Lucid Dream Frustration

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Lucid Dream Frustration

Postby Methiculous » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 am

I've been trying to have profound talks with sentient people in my dreams lately.
Although I have been lucid several times in the past week, I have failed to meet one that was sentient, or I am not lucid enough, or the dream occurs too early in the morning and is not deep enough and only lasts half a minute.
I actually wake up frustrated and feel like I had failed at my attempt.

I need to realize that sleep and dreams should not be a project that I am working on and only adds more stress created by myself that I don't need. Who wakes up feeling like a failure because their dreams didn't happen the way they wanted them too?! Nobody should ever feel that way!

I wonder if anybody else has experience this and realized, sleep should NEVER be something to be frustrated about and I am now going to let go and let my dreams be whatever they may be. I will meet a sentient dream character again, it's only a matter of time, and without expectations or desires, I won't wake up disappointed anymore.

(And to think, I feel like a failure after a 30 second lucid dream, when others in this world would give anything to experience at least that. I need to appreciate what I have more and stop 'working' so hard when I should be enjoying sleep!)
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Lucid Dream Frustration

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Lucid Dream Frustration

Postby Szaxx » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:43 pm

The frustration can be taxing on the day following a failed attempt at anything non physical. You hit the nail on the head by having too much expectation on your endeavours.
This is one thing that after 50 years of NP experiences, I still get annoyed at myself for. The let it flow and take its own course doesn't always work.
We set up the required parameters and this is normally enough to do whatever, in some cases it's similar or related and that's acceptable.
Too much or too little sleep plays a large part in this too. It's not easy finding the balance when the desire for success is strong.
Desire isn't intent and the line dividing these changes. Another frustration.
Hitting a dry spell too, frustrating...
Being in a dream and gaining awareness to make it lucid, overdoing it and waking, frustrating.
I understand the many frustrating aspects but it's the way we are after all.
Szaxx

Postby Methiculous » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:08 pm

I have given up on my intent cognitively, (with my wakeful thinking mind), but it still persists subconsciously.
Watch what happens when I let go and try to dream 'normally'. I will probably get what I was looking for after 'giving up trying'.
Dreams have a tendency to do that, don't they?
Methiculous

Postby Szaxx » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Yep, you give up and boom, it happens and you've forgot what you wanted to do. So frustrating lol.
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:40 pm

So you're becoming lucidly/astrally aware... and you're meeting these beings, but you're recognizing them as NOT being sentient?

Could you tell us why you believe they're not sentient?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:07 pm

The dry spells come and go, I have not been lucid for around 2 weeks but not worried as they will happen soon enough or I will put some effort into making them more likely to happen.
Majic

Postby Methiculous » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:11 pm

To majic: I actually didn't have a dry spell at all. I still had some lucid dreams that others would find amazing. But they didn't 'cut the mustard' for me and I regarded them as 'hogwash' (Where do these expressions come from?!??!) :lol: And I must remind myself that the more spiritual lucid dreams, when you talk to somebody who seems to be lucid with you and knows everything only tends to happen 1 or 2 times a month for me anyway. It was my own desire to have one that makes me frustrated. It will come again in time and I need patience.

Xanth wrote:So you're becoming lucidly/astrally aware... and you're meeting these beings, but you're recognizing them as NOT being sentient?

Could you tell us why you believe they're not sentient?

That's a good question. I could share many examples of dream characters or dream people ranging the full gamut from 'empty-shell-zombie-without-a-soul' to the 'these-guys-must-be-real-because-they-think-on-their-own-and-have-feelings' type. I don't know why, but there is a HUGE difference in the dream whether they know it is a dream, or not, and whether they speak without the need to ask questions. Sometimes they are 'talkers' as I call them and they speak and tell you all sorts of things. Those are the ones I am trying to get to know and speak with on their level.

I did meet a person in a dream a few days ago, but they were completely nonsensical and I consider them 'non-sentient' for all intense and purposes.

EDIT: I'm going to keep what I wrote, but I just looked up the word, 'sentient'. It means being able to feel and perceive things. YES even the nonsensical dream characters can do that and I have tested it. I guess what I mean was SELF AWARENESS! Some dream characters are self aware! THOSE are the ones I am talking about and want to meet, but it takes time and may not happen for another month, and I need to be patient. I have a few questions I have rehearsed that I want to ask.... in fact I'll write a new post about it.)
Methiculous

Postby Majic » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:22 pm

I tend to think the sentient DC's in the sense you are stating and for the purpose of moving deeper into the dream world come to you when you are ready, in their own words ( we are always there and always watching). They enter the dream or space in firm and interesting ways and for me more often that not present challenges that define how I am at that moment by the choices I make and are present in the vivid dreams. The vivid dreams where I dont have full awareness are sometimes the most interesting as I follow my true character there and feel like in hindsight that I have been judged or self judged possibly.
Majic

Postby Methiculous » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:28 am

Majic wrote:( we are always there and always watching)

That's my belief too. Some call it the awareness behind the dream. But I feel like in all of us, in our psyche, there is another person residing inside us. Some may even call it a dream guide or even a guardian angel. But it doesn't matter what you call it, I feel that it/they/he/her is there with me at all times. I watched one of the links to a lecture by Monroe a while back and if I am not mistaken he too spoke of it and met his. It could also be my subconscious self awareness and there is nothing paranormal or religious about it, but I can't deny that whatever it is, it loves me unconditionally, perhaps even more than I love myself. (Why wouldn't my subconscious self feel that way?)

Even when you're by yourself, you are never alone. Your mind will be your companion.

And perhaps with more exposure to them in the dream and after getting to know them I can sense their ever-presence with me all the time, even when awake.
Methiculous

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions