley

Meditation isn’t about quieting the mind. It’s never been about that.

Yes, you can ATTEMPT to quiet the mind… but then you’re using a manipulative force in order to do so… and when is manipulating anything into doing what it doesn’t want to do ever been a good thing?

Simply realize the truth… you are the awareness being aware of the thoughts being passed by it. Then simply let that event take place, non-judgmentally.

That is meditation.

Eventually you’ll also realize another truth about meditation… that meditation isn’t an act you do, it’s not something you put 10, 20, or 60 minutes aside per day to do. That’s the very act of blasphemy.

Meditation isn’t something you do, it’s a state of consciousness you exist in, at all times.

So by all means, don’t ever quiet your mind… instead, quiet yourself and listen to your mind.
Xanth
Site Admin

Quieting the Mind?

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Quieting the Mind?

Postby luciddreamer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:35 am

i thought that was just to easy to use as a medition, i might start using it now.
luciddreamer

Return to Meditation