my bodies asleep but mindes awake

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby luciddreamer » Mon May 06, 2013 9:54 pm

during rem sleep i can see dreams forming around me ? what is it i think tinntus is causing it i can still move but carnt fall asleep. it gose on for hours.
luciddreamer

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: my bodies asleep but mindes awake

Postby CFTraveler » Tue May 07, 2013 8:59 am

If you're in REM you're at least half asleep. The dream forming is normal for REM. The tinnitus doesn't cause it, it's just more apparent because you are in deep theta or light delta. More than likely you're asleep, and think you're awake. Does it go on all night, or just before you get up?
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby luciddreamer » Tue May 07, 2013 12:50 pm

thanks it can go on all night it some times last untill 6 am
luciddreamer

Postby CFTraveler » Wed May 08, 2013 8:24 am

Certain stimulus, such as blue light, the TV on, or intermittent sounds can cause the disruption of deep sleep, not allowing you to go deep. Another culprit of this is the misuse of melatonin. If you're taking melatonin to sleep (or to LD or whatever) your brain gets lazy and stops making enough of it, and you don't go into deep enough sleep. So,
Keep your room dark when you're sleeping
Don't read off a tablet or a laptop right before going to sleep. If you must, use a red filter set of glasses to read with.
Don't take LD supplements, especially melatonin, they disrupt your natural rhythm.
Turn the TV off, and if you have anything that goes off at intervals, disable it.
Good luck.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby luciddreamer » Wed May 08, 2013 9:20 am

cool thanks i donte use any drugs it could be moon light as it gose right through my curtons ill stop watching tv before bed for abit and meditate instead. the onley sounds i hear is tinntus when its raging in both ears.
luciddreamer

Postby astralzombie » Wed May 08, 2013 1:58 pm

I have read where some people say they can use the ringing sounds from tinnitus to concentrate on in order to project. But I imagine that depending on it's severity, it is more of a horrible nuisance at best and can severely diminish one's quality of life at it's worst.

CFT listed a lot of the common triggers and hopefully you can identify what may be contributing to your case.
astralzombie

Postby Majic » Wed May 08, 2013 2:33 pm

I would take careful note of the suggestions to get deeper into sleep. I use supplements eery week or two and always get up at about 130am so am very weary of getting a few hours good sleep before hand and from tracking on a sleep monitor know that a cup of coffee early evening can take away deep sleep and worst of all listening to books on the IPhone at bedtime nearly destroys deep sleep. On a great night I get up to 50 minutes of deep sleep in blocks in the first few hours and on a coffee night or listening to books at bedtime it can drop to around 15 to 17 minutes and this is not enough.

Change the simplest thing and it could make a big difference
Majic

Postby luciddreamer » Wed May 08, 2013 3:35 pm

i just did 2 hours meditation and im not watching tv tonight see if that works and i will go to bed early tomorrow and see if its the moon light or tinntus.
luciddreamer

Postby CFTraveler » Wed May 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Also, go outside around noontime. Nothing like letting your circadian clock to know the difference between night and day.
CFTraveler

Postby luciddreamer » Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 am

thanks it seems to be watching tv and and not tierd before bed witch makes the tinntus feel worse than it is.
luciddreamer

Postby Methiculous » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:53 am

I'll be honest. I didn't read all the comments and this is late.
BUT....

Body Asleep / Mind Awake

Doesn't that sum up EVERYTHING! All techniques, supplements or whatever.
Your body rests, but your mind is still active, cognitive, and lucid in thought.

However you get there is up to you.
(Even I don't know how I get there sometimes....)

But it is all summed up in one phrase: Body Asleep / Mind Awake
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions