Let's Get This Thing Started

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

Postby Wonereheb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.
Read about this for years and now I have decided it's my turn. I have read and tried Robert Bruce. Since I didn't seem to be getting anywhere I was searching around and came across Robert Monroe. I find is work very interesting. Which led me to Astral Pulse, and I created a user account there but didn't post anything, there seemed to be mixed views offered by many. Anyway, Xanth, I liked the way you explained things so I came to your web site and read your book. Thank you for that. I then picked up Franks thread and so now I am really ready.
2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?
I would like to take this as far as I can go. Just please help me get out of my body for the first time. I'm aware that I project all the time and I have had some amazing lucid dreams but I want to be fully conscious. I want to see that aging old body of mine lying there in the bed. :D
3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?
I tried the violent body vibrations but I think I was forcing it on myself, so all I got was a headache. :oops: The phasing looks and sound much more modern day to me. Must be because of my Electronics Engineering back ground.
4. How long have you been attempting them for?
I tried a few years ago but gave up. This go round starting with Robert Bruce is 5 months ago. Read Monroe's book Journeys out of the body and that's what I have been trying to-date.
5. What kind of goals do you have for learning Projection? You can be general or specific.
I am willing to work at this everyday. So far this year I have been working at it just about everyday. I started a journal and I understand that I need to get to that fine line between sleep and awake. Do suffer from insomnia which makes it hard for me to fall asleep sometimes. I can go to bed at 11pm and not doze of all night and then get up before the alarm goes off at 6am and got to work with no sleep at all.

Anyway, it seems you guys are willing to help in this area and I am certainly whiling to try my best. :shock:
Wonereheb

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Let's Get This Thing Started

Postby Xanth » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Wonereheb wrote:Hi Everyone,

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.
Read about this for years and now I have decided it's my turn. I have read and tried Robert Bruce. Since I didn't seem to be getting anywhere I was searching around and came across Robert Monroe. I find is work very interesting. Which led me to Astral Pulse, and I created a user account there but didn't post anything, there seemed to be mixed views offered by many. Anyway, Xanth, I liked the way you explained things so I came to your web site and read your book. Thank you for that. I then picked up Franks thread and so now I am really ready.
2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?
I would like to take this as far as I can go. Just please help me get out of my body for the first time. I'm aware that I project all the time and I have had some amazing lucid dreams but I want to be fully conscious. I want to see that aging old body of mine lying there in the bed. :D
3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?
I tried the violent body vibrations but I think I was forcing it on myself, so all I got was a headache. :oops: The phasing looks and sound much more modern day to me. Must be because of my Electronics Engineering back ground.
4. How long have you been attempting them for?
I tried a few years ago but gave up. This go round starting with Robert Bruce is 5 months ago. Read Monroe's book Journeys out of the body and that's what I have been trying to-date.
5. What kind of goals do you have for learning Projection? You can be general or specific.
I am willing to work at this everyday. So far this year I have been working at it just about everyday. I started a journal and I understand that I need to get to that fine line between sleep and awake. Do suffer from insomnia which makes it hard for me to fall asleep sometimes. I can go to bed at 11pm and not doze of all night and then get up before the alarm goes off at 6am and got to work with no sleep at all.

Anyway, it seems you guys are willing to help in this area and I am certainly whiling to try my best. :shock:

Hi there Wonereheb!

Welcome to Unlimited Boundaries and Destynee's Plan! :)
I'm certain we can help you with your goal! You sound like you're aiming for more of a projection where you experience this physical reality.

Tell me about what you call your "lucid dreams"?
How often do you have them?
How "aware" would you say you are in them?

Apart from that... start working through the 4 Lessons we've posted, you'll find them as stickies at the top of the Destynee's Plan forum. :)

And if you have any questions about them, please ask!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Wonereheb » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 pm

One of the things I didn’t mention in my original post is my name is Michael Eardley and I live in Dallas Texas. I have only been here for the past 15 yrs. I grew up in Toronto.
The last lucid dream I had was about a month ago. They don’t happen that frequently with me. But when they do they are very vivid and I always feel or start to feel that I am in a dream.
In this dream I was in a door way of what seems to be an apartment building, an older building on a street like in the beaches. You will know what I mean. There a lot of very close homes with cars parked on both sides of the street and concrete or wood steps down to the sidewalk.
I am trying to take a metal electronic box from the wall. This makes sense earlier in the dream but I don’t want to create a novel here. Although now it seems to be the intercom to buzz you in. Any way I remove it like a safety deposit box and I am holding it by the handle when a group of people are walking along the side walk.
Dogs start barking, one on the right, there is a second one but I can’t see it I just know it is there. A young female separates from the group and approaches the dog, which is barking a lot and now starting to bare it’s teeth. She seems to be unmoved by this and approaches the dog and offers what seems to be a treat. The dog angrily takes the treat and calms down.
She now turns to me and starts walking towards me. When she is about 5ft away she stops and places her hands on her hips. She is looking right into my eyes and without her lips moving she says, ‘WELL?’. I respond, I believe telepathically, with something like ‘I see you’ from the AVATAR movie. Then she walks right up to me and plants a kiss on my face. Well, there isn’t a mango picked freshly from a tree that ever tasted that good.
I asked if I could have another. She reciprocated and then after the fireworks I woke up.
All I can say is I woke up and said WOW, not even sure if I said it verbally!
You asked!! :P
Now looking for the lessons you suggest!
Wonereheb

Postby Xanth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Wonereheb wrote:One of the things I didn’t mention in my original post is my name is Michael Eardley and I live in Dallas Texas. I have only been here for the past 15 yrs. I grew up in Toronto.

Excellent! I live just outside Toronto and up until the beginning of this year I worked in Downtown Toronto. :)

That's a great experience you had!
How aware were you through it? Would you say you were as "aware" as you are right now?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Wonereheb » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:53 am

Lived near the airport where I grew up. My Dad was chief engineer on the Avro Arrow. Then when I got a job with IBM I moved to Markham. Now I am in Dallas teaching IBM software courses, but now I work for a consulting company called Perficient.

In answer to your question. No I am not as aware as I am now. Right now I can ask 'Where am I' and What am I doing'. Although the Lucid dreams are extremely vivid in sight, feel and taste, I don't seem to have any control. Most of my other dreams I seem be to third person a lot and they are more foggy and weird. In the more vivid dreams I become more aware of my surroundings but I am following a script, although I do start to wonder why just before I wake up. And also as I said the more vivid dreams are rare.

On another note I have been getting up an hour earlier every morning so that I can practice AP. That's where you come in , right! ;)

Got to go, class is starting soon. Teaching a virtual class this week. I plan on watching the video this weekend. Next week I am in Vegas and the following week I am in Boston teaching, so I am in a different hotel and bed every week, but I do plan on sticking with this.

Thx... :)
Wonereheb

Postby Wonereheb » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:54 am

I have finished watching the video with Tom Campbell. It was very interesting. So much so that I am willing to go over it again for some of the key points he mentions.

I have started watching the video for Lesson 2 and I have also read Lesson 3 and 4.

So at this point I will continue watching the focus video for the next few weeks and continue reading some of the other threads and see where this leads.

Hopefully some day soon I can say 'yes' I have had my first real NP.

Thx guys.....
Wonereheb

Postby Xanth » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Wonereheb wrote:I have finished watching the video with Tom Campbell. It was very interesting. So much so that I am willing to go over it again for some of the key points he mentions.

I have started watching the video for Lesson 2 and I have also read Lesson 3 and 4.

So at this point I will continue watching the focus video for the next few weeks and continue reading some of the other threads and see where this leads.

Hopefully some day soon I can say 'yes' I have had my first real NP.

Thx guys.....

Excellent!

I would suggest one thing: Temporarily put a hold on everything you think you know about Projections. I, for one, have learned that all of the labels there are out there for this stuff... 99% of them don't work. People enjoy labels, then trying to place their experiences into those neat little labels... this is where most people, including myself, fail.

What I mean is that you're much better and more successful at projection than you think you are. Your lucid dreams ARE projections.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Wonereheb » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:40 pm

Xanth wrote:Excellent!

I would suggest one thing: Temporarily put a hold on everything you think you know about Projections. I, for one, have learned that all of the labels there are out there for this stuff... 99% of them don't work. People enjoy labels, then trying to place their experiences into those neat little labels... this is where most people, including myself, fail.

What I mean is that you're much better and more successful at projection than you think you are. Your lucid dreams ARE projections.

Thanks for your input and help. The information from Franks posts, Robert Monroes books and of course the info you have provided are giving me confidence that Relax and Notice should be all that is needed. I have been practicing twice a day, 4pm with Exploring Focus 15 and 4am with just noticing

Didn't no I dream so much. Since I started a journal, I have discovered I dream every single night if I take the time to notice.

The best time that seems to work for me is about 4am. The body easily will go back to sleep. I am able to see 3D black some times. And I notice things moving around sometimes. But I think I am a bit of an ambulance chaser and every time something happens I rush to see and I believe that puts me squarely back in the physical.

I did have an interesting dream Sunday morning. I won't tell the whole dream as it was 2 pages in my journal. I woke at around 5am, but was tired and so when I attempted phasing I ended up falling asleep. After that I woke about 6 times and entered back into the same dream. I only woke up for a fraction as I was changing my position, but always remember phasing before I fell asleep again. Each time I seemed to be more aware. One time when I thought of phasing think I saw the dream on a wall and decided to step into it. Then while in the dream I tried to get everyone's attention in the room. I am leaving out what the dream was about here, I was apparently in a gang. Anyway as I am trying to get their attention I realize I can't speak. Nothing is coming out.So I start desperately looking for a marker. One of the individuals notices my concern and helps me find a red marker behind a chair. I proceeded to write my home address on a board. I have no idea why. Neither does anyone else as they looked confused before they returned their conversation. I woke up and couldn't help but laugh.

Any way I am not giving up as I feel I am slowly getting closer. Thx.... again... :)
Wonereheb

Postby Wonereheb » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:26 am

Any more tips?
Wonereheb

Postby Szaxx » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:33 am

Hi Wonereheb,
You may find some useful info in the link on when to react with the attempts you're doing quite well with.
That's if you've not already read it.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welco ... 729.0.html
Szaxx

Postby Wonereheb » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:12 pm

I have read this. And it is well done, and one of the reasons for my feeling that this is possible.

A few weeks ago I actually caught myself doing the bit at the beginning of part 3. I was hearing this awful noise. As I was trying to figure it out to my surprise it was snoring, but didn't sound like it was coming from me, it seemed over there. But with investigation I just ended up in the physical. Possibly focus is my problem, or lack thereof! :(

I keep feeling I am getting close. Also maybe I give up too early and roll over and go to sleep.

Anyway, I am reading it again. There are other words that are standing out this time that didn't before. Thx.... :)
Wonereheb

Postby Szaxx » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:13 pm

You're welcome. The snoring distraction is definately a good sign. I often hear myself snore loudly and it does have an effect. Firstly you know the meatsack is sleeping which is required and secondly it generates more thoughts where you analyse the source of this noise.
It's unfortunately a bad thing to have analytical thoughts this far into the process. They naturally occur by our inquisitive mind and can wake you.
Normally around this point I'd start to hear a rushing wind type of sound. This is the ideal time to switch on your intent to experience a desired scene.
The scene would develop if you stay passive and then build up until it surrounds you. Once you manage to do this successfully, anyone around will interact with you if this was set in the intent.
I tend to let the scene develop on its own nowadays but have the intent that someone is waiting for me to 'join in'.
A very clear one posted somewhere, started off with a natural rock wall before me. It then developed into a pothole just below the surface of the ground. The scene then wrapped itself around me, I was only observing it's development at this point and waiting for sounds to synchronise. When they did, I immediately looked down, the wet rocks were slippy and a rather good looking girl dressed in the appropriate garb shouted something like "Are you coming then?"
This I wasn't expecting but replied and we went into the underground adventure.

You are very close as the given example is typical (from personal experiences) to achieving a concious exit. Once you become familiar with how the process feels at various points the signposts really stand out. You automatically recognise them without analysis and this allows further development of the process to continue unhindered.
The rushing wind type of sound is reportedly the exit doors feedback symptom. It's well documented and passivity is required here. It can startle you too, be prepared for anything at this part of the process. Your thoughts here may manifest in a myriad of ways. It's the last time that your fears can get the better of you.
The next step is success.
Szaxx

Postby Wonereheb » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:36 am

Reporting in! I feel I have hit a wall and not seeming to get further. I have continued to read posts to get a feel for how others are doing, also to keep my interests going. I also watched all 9 utube recordings about Tom Campbell's presentation at the Toronto Harbour Castle in 09. Because of that I am now reading My Big Toe, fascinating! And, so far, from reading the book, I think I need to work on my meditation skills and maybe I will have more success with other exercises.
I don't plan on giving up, I just feel I need to continue trying different methods. I am beginning to wonder, since I seem to get to the edge but 'Not Out', that maybe at 67 years old, I have become very attached to my body, and there maybe a tiny underlying fear of leaving it :?: :?:
Wonereheb

Postby Szaxx » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 am

Fear is the number one emotion that prevents anyones progress.
Sticking to the physical body will prevent you from leaving it, you have to let go of it and exist as a conciousness with no body at all. A point of existence in a sea of thoughts.
Doubting your abilities is another negative, you really need to DO rather than TRY in your thoughts. A try will have thoughts of 'it may not work' whereas a do will be totally positive, it's this positivity you need to gain. If things don't work out they can be addressed when awake later on.
Dedication, intent and desire are all very positive and need to be a primary attitude in your mindset.
Anything physical should be ignored, it gets in the way of non-physical exploration.
Many here just DO the move.
Sometimes it works well and others it fails.
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:53 am

Wonereheb wrote:Reporting in! I feel I have hit a wall and not seeming to get further. I have continued to read posts to get a feel for how others are doing, also to keep my interests going. I also watched all 9 utube recordings about Tom Campbell's presentation at the Toronto Harbour Castle in 09. Because of that I am now reading My Big Toe, fascinating! And, so far, from reading the book, I think I need to work on my meditation skills and maybe I will have more success with other exercises.
I don't plan on giving up, I just feel I need to continue trying different methods. I am beginning to wonder, since I seem to get to the edge but 'Not Out', that maybe at 67 years old, I have become very attached to my body, and there maybe a tiny underlying fear of leaving it :?: :?:

MBT! Really a big eye opener. :)

I think working on your meditation skills is a good thing to focus on. Take a break from projection for a bit.
They're very connected anyway.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Wonereheb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Anyone know Michael Raduga. I have been able to get more results trying is indirect approach. Maybe because it works better for me when I am just waking up and my rational self hasn't figured out that I am awake yet. Especially when waking up trying not to move or open your eyes and try to project.
While trying this, I think I just drifted of to sleep again, but felt much more aware. I was falling. It was a rather large distance. I couldn't remember jumping from a roof, or falling out of something, it just started with the falling. I noticed that I was in the back of an apartment building about 3 stories high and there was a large paved area surrounded by grass. There was a patch of grass that I was quickly heading for. I decided to land on my feet and then roll on my side to withstand the impact. After hitting the ground and rolling I felt that I had really banged my shoulder. I stood up rubbing it. As I looked around I noticed someone disappear into some bushes at one end. I walked on to the pavement and over to the building. It was built with very smooth yellow bricks. Then all of a sudden it hit me. "I'm Out". I had the feeling that my body was somewhere else sleeping and I was here. Then I started feeling a little concern because I realized I had no idea where I was or what to do next. Then this Whoooshing sound started in my ears or past my ears and the feeling that I was zooming up into the air. It was as if I was being reeled in. I yelled, "No, No". "I'm OK, I'm OK". "I Can Handle This". But that didn't seem to have any effect, the Whooshing, Zooming continued and the building and scenery around me dissolved into blackness and then I was lying in my body, on my side with my eyes still closed, right where I had left it. All I could say was "WoW". I lay there not moving for quite some time. The other odd feeling was that I was in my body not that I was my body.
I have had 2 other episodes since and so I feel I am inching forward. Tricking my mind until it becomes more comfortable with this seems to be working. But hey, you guys have been teaching me to try different things.
Thanks! :)
Wonereheb

Postby Szaxx » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Good work, I had to laugh when you said you were reeled in. This is normal at the start. I was pulled back many times until I realised that my inherent thoughts of its not going to last long triggered the pull.
You will eventually learn to control your thoughts and the driving intent behind what makes the difference.
It's nothing like what you'd expect it to be based on all your physical world learnings on movement.
The nearest feeling in the physical is when you get an unexpected slap then jump. That instant thought of kicking ass is what the intent is all about. Get it at this level and nothing will stop you at all.
Szaxx

Postby Wonereheb » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Adding to my resent post. I mentioned that I landed behind an apartment building, at least that is what I thought when I was looking around and didn't seem to recognize where I was. But now I feel that I remember the bricks. I had said that they were very smooth yellow bricks that the building was made with. Well I remember the exact same bricks that my elementary school was built with and I still remember exactly how they felt to the touch. Although my elementary school was only one story not three as I recall my excursion. Although I was a lot shorter then. We also used to climb on the roof of that school for which I got the strap for. We used to get the disciplinary strapping in the old days.
Anyway, I wonder why I didn't recognize the building when I definitely remember those bricks. No need to reply, I am just babbling. :lol:
Wonereheb

Postby Xanth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Wonereheb wrote:Adding to my resent post. I mentioned that I landed behind an apartment building, at least that is what I thought when I was looking around and didn't seem to recognize where I was. But now I feel that I remember the bricks. I had said that they were very smooth yellow bricks that the building was made with. Well I remember the exact same bricks that my elementary school was built with and I still remember exactly how they felt to the touch. Although my elementary school was only one story not three as I recall my excursion. Although I was a lot shorter then. We also used to climb on the roof of that school for which I got the strap for. We used to get the disciplinary strapping in the old days.
Anyway, I wonder why I didn't recognize the building when I definitely remember those bricks. No need to reply, I am just babbling. :lol:

Strange things can happen when we begin to make connections like these. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Wonereheb » Sat May 30, 2015 2:31 pm

I haven't posted anything for a while. I suppose I am just not the type to comment on every little thing. Like my toe just wiggled. I have had success over these past months I have had several projections now.

There seems to be the next step that I am having difficulty with, and that is being able to project when ever I feel like it. What I mean by this is I can go to bed with the full intention of waking at 6 am for example and spend a couple of hours with no results. And yet other times I can wake up in the morning, not bother about getting up, roll over on my side and then get that tickling feeling in my head, the feeling of movement and then I start sliding out through my back ( I know I'm not really, it just feels that way) and then falling through strange abstract scenery and then all of a sudden I am standing in a park or some place.

I know what the feeling is like just before the feeling of being drawn somewhere. And I can get to that feeling when I do my rundown. But I can't seem to trigger the traveling feeling, that still seems to happen at random. Maybe the problem is I am too conscious.

Any of you guys have any suggestions? Or is it just keep practicing and I will be able to project at will?
Wonereheb

Next

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy