How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Xanth » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:02 pm

I want to focus upon a usual technique that people like to use to Project with. Focusing upon your breathing.
The main action here is, well obviously, focusing upon your breathing, so let’s focus on that for a minute, because that’s going to be your make or break action.

Try this:
Don’t worry about vibrations, noises, heavy feelings, SP… NOTHING. Forget you even know all that stuff. Forget everything you’ve learned up until this point about astral projection. It’s useless knowledge. (This should be your first step with ANY projection technique, I’ll explain later in another article). Now, focus all your attention completely and utterly upon your breathing. Breathe in… feel the air passing through your nostrils, passing up your nose, down into your lungs… don’t just “feel” it though, completely ENGROSS YOURSELF in the sensations. Then when your lungs are comfortably full, begin to breathe out… completely engrossing yourself in every sensation associated with that biological movement. Each time you breathe in again, increase the depth of how completely engrossed in focus you are on those sensations…

The deeper you get, the more “lost” in the moment you’ll become… keeping the focus on the sensations will keep your mind active, just keep at it.

Focus… deeper… focus… deeper… focus… deeper… etc… eventually the physical reality will completely melt away. At one point you’ll notice it has melted away and you’ll notice that you’re not experiencing ANYTHING. It will be just YOU there, no physical anything. This alone will probably snap you back to reality, but then just keep doing what you’re doing. Keep teetering between “here” and “there”… and eventually you’ll notice yourself “there” and you’ll remain “there”.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2013/ ... technique/
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times

How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor
 

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby AstralJames » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Sounds like a very promising method. I will try this the next time I try to project. Thank you for the share.
User avatar
AstralJames
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:26 pm

AstralJames wrote:Sounds like a very promising method. I will try this the next time I try to project. Thank you for the share.

You're welcome!

The method is really all about losing yourself in your breath... each breath you lose more and more of this physical reality, until nothing is left but just YOU. :)
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Szaxx » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:32 am

I played around with a breathing technique last night and used a mantra. I don't normally do this and the effectiveness was astonishing. It worked as fast as phasing.
Lots more noises too.
I'll continue with this for a while and see what happens with its effectivelness.
User avatar
Szaxx
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Location: High Peak UK
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Zagadka » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:09 am

Focusing on my breathing and the energetic (feeling) of my body was how I was doing it a few weeks ago. Something weird happened on a particular night. I was through away in the air with the familiar feeling of air rushing and super-man raising... then I noticed my breathing and was lying on a "dream bed". I noticed there was another breathing because it was out of sync. I asked "who is there?". And a strange non-human heavy kind of voice say "Eh your case is rather complicated". The voice laughed and I woke up... that was sort of very weird! I have little experience with it, but focusing on the breathing is great because I found that beyond hearing, seeing, taste, etc., if you notice, you can still feel yourself breathing when phasing!
Stand tall and shake the heavens
User avatar
Zagadka
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Québec
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Majic » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 am

I have found that the breathing and combined focusing on breath and body are great to for a DILD, it seems to add a spark to my awareness in a vivid dream and get me lucid. I also find that any one technique loses if effect fast and you need a good toolbox of options
Majic
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: West Coast / New Zealand
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Martin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 am

Looks a bit similar to this post http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welco ... #msg326235 :lol: So I need to take deep breaths right ? But wouldn't I then be focusing on my physical body?
Martin
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Xanth » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:56 am

Yeah, after I posted that, I wanted to share it. :)

As for what you focus on... it doesn't matter at all what you focus on.
You can focus on anything related to your physical body. The point is that you focus on it to the full exclusive of everything else.
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby ChopstickFox » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:27 am

I have been trying this the past several nights. Still haven't been able to project, but my mind is starting to be kept under my control. Working on that focus thing... Last night my husband stirred me from it. I knew I wasn't sleep yet, but I was dreaming. I forgot it instantly, but I wonder if I had kept my awareness a bit longer what would have come of it. hm...
User avatar
ChopstickFox
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby CFTraveler » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:55 pm

I use a similar method to just chill, concentrating on the nostrils as the air come in and out- as a buddhist technique. It's very beneficial especially when stuff is happening.
User avatar
CFTraveler
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby luciddreamer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 pm

Xanth wrote:I want to focus upon a usual technique that people like to use to Project with. Focusing upon your breathing.
The main action here is, well obviously, focusing upon your breathing, so let’s focus on that for a minute, because that’s going to be your make or break action.

Try this:
Don’t worry about vibrations, noises, heavy feelings, SP… NOTHING. Forget you even know all that stuff. Forget everything you’ve learned up until this point about astral projection. It’s useless knowledge. (This should be your first step with ANY projection technique, I’ll explain later in another article). Now, focus all your attention completely and utterly upon your breathing. Breathe in… feel the air passing through your nostrils, passing up your nose, down into your lungs… don’t just “feel” it though, completely ENGROSS YOURSELF in the sensations. Then when your lungs are comfortably full, begin to breathe out… completely engrossing yourself in every sensation associated with that biological movement. Each time you breathe in again, increase the depth of how completely engrossed in focus you are on those sensations…

The deeper you get, the more “lost” in the moment you’ll become… keeping the focus on the sensations will keep your mind active, just keep at it.

Focus… deeper… focus… deeper… focus… deeper… etc… eventually the physical reality will completely melt away. At one point you’ll notice it has melted away and you’ll notice that you’re not experiencing ANYTHING. It will be just YOU there, no physical anything. This alone will probably snap you back to reality, but then just keep doing what you’re doing. Keep teetering between “here” and “there”… and eventually you’ll notice yourself “there” and you’ll remain “there”.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2013/ ... technique/
cool iv just wrote this as my first post in my journal its what im using now.
luciddreamer
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Xanth » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:53 pm

luciddreamer wrote:cool iv just wrote this as my first post in my journal its what im using now.

Great to hear! Looking forward to hearing how it works for you. :)
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Martin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:44 am

Anyone have any success with this technique :?:
Martin
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby CFTraveler » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:19 am

It gets me into a trance.
User avatar
CFTraveler
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: How to Project using a Focused Breathing Technique

Postby Xanth » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:51 pm

As with CFT, I find breathing techniques take me into a trance state easier than most.
Yet, for some reason, I don't do them often enough. LOL
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times


Return to Projection Discussions & Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron