Hi

Please take a quick minute to introduce yourself and tell us a little about who you are and what brought you here.

Hi

Postby Rocketto » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:04 am

Hey! I am a 26 year old pianist from Central Europe. I was very curious about these non-physical experiences when i first heard of them 10 years ago, but only focused on them for a couple days. For a few months now though, I read something on the subject every day and i am trying (trying is the right word in my case) to meditate every day at least once. Had some spontanious lucid dreams. Sadly the only way I could induce an experience was with an indirect method. The WBTB method I read in the Phase book, which i know is nothing new, but i first encountered with it there. Now it's still a progress, but i can "only" reach lucid awareness every time and i feel like the reason is, because I induce them in a half-asleep state. I mean when i wake up and have the intense vibrations, i feel that my mind is fuzzy and I bring that kind of awareness into the experience. The last one was the best so far, because at least i remembered to rub my hands to make it more vivid and it actually did the trick. Still my awareness level was "only" what Xanth calls in his book lucid. I really want to know what I should practice to have this full waking awareness level or at least close to it. It's like I can't even stop in the experience. i know my name, i even know that my body is sleeping right now and projected conciously, but it feels like I am acting on instinct. I do move objects with my thoughts and can levitate with ease, but I don't control my actions. Also it's strange that when I have lucid awareness, there are no other beings, people besides me. So far... I had one sleep paralysis also in the past, which i successfully turned into a lucid dream.
I watched the videos suggested on this site and obviously many others before... Also read many articles. I think I have more, than enough information on the subject and probably should forget most of them. I also don't get why some experienced people think this is created by the brain and others don't. Why some say dreams are obes as well, when others say, that yes, but not the same. I guess the best would be just to explore it.
I don't even know where I should post if i have questions. Almost all of the posts on this site are a couple years old :O. I read posts on astralpulse, until it went down.
Rocketto

Hi

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Hi

Postby Xanth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:58 pm

Hey! Welcome to the forum.
I'll provide a more expansive reply shortly, but it's quite possible that you're more aware than you think you are during those experiences.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Xanth » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 pm

Rocketto wrote:Hey! I am a 26 year old pianist from Central Europe. I was very curious about these non-physical experiences when i first heard of them 10 years ago, but only focused on them for a couple days. For a few months now though, I read something on the subject every day and i am trying (trying is the right word in my case) to meditate every day at least once. Had some spontanious lucid dreams. Sadly the only way I could induce an experience was with an indirect method. The WBTB method I read in the Phase book, which i know is nothing new, but i first encountered with it there. Now it's still a progress, but i can "only" reach lucid awareness every time and i feel like the reason is, because I induce them in a half-asleep state. I mean when i wake up and have the intense vibrations, i feel that my mind is fuzzy and I bring that kind of awareness into the experience. The last one was the best so far, because at least i remembered to rub my hands to make it more vivid and it actually did the trick. Still my awareness level was "only" what Xanth calls in his book lucid. I really want to know what I should practice to have this full waking awareness level or at least close to it. It's like I can't even stop in the experience. i know my name, i even know that my body is sleeping right now and projected consciously, but it feels like I am acting on instinct. I do move objects with my thoughts and can levitate with ease, but I don't control my actions. Also it's strange that when I have lucid awareness, there are no other beings, people besides me. So far... I had one sleep paralysis also in the past, which i successfully turned into a lucid dream.
I watched the videos suggested on this site and obviously many others before... Also read many articles. I think I have more, than enough information on the subject and probably should forget most of them. I also don't get why some experienced people think this is created by the brain and others don't. Why some say dreams are obes as well, when others say, that yes, but not the same. I guess the best would be just to explore it.
I don't even know where I should post if i have questions. Almost all of the posts on this site are a couple years old :O. I read posts on astralpulse, until it went down.

Hi!

So, again, welcome to the forum. Yeah, it's been a bit quiet around here over the last little bit, I haven't had much time to make many posts.

I'd highly suggest continuing the daily meditation, even if it's only for 10 minutes or so. I meditate for a minimum of 10 minutes every morning after I get up. I find that it helps tremendously and I seriously notice a difference in my day when I don't get to do my morning meditation. It helps to keep me focused.

Now, you say that "sadly" you can only induce a projection via an indirect method... while the pinnacle of projection goal most people aim for is to be able to project at will whenever they want, I find that particular goal to be "missing the forest for the trees". Suffice to say, it doesn't matter HOW you experience the non-physical... whether it be directly or indirectly... the point is that you do it. It doesn't matter how you get there. It's all the same.

As I said before, I think you're actually more aware than you're giving yourself credit for. Meaning, you're probably having non-physical astral experiences, yet you're writing them off because you don't believe you are. In the end, just worry about becoming aware while projecting. That's really the only goal anyone needs to aim for, anything else is icing on the cake. :)

Feel free to post your questions anywhere. I'll get to them. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Rocketto » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I realise it's a non-physical experience and It's good that I actually make progress. My problem with the method, that it's inconvinient and not reliable for me. Yeah, i might remember to "separate" when I get up or I might not. I might feel vibrations or i might not. I might be able to fall asleep for 5-6 hours and not wake up or I might not... Also getting up earlier, my mind is against like everything. i am having thoughts like "I don't even want to do this" "I am too tired, just wanna go back to sleep". When i try to have an experience from a fully concious state i have a much much better state of mind. Usually no fear, no rejection whatsoever. And maybe it has nothing to do with the method being indirect, but these experiences were all dreamlike in a sense, that like I said, I don't have concious choices. it's all instinct. I don't even remember what the things are I really wanted to do. What I want to experience, questions I have, things I am curious about. So all the stuff i wanted to do this at the first place.... I like dreams don't get me wrong, but I just feel that there is another level above this and by that i mean how it effects me. How it effect my mind, my sensations, my thought about reality. That is why I am really aiming for a direct exit. First I don't even aim for it to be achievable for me whenever i want. If I can only do it in the morning or before bed, that's fine by me, but want it to be from a fully concious state. And I do feel the vibrations usually, when I meditate, but only gently. So how I see the WBTB method is something, which is really good atm to prepare me for a concious exit. i get to know the sensations, what it feels like, what i have to do, if i even have to do anything.... I know most of you said many times, that one of the problems could be that we rely on different techniques too much, but at the beginning it's just easier. Starring at the blackness seems too Í"hard" for me atm, cause i lack focus. My mind is just bored after half a minute. I have this "but i don't wanna, it's boring" feeling XD. I watched that video regarding this matter (focus). I found it... a little bit weird for my taste :D. It feels like someone tries to hypnotize me, but maybe that's just me :P Anyway, I probably will watch it a few times and try to find something I can focus on. I wanna ask about this, do you think doing a technique as a focus exercise is good? I was thinking about the target technique I heard from William Buhlman. I tried to do a couple of times and it feels like it needs a lot of focus, so I thought maybe it's a good "exercise" and also could induce a fully concious experience. How a skeptic man achieved obes within 24 days with it is beyond me though.... but I guess being skeptic has a lot of benefits, since you don't have a lot of fears about this.
Rocketto

Postby Xanth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:30 am

Rocketto wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I realise it's a non-physical experience and It's good that I actually make progress. My problem with the method, that it's inconvinient and not reliable for me. Yeah, i might remember to "separate" when I get up or I might not. I might feel vibrations or i might not. I might be able to fall asleep for 5-6 hours and not wake up or I might not... Also getting up earlier, my mind is against like everything. i am having thoughts like "I don't even want to do this" "I am too tired, just wanna go back to sleep". When i try to have an experience from a fully concious state i have a much much better state of mind. Usually no fear, no rejection whatsoever. And maybe it has nothing to do with the method being indirect, but these experiences were all dreamlike in a sense, that like I said, I don't have concious choices. it's all instinct. I don't even remember what the things are I really wanted to do. What I want to experience, questions I have, things I am curious about. So all the stuff i wanted to do this at the first place.... I like dreams don't get me wrong, but I just feel that there is another level above this and by that i mean how it effects me. How it effect my mind, my sensations, my thought about reality. That is why I am really aiming for a direct exit. First I don't even aim for it to be achievable for me whenever i want. If I can only do it in the morning or before bed, that's fine by me, but want it to be from a fully concious state. And I do feel the vibrations usually, when I meditate, but only gently. So how I see the WBTB method is something, which is really good atm to prepare me for a concious exit. i get to know the sensations, what it feels like, what i have to do, if i even have to do anything.... I know most of you said many times, that one of the problems could be that we rely on different techniques too much, but at the beginning it's just easier. Starring at the blackness seems too Í"hard" for me atm, cause i lack focus. My mind is just bored after half a minute. I have this "but i don't wanna, it's boring" feeling XD. I watched that video regarding this matter (focus). I found it... a little bit weird for my taste :D. It feels like someone tries to hypnotize me, but maybe that's just me :P Anyway, I probably will watch it a few times and try to find something I can focus on. I wanna ask about this, do you think doing a technique as a focus exercise is good? I was thinking about the target technique I heard from William Buhlman. I tried to do a couple of times and it feels like it needs a lot of focus, so I thought maybe it's a good "exercise" and also could induce a fully concious experience. How a skeptic man achieved obes within 24 days with it is beyond me though.... but I guess being skeptic has a lot of benefits, since you don't have a lot of fears about this.

Those are very much the battles we all face when we try to teach ourselves this fine art. For most people it turns into a battle of the mind... sadly. This is why I feel that people need to first focus on learning to meditate is so incredibly important. Learning to quiet your mind and allow your consciousness to expand are paramount to learning to consciously project.

It does sound very much like a lucid awareness you're describing, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing. You're STILL projecting. That's really all that matters. You just need to work on trying to ingrain your goals into your subconscious mind as well, so that when you do project, those goals are first and foremost on your mind.

If staring in the blackness doesn't work for you, then you need to find a focus which will work for you. The only difference between all of the many, supposedly different methods out there is the focus which is chosen.
Read this post: http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/ ... technique/

In order to be successful, you need to find something to focus on which keeps your interest. For me, simply staring at the blackness works, but it doesn't work for everyone. I do this in my meditations... it's sooooooooo completely relaxing to me. When you find the particular focus which works for you, then you'll have your answers. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Rocketto » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:23 am

I actually enjoy the simplicity of the noticing and to be honest, it's not like I have been doing it for weeks or something. Tried it a couple of times and i guess i just gave up way too soon, because I guess i wanted to try out too many things at once. I had some interesting things with it. Like I remember seeing some images, but then i fell asleep. I remember waking up and still hearing some english words from a male voice, which couldn't have been from outside, cause nobody here speaks english where I am right now XD and i also had earplugs. So i figured i came out from a dream and still heard something.

I just remembered though what one of the problem was my eyes. After a while i couldn't control them, they opened naturally and even though it was completely dark, cause i used a hat to cover them.... still was frustrating. It seemed like a physical reaaction for panicking or something. I did not feel fear or anything though, maybe a little excitement. It did stopped the process. The only thing I haven't tried is to do it while sitting. I know this seems really silly, but I was doing it while lying down all the time. Either on my back or stomach. Now it's true that this way it's easy to fall asleep, but i thought that it's also easier for my body to fall asleep and maybe my mind could stay awake. Repeating affirmations until i fall asleep also seem to work, but I have to do it for like 10-15 minutes non-stop. And again my mind is impatient...

As for finding something to focus on that interests me I have to think about something. I never though about it that way. I just thought I need something which is simple, like an object. The only thing which could be interesting for my mind is something, that is happening, somethning I am doing, a scene with a plot. I will reread the mental rundown from your book, cause I don't remember it exactly.

It is strange that even though there are things I talk about every day and think a lot about them, but I still don't remember them during an experience. like really, telekinesis? :D That's the first thing on my mind? I don't remember when I last thought about it (conciously) or read anything regarding any paranormal abilities or watched any sci-fi movies.

By the way is it possible to not prgoress at all? i mean let's say I sit down to focus for maximum 30 minutes and let's say nothing happens. If i repeat it every day it's possible that nothing will happen in months or years, no? And then obviously I would have to change something. I have to try, but will i know if i need to change something? Or if nothing happens in 30 minutes, not even a tiny vibration, then i already know that i have to change something? I guess I am asking if the mind will "obey" after a while or not? Now I have to force myself to focus, i really have agressively force it, because my whole body is trying to fight against it. I am thinking about all the things I would rather do than this, but I do it regardless. Will in time these thoughts diminsh? That's what it's hard for me to believe at the moment, that it will change in time.
Rocketto

Postby Xanth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Rocketto wrote:I actually enjoy the simplicity of the noticing and to be honest, it's not like I have been doing it for weeks or something. Tried it a couple of times and i guess i just gave up way too soon, because I guess i wanted to try out too many things at once. I had some interesting things with it. Like I remember seeing some images, but then i fell asleep. I remember waking up and still hearing some english words from a male voice, which couldn't have been from outside, cause nobody here speaks english where I am right now XD and i also had earplugs. So i figured i came out from a dream and still heard something.

And we're usually inundated with many different techniques and methods... most people want to fly from one to the other, even so much as during the same practice session. It's best to just find one and stick with it for at least a week and go from there. What you heard were hypnogogic images and sounds. They're normal and projection usually follows shortly after... but you have to ignore the sights and sounds and continue on doing what you were doing to induce them in the first place. In other words, stick with your focus.

I just remembered though what one of the problem was my eyes. After a while i couldn't control them, they opened naturally and even though it was completely dark, cause i used a hat to cover them.... still was frustrating. It seemed like a physical reaaction for panicking or something. I did not feel fear or anything though, maybe a little excitement. It did stopped the process. The only thing I haven't tried is to do it while sitting. I know this seems really silly, but I was doing it while lying down all the time. Either on my back or stomach. Now it's true that this way it's easy to fall asleep, but i thought that it's also easier for my body to fall asleep and maybe my mind could stay awake. Repeating affirmations until i fall asleep also seem to work, but I have to do it for like 10-15 minutes non-stop. And again my mind is impatient...

The problem with doing your attempts while lying down is that this is usually the trigger for your body to fall asleep. So, doing this sitting up (like in a recliner) is a good idea as you'll remain a bit more "awake".
As for the issues with your eyes... before you sit down to practice, give them a really good stretch. Circle your eyes all around... scrunch your eyes closed tightly... then open them as wide as you can. Do this a few times until they feel all relaxed. It also doesn't hurt to do a progressive body relaxation routine as well.

As for finding something to focus on that interests me I have to think about something. I never though about it that way. I just thought I need something which is simple, like an object. The only thing which could be interesting for my mind is something, that is happening, somethning I am doing, a scene with a plot. I will reread the mental rundown from your book, cause I don't remember it exactly.

Then it sounds like a mental rundown would be best. It doesn't have to be long or complicated, but it does need to be something which will hold your attention. I like to use a pool scene or walking along a beach, those things hold my attention because they're activities I enjoy doing.

It is strange that even though there are things I talk about every day and think a lot about them, but I still don't remember them during an experience. like really, telekinesis? :D That's the first thing on my mind? I don't remember when I last thought about it (conciously) or read anything regarding any paranormal abilities or watched any sci-fi movies.

The first thing on my mind usually is flying... love doing that. :D
There are just some things which drag our attention more than others.
Try to repeat your goals to yourself before going to sleep each night, it should get into your subconscious mind at some point.

By the way is it possible to not prgoress at all? i mean let's say I sit down to focus for maximum 30 minutes and let's say nothing happens. If i repeat it every day it's possible that nothing will happen in months or years, no? And then obviously I would have to change something. I have to try, but will i know if i need to change something? Or if nothing happens in 30 minutes, not even a tiny vibration, then i already know that i have to change something? I guess I am asking if the mind will "obey" after a while or not? Now I have to force myself to focus, i really have agressively force it, because my whole body is trying to fight against it. I am thinking about all the things I would rather do than this, but I do it regardless. Will in time these thoughts diminsh? That's what it's hard for me to believe at the moment, that it will change in time.

Definitely. I attempted this stuff over 10 years before I became successful at it. Most days I felt like I was wasting my time, which is a mindset which really doesn't help. LoL
I'd give an attempt 30 minutes, if you feel nothing, then give it a rest until later on or the next day. Don't ever force things... forcing it is the quickest way to failure. Your mind doesn't like being forced to do anything. :)

Try to just be comfortable being alone with your own mind. That's part of the reason for learning to meditate.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Rocketto » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Okay, thanks for the help. Will report back in a week, if i experience something or nothing. By the way i remembered there was one time when I actually remembered that i wanted to experience something. It was something about healing, but the interesting part is that i asked for it, Nothing happened immediately and i just gave up... XD That was also lucid awareness, It wasn't too vivid and I was barely concious of it, but at least that was a spontanous lucid dream.
Rocketto

Return to Introduce Yourself