Light/Sound Machines

Discuss and link to the many toys, tools and gadgets out there that you might want to try and want an opinion on from everyone, or something you already use and want to tell everyone about it!

Re: Light/Sound Machines

Postby ChopstickFox » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:42 am

I'm still staying optimistic, but no effect as of yet with that trial. I'm starting to think that maybe I wouldn't have much better luck with the thing itself. I still wish Brookstone had samples... :(
ChopstickFox

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby Bill Sparks » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:20 am

Lionheart wrote:I wanted this thread to be all about Light/Sound machines. What they are, what they do, how they help etc.

I personally own a unit named the Laxman Light/Sound Machine. It is a true "modern marvel". It creates non physical focus faster than any method I have every used and I have tried many.

Although it's visuals are more akin to a "LSD" trip or other hallucinogen, you can use it as a spring board into a very deep and vivid Phase Session.

When you first turn it on, you just lie back and let it do it's thing. After about 10 minutes of using it, you start to just notice. Notice what? Notice the colors, see if any shapes are appearing and when they do, which they definitely will, you just focus on that swirl or tunnel or whatever the object appearing before you is.

In a matter of minutes you will find your body is feeling this motion as you swirl, spin fly into the vortex/tunnel before your eyes.

Other things I like to do during a session is just once in awhile, is just to look at my actual physical surrounding. You will be shocked at how vivid it can be. I first start by looking at my toes, then my shins, knees and I keep climbing higher. Once I can see this vividly, I'll make a jump to the kitchen or to one of my doors in the home. Maybe try a venture outside, walk in the snow etc.

I love this device, the experimenting you can do with it is endless.

I wrote a couple of my own programs as well, I named it L3. This one though just uses white
led light and the strange thing is, by adjusting the frequency of the lights, I have created color. Now with the Laxman, in the Lax edit, you have a full spectrum of colors to choose from. But, I wanted to just use white light. I have read some articles about the healing a divining powers of white light. I was amazed when I first did a L3 session with the unit, that there was color and very vivid color, it seemed to be in varyng shades of red.

Well, that's good for now. I will stop by this thread periodically to add some other results of experiments and new things i try with this unit.

If you ever get the chance, try one of these Light/Sound Machines, they really are spectacular and an excellent "tool" for NPR discovery.

MJ, my better half, doesn't wish to Phase/OBE/Lucid Dream, none of it. But she loves hearing my adventures and she uses the Laxman for relaxation and to calm the effects of her SAD (Seasonal Effective Disorder), which unfortunately grasps her deeply.

Thanks man for starting this wonderful thread.. It does help in increasing knowledge about light and sound machines.. I am looking to get new machine so I will share my own experience very soon
Bill Sparks

Postby Xanth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:59 pm

If you need to know anything about Light and Sound machines, you've found the right guy! Lionheart is a pro with them. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Lionheart » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 am

Bill Sparks wrote:Thanks man for starting this wonderful thread.. It does help in increasing knowledge about light and sound machines.. I am looking to get new machine so I will share my own experience very soon

I look forward to reading it. You can find a ton of info in this thread as well. : http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welco ... 015.0.html
Lionheart

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:29 am

As most of you know, for the last couple of years I have been a strong advocate of AVS (Audio Video Synthesizers/Stimulators) in General. My "tool" of choice has been the Laxman Light/Sound Machine which sells for about $650.00 American. That's a lot of money for most people to easily dull out, especially with the current Economy.

Last week a member of the Astral Pulse put a message about a new machine that is cheaper and better than the Laxman.

I immediately searched it out and was astonished with what I found out. The creators of the Kasina have been in the AVS market for many years and know what it takes to make a quality device. Craig T, a man that writes reviews on AVS machines told me last year about a special project he was working on that was going to change the way we looked at AVS units for now on. He said it was too be a "Next Gen" AVS device. Many of the devices currently on the market follow the same concepts and designs that were set back in the 80's. The makers of the Kasina also wanted to introduce it to the public at a affordable price. That way many more people could open up to the "wonders" of AVS.

The Laxman was the "Next Gen" in comparison with others. But this new unit is much more improved than the Laxman.

My only "beefs" with the Laxman was the heavy Goggles (which have fantastic visuals/Mandelas), the difficulty in creating new session via Lax Edit (It took me about 2 weeks to finalize my L#3 Session) and lastly the high price of extra sessions/downloads via the company. One Album was going to set me back over a hundred dollars, than I needed a new mini SD card as well, which I would have to purchase on EBAy/Amazon. That downloadable "Album" has 5 songs/session on it, each running from 15-40 minutes long.

The Kasina is a light weight set off Glasses. It has it's own SD card and also has an extensive set of Sessions right from the start up. But the most important feature is the fact that you can create and share Sessions via Transparent's Mind Workstation and Neuro Programmer, which are very well known and highly reputable programs in the AVS World.

I am going to purchase one tomorrow. When I found out more about a feature called the "Color Organ" which turns your own Music/MP3s into a Light/Sound Session automatically, I knew I had to have it. That means all of my Binaural Beats and Isochronic Tones (I have many of them, lol) that I have accumulated through the years can be tested to see what frequencies and tones are the most efficient for NP exploration.

I have found through my own experiments/experiences that AVS is indeed a VERY useful "tool" with NP exploration. I wish I could state that with more "urgency", but you have to see for yourself!

Here is a link to the Kasina. Right now they have a Special Offer on it.
http://www.iproducts.ws/kasina-avs-synthesizer.htm

Here is link to a Forum on the Kasina.
http://www.mindplacesupport.com/forum/f ... ?30-Kasina

Lastly here is link to AVS/Mind Machine FAQs
http://www.iproducts.ws/mind-machine-faq.htm

For anyone interested, here is my questions to Craig and his reply on the new Kasina.

"Hello Craig. It was your fantastic review of the Laxman and your personal replies to my emails that got me to finally purchase the Laxman Light/Sound Machine 2 years ago. I enjoy it and still use it often today, but more for Non Physical Exploration/Altered States more than anything.
Before making this next leap of faith, I would like to know your comparisons between the Laxman and the Kasina.
I am a Moderator over at the Astral Pulse Forums and have been a strong advocate of the Laxman for a couple of years now. Many of our members there have purchased the Laxman and been very happy with it as well.
Do you think this the Kasina is worth the purchase? The “peeves” I have with the Laxman is the high price of extra Sessions, the difficulty of using Laxedit to make new Sessions and the heavy and tight Goggles that the Laxman uses
How do you rate the Mandelas and the visuals in general?.
Brightness, contrast etc? Can I still use my own Bose Noise Cancelling headphones or are the Kasina’s earplugs good enough?
Quality of the Goggles?
Thank You!"

Craig's Reply:

" Hi,

Good to hear from you – I see quite a few visitors from AstralPulse – always welcome.

Apart from open-eye, the Kasina is everything the Laxman is plus…
8Gb uSD for session/MP3/WAV storage, easily swapped.
USB charged LiIon battery.
AudioStrobe
SpectraStrobe
Color Organ
Kasina Basic Synth
USB Audio Device
Ultra- intense, spectaylar closed-eye color GanzFrames.

Several open-eye glasses designs are being considered – it shouldn’t be too long before open-eye glasses become available, I’m guessing MindPlace will be wanting to see some revenue in before blowing any more on R&D – Kasina has been a long project with a lot of input from experts and spectacular evolution brought about by Robert’s engineering associates.

I haven’t had a production unit with factory earbuds, so I can’t comment. I’m sure the Bose will be fine either way.

GanzFrames, light and robust, excellent visual field. I haven’t had production versions yet, but the two prototype versions have been better than most and I’d certainly be happy with the build. I’m looking forward to seeing the brighter LEDs in the version after my latest.

Anyway, to your main question, yes, the Kasina is worth the purchase, pretty much irrespective of what other devices you may have.

You will note that where I usually equivocate when recommending a device, because I know of the strengths and weaknesses of the various options. With the Kasina, apart from obvious matters of form, there is no compromise. It will do, or soon will with simple accessories, many DIY, anything that can be done with AVS.

Supported by MWS, MuLab, a free KBS editor, and anything that can make some fairly easily replicated, open protocol (SpectraStrobe) signals – no development contraints. It is also true 6-color – all three leds on each side are independently controlled.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Craig"
Lionheart

Postby Szaxx » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:05 pm

I've been following your thread for a good while now. A few interesting thoughts are on the colours being used these will be filtered greatly with closed eyes and can they be seen?
It also keeps on improving as technology does too. I've not built one yet as it appears I don't require this tool but the interest is there. The nearest I came to making one was a sound to light unit I made during the 1970's. With the right music the 8 channel device had independent lights and not strobed like many modern units, did help you to relax.
I'll look forward to your review, as it's usability will be unbiased and given a thorough test.
Szaxx

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Szaxx wrote:I've been following your thread for a good while now. A few interesting thoughts are on the colours being used these will be filtered greatly with closed eyes and can they be seen?
It also keeps on improving as technology does too. I've not built one yet as it appears I don't require this tool but the interest is there. The nearest I came to making one was a sound to light unit I made during the 1970's. With the right music the 8 channel device had independent lights and not strobed like many modern units, did help you to relax.
I'll look forward to your review, as it's usability will be unbiased and given a thorough test.

Yes Szaxx. The colors are random patterns due to the current Session format and are accompanied by Music that fits that color or Session theme per say.

Examples of this: A Session that contains many shades of "Blues/ Greens" will likely have a water theme to it. The sounds of crashing waves, bubbling water etc. creates a strong mental suggestion, so strong that you can "shift" into that scenario.

Many times the Mandelas and patterns will take on their own lives. By noticing you can "lock" on to a certain pattern and watch as it morphs into a full blown scenario.

I like the machine because I can take people that do not practice AP or any form of meditation and see almost instant results form them. All of my friends and family have had some kind of NP experience while using my Laxman.

I am ready for a upgrade to my machine, but until recently the upgrade was the Lucia 3 which is still over $23,000 American. This unit was created for us, (we that wish to experience the NP), with the intent of keeping the price low, but sparing no "options" in achieving that. :)
Lionheart

Postby Szaxx » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:16 pm

23K, that's one scarey pricetag. The RnD behind all these units would be worth getting hold of. It's this part that can cost so much.
Still an ouch though. Making one that connects to a laptop would be quite simple. Even a stand-alone unit would, the big question is in the programming and synchronicity of the AV sequence.
What actually works well with the mind is valuable info. Getting hold of it is another story...
Szaxx

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:05 pm

You can get a 30 day free trial at Transparent's Mind Workstation and Neuro Programmer. But that doesn't really do a thing unless you know the right frequencies and sets to use.

These AVS machines have Sessions that have been proven and created for the desired task. Whether it is Altered States, Learning, Relaxation etc.

That's where the real skill comes in. I found via the Laxman and Laxedit how difficult it really is to make a Session that works. I got lucky with the L#3 Session, because Leaves and I had been talking about frequencies that we could use. We both created a Session in a night, then compared them and found that mine was really good. His was 60 minutes. I find that 60 minutes is too long. 25-45 seems perfect.
Lionheart

Postby Lionheart » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Here is my first of the Kasina based on my new purchase.

I made my purchase for the Kasina on Thursday and received it on Saturday. Wow, what fast service.

I paid $300.14 and bought it at http://www.toolsforwellness.com/75047.html, using their 14% off coupon bonus. Tools for Wellness is a good company. I purchased my Infratonic QGM Sound Pain machine off of them about 10 years ago. I had a problem with it after the 2nd year and they promptly replaced it for me.

The first thing I did when I opened the box was to get the Power and adapter out so I could charge the machine. I started the charge at 3 pm, took it off the charger at about 1 am. I then read the manual. The manual advises that if you wish to see what the unit is capable of, to start with a Session named "A Starlit Night" that is found in the Mind Art folder.

