Learning Astral Projection & Meditation – Emptying Your Cup

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby Xanth » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:47 pm

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2013/ ... -your-cup/

I think everyone, at one point or another throughout their lives, has hear this phrase before – “Empty your cup”.
It’s not directly spiritual or religiously related, although it can be related to just about every aspect of your life.

This is something that I have personally experienced, and I whole-fully believe that everyone has to do in order to progress on their path. That path can be learning Projection, Meditation, Spirituality in general… anything.

For myself, it was relating directly to the first two… Projection and Meditation. Over the 15+ years I’ve been practicing meditation, I read and learned much about what others were telling me that meditation was about, the same was true about projection. Everyone was filling my head with what I should be experiencing and feeling when doing these things. What did I actually learn? I learned that all the stuff I was learning that I THOUGHT was the truth, actually wasn’t. What it was doing was getting in the way of what *I* was experiencing. I was throwing away valid and valuable experiences because they didn’t match up to what others were telling me. This is a huge mistake…

So I came to a conclusion that in order for me to actually progress, I had to forget everything I thought I knew about Projection and Meditation. My cup had become so full with the notions, ideas and concepts of other people, that I had no room for my own notions, ideas and concepts to grow and flourish. I don’t know exactly when this action happened, but it did… and ever since that day, I have found my own path through the forest instead of relying upon the footsteps of those who have come before me. I’m now self sufficient in my opinions and beliefs, because they’re no longer beliefs to me… they’re now based solely upon my own direct experiences, and as we know, “direct experiences” are the trump cards with knowledge.

So please, if you’re looking to learn anything new, be it anything about this physical reality or non-physical reality, you’ll be doing yourself a huge favour by forgetting everything you think you know and begin to explore with the wonderment of a child. Everything is new.

Forget the labels you’ve learned… dreaming, lucid dreaming, astral projection, out of body experiences, etc… forget it all. They are the labels of others… they only serve to confuse. Just go out and experience and learn from those experiences.
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Learning Astral Projection & Meditation – Emptying Your

Postby LightBeam » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:25 pm

I tend to do "sifting" information, not emptying though, because I am very grateful for the knowledge and information the pioneers and modern day explorers have shared with the world. If it wasn't for Robert Monroe, I wouldn't have found some of my answers so early in life. His technique however did not help me one bit to project although I tried for 10 years, but I have left in my cup a great deal of his explanation and interactions with the beyond. William buhlman's technique was the one which brought me success within 3 weeks of trying. His experiences very much match what I have experienced. I dont agree with much of Robert bruce's teachings, so I let these grains fall off my cup. So I believe, Xanth that even though you said you have emptied your cup completely at some point, you have kept the base knowledge of everything you have heard and read that helped you shape you who you are today.
LightBeam

Postby Xanth » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:30 pm

LightBeam wrote:I tend to do "sifting" information, not emptying though, because I am very grateful for the knowledge and information the pioneers and modern day explorers have shared with the world. If it wasn't for Robert Monroe, I wouldn't have found some of my answers so early in life. His technique however did not help me one bit to project although I tried for 10 years, but I have left in my cup a great deal of his explanation and interactions with the beyond. William buhlman's technique was the one which brought me success within 3 weeks of trying. His experiences very much match what I have experienced. I dont agree with much of Robert bruce's teachings, so I let these grains fall off my cup. So I believe, Xanth that even though you said you have emptied your cup completely at some point, you have kept the base knowledge of everything you have heard and read that helped you shape you who you are today.

Yes, that is true. Of what was kept, it was the base knowledge of what I experienced personally between when I started and when I emptied my cup. That sounds funny. LoL
A lot of what I meant was the labels, systems and beliefs.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:48 pm

So please, if you’re looking to learn anything new, be it anything about this physical reality or non-physical reality, you’ll be doing yourself a huge favour by forgetting everything you think you know and begin to explore with the wonderment of a child.

This reminds me of my AP signature.
"It ain't what we don't know that gets us into trouble. It's the things we know to be the absolute truth but they simply aren't"
--Mark Twain

I've seen it in several versions but they all contain the word "ain't". I leave it like that because a) it's a quote, and b) I know it annoys the hell out of the proper English speaking folk. :twisted: :lol:

Very good point Xanth. For me, it was an absolute requirement in order for me to project. Not to mention, we will never know any real truths if we accept everything we're told as the gospel. Sure, I'll take Newton's and Einstein's word for many things but if I am capable of learning something on my own, then I have no excuse except laziness. I have to admit though, that's a really convenient excuse and one I'm guilty of using. I'm not saying I can't learn what they have learned on my own but that's not at all what's important to me right now.

Spiritual growth is and I didn't get that through religion no matter how much or hard I believed it so. The reason why is simple. It's not that I didn't put the work into it but rather because I did and I got nothing out of it in exchange for my effort.

In complete and total contrast, my current path is paying off in huge dividends that I thought were unimaginable.
astralzombie

Postby Zagadka » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:46 pm

It makes perfect sense! I think it’s good to have some concepts and ideas, but our own experience is indeed the most valuable source of knowledge! Thoeries, notions, concepts… I came to think they are the scaffolds on which your build your house (meditation, projection… whatever you are working on). When the structure is built and solid, you remove the scaffolds. I think it may even be a natural process… think about how we learn to write in high school: they teach us about verbs, participles, nouns, etc. and once you know how to write properly, you forget most of the notions of grammar because it becomes useless! Hope it made sense, I sometimes have trouble properly translating my ideas in English…

And concerning finding the truth... the thing about the "truth" is that I deeply think it is a dynamic thing... an evolving process so to speak. Seeking out the mysteries of reality... sounds a lot like seeking out the truth... and reality is always and ever a changing thing, though I have read that there is a formless world of "being" which is always and ever the same Eternity... but it's something I read and I can reasonably question it.
Stand tall and shake the heavens
Zagadka

Postby ChopstickFox » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:15 am

Hey, has anybody seen my cup anywhere? I think I dropped it.
ChopstickFox

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:18 am

Empty it, don't throw it away! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Zagadka » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:29 pm

There is an old buddhist story which compare the proper attitude to have in regard to meditation. It compares our attitude to three cups. If your cup is perforated, you can't learn because the teachings pass through one of you ear and leave through the other side. If you cup is upside down, you mind is closed to new perspectives and possibilities. Finally, if your cup is full of dirt, it is contaminated by all sort of preconceptions.
Stand tall and shake the heavens
Zagadka

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Zagadka wrote:There is an old buddhist story which compare the proper attitude to have in regard to meditation. It compares our attitude to three cups. If your cup is perforated, you can't learn because the teachings pass through one of you ear and leave through the other side. If you cup is upside down, you mind is closed to new perspectives and possibilities. Finally, if your cup is full of dirt, it is contaminated by all sort of preconceptions.

Wonderful story. I couldn't agree more with it. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:45 pm

In regards to LightBeam's post, I've edited my article accordingly.

It’s been pointed out to me that people are taking this too literal. What I suggest above shouldn’t be taken as such, it isn’t literal.
Nothing in relation to projection should ever be taken literally. I’m speaking about everything you’ve been told about what projection is supposed to be or is.

Your ideas.
Your concepts.
Your labels.
What you identify with Projection.

Ditch them as they’re useless to you.
Start from a position of “not knowing”.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby ChopstickFox » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:51 am

Hm... I had the feeling I was doing something wrong... :)
ChopstickFox

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions