Looking for help

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

Looking for help

Postby smudgefish » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:06 am

I'm really pleased that I have found this website, and would appreciate your help.

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.

I read loads as a teenager and tried in vain for years. I have just developed an interest again having been trying to do lucid dreaming so read loads about that and tried all sorts of techniques as yet with no success, then thought I should try astral projection as well again. Reading loads of books and websites.

2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?

I am now a very spiritual person having had a spiritual awakening of some sort about 4 months ago. I see astral projection as the ability to leave my physical body and enter other planes of existance and expand my spirituality. I probably have too many expectations - I want to be able to enjoy lucid dreaming type experiences purely for pleasure, but then also to meet my spirit guides, learn about how expand my knowledge of existance.

3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?

I have been using a basic WILD technique and experimented with SSILD and other techniques such as concentrating on sounds or expanding vibrations through the body. I try to set intentions whilst meditating. I try to project during any afternoon naps I get, most nights as I go to bed, and occasionally in the morning if I wake early.
I have had one semi-lucid dream. I have had one experience of waking and feeling my 'astral' left leg being free, then being able to free the rest of my body except my left shoulder so I couldn't separate, then my daughter woke me up, so didn't fully separate. It was very real with rushing sounds so I'm sure I was very close, but it hasn't happened again yet.
During my WILD method I often get some vibrations, occasional auditory hallucinations, and I can hover around the point of sleep for ages. I am brought back to conciousness by my breathing I always hear it change as I fall asleep and it brings me back, then I start to experience vibrations and electricity running through me and feel things happening. I always get too excited and become more aware of my breathing then my chest gets tight with excitement despite my attempts to calm myself down, and I wake fully. This is what I need to get over to be able to get any further forward (I think).

4. How long have you been attempting them for?

Just under a month

5. What kind of goals do you have for learning Projection? You can be general or specific.

I would like to be able to project regularly and feel that I should be able to do it. I feel that there is so much I have to learn and this is how I am going to learn it. I'm a doctor and have an interest in spiritual healing and would like to be guided in that. I am fascinated by being able to help people on the spiritual plane in all sorts of ways.

In addition I really want to be able to enjoy exploring and having fun in a lucid dreaming type of way.

Very much looking forward to getting some help with this! Thank you.
smudgefish

Looking for help

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Looking for help

Postby Xanth » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:27 am

Sounds like you have a firm base to work from then!

You're right though about your expectations. For myself, that's one of the driving forces which worked AGAINST me for well over 10 years as I was learning to do this stuff.

Go into your practices with the mindset of "if you do it, you do it... if you don't, meh, no worries!" You've got your entire life to figure this stuff out, so there's really no rush. :)

Head into the lessons we have here so far... and let us know if you have any questions. Especially the Tom Campbell video as it can raise a lot of eyebrows for some people. hehe
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby smudgefish » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Thanks Xanth I really appreciate your help. I will look through everything now and watch the videos. I'm sure I have a lot to learn.

I will post back once I have tried some of what is suggested.
smudgefish

Postby Szaxx » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi Smudgefish, nice to have you aboard.
I'm sure you'll find things develop and achieve your goals.
Most of the art is an automatic sequence, you need to know what to do and what not to do. There's signposts along the way that will give an indication of your progress.
It's a personal journey and for most a life changing experience.
Szaxx

Postby smudgefish » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:44 am

I have read and watched most of the lessons (I think) thanks.

I'm still having the problem of getting too excited when I wake: I lie on my back and concentrate whilst falling asleep, falling asleep is easy (I can't seem to stay concious through this part), I then wake partially numerous times probably once every ten minutes or so and come back to conciousness and often feel odd sensations if I try to notice them and occasional rushing noises. I immediately try to relax myself and try to just enjoy the sensations but every time I start to become too aware of myself particularly my breathing and feel myself waking fully before I can get any further, although I then calm down very fast and fall asleep again. This is entirely due to excitement rather than fear.

I have tried a technique I read somewhere about trying to 'separate' by running through numerous techniques quickly on waking (although I'm sure I don't do it properly I think the idea was to run through a full set at least 4 times). it hasb't worked.

I have tried just trying to enjoy the sensations, trying to control my breathing as if I was meditating, trying to concentrate on relaxing, trying to fall asleep again quickly, and trying to convince myself that my first projection is actually going to be very boring and short, but nothing has so far made much difference.

I do realise that I have not been doing this for very long and perhaps it will just take time.

Do you have any advice?
smudgefish

Postby Szaxx » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:28 pm

The one thing you need to do is let go of the physical completely. I notice my breathing just before the rushing noises appear, I totally ignore it and focus on the noises. This puts you in a position where focused attention is directed at the NP and not on the physical.
You need to disconnect from the physical and the noises are the last thing indicating your basically at the door to success.
Try and focus on them with an experience of anything non physical starting. This lasts a few secs and then the scenery starts to appear clearly. Once it has synchronized noises, its time to interact with it.
Szaxx

Postby smudgefish » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:30 am

OkI will try concentrating on the noises. Not sure I can ignore the breathing - it's more of an adrenaline thing and once that kicks in it makes the breathing and heart speed up then I lose focus. I know I'm close if I can get over this.

Actually when I woke with my leg separated and got most of the rest of my body out I was very calm as if I was 'already there' and didn't need to worry about doing anything to acheive separation, maybe if I keep willing that to happen again then it might? It feels like a bit of a psychological game with my subconcious. Maybe it is a bit of fear, or maybe I'm a bit too keen and can't really believe it's actually ever going to work.

I have asked my spirit guides several times to help me (I have a 'spiritual development' guide I have been told who is supposed to be helping me with this sort of thing), how would I know if I was not actually ready to experience astral projection? I have a feeling I might be being held back for a reason. Not sure if you can answer that one. Interestingly I have a white flash in my aura at my left shoulder, this is where my spirit guide often sits, it is where I have also felt some unpleasant spirits in the past, and I was killed by a wound to this area of my body in my last life, and it's where I got stuck when I almost projected. Probably irrelevant but interesting.

I'm sure I will crack it soon.
smudgefish

Postby Szaxx » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Once the fear is under control, any doubts ie beliefs that can hinder you are next to go.
From the noises I haven't had a bodily based separation.
I just build them up and a scene starts within seconds. Once this is all around me I'm in the given environment.
Szaxx

Postby smudgefish » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:05 pm

I was meditating last night as I do every night and made a small step in the right direction. I'm now treating my meditations as a WILD session with the intention of astrally projecting as a bonus.

I have always had trouble with just observing dreams as they start to form, the moment I feel like they are becoming 'real' I pull myself out and snap back to normal conciousness. I think this is my reaction to a loss of control that I feel at that moment, because to continue does entail a certain amount of loss of concious control to fall into the dream.
As I went deeper into meditation last night I saw some very real 3D scenes forming and could almost feel some of the objects I was seeing in front of me. It's about the closest I have come to be conciously aware of a dream, although I still felt myself being drawn back to reality as the scene became more realistic, and so each dip in lasted only a few seconds.

I also had a short WILD yesterday morning and woke immediately with the strongest tingling and vibrating sensation I have ever felt, no noises this time although I tried listening for them. I tried to put myself into a dream but couldn't bring on any images very quickly so tried to will myself out of body, and move my astral body. Nothing worked and I sort of then woke up fully.

Small steps.
smudgefish

Postby smudgefish » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 am

HELP! WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!

I has a Sunday afternoon sleep, lots of concentration on mantra for lucid dreaming, attempt at a WILD, woke several times into a dream like state. Then I woke with the feeling that someone was pulling my right sock hard trying to get the sock off and my leg was lifting up and I though what on earth is one of my children or wife playing at. Looked down and saw no-one was there and thought yes!! I'm going to OBE this time (not sure if I really opened my eyes), closed my eyes again to concentrate and felt all sorts of weird sensations including LOTS of rushing noises, it went on for ages several minutes definitely and I felt some movement of sliding out of my body but it was SO slow and intense, and thought 'I'm just going to let this happen don't mess it up again' and concentrated mostly on staying calm, then I started to feel sick and not well and pulled out and woke up.

I also heard music playing just by my side, and had a feeling of someone else being present. I ignored both of those things but was aware that there was no real music playing it was just a hallucination, and I kept thinking anything could happen now, just ignore it. What a surreal experience!!

Basically I have just messed up totally haven't I? It's been so long since I have read about OBEs, almost given up, I totally forgot to actually DO anything and try to separate and concentrated on totally the wrong thing. Damn, I'm so annoyed now. :oops:

And what was the nausea about? Does that happen sometimes? - the sensations were so intense it really made me feel sick and I couldn't continue.
smudgefish

Postby Xanth » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:06 pm

Sounds like you had quite the experience. :)

The nausea was most likely your physical mind trying to make sense of the non-physical sensations it was attempting to interpret. The more you do this, the less your mind will freak out like that.
Have you ever had a "hypnic jerk" while trying to fall asleep? Well, what's really happening is that for a brief moment, your physical body received some kind of "falling" sensation from the non-physical... and when you interpret it as you "falling" and what do you usually do when you fall? You try to catch yourself... that's what a hypnic jerk is.

Your assessment is mostly bang on. Had you remained calm and actually focused on placing the Intent to move or to go/experience something else... you just might have.

This is definitely excellent progress!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:41 pm

I'll agree, definitely good progress. The noises are the last thing I hear before entering another environment. Ficus on them wanting to appear in another place where you can fly or anything that you can't do in the physical.
A common location is flying above a green valley with trees on the slopes. You can smell the pine too.
It may be a good idea to picture this next time you focus on the noises.
Don't think of anything physical worldly, especially your sleeping body. It may feel present but you really need to ignore it. The last sense of it is another presence is with you. It's your body.
Doing nothing but staying at that stage will keep you there. Thoughts will manifest here and flying as mentioned may be all you need to think about.
Good work indeed, just a push on thoughts of being somewhere else should work wonders.
Szaxx

Postby smudgefish » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:26 am

Thanks for the feedback and advice.

Just hope it happens again so I can get used to it and hopefully get further next time. I suppose I have to stay patient and keep trying, these near OBE experiences (this was the second) happen when I least expect them almost when I have given up.

They have both happened after trying to WILD, falling asleep and being brought to by the feeling of abnormal movement in my legs. Any idea how to bring them on more consistently?
smudgefish

Postby Szaxx » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:03 am

It is quite a passive approach you require, you have the intent and stay aware while the body falls asleep. You don't really do much more than observe and wait for the process to autonomously disconnect you from the physical. When you stay too aware and keep your mind too active, you're not allowing the natural flow to occur. You can try too hard lol.
Relax and stay just aware enough to not fall asleep. See the difference by not doing too much.
An NP chill pill is required lol.
Szaxx

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy