Question related to classic obe techniques

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby ob1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi,

i wanted to know if someone could help me relating to classic obe techniques,

what id like to know is, can the classic exiting techniques be done simply by putting an alarm and when your are about to fall asleep you try to get out of body ? or do i actually need to get a sleep paralysis in order to get out ?
ob1

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Question related to classic obe techniques

Postby wstein » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:01 pm

ob1 wrote: or do i actually need to get a sleep paralysis in order to get out ?
Sleep paralysis (SP) is NOT required. Some people use it as an intermediate step especially if they are prone to SP any way. The reason it is a stepping stone is because it is very similar to the part of OBE where you disassociate your consciousness/awareness from your body. Remaining parts are creating double and moving away from physical body.
ob1 wrote: what id like to know is, can the classic exiting techniques be done simply by putting an alarm and when your are about to fall asleep you try to get out of body ?
Its a good theory but no alarm knows exactly when you fall asleep.

If you don't already have sleep paralysis episodes I won't bother learning that too. It's an unnecessary step. Its also unpleasant.
sin nada
wstein

Postby Phantom » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Which classical techniques are you talking about? The oldest and easiest is self hypnosis. This was practiced by Edgar Cayce who did projections/phasing several times a day to help people who wrote letters to him asking advice. He had a talant for being able to talk but also being projected at the same time. Talk about control. He did all of his work during buisness hours. Nothing at night..... except for special occasions. He was able to in crowds or by himself. What was the belief? He went within. Deep within himself. Kept going til he found what he was looking for..... no landmarks just going deeper. He died of overwork when he was doing this 7 times a day in his 80's.
Cayce is early 20th century. Well thats' not really classical is it. We're talking pipe organs, fancy wigs and well the clothes were uhhhh interesting.

ohhh wait I know really classical technique scrying into projection.... now we're talking classical. :-) We're talking pre Mozart and Bach classical... even before pipe organs classical. How did that work? well you gaze into a mirror or crystal until you see images and keep focusing on that image until your in 3-D .... :-) I don't remember any mention of sleep paralysis thought I think that was believed to be a demon back then.
Phantom

Postby Phantom » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:26 pm

ahh mi hubby's old book. This baby is old and was remade to a better book called scrying for beginners but the old essay is still available. on pdf https://zalbarath666.files.wordpress.co ... mirror.pdf

There's quite a few pdf's online for self hypnosis this is just one. http://www.bahaistudies.net/asma/selfhypnosis.pdf
Phantom

Postby ob1 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Phantom wrote:Which classical techniques are you talking about? The oldest and easiest is self hypnosis. This was practiced by Edgar Cayce who did projections/phasing several times a day to help people who wrote letters to him asking advice. He had a talant for being able to talk but also being projected at the same time. Talk about control. He did all of his work during buisness hours. Nothing at night..... except for special occasions. He was able to in crowds or by himself. What was the belief? He went within. Deep within himself. Kept going til he found what he was looking for..... no landmarks just going deeper. He died of overwork when he was doing this 7 times a day in his 80's.
Cayce is early 20th century. Well thats' not really classical is it. We're talking pipe organs, fancy wigs and well the clothes were uhhhh interesting.

ohhh wait I know really classical technique scrying into projection.... now we're talking classical. :-) We're talking pre Mozart and Bach classical... even before pipe organs classical. How did that work? well you gaze into a mirror or crystal until you see images and keep focusing on that image until your in 3-D .... :-) I don't remember any mention of sleep paralysis thought I think that was believed to be a demon back then.

by classic techniques i meant the non phasing types of techniques for exiting your body ,rope method and othes.Thanks for this, ill try it out asap.
ob1

Postby Xanth » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:32 am

classic-obe-s-vs-phasing-t552.html

There really doesn't seem much difference in what you use. It's actually all phasing... the difference is belief and perspective.
If you believe you have to crawl out of your body, then that is how the "finish" of your phasing will entail you.

It's also partially based upon the technique you're using. So if you're using, for example, the Rope Method, then you're naturally and obviously going to force your consciousness (through belief that you're pulling yourself out of something) to crawl "out" of your body as part of the finish for phasing.

It's all about the "finish"...
The point is that the point at which you're "crawling out of your body"... you're actually ALREADY projecting. The act of crawling out of your body is actually meaningless. You've already phased to the non-physical. <-- THIS is the part that most people can't seem to grasp. This is the same for waking in sleep paralysis. You're NOT physically awake at that point... it's not the physical reality you're experiencing. It's all non-physical.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby wstein » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Xanth wrote: There really doesn't seem much difference in what you use. It's actually all phasing... the difference is belief and perspective.
Disagree. The techniques vary in what resources you have while out of body, how difficult it is to remember what happened after returning, and whether or not you have to deal with split awareness.
For beginners, go with whatever appeals to you or seems to be 'working'. You can sort out the finer points later.
sin nada
wstein

Postby Xanth » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:10 am

My perspective in teaching is too attempt to get someone to understand the *why* something works. I completely agree that you should use ”what works", but understanding the underlying reason is, in my opinion, more helpful.

Part of that is the understanding that there really isn't any difference in techniques beyond belief and perspective. What "resources" you have available to you while projecting, literally, has nothing to do with the technique or method used to project. That would be part of the belief and perspective I spoke about above.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Phantom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:21 am

Understanding the mechanism will also free someone to use their own techniques rather than reading a book and trying to replicate a process which may or may not work with their mind. Another thing is many are not aware that this is not something new. It's something that is inherent to being human and has existed as long as humans have existed. Fox's book was not the first to address how to experience a different reality while still walking around in a meat suit.

I still think that Cayce's take on it is a bit better than the phasing explanation. It's similar we are still going within. but the astral world and how it connects to other places including our own is described as being a bit different..My rational is he had better vision and more practice with it than anyone else who wrote a book on it. He demonstrated it in his medical healings and was able to repeat the results again and again ( multiple times a day towards the end)
Phantom

Postby Xanth » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:04 am

Phantom, you're peaked my interest. Could you point me towards some material that goes over Cayce's perspective?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby wstein » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:54 am

Xanth wrote: There really doesn't seem much difference in what you use. It's actually all phasing... the difference is belief and perspective.
If you believe you have to crawl out of your body, then that is how the "finish" of your phasing will entail you.

It's also partially based upon the technique you're using. So if you're using, for example, the Rope Method, then you're naturally and obviously going to force your consciousness (through belief that you're pulling yourself out of something) to crawl "out" of your body as part of the finish for phasing.

Xanth wrote: My perspective in teaching is too attempt to get someone to understand the *why* something works. I completely agree that you should use ”what works", but understanding the underlying reason is, in my opinion, more helpful.

Part of that is the understanding that there really isn't any difference in techniques beyond belief and perspective. What "resources" you have available to you while projecting, literally, has nothing to do with the technique or method used to project. That would be part of the belief and perspective I spoke about above.
So which is it? in the first one you gloss over the differences and in the second you suggest understanding.

To me there are clear differences in the different modes of projection with distinct known advantages and disadvantages. I do not agree that is just a matter of belief, there are 'technical' differences. Mostly the differences relate to what is projected, not how projection is achieved. Calling it all 'phasing' with a 'finish' does not promote understanding from how I see it.
sin nada
wstein

Postby Xanth » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:14 am

You're not understanding the two posts you're quoting above... I don't have the time nor the patience right now to further explain it to you.
I'd suggest reading them over again and seeing if you can figure them out.

In the end, we shall just have to agree to disagree.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Phantom » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:42 am

If you look at Cayce's method of obtaining his information, you will quickly see he was phasing. His discription was a cross between phasing and an externally biased progression. The essential Edgar Cayce by Thurston is where I found that material. I can show you a couple quotes from readings to give you an idea as to what his philosophy was like. If you notice what his idea of leaving the body actually is you will see the similarity to phasing.

(A) To bring from one realm to another those experiences through which an entity, a soul, may pass in obtaining those reflections that are necessary for transmission of the information sought, it becomes necessary (for the understanding of those in that realm seeking) to have that which is to the mental being put in the language of that being, as near as it is possible to do justice to the subject. In this particular instance, then, to reach that record suggested by the suggestion itself - as of coming into existence across waters, the very thought of those present that it becomes necessary that that which is to receive or transmit the information must seek (as indicated by the manner in which periods, ages, dates, years, days are turned back, in arriving at the experience of the entity in a changed environ); meant that, the psychic influences in their activity with or through the physical forces of the body, must in some manner pass through the necessary elements for arriving at or reaching the beginning or that point. With the amount of water that is more often thought than of ether, what more befitting than that in the bubble the seeking forces should guide themselves! Then, so becomes much that arrives in the material plane; in the form of pictures or expressions, that there may be the conveying to the mind of the seeker something in his own type of experience, as to how the transmission of the activity takes place. Of what forces? The psychic or soul forces, that are akin to what? The Creative Forces, or that called God. So, the body in a symbolized form as the bubble arrives at a place in which there is kept the records of all; as signified in speaking of the Book of Life, or to indicate or symbolize that each entity, each soul in its growth, may find its way back to the Creative Influences that are promised in and through Him that gives - and is - Life; and finds this as a separate, a definite, an integral part of the very soul. Hence symbolized as being in books; and the man the keeper, as the keeper of the records. Much in the manner as would be said the lord of the storm, of the sea, of the lightning, of the light, of the day, of love, of hope, of faith, of charity, of long-suffering, of brotherly love, of kindness, of meekness, of humbleness, of self.

Reading 254-68

I'll post some quotes from the files. You have to be a member of A.R.E to access this stuff so I'll put a few things up here
(Q) Do I actually leave my body at times, as has been indicated, and go to different places?
(A) You do.
(Q) For what purpose, and how can I develop and use this power constructively?
(A) Just as has been given as to how to enter into meditation. Each and every soul leaves the body as it rests in sleep. As to how this may be used constructively - this would be like answering how could one use one's voice for constructive purposes. It is of a same or of a similar import, you see; that is, it is a faculty, it is an experience, it is a development of the self as related to spiritual things, material things, mental things…. 853-8, 43-year-old man, 6/8/37
Phantom

Postby Xanth » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Phantom wrote: (A) To bring from one realm to another those experiences through which an entity, a soul, may pass in obtaining those reflections that are necessary for transmission of the information sought, it becomes necessary (for the understanding of those in that realm seeking) to have that which is to the mental being put in the language of that being, as near as it is possible to do justice to the subject.

I'm just picking stuff out of the quote for a second. :)

It kinda sounds like in the above statement that he's saying that what you experience while projecting is subjective. In that, what you experience is true, but it has to still come through the filter of your own awareness and translated by that awareness in order for that awareness to be able to even possibly interpret it in a manner which would "do justice to the subject". Am I reading that right?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Phantom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 am

It's actually a dual filter. Cayce believed in an objective spiritual truth. ... in the Creative force he calls God. Is the objective truth. It's not a totally subjective system that Campbell talks about. So the filter is by your awareness and by that ultimate creative force.
Phantom

Postby Phantom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 am

pretty heavy stuff for someone in a backwater ( like backwater Newfoundland) with an 8th grade education ?
Phantom

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions