Newbie stonieobe

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

Newbie stonieobe

Postby Stonieobe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:52 am

Hi. First off I want to say thanks so much for what you are doing here. Projection is something that I think more and more people are becoming attracted to and the books can only take you so far so it's great that there are people willing to share their knowledge and help people achieve their AP goals.

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.

I have read a lot of stuff on the net ( including a bit of the info here... Ryan's book is great), watched a lot of you tube, and have a Steven G Jones course. So I have a bit of theoretical knowledge but not much practical.

2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?

I think projection is a way to access non physical reality. They say that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience (in our 3d life) and I like the sound of that but find it a little hard to believe because it all feels pretty physical to me. I am hoping to have a conscious AP to find out the truth of that statement for myself. But saying that my life's path has kind of bought me here and I am happy to go with the flow and see what eventuates.

3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?

I usually try to project early in the morning around 2am. I usually wake up around then and things seem to work best for me at that time. But I also have a go before I go to sleep at night if I'm not too tired and through the day if I am home alone.
I can go straight to the vibration state quite quickly sometimes after some relaxation and breathing exercises but i find I can make the vibrations much stronger by following a more involved routine that I have developed over the last few months. This involves focusing on my breath until my mind quiets, then I visualise going to my favorite beach, I enjoy that for a while then picture a beam of white light coming from source down to the beach. I see myself stepping into the beam of light soaking it up and being surrounded by it . Next I see myself decescending 10 steps when I get to the 7th I see it as made of dark red stone like a garnet. I get my root chakra buzzing here then move down to the next step orange carnelian and the next chakra and move on down the steps seeing each one as a different crystal that matches the corresponding chakra as I'm going down the steps I go up the chakras opening them and staying on the step until they are buzzing a bit. When I get to the bottom I see myself going into a white temple when I'm there I raise my kundalini by thinking of a musical tone at my base chakra and going up the scale with each chakra have an ascending note until I get to the top. As I travel up the chakras I see a white light moving up and when I get to the top I feed it back down to the start again getting faster and faster until it is more of a single pulse. Then I exit the temple into a garden were my guides are. Sometimes I stay a while and chat and sometimes just ask for help and protection while I'm projecting.

Sounds a bit long winded but that usually takes me around 15 mins and by that stage I am really buzzing. If the vibrations are strong enough I can sometimes feel myself starting to float up but when I turn my attention to it I come back into myself almost like I'm over thinking things. Sometimes in the vibration state I hear weird sounds and voices. Sometimes I feel sensations on my body like someone is touching my shoulder or ankle. Lately I have been trying the target technique a lot taking my awareness to another room in the house but I find it hard to keep my mind there. I keep coming back for itches or any other excuse I can find.

I think I have had a couple of spontaneous projections that happened when I woke up out of sleep to find myself out of body but the first one I got such I suprise that I went straight back to my body and the second one I was really sleepy before and after so I'm not sure if it was a projection or dream.

4. How long have you been attempting them for?

I have sort of tried on and off for years but have seriously applied myself for the last 2 months.

5. What kind of goals do you have for learning Projection? You can be general or specific.

I just want to do it really.
Stonieobe

Newbie stonieobe

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Newbie stonieobe

Postby Xanth » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:25 am

Stonieobe wrote:Hi. First off I want to say thanks so much for what you are doing here. Projection is something that I think more and more people are becoming attracted to and the books can only take you so far so it's great that there are people willing to share their knowledge and help people achieve their AP goals.

Hi! Welcome to the forums and to the Astral Academy! :)

Yup! Stick with us and we'll hopefully have you projecting consciously in no time.

I have read a lot of stuff on the net ( including a bit of the info here... Ryan's book is great), watched a lot of you tube, and have a Steven G Jones course. So I have a bit of theoretical knowledge but not much practical.

What I have found is that people have a lot more experience with the non-physical than they're lead to believe. Mostly because if you've ever had what you would label as a "lucid dream"... then you've had a projection.

I think projection is a way to access non physical reality. They say that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience (in our 3d life) and I like the sound of that but find it a little hard to believe because it all feels pretty physical to me. I am hoping to have a conscious AP to find out the truth of that statement for myself. But saying that my life's path has kind of bought me here and I am happy to go with the flow and see what eventuates.

It took me a while to figure out what they meant when they say "we are spiritual beings having a physical experience", but it is only half right as we're not really having a "physical" experience. What I mean by that is that when you start projecting consciously into what most people refer to as the "non-physical", one thing you'll quickly find is that it's all VERY physical. It's as physical as the experience you're having right now in fact. So much so that when you begin to question these things, the labels of "physical" vs "non-physical" really do begin to break down and lose all meaning.

However, this is all *MY* experience. What we aim here to do is to get you to experience it yourself first hand so that you can come to your own conclusions. :)

I usually try to project early in the morning around 2am. I usually wake up around then and things seem to work best for me at that time. But I also have a go before I go to sleep at night if I'm not too tired and through the day if I am home alone.
I can go straight to the vibration state quite quickly sometimes after some relaxation and breathing exercises but i find I can make the vibrations much stronger by following a more involved routine that I have developed over the last few months. This involves focusing on my breath until my mind quiets, then I visualise going to my favorite beach, I enjoy that for a while then picture a beam of white light coming from source down to the beach. I see myself stepping into the beam of light soaking it up and being surrounded by it . Next I see myself decescending 10 steps when I get to the 7th I see it as made of dark red stone like a garnet. I get my root chakra buzzing here then move down to the next step orange carnelian and the next chakra and move on down the steps seeing each one as a different crystal that matches the corresponding chakra as I'm going down the steps I go up the chakras opening them and staying on the step until they are buzzing a bit. When I get to the bottom I see myself going into a white temple when I'm there I raise my kundalini by thinking of a musical tone at my base chakra and going up the scale with each chakra have an ascending note until I get to the top. As I travel up the chakras I see a white light moving up and when I get to the top I feed it back down to the start again getting faster and faster until it is more of a single pulse. Then I exit the temple into a garden were my guides are. Sometimes I stay a while and chat and sometimes just ask for help and protection while I'm projecting.

Sounds a bit long winded but that usually takes me around 15 mins and by that stage I am really buzzing. If the vibrations are strong enough I can sometimes feel myself starting to float up but when I turn my attention to it I come back into myself almost like I'm over thinking things. Sometimes in the vibration state I hear weird sounds and voices. Sometimes I feel sensations on my body like someone is touching my shoulder or ankle. Lately I have been trying the target technique a lot taking my awareness to another room in the house but I find it hard to keep my mind there. I keep coming back for itches or any other excuse I can find.

It sounds like you have a good start then. What you need to do first is find your Focus. That'll come at the end of Lesson 2. :)

I think I have had a couple of spontaneous projections that happened when I woke up out of sleep to find myself out of body but the first one I got such I surprise that I went straight back to my body and the second one I was really sleepy before and after so I'm not sure if it was a projection or dream.

As long as you're consciously aware while non-physical, then it's a projection. Well, even if you're "dreaming", that's still a projection, it's just a projection where you're not aware that you're projecting. :)

So what you need to do now is run through the lessons we have so far. There are only 4 of them, but they might take a while to go through. Then, let us know if you have any questions and we'll assist in working through them with you!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Stonieobe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks so much for your thoughts on my comments. I'll start working through the lessons and let you know how I get on.
Stonieobe

Postby Stonieobe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:36 pm

So just a couple of questions... last night in my practise I went there with the intention to use the target technique but I was so seduced by the vibration state that I didn't want to leave it. I tried noticing the things in my vision but that seemed to diminish the vibrations ( found it a little hard to do without getting my eyeballs involved). So I'm thinking the best thing is to get focus away from the body... but don't the vibrations fizzle away if I do this? I realise the vibrations aren't the ultimate goal here but they seem to be an integral part of the process. Do I need to maintain them at a certain level?

Also in lesson 2 when you talk about the martial arts visualisation that you do to focus I realise that this is kind of what I do when I am going to sleep visualising myself in a similar scenario. Is this what I want to be doing here moving more towards a sleeping state?

Cheers
Stonieobe

Postby Xanth » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Stonieobe wrote:So just a couple of questions... last night in my practise I went there with the intention to use the target technique but I was so seduced by the vibration state that I didn't want to leave it. I tried noticing the things in my vision but that seemed to diminish the vibrations ( found it a little hard to do without getting my eyeballs involved). So I'm thinking the best thing is to get focus away from the body... but don't the vibrations fizzle away if I do this? I realise the vibrations aren't the ultimate goal here but they seem to be an integral part of the process. Do I need to maintain them at a certain level?

