My journey to Astral Projection

If you would like to keep a journal, simply start a new thread and keep it updated! Handy for dream journals or any other kind of non-physical journal you wish to keep and share.

Postby Inphered » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi all,

I'm active on another site as well, so if you've seen this thread before you'll understand. I'm going to be chronicling my journey to AP, and then my subsequent journeys from there, here. Have a read of this thread to understand a bit more about me.

So my attempt from last night:

Bit of background first;

the binaural app I've been using is called "Astral Dreams" form the itunes store, it has a few binaural patterns labelled Astral 1-3, Lucid 1 - 3, Shaman 1- 4 and dream 1 - 3. There is a description for each but astral 3, which i had my experience with last time is supposed to use the solar plexus Chakra (as written by the ap designer) and considering my double thump my last time i used it, this is what I have decided to continue with for now, and see if i can replicate and further the experience.

I had also done a heavy gym session last night prior to this, so my body was physically tired, but the mind was going strong.

Laid down, put the beats on through a comfortable pair of headphones and just focused on the beats and the blackness, occasionally my mind wandered, but as soon as I realized this, I focused back onto the beats. First thing I noticed is that my tinnitus in me ears (result of accident) would stop/go quite then pop back randomly, this got more frequent the more I relaxed.

As time went on I started to feel light, i had my hands resting on my stomach, I started to lose physical feeling with the bed, with my own self, my hands on my stomach felt as if they were going numb. I began to feel light, then there were very faint vibrations, not full body, but in the extremes, the came and went.

With the feelings of lightness I started to visualize my body turning to fog/steam/mist and rising up from the bed, from my body, as I did this there was an amazing light show going on in front on my eyes, rings of colours starting from the extreme of my sight and moving forwards down a tunnel of blackness (easiest way to explain) then there was 2 almighty flashes, what I now realise was a hypnic jerk and I awoke. In a way i was expecting something like this, but when it did happen i was still caught off guard and woke up. At this point I was seriously tired and decided to actually sleep.

Stay tuned for tonight's trial.

As as with everything, advise, suggestions, critique happily wanted.
Inphered

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: My journey to Astral Projection

Postby Szaxx » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:42 am

A couple of pointers if you've not already worked them out.
Doubt is a time waster expectancy is too.
Both of these are a problem for anyone learning.
Remembering the art is a thought based system, anything negative will manifest as a result.
Eg.
You want to learn the art but THINK it's going to be hard and take forever. This on its own will cause a high probability of the learning doing exactly that.
However as some can learn the art quickly, those natural to it, can expect some results in days not years.
As this is known, a better thought would be ' I AM going to learn the art quickly as I have a natural ability to do this'
This difference in MINDSET will prove it's worth as no negativity exists, your mind is made up and set on success.
Should you find things slower than expected and ponder a thought on this, you are then placing negativity in the expectations. This will slow you down. It takes as long as it takes without any expectations is what should be kept in mind.
Szaxx

Postby Inphered » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Last nights endeavors.

So I'm thinking that trying to ap, after a seriously hard gym session is probably going to have negative influences on my efforts.

Set myself up with the astral 3 track playing again. I noticed quite quickly (it felt fast) that I again had the lightness of sensation, couldn't feel my hands on my body, everything began to feel light, in the blackness in front of my eyes a dark green colour emerged and I had the feeling of looking down a tunnel, the green light shooting circles down this tunnel.

I was at this time visualizing myself turning into a mist/fog/stream and rising from my body. I began to feel some very slight vibrations in my extremes, acknowledged but did not focus on these.my vision in the blackness began to get brighter, a white light and I began to feel as if my body was raising from my physical self. I was then smacked in the face by my lovely wife who was dreaming, and I don't care how good you are, that'll wake anyone up. I gave up attempting again, I began to cramp in some muscles and thought it out off further attempts.

Things i noticed.

All these sensations, visualizations, observations are achieved while still been able to hear the outside world, I can hear the fan clearly, I don't focus on it but I know it's there, so far I haven't had the common trait of the lose of hearing, with the physical state at least.

I seem to be able to reach a resonate state quite fast, the lights, the change in sensation, lightness of odd etc not that I'm complaining.

Gym, while seemingly good to relax the physical body, going too hard has detrimental effects, easy to slip straight to sleep.

The binaural beat has so far given me 3 from 3 positive experiences, I know it is only a tool to assist focus, but when I used to try without I never reached as far as I have so far.

Things to work on.

Not been surprised by hyping jerks, sudden changes in the visualization, lights, colours etc

Focus on the one exit technique, I noticed myself occasionally jumping between a few different visualizations as I felt I was getting closer, which obviously won't help, I need to stick to one technique per attempt, preferable the same technique for awhile before deciding if I need to change.

Remove any doubt as I go into this re; gym workouts before APing. The negative thoughts, while i may not be consciously focused on it, the thought is there an may have an effect on the experience.

The next 2 days might not involved any attempts, I have a very late night tonight and then hockey tomorrow, which I run that will see me home in the early hours of the morning. But ya never know
Inphered

Postby Lionheart » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Inphered wrote:Last nights endeavors.
Things to work on.

Not been surprised by hyping jerks, sudden changes in the visualization, lights, colours etc

Focus on the one exit technique, I noticed myself occasionally jumping between a few different visualizations as I felt I was getting closer, which obviously won't help, I need to stick to one technique per attempt, preferable the same technique for awhile before deciding if I need to change.

Remove any doubt as I go into this re; gym workouts before APing. The negative thoughts, while i may not be consciously focused on it, the thought is there an may have an effect on the experience.

Sounds like the keys to success to me! ;) ;)
Lionheart

Return to Journals