The Session started out rather intense. It was more of a strobing light Session then the gentler "mental suggestive" Sessions I am used to on the Laxman. This kind of caught me off guard, but I saw it through. Once I was acclimated to the strobing, I could do some basic experiments. My first was trying to see my "etheric" body like I do when I use the Laxman. This was very hard to do, because the blinking was definitely Altering my perception. I then started to see what kind of thought =action there was. This was incredibly vivid. Whatever I thought of was very easy to see. First I started with the simple throwing a basketball, then some juggling, followed by some basic Geometric shapes. I had no problem producing these visuals at all. Then the lights changed or at least their patterns did. Once again this caught me off guard. So I decided to just lie back and let the lights bring me where they wished.

After about the first 5 minutes I could feel that my body was completely numb. The strobing lights had almost completely consumed my physical focus. When the Session was completed (15 minute program), I just laid there kind of "catatonic". I laid like this just noticing for about 20 minutes, then MJ's grandson awoke crying and I had to tend to him. That pretty much ended my nightly adventure.

Now to the machine. First off it is very easy to navigate the controls. The only thing I had to do was to bump up the Master Volume a touch. They had it set for EU regulations. The glasses are more like Sun Glasses then the heavier Goggles of the Laxman. That was a good thing. But I seem to like the way the Laxman kind of produces a mental suggestion, kind of guided tour, to the constant strobing lights of the Kasina. But, I had only tried one Session with the Kasina and that Session was found in a category known as "Mind Art". So I am sure it was meant to be that intense and used the strobing lights to create it's chosen goal.

There are a number of categories and subheadings on the Kasina. This will take a while to work my way though them. I'm sure that the Trance and Meditation Sessions will be much more relaxed.

Anyways, this is my first impressions. I still use my Laxman and will continue to. In my last couple of posts I have "nitpicked" the Laxman, saying what I didn't like about it. But I will state now truthfully that the pros of the Laxman far outweigh the cons. The Laxman is great machine. I chose to purchase the Kasina because I wanted to create more Sessions myself and was having a problem with this on the Laxman. I also was curious what the "Next Gen" of AVS was going to bring.

In about a month I will do a follow up to this review.

Thank You! :)
Lionheart

Postby Majic » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Whatever I thought of was very easy to see. First I started with the simple throwing a basketball, then some juggling, followed by some basic Geometric shapes

Have I got this right, when all wired up you think of something like the shapes or actions and the images get produced in some way?
Majic

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:15 am

Majic wrote:
Whatever I thought of was very easy to see. First I started with the simple throwing a basketball, then some juggling, followed by some basic Geometric shapes

Have I got this right, when all wired up you think of something like the shapes or actions and the images get produced in some way?

All wired up nowadays consists of the one line going to your eyewear and the other to your headphones.

Once the program or Session is underway, you find that you have 0% focus on your physical body and are free to experiment in that state with whatever you wish to do.

Many times I will just lay back and ALLOW the mental suggestion of said program to do it's thing. An example of a "mental suggestion" session would be a Underwater Scenario would have the sound of bubbling water, crashing waves etc. and also use a lot of blues/aquas and green in the program. In this setting you could easily find yourself swimming, paddling a boat, snorkeling etc.

I have also found that it is really fun to experiment while in that Altered State and see what you can do. Like walk around the house or visit any other intended destinations.

But, sometimes the program is so intense that you just lay back and let it "blow your mind" per say.

The Laxman Sessions were relaxing enough (meaning no real extreme changes in the lights/sound), that I could use the NP focus attained to experiment, sometimes within a couple of minutes of starting the Session. You also find that through the repeated use of such a device that you are entraining your mind to shift much faster than usual. It's a "tool' pure and simple, but a VERY HELPFUL one.
Lionheart

Postby Majic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:48 am

Looks like another gadget to be ordered soon. Can you launch to lucid states from this machine or are you limited to the help it offers?

It could be an interesting tool for afternoons and curious that if you can get lucid from it would that correspond to a REM state
Majic

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 am

Majic wrote:Looks like another gadget to be ordered soon. Can you launch to lucid states from this machine or are you limited to the help it offers?

It could be an interesting tool for afternoons and curious that if you can get lucid from it would that correspond to a REM state

it will help you attain a NP focus faster than you will by simple meditation. What you do once that happens is up to you.

I use it in the afternoon and during my night time Sessions. But some members of the Astral Pulse have reported that they use their AVS machine upon awaking in the morning or if they are stirred awake at nighttime. They report that it does induce very vivid NPR adventures.

Many of these machines have programs that are geared towards lucid Dreaming. I see the Kasina has a entire section as well.

Here is the Manual. You will be able to see the Sessions included with the unit and their various uses.

Page 7 and on goes into the Sessions included with this device.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/toolsfor ... manual.pdf

Here is the Handbook and Sessions for the Laxman. Info on the Session for it start on Page 5.

http://www.neurotronics.eu/fileadmin/do ... Laxman.pdf
Lionheart

Postby Majic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:36 pm

I just placed an order for the machine. It looks interesting and as I travel a lot it could be a great tool for the road.

Will follow up with some questions and maybe a thread for ideas, experiences and anything of interest that occurs. I have about finished my isolation chamber at home and this will be great to use in there as well

Cheers
Peter
Majic

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your "Isolation Chamber", once you start using it.

I would say that a AVS machine would be a great "warm up" for a Iso Chamber Session.

The cool thing with a AVS unit is you can just ALLOW the lights/sound to create mental suggestions or do your own experiments. But when the Session ends, you are left in a very deeply relaxed NP state of mind. Perfect for launching.

This gives you two options/chances to experience the NPR consciously aware. Double the fun! :)

Which did you order, the Laxman or the Kasina?
Lionheart

Postby Majic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Kasina

Ordered the Kasina and looks like its on the way.

Also with my sharp mind looked at the title of this thread and ummm, can post on this one :roll:
Majic

Postby Lionheart » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:20 am

Majic, Scott (Neuroasis) over at the Mindplace.support Forum has created a new download named "Dream Recall". Here is his pretext for the download:

"Dream Recall is a brainwave entrainment track with AudioStrobe light encoding embedded. It is designed to help with recalling your dreams.

It is 90 minutes in length. To use, set aside some time to take a nap and let the beginning of the session lull you to sleep. It ramps down to Delta waves to facilitate this.

At brief intervals roughly corresponding to 'sleep' spindle stages, quick ramps of theta frequencies are introduced with light flashes to raise your awareness. At the close of the session tibetan blows slowly wake you up as the frequencies ramp back to theta and then alpha.

The idea is to take a nap consisting of a full sleep cycle of 90 minutes and gently awake. Lie still and consciously seek to recall your dreams. Vividly try and revisit them.

You can download the track as a high quality 320kbps MP3. This preserves the AudioStrobe light encoding

Please share your results."
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Now I know that a 90 minute nap at about 8 pm, followed by a regular sleep at 11-12 pm will normally lead to a 3am awakening in full SP. I am curious to see what effect his light/sound Session, Dream Recall, will have on the entire experience.

I love that Scott is thinking outside of the box. ;)

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/forum/s ... eam-Recall
Lionheart

Postby Majic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:54 pm

I expect the parcel in the post soon and keen to give it a go. Downloading the mp3 file now as well so thanks for that. The main purpose is dream recall it seems, that will be interesting as I have good recall, think I do as I get an awful lot of dreams down on paper with very few dry spells so it will be interesting to see what it does.

I might create an account on the MindPlace forum as well, had a look and it seems interesting
Majic

Postby Szaxx » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:49 am

A few attempts at the soundcloud track mentioned failed after a while. It's a has good feel to it and I started some clear visualisations with it. Unfortunately it crashes at this point and the noisy house prevents further progress. Is there an MP3 version available? That would allow further experimentation with what appears to be quite a good tool.
Szaxx

PreviousNext

Return to Toys, Tools & Gadgets