Acknowledge the vibrations, then ignore them. They're not something to be focused upon nor something to act as a target.
What the vibrations say is "keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right." Then just keep doing whatever it was you were doing which triggered them. Keep pushing your awareness away from this physical reality.

Also in lesson 2 when you talk about the martial arts visualisation that you do to focus I realise that this is kind of what I do when I am going to sleep visualising myself in a similar scenario. Is this what I want to be doing here moving more towards a sleeping state?

Yes. That's correct. Do the visualization, repeat it as often as you need to as well. Just make that each time you repeat the visualization that you allow your awareness to deepen AWAY from this physical reality. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Stonieobe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Ok cool. Thanks for the advice. That can be my homework... focus on focusing. I've got the attention span of a goldfish so may have some challenges there.

I'll keep you posted. Cheers
Stonieobe

Postby Szaxx » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:05 am

Hi Stonieobe,
A good start and from your replies it'll be easy for you to understand what's occurring as you get deeper. Thoughts are what's in control, having the correct ones will allow the process to progress. The vibrations are a common milestone in the art and eventually they will fade somewhat. If you learn phasing,, they may not even appear. Have no worries if they completely stop too. Some of us have never really had them at all and have been active for decades.
Keep going with the lessons asking any questions you required answered no matter how trivial they may seem.
Szaxx

Postby Stonieobe » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi Szaxx. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the VS.

I had a cool experience last night... I went through my routine as I outlined above but this time concentrated on keeping my awareness away from my body and attempting to hold it in my visualization. I was mostly(ish) successful at this and when I got to the part when I was sitting in the back garden talking to my guides I became aware of a separation occurring back at my body. My astral(???) body had separated from my physical and was moving towards where I was in the back yard. By this time my awareness was back in my physical body and my astral body was pulled back in. It was weird because I felt like I was split into three , my physical body, my astral body, and my awareness. I think that if I could have kept my cool and held my awareness in the back yard throughout my astral body would have come there and I would have gone from a visualization to a conscious AP. I tried to repeat the experience a couple of times through the night but felt like I didn't have the energy to recreate it like I did the first time and kept falling asleep.
Stonieobe

Postby Xanth » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Stonieobe wrote:Ok cool. Thanks for the advice. That can be my homework... focus on focusing. I've got the attention span of a goldfish so may have some challenges there.

I'll keep you posted. Cheers

Focus on FINDING what your Focus is. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Stonieobe » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:18 pm

So I have been rewarded with another cool experience today. In my practice My visualization again involved me in the back garden with my guides. I found that if I deepened the vision by feeling the grass ,the warmth of the sun etc, engaging with my guides then this helped to hold my attention away from my body. Anyway out of the blue I found myself in a dream where I was looking through the kitchen cupboards for chocolate. I instantly saw the dream for what it was and it became a lucid dream/ projection ...then it became quite confused. Because I was a bit surprised and I guess I wanted validation that I was projecting I wondered about my body and instantly was back in my bedroom ...then thinking no no walk around do stuff man...instantly back in the kitchen. I went back and forwards between the 2 rooms as my thoughts did over and over. I did manage to settle my mind a bit and walked around the kitchen through the dining table and it finished just after that.

So it was a definite projection experience (awesome!!) but my surprise and excitement made it a bit of a confusing one.
Next time I'll try to keep my cool and control my mind a bit.

Cheers
Stonieobe

Postby Szaxx » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:11 am

Well done, the emotions of success do get you to flit sround. You'll get the hang of it eventually.
Some of the control issues can be removed if you are 40+ feet away from your sleeping body. I had similar issues way back in the 60's. My ventures into the NP were away from the house and it may help you to try this.
Grounding works, I'm glad you already do this, its one giant help for stability.
Szaxx

Postby Stonieobe » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:59 am

Thanks for the advise Szaxx I'll try and stay further away from the house. I'm on a bit of a roll now that I know what it feels like I think I the experience might be a little more accessible to me. I had another short one this afternoon. In it I was walking towards my house when I heard a loud voice beside me say 'nobody likes you' it sounds funny and kind of schoolyardish now but at the time I was a bit shocked. I guess I am a bit overly concerned about people liking me but I thought that if I was ever challenged on the astral it would be more of a horror movie type thing not such a personal dig. Kind of funny though.
Stonieobe

Postby Xanth » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:54 am

Stonieobe wrote:Thanks for the advise Szaxx I'll try and stay further away from the house. I'm on a bit of a roll now that I know what it feels like I think I the experience might be a little more accessible to me. I had another short one this afternoon. In it I was walking towards my house when I heard a loud voice beside me say 'nobody likes you' it sounds funny and kind of schoolyardish now but at the time I was a bit shocked. I guess I am a bit overly concerned about people liking me but I thought that if I was ever challenged on the astral it would be more of a horror movie type thing not such a personal dig. Kind of funny though.

And give Lesson 4 a read if you haven't already.

It sounds like you need to work on strengthening and stabilizing your experience, along with remaining grounded and centered. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Stonieobe » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanks Xanth. That definitely sounds like what I have to focus on next time I project.

I had another couple of attempts last night that didn't result in projections and Its starting to feel like I have a limited amount of psychic energy to play with each day. I feel quite drained after each practice session and I don't seem to have the same level of energy to bring to subsequent sessions unless there is sufficient time and rest in between. Does this sound right to you? Maybe I'm trying too hard and kind of taking the long way to get to where I want to be?
Stonieobe

Postby Stonieobe » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:21 pm

Ok I know that this is starting to look more like a journal than a plan so just this one last experience to share then I'll only mention exceptional things ( although at this stage it is all exceptional to me).
So I was only part way through my run down when I phased into a projection in my kitchen again. There was a large lady there wearing (only) old fashioned underwear. I stood there looking at her thinking how should I deepen this experience !?!? I kind of wimped out ,patted her on the shoulder ,wished her well ,and left the kitchen I flew high in the air then came down at a local beach. They have just installed new seats there that look like canoes so I went over to one and inspected it closely touching the surface etc. I then had the idea that if I looked at the surf and saw what size it was I could come back later and confirm that in the physical unfortunately the sea was just a blur and the projection was kind of feeling more like a visualization so I exited to carry on my run down. The dreams I had from then on we're quite fleeting and I didn't manage to become conscious in any of them.
Stonieobe

Postby Stonieobe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:00 pm

I had an interesting experience a few days ago that might be good to relate.

I went through my normal run down routine but had a stronger than usual desire to return my attention back to my body. When I did I thought I would try the noticing technique and after a while of not much happening a few images started to appear. One in particular drew my attention. It looked like a row of duck feet. As I was drawn into the image more I realized it was actually a row of people's feet covered in a leathery bark like material. The more intensely I looked at the scene the more I was drawn into it until there I was in a strange town I had full awareness of my surroundings. The town was in a mountainous area and the best way I can describe the buildings would be a cross between steam punk and Tibetan village. Everything was grayish and sepia toned. The strangest thing were the people that belonged to the feet that had originally attracted me in. There were about 12 of them sitting on the footpath with their backs against a building and their legs straight out in front of them. they were very close together and arranged from the tallest to the shortest. The footpath was quite narrow so they covered the whole thing for a small section. Each one wore I kind of apron that went from past the tip of there toes right up to above their heads so that if you looked at them from the front on you wouldn't see and part of them except the soles of their feet. The apron looked like it was made of bark. They looked like they were asleep.
I went to walk past them when some one called to me from behind. A man came over to me and asked what I was doing there. I said I was a visitor and just looking around. He said I would have to pay to do that. Funnily enough I had an item of Jewellery in my hand and gave him that. That satisfied him so I asked him what was up with the people on the foot path and he explained to me that they were there as punishment for doing something wrong, they would come there each day and return home each night. The number of days they had to do that depended on the severity of their crime. While they were sitting on the path like that other citizens would walk over them when going down the street. That was their punishment... To be walked on.
I carried on down the street looking at the houses when I had the idea to visit my wife in her shop. I was instantly there. I tried to find her or to see if there were any customers there but the harder I looked the more blurry things were and I couldn't see anything. That is were it ended.

This projection had a very different feel from my previous ones namely that it seemed to include a lot of elements that I wouldn't have thought that I could have thought up for myself. It felt more like a hallucination and didn't seem to start from the dipping in and out of sleep mode my other ones did. It seemed to grow from that one image of feet into a whole world almost like I was coming at things from a different direction.

Since then I have had about 10 or 12 projection attempts that haven't resulted in anything. As much as I enjoy being in that zone I am a bit disappointed because I thought I had the projection thing totally wired... Obviously not. I have read that it is common for people to have dry patches when they cannot project for a while and I guess that is were I'm at. Hopefully it won't last too long.
Stonieobe

Postby Szaxx » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:32 am

Nice experience, what would be considered wierd in our world is the norm in others.
If your shop wasn't part of the initial scenery then you've translocated too as a bonus. Some find this difficult to do and it looks natural to you.
Trying to keep to the initial scene and staying within it for what appears to be many hours can take some careful control of your thoughts. The amount of distractions you'll have will twist and turn you into many different scenes. The idea is to get back on track and try to stay there. If its interesting, this is easier to do, if not it will take you everywhere and soon enough a thought of the body creeps in and you wake.
The lesson on intent will help you stay on track. It requires a strong focus on what's around you and a desire to be locked into the scenery to learn as much as you can whilst experiencing it.
This will prolong your experiences generally and your recall will improve. The recall you'll achieve after a decade or so will far outshine what you have in the physical.
Definitely making progress, well done.
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:33 am

Stonieobe wrote:Hi. First off I want to say thanks so much for what you are doing here. Projection is something that I think more and more people are becoming attracted to and the books can only take you so far so it's great that there are people willing to share their knowledge and help people achieve their AP goals.

I think it's paramount for people to personally witness the greater reality for themselves in order to open their eyes to just how much bigger they truly are. :)

Isn't that that the truth. :)
What you'll find as you venture into what most people refer to as the "non-physical"... is that it's VERY PHYSICAL! I've personally done many tests while projecting in order to test just how physical it is, and it's, literally, indistinguishable from this reality.

However, it's one thing to hear me say that... and another entirely to experience it directly for yourself. It's a mind blowing concept when it hits you. Ground feels like ground, walls feel like walls, trees feel like trees. If you're anything like me, the next question I had then was "what is real?". hehe

You're well in order here. :)
Head over to the lessons and run through them. Especially focus on Lesson 1, which is the video of Tom Campbell. He imparts what I consider to be the basic information for learning to get your intellect out of the way of what is really a natural experience. :)

Let us know when you have any questions.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Stonieobe » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Szaxx wrote:Nice experience, what would be considered wierd in our world is the norm in others.

Yes I agree. I am having to rethink my definition of wierd.
If your shop wasn't part of the initial scenery then you've translocated too as a bonus. Some find this difficult to do and it looks natural to you.

I'm glad I didn't read that it was difficult earlier. I think that if I had then that would have become my reality too. I find that things I have read about ( even if I have forgotten them) seem to become my experiences in NP.
Trying to keep to the initial scene and staying within it for what appears to be many hours can take some careful control of your thoughts. The amount of distractions you'll have will twist and turn you into many different scenes. The idea is to get back on track and try to stay there. If its interesting, this is easier to do, if not it will take you everywhere and soon enough a thought of the body creeps in and you wake.

Thanks for this advise. I will try to keep that I mind next time around.

Thank so much for taking the time to comment on my experiences.

AND.... Really big thanks for the Time and effort you have put in preparing the phasing lesson. You have explained things so well I could almost feel myself experiencing it as I read. It is a great resource to have here and I am sure that I return to read it many times
Stonieobe

Postby Szaxx » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:37 pm

We're here to help and make the art as easy to learn as possible.
In your reply about difficulty influencing your future outcome of any related attempts, this is DOUBT and its the second largest fail creator.
If you forget everything you've read on this subject, the learning becomes far easier as the doubt doesn't exist.
If someone says ,'its too difficult', that is their opinion due to their personal influences. Don't make their assumption yours. If they failed, find out why. Most of it is easy to remedy.
Look at football fanatics for reference. Any team not theirs is defamed in some way. They all do this and none of them say the truth. If your associated with a family group of supporters, you'd see the error in their assumptions.
Best thing here is to forget everything they all have said.
See the similarity?
No bias, an open mind and no doubt to hinder you.

I hope the phasing lesson is received as well in practice. It'd be great to see many new explorers breaking through with its contents.
Szaxx

Next

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy