Lucid Dreams and Illusions

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Re: Lucid Dreams and Illusions

Postby Xanth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:16 am

Majic wrote:I totally agree with this and its one of the reasons I simply use the term dreamspace and lucid dream. For years without the internet and anyone to discuss with I had all of the experiences and they all led to awareness in the dream and that was it and it is still the case.
A couple of nights back I had a body exit that was an OBE, woke myself up from a lucid dream, went back to the dream by just going there, later on woke up but that was a FA and then back to the lucid dream or lucid state again. Full awareness and playing in the dreamspace, it had been a few weeks so I was sharpening up skills like flying or floating, extending arms to make them long, making and dissolving stuff. Just basic skills that I want to use soon.

These states are always present and its normal to experience more that one is a good nights exploring

I do think there are some what I call deep dreams and they feel different but that is in the same way that a task in WR feels different. Take going shopping for food and say driving you car too fast into a corner on sliding on ice - same person going about their business but a totally different focus for a few instants that do feel like different states of awareness and may be but occur in the same body and same place.

I'm glad that others have had similar experiences to myself. It's encouraging. :)

I totally agree with the stance of reducing the lingo. I know I've created some lingo for myself... but that's really only for myself. Should others pick it up, that's their choice.
I've seen a lot of terminology over the course of the last 10 years of researching on the internet. It's been crazy... so many confused people spouting so many confused words. >_<
It's created a huge rift in the non-physical community. lol
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby Methiculous » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Yea, different lingo makes it confusing. Even if people are talking about the same thing they may not know it!

Perhaps a check list of awareness would be a better way to describe the type of lucid dreams we encountered.
For example: Did you remember who you are in waking life (self identity), did it feel like you had a body, was the dream stable (not shape-shifting on its own), what senses did you have ect....
Then it doesn't matter what you call it, I know I was at a comparable level of awareness to others who may choose to call it OBE or Astral Projection. And more awareness does feel different and 'cements' you or 'locks' you in the dream scape longer and deeper. It becomes for all intense and purposes, your reality for a little while. Your brain seems to interpret it the same way it does when awake. A lot of my lucid dreams are not as intense as this and I wouldn't check off those things most of the time.

I might have the exact same checks in the same places as someone else and they call it an OBE and I call it a 'Lucid Dream on Steroids". But it doesn't matter what our lingo was, we know we were experiencing the same type of thing.

But even though I feel I didn't truly leave my body, I don't mind calling it an OBE anymore. That's how it feels. And what I think is going on is that when I moved my right arm, it fired the same brain pattern that an MRI or brain scan can pick up when I move my right arm in real life. And that is why it felt so real. More real than other lucid dreams, in which I usually don't have a body at all actually.

A check list to compare our dreams with each other and even ourselves and own dreams is a good idea because it could also be used to heighten the level of awareness in a dream if you systematically focus and check off all the boxes. (How one does that in the dream is up to them.)
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Postby Xanth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:53 pm

A checklist! That's an excellent idea.
I think I had a post on the main site with something like that... although it wasn't quite detailed.
I should revisit that sometime. LoL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Methiculous » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:01 pm

I just jotted down a few of my own, but it is just preliminary.
A good detailed list that all can agree on would be beneficial.

This shifts the focus not on what happened where, with whom, when, why, in a dream but
WHO WERE 'YOU' IN THE DREAM? It changes everything doesn't it?
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Previous

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions