Journals

If you would like to keep a journal, simply start a new thread and keep it updated! Handy for dream journals or any other kind of non-physical journal you wish to keep and share.

Journals

Postby Xanth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:21 pm

I've opened a section of my forum specifically for people who wish to keep a dream journal.
This doesn't have to be limited to just writing about your Dreams. Although, you can actually increase your chances of having a projection if you began journaling the experiences you have at night, this does include dreams.

Feel free to write down your thoughts and ideas you have regarding meditation or even your meditation experiences. Perhaps you want to journal your Spiritual journey.

Please feel free to create an account and start your Journal. Others can even give you advice on it, or, at your request, I can provide a sub-forum which others can read/view, but only YOU can post in. Please let me know, and I'm more than happy to set that up for you. :)

Use your private sub-forum journal for your own personal entries... and post in the public section of the journal thread for when you'd like replies from people.
Xanth
Site Admin

Journals

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Journals

Postby Szaxx » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:31 pm

I've never had a journal and at times wished I had scribbled a word or two. Things come up during the day and having somewhere to make a note keeps a record and a reminder. My memory is good but short term when busy its annoying at times waiting for the trigger to appear to recall it.
It serves another purpose too, this will become apparent.
Easy to find too.
Last edited by Szaxx on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Szaxx

Postby CFTraveler » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Can I link mine in from AD? I have two and they're very long....
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Xanth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Definitely!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:59 am

Although they're boring. I haven't had the type of interesting experience I used to have.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby ChopstickFox » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Hey Xanth, can I make a journal? That way I wont start cluttering anywhere. xD
ChopstickFox

Postby Xanth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 am

Yup I'll create one for you around lunch time today. I just got to work so can't really do it now, unfortunately. lol

EDIT: Ok, I lied, I did have time. Enjoy! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Sinera » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:22 pm

I have one too at Astraldynamics covering about 3 years now. Actually two, in a certain way, one is a lucid (projections) journal and the other one is about my dream programming experiments (although scattered through more threads).

Maybe I could have a journal thread here in this subforum and put the link in there for anyone interested in my past experiences and then from now on continuously make copies of each new entry I make here and on AD?

However, might take a while for new entries as nothing spectacular is going on with me recently - projection-wise (at least nothing worth mentioning or recounting). :cry:
Sinera

Postby Xanth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Most definitely! I'll set one up for you.

EDIT: All done! It's setup and ready to go for you! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Thu May 30, 2013 12:56 am

Xanth, could you set me up with a journal space please sir. Thanks!
Justin

Postby Xanth » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Remember, if any member would like their own personal journal where only they can post on (but anyone else can read)... please let me know and I'll create it for you! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Jettins » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:54 pm

It would be great if readers of the journals could "reply" to posts, but not make new ones. Or maybe th owners could have the option of choosing if they would like replies.
Jettins

Postby wstein » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:33 am

Jettins wrote:It would be great if readers of the journals could "reply" to posts, but not make new ones. Or maybe the owners could have the option of choosing if they would like replies.
?? Making new posts within an existing thread IS replying. Note the 'postreply' on the button.
sin nada
wstein

Postby Sinera » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:38 am

wstein wrote:
Jettins wrote:It would be great if readers of the journals could "reply" to posts, but not make new ones. Or maybe the owners could have the option of choosing if they would like replies.
?? Making new posts within an existing thread IS replying. Note the 'postreply' on the button.

It is not there in Journals if you are not the Journal owner yourself. Thus you can add sth to your own journal thread but no one else.

Xanth, I second Jettin's motion.

I think it could be useful if one could 'allow' a reply in one's Journal by s.o. else or to open the journals altoghether for replies. Sometimes users would like to comment on other users experiences if they have similar ones or have sth to contribute (advice, adding different aspects, literature reference etc.). Likewise some journal keepers here would maybe like to read these comments, advice, similar experiences, etc in order to compare, gain insights and probably even learn something. Making new threads somewhere else could be a hindrance for some to start a direct discussion or make a response in the first place.
Sinera

Postby Xanth » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 am

I know this is from a little while ago, but... If you're looking for a thread where people can respond, just do what Majic has done and create a thread in the main section of the Journals forum.
The named journal sections at the top are for locked down, personal journals. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Return to Journals