Psychic Mediums

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Spirituality or Spiritual Growth, please post them here.

Psychic Mediums

Postby 7th Lion » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:57 am

Respect..

Hello my brethren. Do you have any experience with Psychic Mediums? I recently had a session with a local psychic by the name of Ginger Quinlan.

I loved the experience but I feel what was said in the reading could have been applied to anyone. However there were maybe 3 details in the whole reading that applied directly to me and there was no possible way a normal person could have known these details. These details regard a stomach issue I had right before getting the reading and also of a letter i was writing to a friend who passed on a year prior.

Do you have any experience with psychics and are you willing to share your stories?
7th Lion

Psychic Mediums

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Psychic Mediums

Postby phaser24 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:48 am

I saw one about two years ago, most of what she told me did not come true in the coming year or since. However, I told her that a friend had passed away and I kept wondering how he was doing. She accurately described him and a favourite place he often spent time at and was still at and that he was a suicide. She said that she had told him that all was forgiven and to move towards the light. I think that some times they are on and sometimes they're just off.
phaser24

Postby Xanth » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:10 am

The way they receive this information isn't laid out for them nice and neatly... or explained in a perfect fashion.
It's loaded onto a psychic as a senses, feelings, maybe broken images... it's entirely up to the interpretation of what they feel/sense/see... sometimes they just don't interpret it correctly.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:30 am

I'm endlessly annoyed by the term 'psychic medium'.
The only true medium I have ever known was a relative, who would get taken over by another being who would talk through her. I don't remember if she was effective or not, I just remember being very impressed (scared) by (of) her.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Sinera » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:41 pm

CFTraveler wrote:I'm endlessly annoyed by the term 'psychic medium'.

almost a pleonasm (tautology), isn't it? and what's an 'un-psychic' medium anyway? :) a trickster maybe, hence psychic might be interpreted as "true" here? :ugeek:
Sinera

Postby CFTraveler » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Sinera wrote:

almost a pleonasm (tautology), isn't it? and what's an 'un-psychic' medium anyway? :) a trickster maybe, hence psychic might be interpreted as "true" here? :ugeek:
Yesterday I thought of that word after I don't know how many years. My son had a homework assignment in which he had to compose stuff using various devices. When they said 'repetition' I thought 'pleonasmo', and wondered if they called it 'pleonasm' in english. You answered my mental question. Now what are the odds of that?
(I know, now it's 100%). Lol.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Methiculous » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Do you ever look at clouds and see things?
It's a Rorschach Ink Blot test we've all done.

We can take the vaguest thing and make sense of it. It's human nature, so beware of frauds.

Nostradamus's Quatrains sound like gibberish thrown out there and some people with their creative minds find ways to make it stick.

I'm a skeptic, but just because there are many frauds doesn't mean there might be an element of truth to this ability. I wish there was a scientific study that could prove it to me one way or another beyond a shadow of a doubt. Perhaps they are just very good at reading subtle body language which our minds pick up on intuitively and is not common for most people. That alone would be an amazing feat for gifted individuals. Perhaps the paranormal is actually just normal with a rational explanation.
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Postby CFTraveler » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:00 pm

I believe Tart did some studies on ESP (in general) and had very good results. Some of this was in a book called 'The end of Materialism', not sure what's in which one of his books.
CFTraveler

Postby astralzombie » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Methiculous wrote:Do you ever look at clouds and see things?
Perhaps they are just very good at reading subtle body language which our minds pick up on intuitively and is not common for most people. That alone would be an amazing feat for gifted individuals. Perhaps the paranormal is actually just normal with a rational explanation.

You're speaking of Mentalists. The really good ones can convince most people that they are really psychic. They will also tell you upfront that they aren't.
astralzombie

Postby Sinera » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Methiculous wrote:I'm a skeptic, but just because there are many frauds doesn't mean there might be an element of truth to this ability. I wish there was a scientific study that could prove it to me one way or another beyond a shadow of a doubt.

There are. 8-) :)

For some years now, in the U.S. at the Windbridge Institute, mediums can get examined and certified (!) if they pass the difficult tests. It is done with a very strict scientific protocol, e.g. ruling out cold/hot reading techniques etc.

http://www.windbridge.org/publications.htm#peer

example (just one study of the many listed):
http://www.windbridge.org/papers/Beisch ... 07vol3.pdf

It was started in the early 00s with Dr. G. Schwartz' lab experiments and the ensuing book "The Afterlife Experiments" (see on Amazon). Dr. J. Beischel took over the work from Schwartz entirely with this institute. I think it is a highly interesting and valuable work they do.
Last edited by Sinera on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sinera

Postby Sinera » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:08 pm

CFTraveler wrote:
Sinera wrote:

Yesterday I thought of that word after I don't know how many years. My son had a homework assignment in which he had to compose stuff using various devices. When they said 'repetition' I thought 'pleonasmo', and wondered if they called it 'pleonasm' in english. You answered my mental question. Now what are the odds of that?
(I know, now it's 100%). Lol.

Wow. I'm just reading this thread today after my last post ... happy I did ... so for me it's after yesterday yet another one ... telepathy or synchronicity? Or both?

I'd rather suspect telepathy. That ladder-technique dream was dream telepathy without doubt. And then yesterday you asked for an English version of a Hindi language video and I could provide it because I found it only one day earlier (by 'accident'). Here I also provided an answer for a word definition. Wow.

Seems we have a mental 'link' via forum posts going on somehow. Amazing.

:ugeek:
Sinera

Postby CFTraveler » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:17 pm

Yes, I had forgotten about the other thing. Interesting.
CFTraveler

Postby PhaseshiftR » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:20 am

Yes, I see one all the time. I am in training to become a medium as well. The first time I saw the last medium I saw she said "You're guides are telling you to stop worrying about your heart" and at the time I was undergoing major cardiophobia. Lots of hypochondria issues. She helped me connect to my grandpa as well and said things only I would know that were wonderful confirmations.

I see a lady now and am undergoing classes for a bunch of stuff. Depends who you see I think!
PhaseshiftR

Return to Spirituality