Help for someone from another forum

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby Xanth » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Hey guys, I wanted to post a question and experience here which was posted on the Spiritual Forums. I'd like to see if we can't get him some help.

The question comes from here: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showt ... hp?t=50193
I'll post what I feel are the most important responses from the original poster.

Subject: Was a entity holding me or was it a side affect of getting back my body?

Lately iv been astral traveling most nights and when i come back i usually wake up round 3am ish.
Last night though i woke up and new i had been somewhere, there was hands on my shoulders, neck, forehead and stomach forcing me down. I was not paralyzed or nothing and could feel myself fighting it off. It stopped after 5 minutes and i went to sleep.

It did feel like something was there but could it just be a bad problem getting back in my body?

My first response:
You might not have been fully paralyzed, but yes, that is a very strong symptom of sleep paralysis. Basically, you woke and your body was still very relaxed... you were consciously aware of this. Most people new to this interpret the sensations as being held down... when this is relatively true, it's only gravity doing the holding. :)

Through sleep paralysis, the mind's wanderings *can* literally be turned into reality. This is where the hag syndrome was established. People had these sensations of gravity holding them down, and they would then subconsciously create these hands, or even an entire *thing* (usually liked to a "hag") sitting on them holding them to their bed. It's also where the succubus concept comes from.

When these events happen, you need to try to calm and center yourself. Don't let the sensations run away with you, or you'll scare yourself. Just remain calm. :)

Anyway, that's my opinion.
I'm sure others here will give you their perspective too. :)

Their response:
This was not sleep paralysis, iv had sleep paralysis many times and before and after obe, there was a difference in what i felt i was fully awake.

I thought it might be a problem with getting back in the body but usually that would cause electric vibrations and paralysis if that happened, im thinking it was not the case and was an entity.

There has been something hanging around me for a while which is quite hidden but unsure of what its doing around me.

My PM response to the member:
I identify the very source of your problems being your last paragraph. You've already got a preconceived notion that "something" is there... this will easily manifest that which you've been experiencing.

Whether it was actually sleep paralysis or not isn't the major factor here. It seems like to me that you were, at the very least, partially projected during this event. What this means is that the same "thought = direct action" is what you were experiencing here.

I've helped a lot of people with this kind of issue and in *most* of the cases (99%) it's a subconscious fear based-reaction that caused it. It's really hard to ascertain what triggered the fear... but in all cases, attempting to NOT physically fight back and simply relax and calm yourself into the experience is always the best way to handle it.

It's always important during such an encounter to repeat to yourself that there's absolutely nothing that can harm you. You're 100% safe. So try and re-focus your composure and staying calm will help.

I'm positive we can help this member!
Anyone have any other suggestions?
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Help for someone from another forum

Postby Majic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 pm

I thought it might be a problem with getting back in the body but usually that would cause electric vibrations and paralysis if that happened, im thinking it was not the case and was an entit
y.

Usually - if this has happened before then there is a possibility of some seeding going on and the expectation of issues

There has been something hanging around me for a while which is quite hidden but unsure of what its doing around me.

This person is expecting to have trouble and is getting trouble and if this is all leading to the expectation of something happening then there are possibility bigger issues and you dont have the full story. Interested to see how this plays out and the only advice I could give would be practical - sleep in another room and sleep hygiene and fatigue levels etc
Majic

Postby Szaxx » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:45 am

Another possibility, residual energy left leaving him in a FA.
Thoughts manifestation occured, problem is the expectation of trouble.
An FA can be very real if unsuspected.
Szaxx

Postby Majic » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:39 am

An FA can be very real if unsuspected.

yes they can, I woke form a nice long deep set of lucids a couple of nights back and it had been blowing and raining hard before I went to sleep and there was a broken window and glass on the floor - it fooled me for a little bit, I had to really have a good think about it.

So yip our friend might be in that state with some issues being worked out
Majic

Postby CFTraveler » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:42 am

You may (or not, your call) let him know that when a person starts waking up, or reintegrating, they're in the REM state. Even if they're not paralyzed, their brainstate is producing hallucinations (also known as hypnopomps.) Most people believe them to be only visual, but they can be tactile. If he has any memory of being touched in real life (and who doesn't?) this state can reproduce them. if he was already expecting something, then his SC may have helped create them (also known as confabulation).
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Xanth » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:46 am

I've linked this thread to the individual and will be following up with them soon. :)

Great help so far guys! I fully agree with everything you've all stated!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby luciddreamer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:44 am

i used to have that feeling aswell i would see some one running at me aswell. since i started meditating it seems to stop i think it might be his sleeping pattern tell him to get up early and go to bed when he is tierd onley. thats what helped me. it would start when i was about to fall asleep.
luciddreamer

Postby astralzombie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:48 pm

After reading some of their other posts, I'm not sure that they are willing to let go of their belief that this is an entity. It seems to be some sort of a romantic notion for some people.

One of the other posters commented that it is impossible to experience the symptoms of SP while not actually being asleep but that is misleading.

Most of us here know that we put our bodies to sleep and stay awake mentally all the time to phase. Doing this allows us to experience most of SP without the hallucinations, but not always. Most people aren't aware just how quickly SP can set right back in and thus catch us off guard.

The belief that we actually leave our bodies during an OOBE will also contribute to the belief of being followed and seems rational from that stance.

I guess it depends from what beliefs you choose to approach all of this from.

All signs point to a FA in which SP and his belief system gave him a bit of trouble. What we call SP is just a process that we naturally go through and we can experience all the symptoms or any combination thereof at anytime that we are lying down to sleep or relax.
Last edited by astralzombie on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
astralzombie

Postby CFTraveler » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:48 pm

I just wanted to add that both people stating it was not sp were partially right, but paralysis is an effect, not a cause; an effect of being in REM. And the fact that both stated they got this after sleeping makes me feel confident that it's REM, or tactile hypnopomps. BTW, I used to get this too, but liked it, so of course it went away. Like getting tickled or massaged.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby luciddreamer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:11 pm

i feel sp on my back when i wake up he should start lucid dreaming and project from there like i did.
luciddreamer

Postby Xanth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:18 am

astralzombie wrote:After reading some of their other posts, I'm not sure that they are willing to let go of their belief that this is an entity. It seems to be some sort of a romantic notion for some people.

One of the other posters commented that it is impossible to experience the symptoms of SP while not actually being asleep but that is misleading.

Most of us here know that we put our bodies to sleep and stay awake mentally all the time to phase. Doing this allows us to experience most of SP without the hallucinations, but not always. Most people aren't aware just how quickly SP can set right back in and thus catch us off guard.

The belief that we actually leave our bodies during an OOBE will also contribute to the belief of being followed and seems rational from that stance.

I guess it depends from what beliefs you choose to approach all of this from.

All signs point to a FA in which SP and his belief system gave him a bit of trouble. What we call SP is just a process that we naturally go through and we can experience all the symptoms or any combination thereof at anytime that we are lying down to sleep or relax.

There are a few people over on that forum who seem to want to hold onto this kind of ideology for one reason or another. Logical recourse into what "sleep paralysis" is gets thrown to the wind because it doesn't fit with their preconceived magical/mystical notions. It's interesting to see it happen in action.

It's amazing just how strong the hold of "beliefs" are to us... even when we think we're not beholden to them in the slightest! LoL
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Meh sheep following a false god, or demon in this case.
They'll open their eyes one day.
Szaxx

Postby luciddreamer » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:50 pm

he just carnt accept you can have sleep paralysis with out being having full paralysis. iv woken up and i onley my body was bussing could move my arms and legs thay where numb but i could move them. i knew it was just sleepcparalysis. no demons just paralysis.
luciddreamer

Postby astralzombie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Here's the thing that I have a hard time explaining sometimes.

I absolutely believe and know as a fact to me, that entities do exist and can interact with us in this PMR and not all of them are of human origin. Being a human or a life form from this PMR is just one reality playing out in which consciousness can experience and evolve or devolve from. They're not all positive either but they certainly aren't evil or control us in any way other than through the manipulation of our fears.

So why do I usually dismiss entities being the cause? Well as our Russian friend pointed out in his pseudo-doc, there is a strong correlation between the experience and when it usually occurs. Though it doesn't have to happen when we just awake or try to fall asleep.

When I read, I can get so caught up in the narrative that I'm not focused on this PMR even though I have to physically flip pages. I can hear my name being called suddenly, loud and clear in the style of one the voices that I personally assigned to a character. The point is that I can sometimes experience a different state of consciousness just from reading. I don't believe that I am being haunted by the character in the book though. I'm just experiencing an auditory hallucination that usually only occurs after SP is starting to sit in but I think it can happen anytime we are relaxed and in a different state of consciousness. BTW, this has happened at least five times to me and only since I have been phasing or projecting.
astralzombie

Postby Majic » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:02 pm

I absolutely believe and know as a fact to me, that entities do exist and can interact with us in this PMR and not all of them are of human origin.

Why?, I dont believe and dont know as I am not sure what represents knowing and itis intriguing as I think I have similar experience to most here but so far have no proof of the existence of other entities in any way other that in my mind when I project.

I am not being dismissive and would happily be proven wrong on this one
Majic

Postby astralzombie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:41 pm

I understand you completely majic. I'm not making an ordinary claim here, I'm declaring stuff that is usually reserved for the crazies according to western culture yet I state it with confidence. :) But this is really one of those things that everyone has to accept or reject for themselves. Believing anything to be true without personal experience, regardless of it being true, is one definition of a fool. The other definition of a fool is a person who won't change regardless of their experiences.

Understand that I am not calling you a fool, to the contrary. I am just saying that I would be a fool for keeping my old mindset in spite of what I have seen and learned and that I may still be a fool if I learn something to the contrary and don't change again.

I've had three encounters while awake doing everyday tasks in which I have seen and even attempted to communicate with a "Ghost". I hate that term. Consciousness without a physical form sounds better to me.

One of these times, a knife literally snapped in two and was thrown to the floor with no one there but me. I'm either lying, crazy, or telling the truth. *edit* I have no explanation for the knife breaking and moving. I can only rule certain things out. I was alone physically so no one else did it. I did not do it. I did not imagine it (it was actually a WW 2 bayonet and did not belong to me,that was not a fun conversation).

I have lied in the past and will probably lie again. Fine, I know I will lie again.

If believing something extraordinary is true makes me crazy then I am crazy.

But all of this has become far too important to me to lie about my experiences because It is my hope that science will one day take all of this serious. :)

My NPR explorations have only affirmed or rejected these beliefs. They did not originate through them.

All one needs to do is keep an open mind. Unfortunately, people will try to fill it with trash and we're usually willing to let them do it.

But I am usually dismayed when people claim that every little thing is a "ghost". Though I wasn't particularly scared from my experiences, I would say that it wasn't a pleasant feeling. I do not seek them out, to be sure. And had I been in a relaxed state when they occurred, I would have dismissed them (except for the knife one).

Does this mean I may be dismissing legitimate "ghost" experiences? I don't think so. Once they have my attention, they are welcome to keep talking. :D
astralzombie

Postby Majic » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Understand that I am not calling you a fool

LOL- all good and you could just be right :D

I dont doubt at all that the experiences are real and have had my share as well and I will put a couple at the bottom of this post. What I am always weary of is the fact that they are received through our senses and filtered by our cultural upbringing and so the reasons behind what we can finally accept will be varied and by what I call the human condition of needing to understand.

Your example of the bayonet I dont doubt at all and would not even try to explain. I think along the lines that any event can only be explained in terms of what we know and there is the possibility of the explanation being based in what we dont know. If there is any truth in this the future is very exciting and while we are having our experiences we will be at the front of whatever is discovered.

As for crazy, lucky you along with not growing up that is goal of mine. I call it swimming against the flow and as long as I can laugh at myself there is a healthy balance between madness and normal.

Some interactions with energy in daily life that I feel share a common thread. These are from last year

A couple of experiences that are from daily life but I feel connected to the energy that builds our reality and human consciousness. There are 4 simple ones here that cover a broad range but I feel they are interconnected to a common realm.

I have been wanting to get a hair cut for about a week but make a game out of it and want an old style barber shop and to get one for less that $10 and have not been able to get this combo sorted out after travelling to around 4 cities that week for work. I am in a small town having a coffee with my partner and walk out on to the footpath and make a right turn away from the car to do some window shopping. A man walks out of a shop, he is downs syndrome by the look of him. He then looks right at me and says " haircuts in there and only $9" I accept this and go in a get my haircut after one week of looking I have my answer.

I am looking for a friend and think I have his house so I go through the gate and down the winding path. I think this is a odd place for him to live as it looks like the kind of place someone has built to place themselves away for some privacy and grow flowers. A turn in the path and I see a dog chained up in a kennel, give it a glance and it appears disinterested in me and I walk past with no issue.
I knock on a door and a lady answers, she looks puzzled and asks "how did you get past my guard dog as nobody does" I have never had a problem with dogs and it is quite common for me to have guard dogs leave me alone

I am in a toilet and thinking that I need to wash my hands and I wonder what kind of excuse could be used if I got caught not washing. I think that if I was blind I would get away with it. A stall door opens and a man comes out and he says. Hello, I am blind and I want to wash my hands, could you please show me where the wash basin is?

I am on the beach in the late afternoon with my children and they take off to play. A lady is about 80 meters away sitting on the sand making a sand castle. I know instantly that she is wanting to kill herself. I project the thought for her to come and talk to me when she is ready. She gets up and walks to the water , looks out to sea and then turns around and comes directly over to me. She next makes a small comment about my children and and I say to her " you were going to keep going out to sea, why didnt you?" She starts talking and tells me her story and I decide she wont harm herself and get my children and we leave.

I am in a public garden in Australia while on holiday and in wandering feel a calmness come over me, I move around a little and follow the feeling to a clear spot among some trees, I start to feel a vibration flow into my body and bask in this, it does not worry me and I stay a few moments till it fills my body. I then walk away.

These events I feel are connected in ways and all link into a bigger consciousnesses system that is available to us all if we can learn to tap into it. I feel it is vast and unlimited and the energy that makes us aware is a two sided affair that we dont really understand.
For me these events link directly to the same awareness that we have in a lucid state or in the OOB states. My body will even get a prickly feeling when events may be going to occur, not always but more often that not. I have had a lot of these type of events in my life and welcome them as I feel they expand my acceptance of a bigger picture that I am seeking to understand
Majic

Postby astralzombie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:41 pm

These events I feel are connected in ways and all link into a bigger consciousnesses system that is available to us all if we can learn to tap into it. I feel it is vast and unlimited and the energy that makes us aware is a two sided affair that we dont really understand.

This has never been stated any better. :)

The incident about being blind and washing your hands...That makes a believer out of me. What are the odds? I mean really? That kind of stuff doesn't just happen.

The beach...May you be blessed from whomever does the blessing.

The dogs...I can't relate because dogs dislike me. I'm a cat person. :D

The haircut...Getting a haircut for less than ten US is a miracle anywhere, not sure how that equates to Aussie bucks.

The garden...I hope to one day have that same calmness anywhere.
astralzombie

Postby Majic » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:37 pm

The incident about being blind and washing your hands...That makes a believer out of me. What are the odds? I mean really? That kind of stuff doesn't just happen

I think the same but like all issues I take way left and way right to put perspective into it and so for me it reads like this,

There is someone or something that is in some way directing me for a purpose and created all that is around us

There is energy that at times like the handwashing incident is expressed as thought and at times I can receive and if I am open understand it

I don't take either position and don't sit in the middle as I just don't know so am open to both, believe in neither, have no proof and would love to be wrong about both or either.

What I do think it that it takes quiet time to connect and not in the sitting meditation sense but just a quiet calm mind and an opening up of something, not sensory but a state perhaps that allows energy to flow both ways.

LOL - starting to ramble a little here but I like that

I live in New Zealand as was on holiday in Australia when I was waking around the gardens.
Majic

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions