Insidious

If you wish to discuss something that isn't directly related to the subject matter of this forum, please post them here!

Insidious

Postby Xanth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:31 pm

So, for some stupid reason I decided to finally watch that "Insidious" movie.
Wow... I can totally see how people can get screwed up watching it. ROFL
Xanth
Site Admin

Insidious

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Insidious

Postby Xanth » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 pm

It certainly was entertaining...

It kind of makes me want to write my own story about astral projection, but with something a bit easier to relate to. lol
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Was it truly scary? I love all kinds of ghost stories or stories of the paranormal, because they give me 'the right kind of' chill up my spine- the delicious fright that is almost a guilty pleasure, because deep down I don't believe in that stuff- but if there is anything in it that even smacks of reality (such as serial killers or mass murderers) then I want nothing to do with it.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Xanth » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Truly scary? I think I'm jaded when it comes to scary movies...
Although, I did watch it right before going to bed... and I was tentative to stand where something could grab my ankles from under the bed. ;)

So yeah, I think it had some truly scary parts. Although, they used the whole "loud noise" scares once too often for my tastes. hehe
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:17 am

CFTraveler wrote:Was it truly scary? I love all kinds of ghost stories or stories of the paranormal, because they give me 'the right kind of' chill up my spine- the delicious fright that is almost a guilty pleasure, because deep down I don't believe in that stuff- but if there is anything in it that even smacks of reality (such as serial killers or mass murderers) then I want nothing to do with it.

I am the same way. I can't stand to hear about or watch stuff on serial killers.

Is insidious good? I like ghost stories but this one never appealed to me even though I heard it was AP related. I guess the guys that do the movie previews need better shots because this should have grabbed my attention.
astralzombie

Postby Xanth » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:35 pm

hehe

Inception was entertaining too. Definitely. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Inception is one of my all time favorites.

I just watched Insidious and I think it was alright. I saw the ending coming a mile away as I'm sure most people did.

Here's my take. AP is as natural as dreaming thus it is as natural as sleeping. The easiest way to scare people is to create a myth around a perfectly natural function. That's right, there will be a horror movie one day that centers around us having to go to the crapper. :lol:

But I loved that song, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips". If noise wasn't a distraction for me, I would definitely try to project while listening to it. :D
astralzombie

Postby Jettins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:16 pm

I saw this movie by accident in my brother’s house. Knowing my brother his memory on the subject will be based more on the movie than all the times I've spoken to him about it. I didn't want to talk about real stories about astral projection after the movie. It just made it all pathetic.
Jettins

Postby CFTraveler » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Tiny Tim's Tiptoe through the Tulips?
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Return to Off-Topic Discussion