help for a newbie

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

help for a newbie

Postby satsujin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:22 am

Hi folks, just joined this forum after liking what I read in the Astral Projection Truth ebook. Found this place after googling sleep paralysis the night after I experienced SP for the first time, the second day after trying to actually induce it. This was after I had gotten up in the middle of the night and was lying still while trying to keep my mind aware. I was doing this by mentally focusing on image of a candle and repeating "mind aware body asleep" when I felt I was going out. It was pretty instantaneous and only reached upto my knees. I spent most of the time (unsuccessfully)trying to wiggle my feet and scrunch my knees.

I think what I should have been doing was visualizing a scene in my head and letting it take me somewhere while I lay unmoving. Wherever my consciousness led me. Thats what I will try this night. I am lucky in that I can get sleep quickly by lying on my stomach when I go to bed, am 100% guaranteed to get up in the middle, have spent enough time meditating that I can clear my mind easily and find it easier to remain aware in a relaxed state by moving onto my back.

I plan to watch and read the material in the forum's Academy posts today. Just wanted to say hello and wondering if there is any advice for a newbie? Also wondering if anyone who has entered the non physical reality(NPR) can interact with the physical reality of our waking consciousness from the dream/astral reality? Like if I keep a piece of paper with an unknown number on it in my room, can I read it from the NPR? Can I heal people in this world from the NPR?

Thanks,
Anoop.
satsujin

help for a newbie

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: help for a newbie

Postby Szaxx » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:04 am

Hi Satsujin, welcome to the forum.
Let's hope you can answer your questions for yourself. Have a read through the academy lessons and see what you think.
You can read a piece of paper, conditions do apply and healing does work.
Szaxx

Postby satsujin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:27 am

Thanks for the response Szaxx. Maybe you can tell me if my current approach is a good one:
-During the day, do nostril reality check by asking "Am I dreaming?" then trying to breathe through closed nostrils. If I cant breathe say "I cant breathe so I cant be dreaming". Then say "If I am breathing, I am dreaming".

-When I go to bed at night, imagine a scence with the words "I am dreaming" in a black space and repeat those words mentally in my head.

-If I wake up from a dream, visualize the dream in my head and keep it in mind as I slowly go back to sleep. If I have trouble falling asleep, revisualize the "I am dreaming" scene and keep in mind until I fall asleep again.

I tried this method last night and was not able to recall the dream I was having the first time I woke up in middle of the night so I visualized the "I am dreaming" scenario. When I woke up the second time, I had been dreaming of falcon training, so I visualized the last memory I had of the dream as I fell back into sleep. Did not gain lucidity then either. Will try this for at least 1 month before deciding whether it works or not but would like to know if this approach is sensible or not.
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:41 am

I should add that I have difficulty falling asleep on my back so when I go to bed, I sleep on my stomach or side. But when I wake in middle of the night I try to remain mind aware, body asleep as I fall asleep again by sleeping on my back. I end up falling into deep sleep this way even then.
satsujin

Postby Szaxx » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:26 am

If you think of the nose trial as a test and imagine you can breathe through closed nostrils, it should work well.
Thinking you can't breathe if closed will manifest the expectation and you'd not know if the result is true due to your belief.
It's that wall thing. We know that they're solid and believe this in the NP too. They contain you from this belief. If you know you can walk through anything, the wall isn't a barrier anymore.
It's how you apply the tests within your mindset. For something impossible in the physical to be used, you have to believe it will. If it does, you're in the NP for sure.
Szaxx

Postby satsujin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:38 am

So how should I perform the nose trial while in the physical world so that it will be triggered properly in the non physical? Or is my current method okay?
satsujin

Postby Szaxx » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:23 am

As you are with the idea it will work. Even though you know it can't in the physical it will when you're not. Believe it will. This sets up your subconscious to do the test correctly wherever you are.
It's the thought of it working that you need to put the intent on.
Szaxx

Postby satsujin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:25 am

Can you give me an idea of approx. how long I should try the method I mentioned before I try to change it if it doesn't work? 1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month? 2 months? Or am I guaranteed to achieve success some time in my life if I stick with any method?
satsujin

Postby Xanth » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Satsujin!

Have you considered joining our Astral Academy?

Go here: help-for-a-newbie-t757.html

Start a new thread in the subforum, and answer those questions for us. Then begin working on our Lessons and we'll try to answer any questions you might have. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Phantom » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Your success depends partially on your ability to overcome your fears and improve your focus. This is like an art. If you take piano lessons long enough and practice you will be able to play paino. How well you play depends on your inate ability and willingness to focus on it.

Methods:

The mental state that you need to attain is similar to a hypnotic trance. You actually need to go deeper than that and still remain conscious. This is where your focus comes into play.
You have to keep your focus sharp without disrupting the depth of the trance. Just a tiny silk thread of your mind awake while the rest is asleep no matter what happens. Dreams are distracting and noises are distracting. If you get distracted your done for that session, if you fall asleep you have a chance to try again as you wake up.

This is a good hypnosis tape to practice with.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EbEoIDaDY

This guy makes a bunch of them. They're all sound and good to work with.
Phantom

Postby satsujin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Thanks Phantom. Do I try this hypnosis tape while meditating in the evening or when I wake up in the middle of the night/before going to sleep? The reason I ask is that I find it difficult to sleep with headphones on.
satsujin

Postby Phantom » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:14 pm

noo nooo you don't want to associate the trance state with sleep. Do the hypnosis tape sitting up. You can project from a sitting position.
Phantom

Postby satsujin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:56 pm

okay but do I do that in the middle of the night when I wake up from a REM cycle or middle of the evening just before going for a shower?
satsujin

Postby Phantom » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:37 am

Not until you've master the primary method of dropping down into trance. The best time to work is when your mind is nice and fresh. You have to train your mind and body to go deep in trance without falling asleep.

So to do this you must have had a good night's sleep and not be drowsey at all.

Then as you progress you will have times when you wake at night that you will find you can slip into the state and into lucid dreaming or projection. Right now as a beginner you have trained your mind to sleep at a certain point when you relax. You have to undo that tendency.

Some people have natural focus to be able to keep their conscious mind going as they go deeper. That ability is fairly rare. The rest of us who are not so genetically talanted have to learn that kind of focus

Think of the time of day when it would be best for you to learn a new mathmatical problem or study for a test. That's when you should work.
Phantom

Postby satsujin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:01 am

I currently meditate at 10am and 7pm for 30mins. I am able to keep a clear mind uncluttered with thoughts for that period. I find this difficult to do at 4am without falling asleep soon when I wake up.
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:30 am

I've just read about the Gateway Experience CDs and Frank's posts. I think I could work on them towards reaching the nonphysical with substantial patience with a some help with this forum. Is anyone still watching this thread? My current goal is to reach mind awake, body asleep state but I can only practice that when sleep is an issue ---- when I got to bed and also when I get up in middle of the night.
During 10am and 7pm meditation I am trying to move an awareness away from the physical body. I move it to my brow chakra and try to avoid looking through my closed eyes. I currently am am to visualize many different images in my brow awareness but so far can only last for about 15 mins. Working on extending time. IS this a good route?
satsujin

Postby Xanth » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:19 am

As long as you post updates, we're watching. :)

It's a good route to start with, yes.
However, I kind of get the feeling that you're simply going through the motions you have read about.

In the case above, the movement of your awareness from one area to another needs to be a COMPLETE movement of your ENTIRE awareness... THAT is the focus that will allow for the shift away from this physical reality. But it needs to be an act which COMPLETELY takes your awareness and pushes all of physical reality away. :)

You're on the right track. You just need to figure out *WHY* these things work.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby satsujin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks for watching :)
Last night I had the most success when I practiced moving awareness when I went to bed. I do lose sense of the physical for the longest then. I dont think of my environment or my body. My focus is on the random images appearing in my mental awareness and no inner speech. I did fall asleep and lose consciousness but until then was able to keep mind awake for the longest while. Is this an example of Focus 10?
When I got up in the morning, I did the same but noticed when the images appeared my inner voice spoke the word representing the image. After working with it for some time, I was able to restrict the voice a little so 'caterpillar' became 'cat', spoon became 'sp' etc. Since this is only my second day I think my progress is promising so far.
satsujin

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions