Hi There

Please take a quick minute to introduce yourself and tell us a little about who you are and what brought you here.

Hi There

Postby Parapsycho » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello,
I go by the name Parapsycho on forums. Been a lurker on AstralPulse for a while, and value Xanth's posts alot. When I saw that he had his own forum, I decided to check it out. I find the level of interaction and help here to be very refreshing.

I am interested in many aspects of the paranormal, and my interest in Non-Physical exploration is an extension of this. I do alot of investigation into ghosts and hauntings, but AP/OBE is another one of my passions. I feel that the two are intertwined at some level, so learning about and experiencing one can help the other. I am interested in learning more about "retrievals", for example.

Now that I am going into semi-retirement, I'll have alot more time to explore.

I'm going to be moving from Florida to Vermont in the next couple weeks so there may be a period where I'm without the 'net.

Look forward to talking with you soon.
Parapsycho

Hi There

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Hi There

Postby Phantom » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:07 am

Hi PP. Isn't semi retirement wonderful. A word about NewEngland being from about a day's haul east of you and a Mainer before coming up to Canada.
Florida to New England? ?????? Well Just remember the winter doesn't last forever.
Black flies are in june, Deer flies in July most flies are gone by august. You don't get greenheads there I dont think.

If you pick up a leech in a lake salt it.

I know Maine and Nova Scotia pretty well and can tell you good spots with few crowds.
Phantom

Postby Parapsycho » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks for the reply.

My husband and I have contemplated moving to Canada a few times, but right now we're settling for Vermont and Enhanced Driver's Licenses. Florida is OK. It's nice to visit, but we don't like living here, especially in Jacksonville. My husband is a native Vermonter, so for him it's moving back home. So, we're pretty excited. Not really looking forward to the winters. Was up there around christmas when it was -25F. Brr.

Looking forward to doing some traveling in Canada and Maine, so we'll have ta talk. :)
Parapsycho

Postby Xanth » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi Para!

Thank you for the kind words, they are much appreciated. :)

Welcome to the forum and I hope your move is a smooth one! I know how hectic they can be. hehe
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Phantom » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:46 am

The good thing about Vermont's winters is the snow is lighter. You get a lot of it but it's not as bad to dig out as it is in maritimes. We get feet of wet cement Last year was a really hard winter even by our standards so hopefully it will not be too bad your first season there. Really the best way to cope is to be friends with the snow. Pick up skiing or snowshoeing or sledding ( snomobile). If your in a rural area or have flat roofs on your house you need snowshoes anyway to rake the snow off if it piles up too much.

Well Cape Breton is a good spot and not as crowded. Celtic colors I think is October 10-18 this year. Ceilidh's run now until september

I don't blame you for leaving Florida. It's a sensible thing to come up here. Ben and Jerry's reasonable summers pretty falls. ... Ben and Jerry's ...... pretty scenery ..... did I say Ben and Jerry's?
Phantom

Return to Introduce Yourself