How do you AP using binaural beats?

If you have a particular Projection Method & Technique that you enjoy, please post it here.

Postby Martin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 am

Do you just concentrate on the binaural beats or do any astral projection technique? How could I get sleep paralysis using it?

Would it be enough to wake up after about 3 hours of sleep, listen to theta and keep relaxing to get into F10?
Last edited by Martin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Martin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: How do you AP using binaural beats?

Postby Xanth » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Just listening to the beats alone without doing anything will have zero results for you.
What the beats do is put you into a more receptive state of consciousness for whatever method you're using to take traction better.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Play them just loud enough to drown any other noises out. Too loud and they become disturbing.
Szaxx

Postby Martin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:55 am

Yesterday I lied down on my bed at around 11pm and then I listened to "Introduction To Focus 10" (Hemi-Sync) from the Gateway Experience and tried to stay awake, after about 10 minutes I heard myself kind of snoring for a second but I didn't feel any different, How do you know if you're close to SP?
Martin

Postby Szaxx » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:15 pm

The mind awake and body asleep is a major step in the right direction. Hearing yourself snoring is what its all about. You were aware of your sleeping body. This often wakes me, snoring too loud doesn't really help but it's a big milestone.
What did you notice at that position?
Strange noises?
Maybe some visualisation playing in the background for example.
Szaxx

Postby Martin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Szaxx wrote:The mind awake and body asleep is a major step in the right direction. Hearing yourself snoring is what its all about. You were aware of your sleeping body. This often wakes me, snoring too loud doesn't really help but it's a big milestone.
What did you notice at that position?
Strange noises?
Maybe some visualisation playing in the background for example.

Nothing, I just heard it for about a second and then it was quiet again, I fell asleep a few minutes later.
Martin

Postby ChopstickFox » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 pm

I have a had a nice long run of experimenting trying to see if I can consciously obe. Sure, I get plenty of spontaneous ones, but what's it gonna hurt to try and have one while being aware?

I was going to just drop binaural beats entirely. I'm keeping really open, but my brain just isn't receptive to things or something. When it happens it just seems so effortless... But at the same time it's like... a million miles away. I'm sure pretty much everybody can relate.

Well, for shiggles I looked up binaural beats on the iphone apps place (just got one... ooooh...). I downloaded a free one and played with it. While listening/relaxing, I wet through the usual routine. Start to lose awareness, but kind of be pulled back into it... Fade in and out. Till when I faded back in, I no longer felt my body. Which was pretty sweet. I stayed calm and waited, not thinking about it much. Did I "fall out" of my body intentionally rather than the spontaneous times its been happening? No. Ended up, I could still move and everything no problem.

It was still cool though. I think I will keep experimenting a bit more.

The app lets you choose the frequency. Last night I set it to the "deep sleep" waves. I conked right out, not remembering any dreams and not waking up periodically like I usually do. I woke up with the thing still playing! Oh dear! But perhaps it was affecting me, haha! Gonna give it another shot... But probably avoid those deep sleep waves... :)
ChopstickFox

Postby CFTraveler » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:42 pm

I don't use binaural beats very often, but find them amazingly relaxing, especially when stuff is happening in physical life. When I was learning to OBE consciously, I found them helpful, not to project with necessarily, but to get in the "right" mindstate. Usually, after using them, I would project two or three hours later, or in the next day.
-For whatever that's worth. tm
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Return to Projection Methods & Techniques