Light/Sound Machines

Discuss and link to the many toys, tools and gadgets out there that you might want to try and want an opinion on from everyone, or something you already use and want to tell everyone about it!

Light/Sound Machines

Postby Lionheart » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:51 pm

I wanted this thread to be all about Light/Sound machines. What they are, what they do, how they help etc.

I personally own a unit named the Laxman Light/Sound Machine. It is a true "modern marvel". It creates non physical focus faster than any method I have every used and I have tried many.

Although it's visuals are more akin to a "LSD" trip or other hallucinogen, you can use it as a spring board into a very deep and vivid Phase Session.

When you first turn it on, you just lie back and let it do it's thing. After about 10 minutes of using it, you start to just notice. Notice what? Notice the colors, see if any shapes are appearing and when they do, which they definitely will, you just focus on that swirl or tunnel or whatever the object appearing before you is.

In a matter of minutes you will find your body is feeling this motion as you swirl, spin fly into the vortex/tunnel before your eyes.

Other things I like to do during a session is just once in awhile, is just to look at my actual physical surrounding. You will be shocked at how vivid it can be. I first start by looking at my toes, then my shins, knees and I keep climbing higher. Once I can see this vividly, I'll make a jump to the kitchen or to one of my doors in the home. Maybe try a venture outside, walk in the snow etc.

I love this device, the experimenting you can do with it is endless.

I wrote a couple of my own programs as well, I named it L3. This one though just uses white lights and the strange thing is, by adjusting the frequency of the lights, I have created color. Now with the Laxman, in the Lax edit, you have a full spectrum of colors to choose from. But, I wanted to just use white light. I have read some articles about the healing a divining powers of white light. I was amazed when I first did a L3 session with the unit, that there was color and very vivid color, it seemed to be in varyng shades of red.

Well, that's good for now. I will stop by this thread periodically to add some other results of experiments and new things i try with this unit.

If you ever get the chance, try one of these Light/Sound Machines, they really are spectacular and an excellent "tool" for NPR discovery.

MJ, my better half, doesn't wish to Phase/OBE/Lucid Dream, none of it. But she loves hearing my adventures and she uses the Laxman for relaxation and to calm the effects of her SAD (Seasonal Effective Disorder), which unfortunately grasps her deeply.
Lionheart

Light/Sound Machines

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Light/Sound Machines

Postby ChopstickFox » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:02 am

Every time I see this brought up, my curiosity starts getting to me. I looked up the price, though, and was like eeeeeeps. It's too bad they don't have like a sample one in a mall or something to check out. Like in Brookstone or something. Or a friend to split it with, haha!
ChopstickFox

Postby Xanth » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:51 am

Yeah, I don't remember exactly what they price is... but I remember it being pretty high.
HOWEVER, with that said, it does sound like an excellent investment as you guys keep giving such high praise to it.

Are there any other similar units of lesser cost?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Lionheart » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Xanth wrote:Yeah, I don't remember exactly what they price is... but I remember it being pretty high.
HOWEVER, with that said, it does sound like an excellent investment as you guys keep giving such high praise to it.

Are there any other similar units of lesser cost?

Yes, many.

Just do a search on Light/Sound Machines.

There are some that start at just over $100 dollars American.

A friend of mine named Craig, gives his reviews on many of the units on the market now.
http://craigtavs.wordpress.com/greetings/

You can try this free program to find out if Light/Sound is for you.
http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/?c=9673569

Last night I tried a new program called Across on my Laxman that kept me in the Alpha state the entire time. When it finished, I was left incredibly alert and aware.

It began with what sounded like Dolphins talking and soon I was treated with the vivid visuals of them as well.

A light/sound machine doesn't actaully create the visual for you, it just leads you to to see what you are hearing.

Example, you are hearing waves splashing against a seashore, then that sound starts to change to basic splashing sound, kind of like you are wading through the water, ankle deep.

Next, the colors change to more of an indigo and you start hearing what sounds like air bubbles, just like you do while scuba diving, this showing/suggesting you that you are underwater exploring and exploring you are.

You see the fish, the coral, basically every part of the deep ocean setting.

It's the suggestion that it creates, that helps your mind kind of go with the flow!

Then you get adventurous and begin to try to focus on other things, not related to the sound.

It's surreal to say the least! :D
Lionheart

Postby ChopstickFox » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:43 am

Thank you for sharing the links! I'm really interested how I wold respond to the light/sound thing. Which trial would I be looking for? The Mind Workstation one?
ChopstickFox

Postby Lionheart » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:53 am

ChopstickFox wrote:Thank you for sharing the links! I'm really interested how I wold respond to the light/sound thing. Which trial would I be looking for? The Mind Workstation one?

Yes, the Mind Workstation is a free 30 day trial. That's more than enough time to give it a fair go!
Lionheart

Postby Xanth » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:52 am

One quick question...

Of your experiences with the light/sound machine, how much of the experience is helped by the machine and how much is due to your experience of knowing what to do to achieve these states?

A light/sound machine doesn't actaully create the visual for you, it just leads you to to see what you are hearing.

Example, you are hearing waves splashing against a seashore, then that sound starts to change to basic splashing sound, kind of like you are wading through the water, ankle deep.

Next, the colors change to more of an indigo and you start hearing what sounds like air bubbles, just like you do while scuba diving, this showing/suggesting you that you are underwater exploring and exploring you are.

You see the fish, the coral, basically every part of the deep ocean setting.

It's the suggestion that it creates, that helps your mind kind of go with the flow!

Then you get adventurous and begin to try to focus on other things, not related to the sound.

It's surreal to say the least! :D

Ooooh, I get it. And the activity helps to also keep your mind awake/aware while this transition happens. Really nice.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Lionheart » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:06 pm

Mary Jo doesn't meditate/Phase, she doesn't even what to remember her Dreams.

But, the first time she tried the Laxman, I put on the Underwater program. When the program complete I asked her a number of questions to find out what she experienced.

She said she found her herself in a Underwater atmosphere, with fish and all the trimmings. She rather enjoyed it too.

All of my other friends reported the same thing. They also were amazed at how "at peace" and how refeshed they felt.

The mental suggestion is so strong that it manifests before your eyes.

Last night I used the program named Vibrations. This one is Tibetan Singing Bowls in a kind of gentle chorus, along with gentle chimes and bells. Very Peaceful! :)

With this one you can basically explore anything you wish. It is very relaxing, but doesn't really have mental suggestion. It doesn't really place you anywhere.

Here is the PDF Handbook that comes with the unit. This will give you a chance to read up on the programs and what they are meant to do, plus you can read all about the different Frequencies and what they do.

It is a great read, even if you don't own the device.

http://www.neurotronics.eu/fileadmin/do ... Laxman.pdf
Lionheart

Postby ChopstickFox » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:29 am

I've been trying that trial, but I guess you still need some sort of LED glasses to really take in the whole effect.

The reason why I want to try this is because out of observation I have found that I am not easily suggestible. Oh, I want to be. I like to think I have a good imagination. I always heard that you need to believe in it for it to work... So why does it not work when I believe, but it works on people who have doubts? Hypnotism hasn't worked, though I am so curious about it. Do you think some people are just more resistant? It would be so cool, though...

Do you have any suggestions to make the most out of the trial? I was messing around with a theta one that had rain. The person told me I was on top of a stairway and I was walking down to something comfortable at the bottom. I imagined what I was seeing and let go, relaxing. I did feel very heavy and I just let myself imagine. It was like I was walking down the great wall, mountains all around, the stones were all green and mossy and the rain was warm. I walked down to where the wall pitched down into a valley and laid down on the grass, enjoying the rain. After that, I just enjoyed the sounds and relaxed deeper and deeper. I wouldn't say I was "expecting" anything, but I certainly wouldn't have been upset if it changed from me imagining it to being there. :/ I started losing track of time, but it never became anything more than that.
ChopstickFox

Postby Lionheart » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:59 am

I would sit in front of your computer in a pitch dark room.

I would then put my Headphones on and play a half hour Meditative music or Binaual Beat MP3 or soundtrack. Then I would sit back in my chair, start the program and sit back and enjoy it.

That's what I did when I used the Trial program.

Just use a simple light program and see how you like it. You can always adjust it later.
Lionheart

Postby Bedeekin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 pm

These machines get a mention in this article.

http://metatoninresearch.org

Quite a cool article. I may have to do a bit more research into the claims of there being a METAtonin.
Bedeekin

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:33 pm

I wonder if one could come up with a simple program for the computer to do this kind of thing.
Take a laptop into a dark room, for example... plug in some stereo headphones and just turn the program on and let the light and sound go.

I imagine that's what some of those links above are?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Lionheart » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Xanth wrote:I wonder if one could come up with a simple program for the computer to do this kind of thing.
Take a laptop into a dark room, for example... plug in some stereo headphones and just turn the program on and let the light and sound go.

I imagine that's what some of those links above are?

Yes, that's exactly what this site does.

http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/?c=9673569

They let you sample it. But it's definitely not the same or unfortunately even close to what the Laxman produces.

It just lets you experience the flashing light phenomenon and try some differenet frequencies.

But it's free, so you don't lose anything for trying it, other then your time spent downloading it.
Lionheart

Postby ChopstickFox » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:18 am

I've still been experimenting with it and sorry I have so many questions. I found the light thing. Do I just sort of like... literally look at it? I need an idiot's guide or something.

I tried with just sound last night and I lost track of time, but didn't lose consciousness. 40 minutes went by without much of a thought. A few times my mind started wandering doing its own thing. Like, I noticed that I was seeing pictures moving about. I couldn't remember though. Is that pretty normal?
ChopstickFox

Postby Lionheart » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 am

ChopstickFox wrote:I've still been experimenting with it and sorry I have so many questions. I found the light thing. Do I just sort of like... literally look at it? I need an idiot's guide or something.

I tried with just sound last night and I lost track of time, but didn't lose consciousness. 40 minutes went by without much of a thought. A few times my mind started wandering doing its own thing. Like, I noticed that I was seeing pictures moving about. I couldn't remember though. Is that pretty normal?

Sit in front of your computer screen, get comfortable and turn the program lights on and close your eyes. Then you just kind of meditate and notice.

It usually takes about 5-10 minutes until you will notice the onset of "sign posts".

Try to do a preset program instead of just looking at the same light flashing. That will get boring quickly.

When the Laxman blinks, it's blinking in shapes and sequences. It is also flashing in different intervals of frequency.

Those free computer programs only give you a flashing light. They don't have a sequence or theme per say.

The Ganzfeld effect technique found here http://web-us.com/ganzfeld.htm is probably the cheapest way to simulate the effect of a AVS unit. All you need is an accompanying Binaural Beat/Isochronic Tone MP3 and even that isn't a must.

Here's even more video that i found with a Youtube search on the Ganzfeld Effect. Some of them are kids just clowning around though.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... dBpn3Te8d8
Lionheart

Postby ChopstickFox » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks, Lionheart, I'll give it a shot. (If the thank button was there I'd press it!! haha!)
ChopstickFox

Postby Xanth » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:54 am

It's funny, I was sitting on the train this morning meditating.
The sunlight was coming in the window and beaming on my closed eyes.
As the trees were going by, the light was flashing all randomly and really adding that extra something to my meditation. LoL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Lionheart » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Xanth wrote:It's funny, I was sitting on the train this morning meditating.
The sunlight was coming in the window and beaming on my closed eyes.
As the trees were going by, the light was flashing all randomly and really adding that extra something to my meditation. LoL

I'm glad you posted this Xanth. I was going to use you as an example because in the past you have mentioned how you used to Phase out/Meditate while on the train, by just using the sunlight and the trees.

A subway would be good for this as well, but unfortunately, much noisier. I think you might need earbuds for that one. ;)
Lionheart

Postby Majic » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Of your experiences with the light/sound machine, how much of the experience is helped by the machine and how much is due to your experience of knowing what to do to achieve these states?

I tend to agree with this as I also wonder how much our experience of any state is compared to "normal" people. I know when I was young I never used drugs as I always felt my dreams were way beyond what others were experiencing even beyond LSD and when they rarely taked about odd dreams they seemed so basic in their content.

There was a new clip on some noise chamber in the states and it was so quiet that people would halucinate in their and the longest someone could last was about 45 minutes. I think that some of us would not leave and be happily away for hours if we had the oppotunity to get in there.

I feel one common element in all techniques is to lose externial sensory impute while keeping external awareness. The inward journey, and yes I know I am pointing out the obvious here but its seems to keep coming back to my mind in a way that requires me to think about it or express the thought
Majic

Postby Lionheart » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:27 pm

I find that we all have the ability to Phase consciously aware. But, it takes patience, practice and perseverance to achieve this state consciously aware.

Why I love my Laxman is that it gives people that don't have the time or sometimes the patience, to get a glimpse of what is possible.

Just opening that door a bit to another person, allows them to see what is possible. It also helps me when I try to explain Non Physical Exploration in general.

I like it myself because it gives me a different "launch pad". I can just turn it on, lie back and let it do it's thing.

The Non Physical focus begins almost immediately. It brings me much deeper, much faster than I can get with just a simple meditation.

It consumes you, then propels you! :)
Lionheart

Next

Return to Toys, Tools & Gadgets