no memories off real life when obeing

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby luciddreamer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:22 pm

its strange i onley have memories off my real life when im in the real time zone and then thay play out in fronte off me. over times i continue on with what ever im doing with out qustion. is there any way to get full waking memorie when im in obing.thanks
luciddreamer

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: no memories off real life when obeing

Postby Xanth » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:53 pm

luciddreamer wrote:its strange i onley have memories off my real life when im in the real time zone and then thay play out in fronte off me. over times i continue on with what ever im doing with out qustion. is there any way to get full waking memorie when im in obing.thanks

You mean to say that you have no waking memories while you're experiencing a reality that is similar to what you recognize to be this physical reality. :)

So you know you're non-physical, but you don't have your waking memories. That's what I call a "lucid awareness experience".

When you recognize that you're non-physical, you just need to be mindful enough to bring forth your full waking awareness. It's just something you need to program into yourself to do when you realize you're non-physical.

Things like journal entries... reality checks... they should all trigger the need to wake your consciousness up. Sadly, there's no shortcut that I know of. lol

Maybe someone else will have a better answer. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby AstralJames » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Do you mean when you project, you only have experiences of stuff that's already happened? Please be more specific if possible :)
AstralJames

Postby ChopstickFox » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:14 pm

I usually fully enjoy my experiences even if I don't have awareness of my waking life. Certainly no lack of quality. Sometimes they can be even more enriching with many things to learn from... I don't think it's something to struggle to get over, unless you personally want to be there with your waking consciousness. Certainly doesn't discredit the experience either. Just had to throw that out there, haha!

I agree with the reality checks thing to try and trigger it. Create habits during the day such as asking yourself if you are asleep. If you get yourself to subconsciously check periodically it will theoretically become automatic while asleep.
ChopstickFox

Postby luciddreamer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:35 am

Xanth wrote:
luciddreamer wrote:its strange i onley have memories off my real life when im in the real time zone and then thay play out in fronte off me. over times i continue on with what ever im doing with out qustion. is there any way to get full waking memorie when im in obing.thanks

You mean to say that you have no waking memories while you're experiencing a reality that is similar to what you recognize to be this physical reality. :)

So you know you're non-physical, but you don't have your waking memories. That's what I call a "lucid awareness experience".

When you recognize that you're non-physical, you just need to be mindful enough to bring forth your full waking awareness. It's just something you need to program into yourself to do when you realize you're non-physical.

Things like journal entries... reality checks... they should all trigger the need to wake your consciousness up. Sadly, there's no shortcut that I know of. lol

Maybe someone else will have a better answer. :)

yes thanks thats what i meen
luciddreamer

Postby Xanth » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:38 am

luciddreamer wrote: yes thanks thats what i meen

Yes, that's perfectly normal.
That's the difference between a lucid awareness experience and an astral awareness experience.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that either. It's a 100% projection still. :)

You just need to work on recognizing that you need to bring your full awareness into the experience. This is actually hard to do as you need to initially recognize the need for it.

This is what I do: http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/ ... rojection/

I’ll explain here how I go about converting my Lucid Dreams into full Astral Projections.

How you become Lucid to begin with is outside the scope of this entry and I’ll provide that information later. So, your first step, obviously, is to become Lucid within your dream. This means that you have the basic knowledge, during the dream, that you are indeed dreaming. You know that the environment you’re in now is not part of the physical world, and that your physical body is actually in your bed, sleeping.

The next step is to bring forth your full waking conscious awareness. There are a few methods for doing this, but I’ll just mention the one that I use and know is doable. First, stop what you’re doing and focus on one aspect of the environment or yourself (a flower pot, your hands, etc… ) then begin the process of questioning yourself.

I have four main questions I like to use.

“Where am I?”
“Where am I going?”
“How did I get here?”
and “What am I doing?”

This act of questioning yourself and your surroundings brings forth your critical faculties and opens your full waking conscious awareness.

Congratulations, you’re now Astral Projecting.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Wow. I always have full awareness of my 'waking life' when I OBE. Except for the occasional false awakening, I usually know what I'm doing. So this surprises me.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Bedeekin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Are you wrapped up within the narrative of the events transpiring and don't realise at the time you in the nonphysical/astral/dream-world until you wake up and think 'Doh!!! I was projecting then!!! Damn"? So more like a dream-logic where you believe the events entirely....

or

Are you aware of the fact it is the nonphysical/astral/dream-world but you can't remember that you are you, here, in this reality?

I can relate to both I think. It sounds very familiar.

Over the years I have experienced having SP... trying to separate and suddenly finding myself in what I came to call 'mock dream projections'... almost like a False Awakening OOBE... where I would be preoccupied with this 'dream projection' and upon coming out of the state... realised I had spent my time involved in that instead of the actual projection.

I learned that I had to become lucid within that 'mock dream projection'... lol... basically. From that I would either through sheer will and forethought realise I was in the MDP and turn it lucid where I increased the lucidity to the 'astral' status that Xanth mentions. Or I would instantly return back to my physical still in SP and from that consciously project into a full 'astral' awareness projection.

Other times I have been consciously projecting and it wasn't until returned to my physical that I realised I was having one of these 'mock dream projections' simultaneously, running alongside the actual projection.

Our minds can run on multiple levels. These levels all operate using the same conscious whole and attention can be directed towards any level using your focus and intent.

I would simply take Xanth's advice to increase your awareness once in your MDP.. :)
Bedeekin

Postby luciddreamer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:58 am

its working i kept feeling my body in bed when i was still in a dream and i had more off an rtz events happing aswell i need abit more pratice but i think thats whats been missing. i was thinking about my life in the dream then my mates started to come in to veiw in the dream.its cool thanks.
luciddreamer

Postby Zagadka » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:45 pm

ChopstickFox wrote:I usually fully enjoy my experiences even if I don't have awareness of my waking life. Certainly no lack of quality. Sometimes they can be even more enriching with many things to learn from... I don't think it's something to struggle to get over, unless you personally want to be there with your waking consciousness. Certainly doesn't discredit the experience either. Just had to throw that out there, haha!

I agree with the reality checks thing to try and trigger it. Create habits during the day such as asking yourself if you are asleep. If you get yourself to subconsciously check periodically it will theoretically become automatic while asleep.

I'm totaly with you on this. Us, projectors, may tend to focus too much on acquiring lucidity to consciously project, but classic dreams are also projections... I have been recording and writing down all of my dreams with assiduity. Say the other day I was sad because sometimes I feel lonely because I am single. Then I dreamt a beautiful girl came to talk with me and I took her in my arms and I could feel her entire body. She asked me "You know what I want?" and I replied "Yes I know you want sex". She laughed and she told me to call her back so we could go out together and we said goodbye. That made me very happy for the whole day! I can totaly attest that some normal dreams have been totaly changing my life for the best! Though I am doing everything in my power to acquire the state of lucidity, I recognize and I am thankfuls for all the dreams that help me to improve and go about daily life. What I found fascinating is how most people will wake up from a beautiful dream and be like... "Oh it was just a dream" while on my side, with the perspective that it is a real valid experience "Oh! Wow! Life is good!" :D
Stand tall and shake the heavens
Zagadka

Postby Xanth » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Exactly!

I find that most people who try to learn or practice astral projection hold an extremely strict definition and limit on what a projection is.
Anything that falls outside of that strict definition and limit is automatically brushed off and called "just a dream".

Well, the problem with calling something "just a dream" is that we humans really have no idea what a dream actually is. So, this is knowledge is called pseudo-science.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:34 am

"just a dream".

I call everything a dream and dreamspace as I have no idea on what it really is and where it all takes place so its simple and does not require any beliefs and so for me not limiting.

I admit that I really struggle when the terms astral planes and other dimentions are used as I have no real idea on what is meant by the terms.
Majic

Postby Bedeekin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:16 am

Well... let's not get lost in the forest here. There is a definite qualitative difference between a 'dream' a 'conscious projection' and 'another reality'. The dream follows a 'narrative' has its own subjective logic that renders the dreamer essentially deluded and has subconscious content... the 'conscious projection' doesn't follow a narrative and the experiencer retains the knowledge they are 'projecting' the other is another constrained reality like this one, doesn't have a narrative and never changes upon repeat visits.

Like you said though... the 'dream' doesn't lose any actual impact because it is delusional. If anything it is more relative to oneself than a conscious projection and visiting other PMRs.
Bedeekin

Postby Majic » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 am

thanks and not a lot clearer in some ways, or as we say in NZ 'as clear as mud:

Its the breaking up or putting into levels that confuses me. I use the term dream for anything and everything that happens inside as i assume that is where it all takes place as I dont think we go anywhere. I agree its a little simple and think over the years I have had a full range of experience and can relate to most of everything I see posted but struggle with the terms used.
Majic

Postby Xanth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Bedeekin wrote:Well... let's not get lost in the forest here. There is a definite qualitative difference between a 'dream' a 'conscious projection' and 'another reality'. The dream follows a 'narrative' has its own subjective logic that renders the dreamer essentially deluded and has subconscious content... the 'conscious projection' doesn't follow a narrative and the experiencer retains the knowledge they are 'projecting' the other is another constrained reality like this one, doesn't have a narrative and never changes upon repeat visits.

Like you said though... the 'dream' doesn't lose any actual impact because it is delusional. If anything it is more relative to oneself than a conscious projection and visiting other PMRs.

Exactly!

My perception of the "qualitative difference" between a dream and a conscious projection lies solely with how consciously aware you are. Just as there is a qualitative difference in how *you* feel first thing upon waking in the morning compared to later after a first cup of coffee, so is the difference between a dream and an astral awareness projection. We can do a lot of these physical to non-physical comparisons to find many answers as well.

So, in my eyes, a dream doesn't even really exist. At least, not as humanity unscientifically defines it. LoL
This also would explain and account for the differences in brainwaves during all many labeled experiences we have.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:41 am

Dreams follow a narrative. We can understand that as we are all aware of this. You can exit conciously into some thought generated location and still find a narrative. The difference is you having the awareness to change things around you by choice.
A dream leaves the sleeper with the sheeplike follow, follow and more follow. Not surprised we don't recall them everytime we wake. Baa locks...lol
In a concious position within a dream or induced state, the scenes are generally the same with their inherent happenings, but, we are not sheepified into anything. We have AWARENESS and can nuke the place if so desired. ( not a good idea but yay its possible).
The automatonic conformity of a dream has altered to another where the EGO has it's impressionistic attributes and being naturally in this state while awake, we re-enact our desires with the conviction of a hungry fox inside a hen house.
We remember so much more from the personalized interaction.
Szaxx

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions